Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

everyone works well together as a team, management is excellent
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87110October 20, 2017
The most enjoyable part is having a great team. Teamwork has been a success. The hardest part of the job is the small hours. Management is amazing best out of all my pass job employments. They work with you, push you to do your best without making you feel any less about yourself.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
don't get a lot of hours
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2017
Retail is super fast so you have to constantly be alert to changes and be ready to change course. They do fun things like invite food trucks on Fridays and on other Fridays they have a car wash service come.
You have to pay for the food from the food truck and the car wash but it's nice to not have to leave.
Pros
Fun group
Cons
Sometimes too fast-paced
great
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 16, 2017
great place to work ! awesome work life balance .great management .I would recommend this employer to anyone looking to grow with a company . This is a great choice !
Pros
great enviorment
Cons
little hours at times
Great company
Sales/Retail (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDOctober 15, 2017
Great company, unfortunately not enough hours available
Fun staff; beautiful location, and great managers
Team environment with great incentives in sales
This store is so clean and it sparkles
Custmer service or any (Current Employee) –  Pleasant prarieOctober 14, 2017
The items in the store sale themselves. Moving product should be a breeze. If people dont buy from here either they dealt with a bad sales person or they just dont have the money. However they should walk out with something.
Pros
Discounts, and other perks. Will work holidays
Cons
I cant see any con's
Not somewhere to go if you want to work in a fun, exciting store!
Part-Time Sales Lead Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLOctober 13, 2017
Management was awful! The full time & GSM just spent their time complaining about their personal lives and shopping! I was a PT SL manager and was under paid for what I was REQUIRED to do. Expect to be paid little to nothing as a manager and as a Sales Associate! So many better places to work. I spent almost 2 years pulling my hair put due to the stress of running a store practically on my own, and I wasn't even the store manager!
Pros
25% discount on full price items ONLY
Cons
Management, company in whole
Fun workplace with great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKOctober 10, 2017
The stores are inviting and friendly with regular costumers that love the products. Managers are experienced, fair, and willing to help you learn. Workers are kind and hard working. It is a great job to start getting experience or expanding your experience.
Pros
25% employee discount
Okay
Cashier/Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410October 9, 2017
It was an ok experience. Easy job, stressful at busy times because there's not enough co workers at the same hour. Cute little things they sell. Co workers are fairly nice, and nice customers most of the time.
Stressful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVOctober 1, 2017
I worked at Charming Charlie for just under four months before I was "voluntarily" terminated. I was fired for a misunderstanding due to a sudden schedule change. I don't think I would recommend this workplace to anyone.
Fun at first, nightmare in the end
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJSeptember 28, 2017
When I got the job at Charming Charlie I worked with lovely ladies. Management was ah-ma-zing. Six or so months into the job management and style specialists started leaving and we were short staffed. I was hired as a PART TIME style specialist. Why was I being scheduled 38 hour weeks during the summer of 2017? I had to do everything in the store because I was one of their best employees. I was still getting paid a horrible wage and was working everyday and 7-9 hour shifts. The horrible temporary manager made me carry boxes and boxes of merchandise up and down stairs and across the store while she sat in the office talking on the phone and writing emails. After the company hired new managers for our store those were horrible too. Passive-aggressive, not cordial at all, selfish, and lazy.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Horrible people
Fun place if you like retail
former employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2017
Very fun to help people pick out jewelry for their tastes and occasions, so it made for a very lighthearted workplace for the most part. Meeting sales goals was stressful but that comes with any job in retail
Pros
lunch break, structure, good pay
Great fun place to work
CHARMER (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, MNSeptember 22, 2017
Loved the people I worked with and the job was very fun. Got to organize the store and set up displays. Helped customers and checked customers out at register.
Some managers are just too young and immature
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Too many rules for the pay and immature managers that are not ready to lead. Pay maybe the reason for all of it but not an excuse. Good job for college students because of the flexible hours
Okay
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
Was just a job for the summer. Only reason why I left was due to the inconsistent hours and having to stand for long periods of time. The customers were okay and can be stuck up for no reason at all and putting up with that is not even worth it especially with the pay and it being just a jewelry/accessories boutique . Worked every weekend the closing shift which was very crazy because if I wanted to do something I couldn't. I put in a two week notice but left before it was up. Manager was funny acting too so I could care less about staying and putting up with the bs . Definitely left and wouldn't go back.
Cons
Long hours, difficult customers, no work-life balance
Poor Management
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 16, 2017
No communication withing management. No advancement. It was very stressful. I wish they worked more as a team. It is often confusing. they have too many management positions.
Relaxed and Friendly work environment though fast paced on weekends
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 14, 2017
Great place to work, love the discount, love that they work around your schedule. Hardest part of the job is maybe dealing with rude customers from time to time but that is just the retail experience. A typical day at work includes greeting customers, checking customers out, staying on top of what promotions and sales are going on, helping customer match jewelry for outfits, etc.
Very well organized and fast paced
Retails Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNSeptember 13, 2017
Charming Charlie's was the most well organized and fast paced work environment I've ever worked in. Always meeting goals and sales requirements. Great place to work at for sure. Everyone's super friendly and very easy to get along with and also very helpful.
It's Good
Style Specialist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West County, MOSeptember 13, 2017
If you need a decent part time job and you shop at this store, then you will like it here. We get a discount and there are employee appreciations quarterly which boost the discount temporarily.
relaxing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462September 8, 2017
It was a pretty relaxing environment music was always being played, my co-workers were my age group so it was a better position than Septa but it wasn't man people coming in and out of the store so a lot of days were slow days.
Great Place to Work
Associate Buyer, Fashion Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Charming Charlie was a wonderful environment for growth but it was a little chaotic. The direction would change often, but the people that work there make it a great culture!
Pros
Coworkers were great
Cons
Not enough direction

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9