Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Productive work space
Stylist/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 16, 2018
Co workers were upbeat and encouraging, non commission sales environment was a down side. Management was understanding and promoted happy workspace. Overall a nice place to work
Fun, yet okay.
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 16, 2018
It's usually a fun time working with customers when I come in. I enjoy trying to help people as we go along, but at the same time, it gets too slow sometimes.
Fun but a lot of pressure
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  CoronaJanuary 15, 2018
A lot of pressure to put on a facade and create a certain atmosphere for shopping which a lot of customers didnt like. All the girls I worked with were great so work was fun and ejoyable.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Boring at times
Fun and chic place to work
Sales Associate| Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 14, 2018
Seasonal flow but very fun and vibrant place to work. Charming Charlie teaches you how to read physical and nonverbal ques on customers allowing you to best solve their needs.
Pros
Great customer base
Cons
Seasonal
Fun and easy
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 13, 2018
It's retail and it's not that busy. On a typical day you will talk to customers, do go backs, clean the store and check customers out on a point of sale system
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Not many hours
Busy but fun atmosphere
HRIS Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2018
This is a very fun place to work. The people love to celebrate everything and have team activities. You can learn a lot from your fellow co-worker. It is always a growing atmosphere.
Pros
Warm working atmosphere
Cons
Long work days
Easy Going place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bee Caves, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Great place to work. Can be slow and a bit boring some days but overall a positive place to be. I would recommend this to people interested in a slow paced environment.
Not all it was cracked up to be
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 12, 2018
Management was constantly changing. Higher ups Were out of reach when help was needed. Store was left unattended. Charmers were not treated as human beings. More so like work horses
A face paced friendly enviorment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I absoulty love working here , the employees as well as the customers were very friendly , it was just a nice and warm place to be , i enjoyed coming to work , it became like coming to work to work with my family , i would still be there if they didint close the store down
It was stressful
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 11, 2018
At the time the management was decent, but the head manager wasn't up to par. They would always be in the back "working on emails" or some other excuse and the Charmers would be left in the store to work ;on tasks which is fine I could handle it but it got old after awhile of not having help. I shouldn't have to radio for back up in my opinion they should finish their backroom tasks then come back out and help organize the rest of the store along with us. It would take an employee working alone about 2 hours to fix a table but if there was actually help then maybe 30mins. It was a really "I'm not doing it because she didn't do either" kind of place. Also, the pay was only $8 and they couldn't give you raises even if you were working your butt off, making and exceeding sales, and constantly with came into work with a positive attitude even though you hated going into work because you knew you were gonna have to do everything they wouldn't.

Want to know more about Charming Charlie?

Ask a question
horrible management
style specialist (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Management was horrible. I had to quit because I felt like if I couldn't advance within the store. Management was not able to put personal feelings aside. One of the assistant managers did not like me for no reason and since she was good friends with the manager they cut my hours more. I would never go back to work in that store.
Working at Charming Charlie
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Bristow, VAJanuary 9, 2018
I would not recommend working with Charming Charlie. I had the experience of working there for about 4 years, and I can not sit here and tell someone there. I was paid unfairly, and given more responsibility but paid unfairly to those who did much less work. Also, management is horrific.
GENERAL STORE MANAGER, SENIOR ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Always on the go. Customer focused. I learned how quickly you can evolve with the company. The company is always changing on a daily basis. Customers above all
Was great until everyone got fired
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Antelope Valley, CAJanuary 8, 2018
Days at work were varying depending on the number of customers that came in. You were expected to help your shifted co-workers reach hourly goals set by the higher-ups of the company. Minimum wage job, minimum wage hours, no overtime, no paid leave, sick days, benefits. I basically learned how to sell water to a fish here. Management was amazing until management changed and then the company went broke and we all got fired. I truly enjoyed working with my co-workers and miss the environment we had working together. The hardest part was making sales goals, basically nearly impossible unless there was a sale. Enjoyed time with co-workers the most.
Pros
Good Co-Workers, hours were decent, management was great at beginning.
Cons
the company closed and everyone got fired.
great place higher up's not so much
CO-MANAGER (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 8, 2018
I loved my job and did not plan on leaving but due to the store I was at closing I had no choice. they did not pay any pto or show remorse when it came down to it
Make it your Last Resort
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Even over the holidays this place was so boring! Management did NOT care about anything but profit, and no breaks are given and even though it is a typical RETAIL job, you have to clean the bathrooms!! A typical shift is 6 to 8 hours, which is fine, but it seemed like years because no one would come in the store! It was a ghost town! And management would always blame us for not reaching our goals! For the entry level job, you're supposed to sell, sell, sell! And I love selling, but there's no one to sell to! This job gave me too much stress for being paid only 8 dollars an hour! And the culture is horrible! Most of my coworkers were very cliquey and did not like new people. Like if you have an interview here, do it, but please, please, PLEASE make this place your last resort!
Pros
easy job to obtain
Cons
Management, low pay, no breaks for 8 or 10 hour shifts, boring
An okay job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLJanuary 6, 2018
For me , this was a very simple “come to work & do your job” kind of job. There was no drama or anything like that going on. It was simple & we were trained well.
Fun Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIJanuary 5, 2018
The management at Charming Charlie is amazing. It is honestly one of the best companies that I have ever worked for. I would highly recommend this job.
Fast pased, detailed work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJanuary 5, 2018
It was a fast passed work and had to be detailed on displays on how we present the store. We had to be patient with our clients. The environment was good. Nice co-workers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours
It was very slow paced
Associate (Current Employee) –  Novato, CAJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day at work was simple and almost the same everyday. I come to work, put on a headset, and walk around and keep the store clean. I learned to make myself presentable. Management was unprofessional and hired her friends and practically didn't do much. Workplace was okay, people talked about other coworkers behind their backs. The hardest part of the job was not having enough employees at the store and the people who got the most hours are the ones the manager was friends with.
Pros
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9