Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employer Reviews

fun and exciting workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCSeptember 29, 2014
- A typical work day is interesting there is always something that needs to be done whether its helping a costumer, or making sure that product gets put on the floor.
- As a sales associate at Charming Charlie I have learned how to help costumers, by approaching them in the correct way, and making them feel comfortable with you as an associate.
-Management – more... and co-workers are great very friendly.
-The hardest part of my job happens when the store gets crowded typically on Saturdays and there are many costumers that are asking for assistance and you are not able to help every costumer at one time.
- I enjoy getting to know costumers and assisting costumers with their fashion needs. – less
Fun and exciting place to work
Fashion Advisor, Temporary Stock Lead (Current Employee), Hendersonville, TNSeptember 28, 2014
A typical day of work consists of a variety of things. Throughout the work day I maintain and continue to engage with customers to find out what they are looking for and building a personal relationship with them. At the register, I revisit the things spoken about on the sales floor to keep the connection. I also have to ring the transaction up in an – more... efficient amount of time. Teamwork is another key skill to demonstrate in the everyday work environment.I also must keep the store looking its best to create a visually pleasing environment to shop in. As the temporary stock lead, I was responsible for processing shipment as quickly and efficiently as possible to get new product to the floor in order to sell it. I also was in charge of visuals so I had to make sure the correct signage was in place everyday. The hardest part of the job was when we did not have exactly what the customer was looking for, but to fix this situation, I offered alternative products. The most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be knowing that you made a difference in someone's life whether it was by just building a relationship with them or just putting a smile on their face. – less
Charmer Point of view
Charmer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: jewelry, discounts, fashion, and rewards
Cons: hours, hourly pay, and magazine scams
On this Job its all about Time management, fashion visuals, product sales, and duties. The hardest thing about this job is fighting for hours and pay. This job is perfect for High school seniors and people that wants to work in retail for the rest of their life. unless your management you don't get paid good at all you can't afford living expenses on – more... your own. I can't move out my parents home because this job doesn't pay enough. But its a fun fashionable job other than the DM always on your case about lying to the customer to get sales. – less
Fun
Charmer (Former Employee), Rogers, ARSeptember 23, 2014
Have to learn a lot about wear and how to place the merchandise and be very into the customer and what they are looking for, managers push on getting customers emails way too much, but other then that fun and exciting place to r=work
NOPE!
n/a (Current Employee), n/aSeptember 22, 2014
I'm sure other stores run very well...i have no words for my location
Decent if you are only looking for a part time job..
Held Various positions (Current Employee), PASeptember 14, 2014
If you are a college student looking for some spending money, this would be a good job for you. 40% 'employee appreciation weekends' are always nice.

However, if you are looking for a company to grow with, DO NOT waste your time. For some reason management enjoys leading people on by promising advancement opportunities and claim they have no say in – more... it whatsoever. There is also a lot of conflict between various levels of management. I have witnessed a senior manager blatantly ignore direction from the store manager and instead of the store manager saying something, she just complained and had charmers complete the work instead. It is a very 'every man for himself' atmosphere. – less
Productive and fun environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Harvey, LASeptember 9, 2014
Customers and employees were extra nice and friendly. My days at work were exciting and supportive. The job was easy because it was something that I enjoyed doing.
Fun and exciting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 6, 2014
I learned a lof from my co-workers and managers. They were always positive and reassuring. The customers loved coming in because of the friendly staff. The hardest part was transferring to a new location because this Hobby Lobby was great. The most enjoyable part of my day was coming to work.
Fun, Upbeat, Trendy, Fast Paced, Visually Appealing, and Busy
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: great discounts
Cons: no full time positions available other than for managers
Great place to work! Fun employees from diverse backgrounds and awesome customers. I learned how to successfully to do floor settings according to Charming Charlie guidelines, and how to effectively use product placement as a tool for up selling merchandise.
Fast and fun work day
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leeds, ALAugust 28, 2014
A typical day was normally slower during the week but during the weekend and holidays were the busiest. It is fun and alot of customer interaction.
A fun workplace in Fashion
Charmer - Fashion Adviser (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIAugust 23, 2014
Pros: employee discount, lunch during long shifts, helpful management and co-workers
Cons: lack of hours
I love working with people and this job made it fun and satisfying when our customers left happy and more knowledgeable about fashion accessories. I learned more about today's continuously changing trends and how to show customers different ways to wear the accessories we sold. The management team was always there and willing to help improve in all – more... aspects of the company. My co-workers were fun, friendly, and easy to work with. The hardest part of working here was keeping up with how fast fashion changed, but there was always someone willing to help you when you needed it. The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy and showing them all sorts of tips and tricks to help them enjoy the things that they bought. – less
Fun Environment in the feild of Fashion Jewlery
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: great staff, availability to move up in the company
Cons: short lunches, not enough hours
I learned how to improve my people skills since I had to interact with our customers throughout the entire shift. I learned a lot about advising people on jewelry and how to put a successful outfit together for any occasion. The best part about working there were the great employees that always wanted to help eachother fulfill a great day!
FUN
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Modesto, CAAugust 13, 2014
Great company to work for. All the girls at the Modesto CA store that I work with are awesome. Management is amazing. Love it. I hope to be promoted soon. *Fingers crossed*. I enjoy the positive energy, but most of all I love that I help each and every one of my customers leave happy and feeling fabulous (:
Fun workplace, great work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Panama City Beach, FLAugust 13, 2014
I enjoyed working here. It was very rewarding helping people pick out clothing and accessories.
Friendly Enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLAugust 11, 2014
Great management willing to teach new workers how things are done and provide assistance with any issues
No growth
Senior Allocation Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2014
There was no growth available, I would not recommend this company to anyone
Fun workplace, not so productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJuly 21, 2014
It was always fun to go to work, but sometimes it was just sad. The workplace became a playground, and people started quiting and just walking out.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 18, 2014
Charming Charlie is a newer company, only about 10 years old. The company has recently rapidly expanded and continues to grow. Daily manager tasks include: checking sales, payroll, planning out the day, and on the spot coaching when needed. It is a good place to grow and it is always busy, keeping an employee on her toes.
unprofessional management
assistant manager (Former Employee), bufordJuly 17, 2014
Pros: charmers, customer
Cons: bad management, work hard and no one shows you any appreciation, talked down to by upper management
This job can be great if you are working for the right people. Managers are very childish, step on one another to get to the top, and a lot of favoritism shown. No one shows team work witch is very sad.
Very fun girly place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: fun, girly
Cons: short hours, hired too many people not enough hours.
Charming CHARLIE was a fun place to work. i learned something new everyday about fashion. Everyday was ydifferent which i loved because it always kept you on your toes. The co-workers there were amazing, they were all family. The management was HORRIBLE. They would make the schedule and then write in hours but not call the person to tell them that they – more... got more hours. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Charming Charlie

COMPANY It’s time for a FABULOUS career! charming charlie, the award-winning fashion accessories retailer, is the one-of-a-kind – Read more

Charming Charlie Photos