Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Enjoyable working environment
Cashier / Sales (Current Employee), El Paso TXAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Good environment
Cons: Lack of team work
A typical day at work consist of welcoming the costumer into the store along with making them feel important. Helping the customer find what they were looking for or building ideas to make sales. Informing costumers about promotions of the day to add on to sale. Maintaining the store clean and well stocked. Make sure costumers have a pleasant experience at the cash-rap by avoiding lines and keeping – more... a friendly environment. Other days are set on shipment opening boxes and separating merchandise to set out in the store. We also have days set for resenting and visualization of the store along with marking down new items for sale. I have learned different techniques to approach costumers to maximize sales. I have learned to visualize the store to expose higher prized items to improve sales. The management keeps a friendly environment to make the workers more comfortable. I do feel the management spends to much time talking to one another other then work. I do see the management spend most of the time in the back texting and eating. I do feel as if the management would accomplish more if time was not waited. Most co-workers have worked there for long so I feel they have become complaisant and unproductive. We usually do not see each other much because most of the time it's two managers and one associate. The hardest part of the job is to complete others jobs along with yours. The most enjoyable part of this job is being around different people each day. I like having to meet costumers and the little or a lot they share during our interactions. – less
Fashionable, Inspiring
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at Charming Charlie's consisted of helping the customer that came in to find the "it" of her style. Products ranged from clothing to jewelry and accessories. I learned more about having a sense of fashion. Management was ok wasn't too crazy about it. I wasn't able to learn too much about my co-workers because we were assigned to different zones that we had to be attentive to. The hardest part of my job was attempting to enjoy my job.
Best Sales Associate Job! 10/10- would recommend
Associate Charmer (Current Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 9, 2015
Pros: 25% discount, promotional discounts for employees, first dibs on new and marked down merchandise
Cons: Closing is done by one person mainly, wish it paid a little more.
How could I not love working around cute jewelry and clothes?? I got this job in May, after returning from my first year of college. It was only for the summer and the christmas season (yet to come), but I loved working at this store so much that I am transferring to a store to work at while I am at school (the locations are 8 hours apart, commuting would not be an option). The environment is so fun – more... and easy going as well as the other workers are fun to be around. The entire team of staff has completely changed in the last six months because this location was not doing well. Corporate replaced the managers and eventually all the previous staff left, from what I heard. But I also saw many customer and employee reviews saying they were unhappy, so it was for the best. It was very easy to get the hang of, hardly anything you have to memorize and all super easy to get used to. I found it very easy to excel at. My favorite part was the outfits I got to wear! On top of the black standard, we are allowed to wear certain colors each month. Every article of clothing has to be solid color, and the only prints you can wear has to be from Charming Charlie. Only dresses and tops can be colored, skirts and pants have to be black or white, no shorts. We have to wear 4 accessories, which sounds like a lot but it was really easy to pick out outfits, I soon found out. This job was perfect for me and I'm confident it can be perfect for anyone else. – less
Over worked Little Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Oxon Hill MarylandAugust 5, 2015
I started this job when I was in my teens and I was very unpleased with the management. Managers kept coming and going. There was no growth for me with this company
Retail store with operational opportunity
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: great staff
Cons: work-life balance, poor work hours
Charming Charlie provides multiple advancements within the company. The work-life balance for managers can be tough to balance. The people working within Charming Charlie have upbeat personalities with strong customer service focus.
Charmed to meet you!
Charmer (Current Employee), Happy Valley, ORJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible, great team, great company to work for
Cons: Short shifts and no full time
I have the best team at Charming Charlie with a management team that really care about me and my co workers. It can get pretty busy at work but I always enjoy each day that I am working.
Nice place to work, very laid back.
Team-member (Hourly) (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJuly 25, 2015
It's a good place to work. Usually go in, get all your gear on, and basically be a personal assistant to the customers. Co-workers and managers are very nice and pleasant. The only thing is that it can get slightly slow sometimes, so a bit boring. It is very fun and teaches you great customer service skills and pushes you to reach your goals.
Hours are not always promised
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houma, LAJuly 22, 2015
I was hired as a part-time associate, and was told that I would get 20-30 hours per weeks. I usually only receive 8-12 hours.
fun store with poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), marietta, GAJuly 21, 2015
No hours, poor management who most of the time was unwilling to help. Our store manager was selfish and unapproachable.
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and Staff
Cons: Rapid Growth and ever changing corporate structure
The environment is fun and friendly. I learned a great deal at this job as well as skills to help me succeed in my future endeavors. The management team was engaged and merely lacked the tools to help improve the work environment. The staff was friendly and always a pleasure to work with. The most difficult part of the job was the ever changing structure of the departments. Working for a company in high growth was the most enjoyable part of being part of that team.
Best Part time job
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 17, 2015
Cons: non
The management team at this store was always very encouraging and made our jobs fun. We did have a sales quota to meet everday, but it never felt like it was the most important thing. The other team mates that they hired we all genuine and rumors or talking about the other employees were not tolerated.
Fun environment but corporate could improve their standards.
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Estero, FLJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed most aspects of working for Charming Charlie, but they don't have good values for their employees. The turnover rate is very low and people don't stay there for very long.
ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 16, 2015
short hours, but good company. fun place to work lots of great products. the hours were very shorts for working there the holidays. love what i did and love the co-workers
It was a job
SR. ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJuly 1, 2015
It was retail. It will make a great first job for some who wants to be a retail manager! If, you have common sense and KNOW how a company should function....this place will only frustrate you!
Great Working Environment
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Everything!!!
Cons: Lack of hours for part time associates
Working for Charming Charlie is definitely a FUN and FABULOUS experience. The environment is very comfortable and personable! Would definitely recommend!
Positive work environment, growth opportunities
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 27, 2015
After working for Charming Charlie for 6 months, I had been promoted to Visual Lead was trained in daily read reports, handled walk throughs with district managers, and was responsible for inventory management. There were some problems with management but when I brought this to my superior's attention it was quickly handled.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJune 22, 2015
Charming Charlie is a fun and lively environment for customers to shop in. I enjoyed working with other individuals who shared my interests in customer relations.
Fun and upbeat place to work, female consumer driven
Stock Lead /Visual Expert (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: None of the merchandise was targeted towards men
A typical day at work included processing shipment and/or running the cash register. I learned how to build fixtures, create merchandise flow, work the cash register, pair and sell outfitting, create displays, submit damaged merchandise via standard operating procedure, and provide memorable and specific consultations resulting in increased profit. Management was amiable and made me feel valuable. My co-workers varied in age, but were almost exclusively women. The hardest part of my job was completing the shipment process in a very limited amount of time, but we did it! The most enjoyable part of my job was setting up displays and interacting with customers.
Not the worst job in the world
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 17, 2015
Paid minimum wage
Standing for long periods of time
Dealing with rude customers/ coworkers
You feel good by helping other women look/feel good about themselves.
Even though working here will definitely test your patience, a few customers will make the difference between you hating/loving your job.
Wonderful place to work!
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), IndianaJune 13, 2015
It was a fun salon with wonderful leadership. Many good memories and down to earth employees! Beautiful atmosphere with a lot of fun amenities.
Headquarters
Houston, TX
Employees
5,001 to 10,000
Industry
Links
Charming Charlie website
Linkedin
Watch our recruiting video!

Twitter