Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAFebruary 16, 2017
great work environment with awesome coworkers. i didnt like how far the drive was but it was a good sales experience and it made me realize how much i loved selling and making people feel better about their purchases!
working with a fun team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 16, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with a great group of people that I really enjoyed being around. On a typical day we would assist costumers and help them find what they needed. We would also help them pick out jewelry and outfits for special occasions.
Very polite and nice atmosphere
Style specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 16, 2017
I learned how to style people in ways I never knew before using knowledge I did not have before. A typical day would consist of helping someone find the best accessory for themselves or for a loved one.
Typical Retail Employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2017
The store's mission is very interesting and inclusive. However, unless you study business or design - growing within the company and moving up in position isn't possible.
Pros
get to see the new merchandise before anyone else
Cons
no opportunity for long term growth / exclusive
Productive Place
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
I have been working there less than a year but I have learned quite a lot since being there. The management team is very nice and professional. They are really easy to talk to and understanding of the lives the associates have outside of the company.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 9, 2017
I liked working at Charming Charlie. I love jewelry and trying it on. Working there allowed us to wear the jewelry throughout our shift as a way of trying to sell it as well. The pay and hours were good. Management worked with you to make your time there wonderful
N/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at Charming Charlies was slow when the store was not busy. I was a cashier and sales associate helping out customers in anything they needed.
Great atmosphere
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Charming Charlie. There was more opportunity for growth within the company. However, due to many changes there are not many positions to grow into.
Fun job, works around your schedule
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day is greeting customers and trying to encourage them to buy products you'd think they would love. Helping them find what they are looking for and encourage add ons. In management there is a new "rule" if you don't make your hours you will first get a warning, next a written up and third the second written up and if you get two written up's in a 90 day period you get fired which I think is absolutely ridiculous considering some hours you have no control over. Perks is every few months we have employee appreciation weekends and we get 40% off store products.
Pros
Fun employees, Discounts
kitchen clerk
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 6, 2017
This job keeps you busy. You do get a ton of hours which is no fun when you are in school. The pay is great and most of the time the staff is friendly.
Fun working place and good fashion
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I loved working with young girls my age and interracting with the customers to create new looks and outfits. The customers were always very patient and respectful and we could always be happy to assist them with anything. It was all about them being right and making the customer happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Manager attitude
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCFebruary 3, 2017
Fun customers and fun coworkers. Wasn't happy that I was told I would be hired after seasonal and given a raise and then was fired, but overall a fun place.
Overall- great experience, but lack of benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2017
Lots of changes each year. Have very supportive upper management, and a great work environment but employee benefits are dwindling each year.
Pros
Supportive leaders
Benefits
Its a job
Stocking/ Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI 53189February 3, 2017
This job was ran very poorly. They scheduled us in a way that made it almost impossible to go to school or have a social life. They did not communicate well with workers.
Very fun and energetic place to work
Charming Charlie Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALFebruary 1, 2017
Very fun place to work. Employee discount was great, but probably spent too much of my paycheck on it. Very flexible with the fact I am a college student. I was able to transfer from my college store to my home store very easily which was very important to me especially around the holidays.
Producitve and Fun Workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJanuary 30, 2017
I truly enjoyed working for Charming Charlie's. My managers were awesome and very flexible with my college school schedule. I loved helping customers find the right color, size, and style for them. This job is perfect for someone who cares about customer service. Also, this job requires a lot of patience because you're dealing a lot of picky customers. The only con was lack of hours.
Pros
Management, Flexibility, and Fun
Cons
Lack of hours, short breaks
Great people but...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Village, TXJanuary 27, 2017
I worked for Charming Charlie for a little over a year. I quickly took to the visual merchandising side of things and had great managers that helped me cultivate the talents that I found. Eventually, I was given a title change from "Style Specialist" to "Operations Specialist". As great as that sounds it is literally what it sounds like. It was only a title change and not a promotion. I did not gain a pay raise, nor did I gain regular hours. Probably my only complaint with Charming Charlie was the lack of pay given to associates. If I could go back to Charming Charlie with 40 hours per week and more than $8/hour I would go in a heartbeat. I made great friends while working for the company, but would not have stayed any longer than I did.
Pros
Great people, fun environment, rewarding work
Cons
Pay, inconsistent hours
Great management and fun atmosphere
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 26, 2017
Typical day at work was greeting customers, making sure every customer had a basket to put items into, and restocking any empty shelves. Everyone that worked there was incredibly nice.
Pros
Free food during holidays
Cons
Not a lot of time for bathroom breaks
Retail Wonderland
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Charming Charlie has a great work-vibe with a learning culture. They are very aware of their upper management selections that provide the best sales results and leadership. Fun job to have and I learned a lot.
Pros
Management, flexible schedule
Cons
Low compensation
Charming Charlie has been a great place to work
Full Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I train and hire people and make sure we meet company goals. I love talking to people and helping them with what they need, its the best part of the job. Hardest part of the job is retail is no getting hit by online purchases so I am know looking to help another company grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9