Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 19, 2016
Working at charming charlie was a vey fun experience my co-wrokers and managers were very nice I got along with everyone and enjoyed going into work each day. One of the hardest parts of the job was sorting and unpacking the shipment that would come in throughout the week. One of the most enjoyable parts of working for this company was helping each and every customer with any questions they may have had and giving them a reason to come back and shop with us.
Pros
free lunch most days
Cons
short breaks
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager/ CRM Lead (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of helping customers feel fabulous and comfortable in whatever style they choose! In this company, I learn to listen to others, be a leader and a team player, and be committed and empowered by others and myself! I absolutely love my management team and the style specialist who work really hard in making this company what it is today. The hardest part of my job is visuals and marketing. Visuals and marketing is imperative in building our key performance indicators and selling. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people that enjoy everyone's company and meeting fun and excited customers.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people, creating outfits
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
too much growth in too little time = no infrastructure
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2016
As a store manager, there was little if any support from corporate. My store had several managers within 3 years and ran without one for nearly a year. The concept is good, but having a large sales floor with payroll enough to support one or two associates made it impossible to service customers effectively and prevent theft.
Fun Environment
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CoAugust 1, 2016
This company is a nice one to work for if it's your fist job. It is a little hard to move up within the company. I've been here for 4 years so far and I have been here longer than everyone above me at this location. You are guaranteed 26 hours if you're a part of the management team but if you're a regular sales associate you can get anywhere between 8-26 hours.
Easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 16, 2016
Charming Charlie is a job for someone who's strictly looking for part time. Its a very fun and simple job. They are all about promoting from within the store. I've seen people move up and become managers within 3 months. The lack of hours during the week is a little frustrating but its a fun place to work.
Pros
Easy job, Promotions from within
Cons
Not enough hours
every employee are very nice and considerate
Style speacialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2016
The most enjoyable parts of working here are when i process shipment each week. Also I have a great time being a cashier. I like my hours. The hardest part of my job is standing long periods of time in shoes I normally don't wear. Every co-workers i have had a pleasure working with are kind, caring about other co-workers feelings.
Pros
extra hours, cashering and getting to know my customers and finding out what they like
Cons
only part time
Charming Charlie
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 5, 2016
Typical day at work, complete all morning paperwork as well as time attendance, recruiting, conference calls, and changing any new displays. Hardest part of my job would be climbing on very tall ladders to change light bulbs. Most enjoyable would be floor sets, changing wall displays every few days and coaching my employees.
A very known hated job.
Charmer (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 11, 2016
Working here is fun, but if you're part time then there are no hours and no room for growth. You're gonna face a lot of drama and rudeness. CC doesn't offer full time other than management which is a major con. No hours at all. Maybe 4-12 a week. A LOT of on call shifts which is pointless because they don't use them. This is a side job, nothing serious. I wouldn't recommend this to people who like stability. It's horrible, don't fall for the "fun environment". Management gossips way too much about employees and pick favorites on who to open/close, etc. A small mistake such as leaving a bag hanging loss on a table will literally have you embarrassed in front of the whole team. The company doesn't care about their teams, it's a place where negative energy overtakes the joy in working there
Pros
Discount, helping others
Cons
No hours, drama, management
I like my coworkers and enjoy what I do.
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy my manager and coworkers that make the job easy to come to daily. I enjoy helping and resolving associates concerns and issues that they may have.
Pros
My coworkers and manger.
Cons
There is no room for growth, the salary is not competitive, and there is no money available for educational growth.
not good to employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 25, 2016
this was a brand new store that employees were tasked with fully merchandising. the management was poor, and I felt discriminated against for my disability. I had retail and register experience in my work history, and I was left as a greeter and merchandising because I was told due to left side weakness I was too slow to use the register..
Environment was OK, management wasn't on top of the hours, and pay was not on time
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Friendswood, TXAugust 16, 2016
I had been working for the company for a week, did not receive my first paycheck, had to wait two weeks for my first check then it was not accurate. Store manager quit and new manager was informed of any changes or what employees where having pay issues.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 27, 2016
Working for this company was all about the customers and I loved it! Though they started me off at minimum wage and didn't give out much hours, i can say i truly enjoyed helping customers pick out jewelry for their special occasions or simply for every day looks.
Management was great and so were the associates.
Fun and a very happy place to work.
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Charming Charlie. I love working there. Like many retail positions, you don't get many hours per week. I learned so much about selling and retail in my time there, whilst learning many other productive skills, such as visuals. It's a great place to work overall.
Great start to build sales experience
Part Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work for a Sales Associate involves meeting with Staff before you start your shift, and learning about the sales goals for the day and what your job responsibilities will be.

greeting customers and helping each customer find their perfect accessory.

Handling customer inquires and complaints.

Operating cash register

Restocking merchandise and maintaining store.

Hardest part of the job is always keeping your self proactive even on your down time.

your coworker and clients are going to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Coworkers, clients, and enviroment
Cons
Keep your self busy even during down time
I absolutely love working here!
style specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 8, 2016
One of my favorite places to work as long as you're a hard worker and love customer service. Sometimes the customers aren't the best but unfortunately that happens a lot if you work in retail or food. But as long as you try and kill people with kindness it will be great to work there
Pros
$9 an hour
Cons
only part time
Bad Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 16, 2016
Charming Charlie is a retail store that is currently undergoing rapid growth. The Texas based company recently opened stores in New York City and Dubai. Although I did enjoy the sales portion of my position, I found that many of my responsibilities were left out of my job description. The position requires much more manual labor than I was lead to believe. The company also does not offer great benefits- for example employees are expected to work on holidays with no additional compensation.
Stylist and Consultant
Retail Associate - Stylist & Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 12, 2016
A company which has gone through many "growing pains", but began with a wonderful premise. My personal experience has been mostly positive and I find the work enjoyable, especially when dealing with clientele. I am very experienced in retail and a top stylist who can generate steady and large sales. If you are not seeking a management position, there is virtually no upward mobility. Good for part-time or temporary workers although I have been there almost from the start of our CC because they offer me flexible hours which allows me to continue my main profession without any conflict.
Exciting place to work w/ lots of fun activities
Store Systems Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to go into work everyday and sample the free coffee bar. Someone was always bringing in donuts or kolaches. Management seems very open to constructive criticism.
Pros
no time clock
Cons
located in Sharpstown
No organization
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 20, 2016
Are you still work for the company and they told me that I will be doing a certain position and yet I was doing other things besides the position I was hired for the pay was horrible the driver was an hour and 5 minutes long both ways the training was non-existent I didn't have a registered training I didn't have an alarm code I didn't have a set of keys to lock the store up I was never trained for opening or closing the store so I left and moved to another company that is willing to train and take their time they're trained and not rush my training because the district manager in Houston have got another position and he was going to be general manager so my training was rushed I still shop at the company I still love the company but I will never work for the company again and I prefer people to really do look and review companies before they apply
Pros
Good product
Cons
General manager or store manager lack of training
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate- Charmer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 25, 2016
Charmers stay busy with helping customers but the environment is always fun. You learn and stay up to date on the latest fashion trends.
Pros
Fun and friendly work environment, Co-workers are awesome, managers were great
Cons
Pay wasn't great, Hours were scarce

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9