Charming Charlie Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 19, 2016
Working at charming charlie was a vey fun experience my co-wrokers and managers were very nice I got along with everyone and enjoyed going into work each day. One of the hardest parts of the job was sorting and unpacking the shipment that would come in throughout the week. One of the most enjoyable parts of working for this company was helping each and every customer with any questions they may have had and giving them a reason to come back and shop with us.
Pros
free lunch most days
Cons
short breaks
fun work place
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAAugust 18, 2016
Super great company and amazing managers, The customers are always happy and very easy to work with ! I always go to work with a smile on my face and leave with one also.
Pros
Great company
Cons
discount
Easy place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palm Beach Gardens, FLAugust 16, 2016
Charming Charlie is a job for someone who's strictly looking for part time. Its a very fun and simple job. They are all about promoting from within the store. I've seen people move up and become managers within 3 months. The lack of hours during the week is a little frustrating but its a fun place to work.
Pros
Easy job, Promotions from within
Cons
Not enough hours
Best job I've had
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Granger, INAugust 11, 2016
I love working here! The people I work with are awesome! The management was a little shaky though. There was little to no communication between managers and that showed with almost everything we did. All of the associates get long exceptionally well, we all hang out and discuss things outside of work. We all our generally happy working here, but there is a lot of pressure on sales, more than any job I've worked before. It's all about leverage! It causes a lot of stress. We also have to make sure we get every customer's e-mail for reasons I'm still unsure about and if we don't get enough e-mails then we lose hours and that is confusing to me because I don't know how those two things correlate. Other than all that, it's a great place to work. It is my favorite place to work and I hope it gets less stressful soon. Also this year they aren't giving any raises and any part-time associate is only allowed to work 26 hours maximum. The only full-time employees are the managers and not all of them are full-time.
Pros
Awesome staff, good discount, nice pace, decent hours
Cons
no pay raises this year, leverage, e-mail capture, poor communication among managers
Fun and a very happy place to work.
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 9, 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Charming Charlie. I love working there. Like many retail positions, you don't get many hours per week. I learned so much about selling and retail in my time there, whilst learning many other productive skills, such as visuals. It's a great place to work overall.
my close team was exceptional bt upper managment was lacking
Retail Store Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 7, 2016
I learned a lot at charming Charlie and especially from my co-workers but upper management seemed unaware of the job requirements and what people actually did in their positions.
Charming Charlie
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 5, 2016
Typical day at work, complete all morning paperwork as well as time attendance, recruiting, conference calls, and changing any new displays. Hardest part of my job would be climbing on very tall ladders to change light bulbs. Most enjoyable would be floor sets, changing wall displays every few days and coaching my employees.
Exciting place to work w/ lots of fun activities
Store Systems Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2016
It was a pleasure to go into work everyday and sample the free coffee bar. Someone was always bringing in donuts or kolaches. Management seems very open to constructive criticism.
Pros
no time clock
Cons
located in Sharpstown
New Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 5, 2016
handling transactions, placing shipment, customer service, hardest part was working with all the trends that you have to keep up with
Exceptional customer service focus with great supportive staff.
General Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Farmington, UTAugust 1, 2016
Deliver customer experience while still maintaining visual merchandising and product strategies, recruiting,developing staff,driving business through reports and measurements, and scheduling.

Building a high performing team develops the leaders to become next level in their careers and supports the GSM in daily work tasks.

Upper level DM support is exceptional, always willing to help growth and development of GM and further the rest of the GM's staff.

Work-life balance would be the hardest part of my job. With the never-ending amount of daily tasks and responsibilities there comes a time where what you think is enough, isn't enough and with me be an over achiever there is not enough payroll hours given, nor in the day that I am able to succeed and be happy with the accomplishments.

The customer experience is the most enjoyable part of my job. Helping individuals feel better and make a difference in their day, even if that difference is finding them the perfect outfit. I know that my personal skills and love for people has made me enjoy working in this atmosphere.
Pros
Benefits, support, customer experience driven
Cons
Task needed to payroll given, work/life balance
Fun Environment
Part-time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, CoAugust 1, 2016
This company is a nice one to work for if it's your fist job. It is a little hard to move up within the company. I've been here for 4 years so far and I have been here longer than everyone above me at this location. You are guaranteed 26 hours if you're a part of the management team but if you're a regular sales associate you can get anywhere between 8-26 hours.
I like my coworkers and enjoy what I do.
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2016
I enjoy my manager and coworkers that make the job easy to come to daily. I enjoy helping and resolving associates concerns and issues that they may have.
Pros
My coworkers and manger.
Cons
There is no room for growth, the salary is not competitive, and there is no money available for educational growth.
Fun atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 27, 2016
Working for this company was all about the customers and I loved it! Though they started me off at minimum wage and didn't give out much hours, i can say i truly enjoyed helping customers pick out jewelry for their special occasions or simply for every day looks.
Management was great and so were the associates.
too much growth in too little time = no infrastructure
General Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 26, 2016
As a store manager, there was little if any support from corporate. My store had several managers within 3 years and ran without one for nearly a year. The concept is good, but having a large sales floor with payroll enough to support one or two associates made it impossible to service customers effectively and prevent theft.
Fun Work Environment
Sales Associate- Charmer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 25, 2016
Charmers stay busy with helping customers but the environment is always fun. You learn and stay up to date on the latest fashion trends.
Pros
Fun and friendly work environment, Co-workers are awesome, managers were great
Cons
Pay wasn't great, Hours were scarce
Fun and Productive Work Environment
Assistant Store Manager/ CRM Lead (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 12, 2016
A typical day at work would consist of helping customers feel fabulous and comfortable in whatever style they choose! In this company, I learn to listen to others, be a leader and a team player, and be committed and empowered by others and myself! I absolutely love my management team and the style specialist who work really hard in making this company what it is today. The hardest part of my job is visuals and marketing. Visuals and marketing is imperative in building our key performance indicators and selling. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with people that enjoy everyone's company and meeting fun and excited customers.
Pros
Meeting a variety of people, creating outfits
Cons
Not a lot of benefits
Fun Retail Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJuly 6, 2016
Charming Charlie was full of advancement opposites for those within the company who worked hard and demonstrated dedication to their job.
Great co-workers
Sales Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78757July 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the managers there. They really know how to sell their stuff and who to sell it to. Great music they play there.
not good to employees
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 25, 2016
this was a brand new store that employees were tasked with fully merchandising. the management was poor, and I felt discriminated against for my disability. I had retail and register experience in my work history, and I was left as a greeter and merchandising because I was told due to left side weakness I was too slow to use the register..
No organization
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 20, 2016
Are you still work for the company and they told me that I will be doing a certain position and yet I was doing other things besides the position I was hired for the pay was horrible the driver was an hour and 5 minutes long both ways the training was non-existent I didn't have a registered training I didn't have an alarm code I didn't have a set of keys to lock the store up I was never trained for opening or closing the store so I left and moved to another company that is willing to train and take their time they're trained and not rush my training because the district manager in Houston have got another position and he was going to be general manager so my training was rushed I still shop at the company I still love the company but I will never work for the company again and I prefer people to really do look and review companies before they apply
Pros
Good product
Cons
General manager or store manager lack of training

2.8