Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

It was a job
SR. ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJuly 1, 2015
It was retail. It will make a great first job for some who wants to be a retail manager! If, you have common sense and KNOW how a company should function....this place will only frustrate you!
Great Working Environment
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Everything!!!
Cons: Lack of hours for part time associates
Working for Charming Charlie is definitely a FUN and FABULOUS experience. The environment is very comfortable and personable! Would definitely recommend!
Positive work environment, growth opportunities
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 27, 2015
After working for Charming Charlie for 6 months, I had been promoted to Visual Lead was trained in daily read reports, handled walk throughs with district managers, and was responsible for inventory management. There were some problems with management but when I brought this to my superior's attention it was quickly handled.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJune 22, 2015
Charming Charlie is a fun and lively environment for customers to shop in. I enjoyed working with other individuals who shared my interests in customer relations.
Fun and upbeat place to work, female consumer driven
Stock Lead /Visual Expert (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: None of the merchandise was targeted towards men
A typical day at work included processing shipment and/or running the cash register. I learned how to build fixtures, create merchandise flow, work the cash register, pair and sell outfitting, create displays, submit damaged merchandise via standard operating procedure, and provide memorable and specific consultations resulting in increased profit. Management was amiable and made me feel valuable. My co-workers varied in age, but were almost exclusively women. The hardest part of my job was completing the shipment process in a very limited amount of time, but we did it! The most enjoyable part of my job was setting up displays and interacting with customers.
Not the worst job in the world
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 17, 2015
Paid minimum wage
Standing for long periods of time
Dealing with rude customers/ coworkers
You feel good by helping other women look/feel good about themselves.
Even though working here will definitely test your patience, a few customers will make the difference between you hating/loving your job.
Wonderful place to work!
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), IndianaJune 13, 2015
It was a fun salon with wonderful leadership. Many good memories and down to earth employees! Beautiful atmosphere with a lot of fun amenities.
horrible atmosphere, rude employees.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJune 12, 2015
I'm not the only one who gotten what seems to like unfair treatment from the management team. You basically have to kiss someone's butt to get hours. There's no room to grow at all. Managers are rude and treat you like a child. Hard work isn't notice when it comes to interacting with our customers.
not so fun
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no breaks no hours
Co-workers friendly ladies
time never moved
Management never listen to anybody's advise
Pressuring people to buy jeweler
Fun and colorful store with great customers and coworkers.
Sales Associate in Sugar Land (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Laid back and relaxed management.
Cons: None
Exciting pace at work with shift from tasks and zones of the store. The eclectic selection of clothing and accessories was the most exciting part of the job.
Fun and entertaining, "girly" retail experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 7, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my time as a manager at Charming Charlie.
I worked in the largest store in my district, so it was much higher volume than the typical "boutique" style they tend to have.

Lots and lots of merchandise to deal with. By far the worst part of the job was not having a team that pushed the merchandise over night, which meant we were responsible for it during regular business hours. I felt this distraction was constantly compromising customer service.

The job allows for a lot of fun and creativity. If you're interested in fashion, merchandising, etc. you would probably find aspects of this job enjoyable, however, it's important to remember that it is still a retail position and maintains those challenges.

I was very lucky in being hired in as a manager, but I did not see too much opportunity for regular sales associates or current management to move into corporate level jobs.
Awesome Company!
Charmer (Former Employee), Rockwall TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Fun and exciting to create new storied in the merchandising!
Cons: Made minimum wage
Very creative fun people to work with! Always merchandising and creating new sections of the store in colors and stories. Fun people to work with and even more fun customers. When customers walk in the Charming Charlie they just laugh! It is sensory over load!! I loved working there!
Fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 2, 2015
Pros: always get breaks
Cons: not enough hours
The co-workers are great! A typical day at work would be telling customers about our deals and what would look good with an article of clothing that they own. Weekends are always the busiest.
Work place offers career development
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Destin, FLMay 29, 2015
This is the most motivated retail culture I have ever experienced. The work environment is fast paced and challenges you daily.
Great company
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 27, 2015
Great company to work for. Works well with school schedules. Great hours, very thorough on training. Fun environment. Great management.
fun job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Macon, GAMay 27, 2015
This is a fun job. The management is nice. Pay is minimum wage however. Not enough hours. The clothes and jewelry are very nice, and you get discounts for working there. It is always busy and fast paced. You work hard for what you do.
Good work place
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMay 25, 2015
Customers love the store and I loved talking to them about the things they liked such as necklaces, bracelets, etc. You get a 30 min lunch break. Work day includes: Cashier. Greeting customers and telling them about sales, etc. Cleaning up here and there. Folding clothes and organizing merchandise. Overall it was a friendly environment and I enjoyed it
Working with range of age groups
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Morrisville, NCMay 22, 2015
Pros: Merchandising development
Cons: Working the holidays/weekends
Training young adults
Developed strengthen in merchandising
Learning to please unfriendly customers
Merchandising is my favorite
Great environment with fun employees.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Orem, UTMay 15, 2015
Pros: Fun, easy to learn.
Cons: Pay is low.
Busy work environment. Greeting all customers let them know about our promotions going on. Ring up in timely manner.

Management is very understanding about hours and concerns. They are comfortable to be around and easy to understand.

Friendly coworkers, never any drama.

Hardest part would be making the sales goals on slow days.

The best part is the fun environment at work. You never feel pushed or stressed out.
Great management and staff but hard work doesn't always pay off
❸ Greeting and assisting customers (Former Employee), The woodlands, TXMay 11, 2015
Pros: great management, great staff, productivity, fun merchandise, get to show off creativity
Cons: low pay, odd hours, strict on order/arrangements
A typical day at Charming Charlies begins with a review of the newest styles and trends and a manager testing you on the know how. Great for boosting confidence in charmers selling and keeps them on their toes. After you are deemed ready you're sent in to assist guests with shopping choices and questions and keep the store looking neat and tidy. Everyone is kept pretty busy, and the store I worked at in particular was careful at choosing their staff, so everyone got along. Management was great and always supportive. Sadly my time working there I watched as numbers were more important than customers and corporate was pushing the store and its loyal staff to its limits with constant changes and unrelenting criticism. I watched as a lot of staff came and left, and eventually as much as I loved the store for what it had been the pay was not enough to keep me going.

1 2 3 4 5

About Charming Charlie

COMPANY It’s time for a FABULOUS career! charming charlie, the award-winning fashion accessories retailer, is the one-of-a-kind – Read more

Charming Charlie Salaries

$13.00 per hour

Charming Charlie Photos

Charming Charlie Store
Mad. Rag
Fall 2013 Visual Merchandising (created by me)