Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

fun enviornment
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 12, 2016
A great company to work for. Always learning current fashion trends. Monthly bonus plans when sales goals are met. Daily support for management and DMs.
They were always picking favorites, walking on eggshells
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington, UTFebruary 10, 2016
A typical day of work, it was grabbing my head set, looking at the days goals and walking on egg shells around one specific boss who had never liked me from the beginning. Management was poor and they always picked favorites. The hardest part of the job was making the goal sales that you needed to make within the hour. The most enjoying part about the job is getting to make women feel beautiful from the moment that they walked in the door. I learned that no matter the situation, always be nice, remain with a smile, and act professional. No matter what always give your all.
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Negative atmosphere
Productive,Fun,Fast Pace
Charmer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work and would not look for another job but need more hours. Great employee's and management . I love working with customer's getting them new outfits and great deals!
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Great place to work! The management was encouraging and challenged me to come out of my shell and push sales while being respectful of customers' budget and needs.
Bad Ethics
Senior ASM (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Environment is very Chaotic. Company claims is still a growing business. wasn't very organized and business and payroll plan weren't structured. Was very disappointed in moving to this company. The best part of the job was getting to know all the great associates. The worse was the Store manager giving herself 45+ hours while taking from associates and giving them 6 hours a week.
Pros
Fun product
Cons
HR and Management need more training
Very Organized and well put together
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I love Charming Charlie, Its very well organized and put together and everything is color coordinated.. everything has a story in the store. Its a very upbeat environment and I love the managers and employees that work there, very helpful and friendly. I also love how they have the Charm Club Rewards program, for every 100 dollars you spend they send u a 5 dollar reward to you email, they also send coupons to your email as well, and instead of having only 30 days to do an exchange or return you get a full year if you are a Charm club member.
Working with customers
Charmer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 21, 2016
Greeting and helping customers find what they need. Process exchanges and refunds. Made sure the customers had a good experience in the store and enjoyed the products they purchased.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 18, 2016
I thought I would enjoy the job, it's fast paced and fashion forward. You have to come in wearing fashionable clothes and a set minimum of different jewelry (i.e. necklaces = 1, scarf = 1, bracelets/watches = 1, rings = 1, and so on), I don't remember our set minimum but we were definitely full on bling. The job itself is so-so, as I said fast paced with reasonably friendly customers more often than not. BUT, you are expected to sell to customers and I was asked by my manager to place items in customer's baskets and with their clothes in the dressing rooms with or WITHOUT their permission (very pushy) and there is absolutely no commission with this job. Perhaps my pushy manager was the reason for me not enjoying this job, but it was not a pleasant experience. Also, you will be expected to stay overnight for price changes/store changes/inventory counts/etc and do not be surprised if you stay until 2 a.m. getting this done and still have to come in first thing the next morning.
Pros
cute store, forced to be fashion forward
Cons
long nights for inventory etc, pressure without commission, no real benefits or major discounts worth anything
fun workplace and fast paced
Retail Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PAJanuary 17, 2016
Very fast paced and busy. i learned to have patience and how to work in a fast paced environment .Co--worker were polite and helpful. Management was very professional and friendly. The hardest part about this job was trying to handle the huge crowds of the amusement park. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers satisfied about wining or playing.
Productive work space
Account Payable Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Nice and friendly working environment, the management was very nice and fair. it was challenging due to the work load but a challenge is good.
Overall great place for college student
Sales Representative & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 13, 2016
Very strict dress code but other than that very fun place to work. They are good about scheduling around other jobs or activities. Lots of incentives for sales, always good employee discounts too. Great for college kid or someone in high school.
Pros
Incentives and employee discounts
Cons
Strict dress code
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 6, 2016
This job is enjoyable as long as you love helping people. The pay is terrible. This job should be open to students in high school.
Fast Paste
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 5, 2016
Fun place to work, nice people, customers were nice, productive, the recovery was not to bad, different races working together
Pros
25% discounts
Cons
did not have a lunch break
Fun place
PT Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 15, 2015
Management is great ! Fun place with fun customers . Schedule is flexible and done on time would recommend to work there .
Pros
Fun, beautiful jewelry, great management
Cons
30 min. Lunch
A nightmare of a work environment
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 7, 2015
avoid the company at all cost. not only do they not value their employees at all, the work is almost degrading. The employee benefits are depressing and what they consider "benefits is a joke. For example, forcing employees to sell for a "prize" of a $5 scarf....
Pros
working in a fun environment
Cons
no break, no flexibility, back-breaking work, unequal workload division, poor management
Fun job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PADecember 3, 2015
Pay isnt great, was lucky if i got any hours. Other then that job is fun. Coworkers are great. Its hard not to shop while your working. But it definitely is a good experience.
Pros
Coworkers, flexibility
Cons
Pay
great company to work for fun atmosphere
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 30, 2015
I worked shortly for this company. I helped open the Spartanburg, South Carolina store and it was no small feat! We had to place all fixtures to display all items, to remove all sales items from packaging and we also had to merchandise everything too. I enjoyed working with a younger group of ladies but my favorite part was definitely merchandising the items. Knowing how I placed the items would allow for customers to see our best. The company sells mostly jewelry, clothes, handbags anything that you could consider an accessory for a woman's outfit for the day. The best part for especially teenagers and even the working woman is the price. You can come into the store and spend $100 and come out with probably over 20 or more items to accessorize any outfit. I also interviewed for a management position that I didn't advance to but was considered.
Pros
Great company! Over the top store manager!
Cons
Working with younger ladies made it difficult at times to deal with occassional bad attitudes.
Fast paced, fun cultured company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 17, 2015
Working in retail and enjoying it all depends on who you work under and with. I had a bad experience here there was a lot of talking behind peoples backs in upper management and it was not enjoyable for at all. I am one of those people that can take constructive criticism well but if you don't want to tell me what I need to fix and just want to complain about it to my co-workers than I cannot work under that.
Pros
Fast paced and fun customers
Cons
Management does not appreciate you
productive and fun workplace
customer experience lead (Current Employee) –  Forsyth, GANovember 4, 2015
Each and everyday is about the guest. We get to hang out with our guest and play dress up each day. Its all about style building and ensuring everyone leaves feeling awesome.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2015
A typical day at work would include me helping customers find exactly what they come in for and if there isn't anything specific I notify them of the current promotions. I also would be working at the registrar as needed. My managers are always there to help whenever I need assistance. They also provide me with tasks to do between customers. Though I might have a hard time with not always having what the customers are looking for, I enjoy passing on a smile to every customer I encounter.