Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

I love this place!
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Best company I've ever worked for. Fast paced, dynamic and collaborative. You have to have a start up state of mind to be successful here. You will get to learn a lot in a short amount of time!
It's okay
Sales associate for accessories (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 15, 2017
The environment is very sales driven and the employers didn't seem to care too much about anything except for making money. You had to read this sheet of paper and if you messed up, it was required that you had to start over. Totally lame.
Pros
Discounts
Worst Job Ever
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDAugust 14, 2017
I had the absolute worst experience at Charming Charlie's. I got sick and they cut my hours down. They also cut my hours because I wasn't doing something correctly but they never told me so I could fix it. They would only schedule me one day a week and it was a 4 hour shift then send me home 2 hours early.
Cons
The most enjoyable part of the job...
Merchandise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 14, 2017
I loved working for Charming Charlie! I very much enjoyed organizing all of the accessories by color. It definitely suited my OCD needs! Being able to help our customers was also very enjoyable as well!
Pros
Lots of fun accessories
Cons
Weird work hours
Very organized and professional working environment
Styles Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXAugust 12, 2017
While working for Charming Charlie, I gained so much knowledge about retail. I really enjoyed the working environment and helping the customers. On a typical day, a customer would come in, needing help putting together an outfit or simply finding accessories to help compliment a look. As a styles, specialist it was my duty to assist the customer in whatever needs they may have. This was hands down my favorite part of the job. and was also the hardest. Every customer is different, has different taste in styles, the required patience and willingness to go out of my way to complete the task. Overall, working for the company was to my pleasure!
Pros
styling customers, building relationships, fashion trends
Cons
short breaks, can be difficult at times
boring
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 10, 2017
boring job, unprofessional workers. mediocre pay, okay benefits. not enough payroll. only for management. district managers prejudice to other races. j
All girl environment
Stylist/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  National City, CAAugust 10, 2017
I had an amazing start to my job, however when undergoing new management everything turned upside-down. My hours, as well as two ladies that got hired around my time, got cut because management went around us to bump up one of our new stylists for a position we were never told was open.
Pros
Gained experience
They Try but its not enough
lead (Current Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 7, 2017
Classic example of everybody out for them selves, no team work. They claim to be for "Her", but turn around and sells clothes to Saudi Arabia. They try...but not very hard
Fun and friendly place to work
Sales/ "Charmer" (Former Employee) –  Covington, LAAugust 7, 2017
Charming Charlie was a 10 in my book. This company is always updating its fashion and staying fun. I loved all of my managers at both locations that I was employed at. If I had the chance I would work for this company again.
Pros
Discount
Cons
low pay
sales accociate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2017
a typical work day is a good day greeting customers and cleaning the floor or making sales. talking to customers about sales or helping with some items. sometimes there shipment to do in the back and the later put it on the floor. there many nice customers .
Pros
discounts on items
Mediocre Job
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 5, 2017
Working for Charming Charlies had to be the worst job experience I had in any job. The company only hires part time sales people and that is fine. However, the company wants you to bend over and break your back and they offer you the same LOW pay with NO chance of commission. Flat out, the company does not care at all about their employees which is sad because one knows that to have good employees you, in turn, should be a good employer. DO NOT WORK HERE. It is not worth it at all. Long hours, sometimes management would not offer breaks because it was "too" busy.
floor associate
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIAugust 3, 2017
sometimes the job was very busy during g holidays they want you to greet everyone and if they appear to be just mulling around to long you have to approach them and ask do they need help I guess it deters shoplifters
but it doesn't
They listen to their employees
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
Always busy doing something and they definitely listen to their employees! This is a fulfilling place to work with great people. Younger business not afraid to test what works.
Fun and high energy
Temporary Key Holder/Charmer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 31, 2017
The management team always made it engaging and fun to come to work. They taught us best practices in terms of adding on, creating sales, and customer service.
Energetic work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NYJuly 31, 2017
It was a pleasure serving the local community at the Charming Charlie in Monroe, NY. Part of my passion is fashion, beauty, art and making people feel amazing through those mediums.
Collaborative, open minded fun work environment
Vice President, Store Operations (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 28, 2017
Team oriented, very collaborative workplace culture. Process driven and goal focused group of people. The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching across functional areas to collaborate.
Depends on your manager
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  MIJuly 28, 2017
If you have a good store manager (and I do), it's great. You style customers, ring people up, stock. The customers are mostly fun. There is a good core team at my store and we do work hard but we also have fun together while working. The product line seems to be expanding and some of it isn't so good, but the basic products are inexpensive and look good and the customers love the store.
Pros
Quarterly associate discount
Cons
Few hours, some cheap customers
Friendly workplace and fun environment
Assistant Manager/Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 25, 2017
I'll keep it short cause I could go on for days about how much I love his job. I've been with the company for more than 2 years. I did leave for a bit because another opportunity came up but quickly came back when I was approached about management. I love everyone I have worked with and have made connections I wouldn't have made anywhere else. The company cares about you and is so fun to work for! Highly reccomend working here part time or full time!
very fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 25, 2017
the customers are always so nice, the only thing i didnt like was bothering people and asking if they need help every 5 minutes so i didnt get in trouble.
Pros
funn
Cons
dont make alot
SO fun!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 24, 2017
I worked here going through college and it was a blast! Who doesn't want to be someones shopping partner and get paid for it? After getting my degree I would definitely go back for management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9