Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Easy Place to Work but Horrible Management and Co-Workers
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHDecember 6, 2016
Don't work here unless you're a caddy person. Everyone is in a tight clique and no one wants to let you in. On top of that, they'll talk about you behind your back. Typically, the work was fun and helping customers was never an issue. Cash register was easy to learn and so was stocking the jewelry. Like I said, the management is horrible ever since a certain someone switched stores. The pay is also horrible, but that was expected while working a retail job.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Short breaks, Caddy Co-workers, even Caddier boss
This is a very positive work environment
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 5, 2016
A typical day at Charming Charlie includes assisting customers to help find accessories to match outfits for a certain occasions. We also have to make sure everything in the store looks nice and is recovered. Lastly, constantly using the register to check out customers. I've learned to work well with a team and my customer service skills has also improved. The managers take the time to actually get to know the Charmers and respects our availability. I feel comfortable with talking to my managers. All of my co-workers are a thrill to work with. Everyone is always happy and willing to work. The hardest part of the job would be the lack of hours given. The most enjoyable part would be making the customers happy with the perfect accessories for their outfits or gifts.
Pros
working with such happy people
Cons
the lack of hours given
Fun place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Alameda, CADecember 5, 2016
I enjoy working here however there is a lot of turn around, I feel that maybe more training is needed.
greeting customer is key we focus on that which is very important,

its part-time so you work about four shift a day.
Pros
Fun new items learn new things interacting with people
Cons
paid should be more, sick paid and time off for part-time to
This is only for high school students and kids who do not pay bills
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 1, 2016
This job is only for high school students, and people who do not have any kids. Unless you are management. Schedule was inconsistent. I believe the company is very greedy. They only give their sales associates one shift a week. You don't get very far in this job.... you could stay a sales associate for 3-5 years and not get promoted. Glad I left.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Schedules, favoritism, hard floors, no hours
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 14, 2016
It is a fun place to work. The hardest part is that it is retail and the hours aren't the best. I have learned a lot on leveraging business with this company.
Girly place with lots to do!
Charmer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 9, 2016
I enjoyed interacting with all the customers that would come in and helping assist their needs.
Managment is okay, you can tell their is favoritism throughout the store.
Friendly and fun environment
Style Specialist (Sales Associate) (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNNovember 8, 2016
Each day working at Charming Charlie was enjoyable. Once you begin your shift, you're told exactly what to do, what the promotions and sales are, and where in the store you're assigned. Throughout your shift, the main goal is to keep the customers happy and to sell as much as you can to keep the conversion rate up.

I enjoyed the customers and interactions I had with them most.
Productive and fun workplace with excellent staff.
ASSISTANT SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDNovember 6, 2016
Charming Charlie is a joy to work for. This company is full of upbeat and friendly personnel and exciting new merchandise.
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 4, 2016
Everything is organized and well maintained.Teamwork. Customer experience is great. Associates enjoy the working environment. Managers are flexible.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
less pay
First real job
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CONovember 1, 2016
While working and going to school Charming Charlie made it easy to juggle both atmospheres. Even though the Christmas season was challenging, it was a great place to work
Stressful Supervisor and easy work load
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Plainville, CTOctober 31, 2016
My experience working with Charming Charlie was a successful yet stressful one. I am the co-manager at the Plainville, CT location. I have been there for all the turn overs in General Store Managers. I even ran the store for two months on my own. The District Manager at the time chose to put her friend in place of GSM. Since this time we have 100% turn over rate in our style specialist. I have been picking up the pieces hiring new staff who ultimately quit due to being disrespected and lack of stability.

I have learned leverage in sales vs traffic as well as leverage in merchandise vs traffic.

The new District Manager is such a sweet heart but I think she lacks the support from HR to make a change with the current GSM. She seems invested in creating a much better work environment but I haven't seen any progress.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring everything is up to company standards because the GSM makes his own rules and does things his own way. I'm consistently back peddling and redoing his work playing damage control.

The most enjoyable part of my job is developing my staff, merchandising, assisting customers and driving results.
Fun and friendly environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 19, 2016
I honestly love working for charming Charlie it taught me patience and how to connect with people. I appreciate all my managers and how they have helped me grow as an employee and a person. my co workers and I are great with group task and get along very well. The hardest part of the job is it being retail and all the repetitive task that come along with it. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customer satisfaction we receive. It shows we are working hard and can get things done.
Pros
Discounts!
Cons
short breaks
Horrible place to work
Style Specialist/Part Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAOctober 19, 2016
Management always gossip about style specialists. Racial discrimination from management team is a huge issue. They are very disrespectful. Management always has favorites. The management team also lacks communication. This was an opportunity for a side job and it was horrible. Never shopping or working there again. I would never recommend this job to anyone. You also get little to no hours unless you are a manager
Pros
Cons
Little to no Hours, management is horrible, discrimination
I would not suggest it.
Team member (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 17, 2016
I worked here for all of two months in that the store manager would not work with my school schedule and would get upset with me for it you don't get very many hours but the work load isn't all that hard if the store was under different management then I would have stayed but that was a bit to crazy for me.
Pros
Easy work load, Fun shopping environment.
Cons
Does not work with schedule, you will be on your feet a lot.
Great Opportunity to Grow
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 4, 2016
I enjoy working for Charming Charlie because the environment is fun and energetic. My co-workers are awesome and friendly. A typical day at work involves engaging with customers making sure she has a comfortable and fun shopping experience.
productive & fun work enviornment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILSeptember 29, 2016
What I enjoyed most about Charming Charlie, was that I learned a lot about retail. I learned about various styles and the latest trends, how to sell, up-sell and find the best ways to solve customer needs while providing excellent and efficient customer service.
Pros
opportunity to obtain knowledge of retail
Cons
insufficient amount of breaks
Likable working place, surrounded by beautiful jewelry.
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2016
Charming Charlie was a great job. I left for school but ended up back at home due to tuition. A typical day at work consisted of helping customers find what they were looking for, customer check out, customer service, cleaning up, re-stalking the floor, and making sure customers had the best experience. I learned how to work a cash register, work with others in a professional setting, and how to better understand individual customer needs. Management was fine and so were co-workers.The hardest part of my job was dealing with rude customers but i also understand that it comes with the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to know people from all over the world.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and good environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 27, 2016
Hours are extremely flexible. As a sales associate there are no benefits. Hours are very tricky and sometimes favoritism happens. The team that is there is very happy and outgoing.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 26, 2016
a typical day at Charming Charlie consisted of organizing apparel, jewelry, and other accessories by their color. For instance, if a customer walks into the store and ask where they can find a particular color, I can lead them to that color right away because of how the store is set us. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be setting the floor set and organizing everything by its color before actually making it available to the customers. My co-workers were awesome! The management was fine and just by being an employee there I learned that if you set things up by color it makes not only the employees job easier but it also helps the customer in many ways.
Wonderful company with amazing staff
Sales (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 23, 2016
I absolutely loved working here. Not only did I get to exercise my customer service skills, I also got to work with cute accessories. With a wonderful management, they made going to work so much fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9