Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Charmed to meet you!
Charmer (Current Employee), Happy Valley, ORJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible, great team, great company to work for
Cons: Short shifts and no full time
I have the best team at Charming Charlie with a management team that really care about me and my co workers. It can get pretty busy at work but I always enjoy each day that I am working.
Nice place to work, very laid back.
Team-member (Hourly) (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIJuly 25, 2015
It's a good place to work. Usually go in, get all your gear on, and basically be a personal assistant to the customers. Co-workers and managers are very nice and pleasant. The only thing is that it can get slightly slow sometimes, so a bit boring. It is very fun and teaches you great customer service skills and pushes you to reach your goals.
Hours are not always promised
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Houma, LAJuly 22, 2015
I was hired as a part-time associate, and was told that I would get 20-30 hours per weeks. I usually only receive 8-12 hours.
fun store with poor management
Sales Representative (Former Employee), marietta, GAJuly 21, 2015
No hours, poor management who most of the time was unwilling to help. Our store manager was selfish and unapproachable.
Fast paced work environment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits and Staff
Cons: Rapid Growth and ever changing corporate structure
The environment is fun and friendly. I learned a great deal at this job as well as skills to help me succeed in my future endeavors. The management team was engaged and merely lacked the tools to help improve the work environment. The staff was friendly and always a pleasure to work with. The most difficult part of the job was the ever changing structure of the departments. Working for a company in high growth was the most enjoyable part of being part of that team.
Best Part time job
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee), Erie, PAJuly 17, 2015
Cons: non
The management team at this store was always very encouraging and made our jobs fun. We did have a sales quota to meet everday, but it never felt like it was the most important thing. The other team mates that they hired we all genuine and rumors or talking about the other employees were not tolerated.
Fun environment but corporate could improve their standards.
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Estero, FLJuly 17, 2015
I enjoyed most aspects of working for Charming Charlie, but they don't have good values for their employees. The turnover rate is very low and people don't stay there for very long.
ok job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 16, 2015
short hours, but good company. fun place to work lots of great products. the hours were very shorts for working there the holidays. love what i did and love the co-workers
It was a job
SR. ASSISTANT MANAGER (Current Employee), Deptford, NJJuly 1, 2015
It was retail. It will make a great first job for some who wants to be a retail manager! If, you have common sense and KNOW how a company should function....this place will only frustrate you!
Great Working Environment
Part Time Sales Manager (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Everything!!!
Cons: Lack of hours for part time associates
Working for Charming Charlie is definitely a FUN and FABULOUS experience. The environment is very comfortable and personable! Would definitely recommend!
Positive work environment, growth opportunities
Visual Manager (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 27, 2015
After working for Charming Charlie for 6 months, I had been promoted to Visual Lead was trained in daily read reports, handled walk throughs with district managers, and was responsible for inventory management. There were some problems with management but when I brought this to my superior's attention it was quickly handled.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNJune 22, 2015
Charming Charlie is a fun and lively environment for customers to shop in. I enjoyed working with other individuals who shared my interests in customer relations.
Fun and upbeat place to work, female consumer driven
Stock Lead /Visual Expert (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 18, 2015
Pros: Fun work environment
Cons: None of the merchandise was targeted towards men
A typical day at work included processing shipment and/or running the cash register. I learned how to build fixtures, create merchandise flow, work the cash register, pair and sell outfitting, create displays, submit damaged merchandise via standard operating procedure, and provide memorable and specific consultations resulting in increased profit. Management was amiable and made me feel valuable. My co-workers varied in age, but were almost exclusively women. The hardest part of my job was completing the shipment process in a very limited amount of time, but we did it! The most enjoyable part of my job was setting up displays and interacting with customers.
Not the worst job in the world
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLJune 17, 2015
Paid minimum wage
Standing for long periods of time
Dealing with rude customers/ coworkers
You feel good by helping other women look/feel good about themselves.
Even though working here will definitely test your patience, a few customers will make the difference between you hating/loving your job.
Wonderful place to work!
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), IndianaJune 13, 2015
It was a fun salon with wonderful leadership. Many good memories and down to earth employees! Beautiful atmosphere with a lot of fun amenities.
horrible atmosphere, rude employees.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee), Pearland, TXJune 12, 2015
I'm not the only one who gotten what seems to like unfair treatment from the management team. You basically have to kiss someone's butt to get hours. There's no room to grow at all. Managers are rude and treat you like a child. Hard work isn't notice when it comes to interacting with our customers.
not so fun
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Naples, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: no breaks no hours
Co-workers friendly ladies
time never moved
Management never listen to anybody's advise
Pressuring people to buy jeweler
Fun and colorful store with great customers and coworkers.
Sales Associate in Sugar Land (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 8, 2015
Pros: Laid back and relaxed management.
Cons: None
Exciting pace at work with shift from tasks and zones of the store. The eclectic selection of clothing and accessories was the most exciting part of the job.
Fun and entertaining, "girly" retail experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 7, 2015
Overall I enjoyed my time as a manager at Charming Charlie.
I worked in the largest store in my district, so it was much higher volume than the typical "boutique" style they tend to have.

Lots and lots of merchandise to deal with. By far the worst part of the job was not having a team that pushed the merchandise over night, which meant we were responsible for it during regular business hours. I felt this distraction was constantly compromising customer service.

The job allows for a lot of fun and creativity. If you're interested in fashion, merchandising, etc. you would probably find aspects of this job enjoyable, however, it's important to remember that it is still a retail position and maintains those challenges.

I was very lucky in being hired in as a manager, but I did not see too much opportunity for regular sales associates or current management to move into corporate level jobs.
Awesome Company!
Charmer (Former Employee), Rockwall TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Fun and exciting to create new storied in the merchandising!
Cons: Made minimum wage
Very creative fun people to work with! Always merchandising and creating new sections of the store in colors and stories. Fun people to work with and even more fun customers. When customers walk in the Charming Charlie they just laugh! It is sensory over load!! I loved working there!
Headquarters
Houston, TX
Employees
5,001 to 10,000
Industry
Links
Charming Charlie website
Linkedin
Watch our recruiting video!
We can shake it!