Charming Charlie Employee Reviews in United States

No organization
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasJune 20, 2016
Are you still work for the company and they told me that I will be doing a certain position and yet I was doing other things besides the position I was hired for the pay was horrible the driver was an hour and 5 minutes long both ways the training was non-existent I didn't have a registered training I didn't have an alarm code I didn't have a set of keys to lock the store up I was never trained for opening or closing the store so I left and moved to another company that is willing to train and take their time they're trained and not rush my training because the district manager in Houston have got another position and he was going to be general manager so my training was rushed I still shop at the company I still love the company but I will never work for the company again and I prefer people to really do look and review companies before they apply
Pros
Good product
Cons
General manager or store manager lack of training
Pretty great job for growth
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJune 19, 2016
They hire from within from what I heard all of management rave about. Only there for a few months, but it wasn't bad. Pretty good summer job.
Pros
Laid back, expectations for the day are clear
Review
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
Everyone was always a team. We helped each other out when was needed. Management always gave a hand when needed. I loved the location of it because it was in the galleria.
A very known hated job.
Charmer (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXJune 11, 2016
Working here is fun, but if you're part time then there are no hours and no room for growth. You're gonna face a lot of drama and rudeness. CC doesn't offer full time other than management which is a major con. No hours at all. Maybe 4-12 a week. A LOT of on call shifts which is pointless because they don't use them. This is a side job, nothing serious. I wouldn't recommend this to people who like stability. It's horrible, don't fall for the "fun environment". Management gossips way too much about employees and pick favorites on who to open/close, etc. A small mistake such as leaving a bag hanging loss on a table will literally have you embarrassed in front of the whole team. The company doesn't care about their teams, it's a place where negative energy overtakes the joy in working there
Pros
Discount, helping others
Cons
No hours, drama, management
I absolutely love working here!
style specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJune 8, 2016
One of my favorite places to work as long as you're a hard worker and love customer service. Sometimes the customers aren't the best but unfortunately that happens a lot if you work in retail or food. But as long as you try and kill people with kindness it will be great to work there
Pros
$9 an hour
Cons
only part time
Chill job with great management
style specialist I guide customers (Current Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 3, 2016
My day consists of guiding customers on building a fabulous outfit, providing visual flair for the sales floor, and resolving customer complaints.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
low pay!
Fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJune 2, 2016
Lot of visual changes in the sales floor.
Relaxing place to work.
Good and understanding.
Very friendly.
Customer Service on the floor and multitasking through lot of customers.
Very flexible.
every employee are very nice and considerate
Style speacialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 2, 2016
The most enjoyable parts of working here are when i process shipment each week. Also I have a great time being a cashier. I like my hours. The hardest part of my job is standing long periods of time in shoes I normally don't wear. Every co-workers i have had a pleasure working with are kind, caring about other co-workers feelings.
Pros
extra hours, cashering and getting to know my customers and finding out what they like
Cons
only part time
Best Job
Charmer- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 21, 2016
No matter what career I go to later in life, I will always remember charming Charlie. They had such great organization and it was a great company to work for.
Fun and Cute Jewelry
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Good part job time. My co-workers were cool and I usually enjoyed my shifts. Sometimes the management was shaky but the pay was decent for part time work.
Managers Can Be Catty, So Watch Out
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 13, 2016
When starting out, the job was great! Great atmosphere, awesome coworkers, positivity everywhere! However, two of the managers have recently been acting poorly, trying to screw employees out of hours, playing the favorites game, and not scheduling many employees (even those with great email %, those who are great at meeting ADS and items per transaction). This may just be my location, though. This location also schedules using "call-in"s, meaning that you're essentially schedule for a shift, so you have to keep that time open in your personal calendar. You call two hours before that shift starts, but if they don't need you, you don't go in, don't get paid, and thus lost 4 hours of planned time you cut out. The pay is okay for retail, but unless you're a favorite of the 2 managers all day every day in every minute, don't expect to be able to work towards a management position. The workplace environment used to be so friendly and fun between managers and stylists, and now, its like the high school in Mean Girls. Also, the employee discounts are awful, and customers often get a better deal because they get to use the coupons - employees can't.
Pros
okay compensation, not too many hours, works with class schedule
Cons
awful managers, little respect for hour needs or personal schedule, no good employee benefits
Poor Management
Charmer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 11, 2016
Typical work day:
- Greet customers in a timely and friendly manner
- 'Recover' the floor and stockrooms
- Provide input on accessories

The job was initially a fun job starting out, but then you get to know the managers and how things work.
- The managers are completely unprofessional. One goes out drinking with fellow co workers. The other parties and posts herself half naked constantly on social media.
~ They belittle you and create drama that should've been left back in high school.
~ They pick favorites. Not a favorite and you're wearing something outside of dress code? They'll punish you for it. If you're a favorite you could wear a clown suit and wouldn't say a word.

The Co-workers were great. Everyone tries to get along with each other and bring each other up without putting anyone down. Having a bad day? Everyone scheduled tries to cheer you up in any way they can.

The hardest part of the job was shipment and trying to make sure all the accessories and clothes came together as one.

The most enjoyable was unpacking shipment with your team members and making jokes in the back about a style they kept trying to repeat but clearly never worked out especially when you NEVER sold out of it. Another part was working with a different variety of people and helping the customer choose an outfit for an event they were going to that night.
Pros
Experienced a new culture and variety of people
Cons
Poor management. Little pay
it was a fun job, low pay unless full time management
Part Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 11, 2016
I love this job. It's fun and easy to do: greet customers, ring on the register, do role plays with managers, do shipment, markdowns, floorsets etc not hard at all. hate the policy that the customer is always right and that you can NEVER tell a customer no. even if they are violating policies,they are right...not smart at all...bad policy, customer satisfaction overrides the rules and it has caused a lot of customers to learn how to cheat the system ex: I know I dont have a receipt (could've even stolen the items) but if i start an arguument i can get free money back for the item even though i know the return policy is 30-days with tags and receipt with the item for a full refund. Also as a manager we have to do a lot and with the stores always changing, its hard to keep up with all that corporate and your district wants from you
Pros
incentives for doing well, fun, friendly
Cons
low pay, short shifts, no hours if youre part time
Fun, Energetic work enviroment
Human Resource Assistant/ Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 3, 2016
The opportunity to work for a company that started off small and has now surpassed a lot of expectations was great. Being around all the merchandise and fashion was a major plus.
Great start to build sales experience
Part Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work for a Sales Associate involves meeting with Staff before you start your shift, and learning about the sales goals for the day and what your job responsibilities will be.

greeting customers and helping each customer find their perfect accessory.

Handling customer inquires and complaints.

Operating cash register

Restocking merchandise and maintaining store.

Hardest part of the job is always keeping your self proactive even on your down time.

your coworker and clients are going to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Coworkers, clients, and enviroment
Cons
Keep your self busy even during down time
amazing place to work, but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAApril 24, 2016
being an employee here was amazing, the work environment was great, but the management is terrible. Working here felt like high school all over again.
Pros
discounts and store perks
Cons
pay-rate
Bad Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 16, 2016
Charming Charlie is a retail store that is currently undergoing rapid growth. The Texas based company recently opened stores in New York City and Dubai. Although I did enjoy the sales portion of my position, I found that many of my responsibilities were left out of my job description. The position requires much more manual labor than I was lead to believe. The company also does not offer great benefits- for example employees are expected to work on holidays with no additional compensation.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FLApril 14, 2016
Company hired a lot of people placed them in management positions with little to know training. Company needs more training programs and give more hours to run store and service customers.
Cons
employee discount was to low.
Charming Charlie - Affordable Jewelry
"charmer" - salesman (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 12, 2016
Charming Charlie is a fun, fast paced store with plenty of foot traffic and busy work to make the day go by quickly. Opening or closing, the store asks all "charmers" to greet customers, apply daily knowledge of upcoming fashion trends, maintain cleanliness of store, and deliver fun and friendly customer service. Working at Charming Charlie, you learn new fashion terms, how to pair certain pieces of jewelry together, and how much hard work goes into retail work. Management and co - workers at Charming Charlie are effective, pleasant, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for hours at a time often with short breaks (in accordance with state law), but this can be counteracted by the in store discounts and fun relationships with co-workers.
Pros
In store discount
Cons
Short breaks
Stylist and Consultant
Retail Associate - Stylist & Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 12, 2016
A company which has gone through many "growing pains", but began with a wonderful premise. My personal experience has been mostly positive and I find the work enjoyable, especially when dealing with clientele. I am very experienced in retail and a top stylist who can generate steady and large sales. If you are not seeking a management position, there is virtually no upward mobility. Good for part-time or temporary workers although I have been there almost from the start of our CC because they offer me flexible hours which allows me to continue my main profession without any conflict.