Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Fun people to work with
Associate (Current Employee) –  Covington, LAFebruary 15, 2018
To be honest, it is a part time job till I can find something better. What I feel makes this job hard for me to leave is the people I work with. The manager is amazing and takes a real interest in her associates. The Assistant Managers are all equally amazing. We are a family there, there is little to no drama (which is a first for me in retail). They are the reason that I stay.
Pros
Managers, Associates, Discount
Cons
few hours, no benefits for part time, pay is ok
Great Workplace
Sales Lead and Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTFebruary 13, 2018
management is wonderful, excellent fun place to work, reasonable discount, everything is arranged by color which makes it easy and fun to find products.
Horrible place of work with poor management
Style Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Your only get like 5 or 4 hours a day and work 3 days a week maybe If you’re lucky. The manager only scheduled people who are good at email captures as she told other associates that. You get there for your shift and only 2 or 5 people max come in to shop.
Pros
Free water fountain
Cons
Short breaks, Hardley any discount, poor management, you do more work than you applied for that’s not your position
Fun but always got the job done
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 9, 2018
Ring up customers, add them into our charm club with their email. Assist customers in whatever they needed. Organized the store, restocked merchandise, and managing the advertisement and sale signs. Managed time in order to get multiple tasks done during a single work shift.
I learned how to time manage as well as work under pressure to assist customers to the best of my ability. I also learned how to persuade someone into becoming a charm club member by describing in detail what the benefits might be.
The work culture was fun and exciting, we had an amazing staff that got along which made work more fun but we always got the job done.
The hardest part of the job was making sure that you managed your time well enough to get everything you needed to get done during a shift. Lastly the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff I worked with and my amazing managers.
Pros
Discounts on Products
Cons
not a lot of hours
Fun
Part Time Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, IL 62208February 6, 2018
This is definitely a good place to work. The only problems I have is that the discount is low considering we are asked to wear Charming Charlie Stuff. Plus, my assistant manager is awful.
Low Pay, Long Hours, Bad Management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 6, 2018
When I first started working at Charming Charlie, I loved it but that was before I became a manager and was not aware of how bad things really were. First of all, Charlie does not care about his employees AT ALL! Open on every holiday except for Christmas with NO HOLIDAY PAY! 25% discount that you can't even use on everything. Customers come in with better coupon offers and employees are not allowed to use coupons! The pay at CC is horrible. Some of the sales associates made only 25 cents less than I did as a manager! ABSOLUTELY NO RAISES! They do not give raises to anybody regardless of how long you worked there. They do not care how hard you work, you will not see a raise ever working at this company. The district manager and the general manager do not care about their employees. Treat them like working mules. Our turnover was so high, we were hiring new people every week. Customers are rude as well. Do not suggest working there. Please go work for a company that actually cares about you and offers you more benefits and higher pay than this company. So glad they are going bankrupt.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, Horrible employee discount, No holiday pay
Good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXFebruary 2, 2018
Most of the days it was slow so I would work on different tasks to keep busy. It was fun when a customer would actually want my help and opinion for a gift or for themselves.
Merchandise Planner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 1, 2018
It was a fun environment to work in. My colleagues were awesome and some of the most talented people. I still keep in them. They grew too fast and needed a better strategic plan.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Long drive
Fun work environment
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 1, 2018
Too slow paced
unorganized higher level management
low level job security
indecisive decision making: scheduling, dress code, etc.
sometimes unrealistic sales goals
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
Creative and interactive environment.
Sales associate and register attendant (Former Employee) –  TXJanuary 31, 2018
The sales job provided excellent opportunities to utilize creative marketing skills through the creation of displays. The store was in a buy location and we were constantly restocking items as they sold. The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with coworkers and customers.
horrible
VISUAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 31, 2018
people in stores are awesome. corporate has no idea what they are doing. it makes things really hard and hard to keep sales up. overall a fun environment.
Don't recommend
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 30, 2018
No life work balance. Spent a lot of time of repetitive paperwork. Very large store with no payroll to staff.
The DM was awful. She micro managed. Did not let store manager do the job they were hired for.
Fun work place with low stress
Style Associate (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDJanuary 24, 2018
I’ve loved working here, and I never want to leave. General manager is super sweet and a wonderful person. Very laid back environment. Always receive breaks when needed
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2018
All in all, I really enjoyed working at Charming Charlie. A typical day would start off with cleaning and organization. Throughout the day providing customer service and tidying the store. Unboxing inventory and organizing that. At the end of the day, we would do "go-backs", dusting, organizing the store, and counting dow registers. Management was wonderful and they made my experience great.
Slow work place have to find things to do.
Cashier/Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 24, 2018
Working in retail is very easy , especially when it’s slow. Things done get messed up you just keep the accessories neat and you’ll have a good day everyday. Keep yourself busy and it want be so boring.
Awesome
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Charming Charlie’s was an awesome place to be it was fun and upbeat. You learn how to socialize and interact with people. My store manager was absolutely the sweetest. It’s a challenging but also fun career choice. Super great atmosphere.
Ok
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJanuary 23, 2018
Charming Charlie company wise was not up to par with what I thought it would be. The company seemed unorganized. My specific location was great; managers and fellow co-workers.
my review
Part Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 22, 2018
loved my job, loved the people i worked with here unfortunately they have closed the store down in this area. we had a great team when i was there and had alot of fun together
Fun.
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Plainville, CTJanuary 22, 2018
Working at Charming Charlie is great if you are glamour girl! You get to dress up and accessorize. i recommend it as a starter job for a retailer. The only issue was that there weren't any opportunities to advance my retail career and the pay was not good. But the best experience about working for Charming Charlie is the many styles and tips I was able to help with. That including customers and the visual set up for Charming Charlie.
Charming Charlie Corporate was an overall positive place
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 22, 2018
While job security wasn't there given the state of the company, I got to do some of my best work while at CC. Every day was different and the team was extremely collaborative. We were always encouraged to share our ideas and often times, our ideas were listened to and executed. I truly enjoyed working here.
Pros
Collaborative, creative freedom
Cons
No perks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.