Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employer Reviews

Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mareitta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great management, amazing clothes
Cons: poor pay
Fun and fabulous working environment. The management team is amazing and you'll love going to work everyday. And the clothes there are so cute!
Learned so much
Part-time Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I learned a lot from CC. My manager was amazing, the training was amazing, and my employees were like family. Family and personal time was allowed.
I loved this job
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoyed every moment of it. i enjoy being in charge but also making the work environment a fun place to get things done without it being so stressful
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount, you can wear purchases to work to promote products and show fun ways to wear them
Cons: not given many hours as a sales associate
Each day consisted of balancing putting out shipment and helping customers. I learned excellent time management skills to be able to complete daily tasks and provide exemplary customer service. Management gave great guidance to employees on how to manage time, place product and deliver customer service to ensure we were meeting sales goals. Co-workers seemed to enjoy this job just as much as I did and you could see that in how happy our customers were with our help. The hardest part of the job was learning where all the different jewelry went. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to show off the jewelry and helping customers find just what they were looking for.
Productive Retail Sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee), National City, CAFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: discounted jewelry and clothes, making customers have a fabulous experience.
Cons: low weekly hours and benefits
Prioritized daily operations while still keeping high standards for customer service, resolved customer complaints and issues effectively. Consistently increased sales per customer through attachment selling.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 3, 2015
Maintaining a selling environment focused on customer service. Follow all policies and procedures. Work as a team player to ensure that customer has a fabulous experience. Performs stock work, re-merchandising, display, and price markdowns. Received and processed cash and credit payments for in-store purchases. Described use and operation of merchandise to customers. Opened and closed the store, including counting cash, opening and closing cash registers and creating staff assignments. In charge of scheduling, planning, and payroll. In charge of training and developing new talent. Used strong visual skills to create brand appropriate displays
Fun environment, overall nice employees
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: easy job environment.
Cons: graveyard shifts at times.
Music playing all the time, helping people find exactly what they need. Checking out people at register, making sure they are happy with their purchase.
Horrible company to work for
Manager (Former Employee), OHFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: employee dicount
Cons: the way they treat their employees
I worked there for almost two years and management along with the DM possessed an extremely unprofessional attitude. I have never worked in a work environment that bullied people by name calling while attacking personal character. There is a certain professional way to provide constructive criticism. The DM and GM did not use these tactics which made it the most unprofessional company I have ever worked for in my retail career.
In the Beginning......
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 31, 2015
Cons: management was hostile, later fired by corporate.
I was the first manager hired by the district manager. The store manager then had been hired, but was in the process of moving for the job. Once she was there, we recruited other managers needed. She was then sent to Houston for 2 weeks of training, as all managers were. I sat up shop at a local coffee shop to recruit and hire 40 plus part time employees. The district manager approved the employees, but I found a bit of discrimination. The store construction was completed, inventory was trucked in, and we had a new store opening team to help set up the store. As soon as this was done, I was sent to Houston for training. Long hours sitting. Upon my return, there were many operational issues, goes with a new store opening. I found all the training I received at Corporate was not in place at our store.
Belmar Charming Charlie has great management.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), BelmarJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great staff to work with.
Cons: late hours at christmas time! no set schedule.
High energy, fun girls to work with.

The apparel is the best that it has ever been! Great way to update your look at affordable prices.

The jewelry, handbags, shoes and scarves are always whats trending as well as the apparel.
Company has no care for employees in anyway
Senior ASM (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 28, 2015
This company fell very short of any company I have ever worked for. The overall employees that work there were unprofessional and lacked much training to run a successful business.
Construcitve learning enviorment but with little room to advance
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Niles, OHJanuary 27, 2015
Charming Charlie is a wonderful company that values its employees education and sales training. It is a highly interactive environment that is centered around sales goals and personal development. During my 5 years there I learned everything from sales, business acumen, office procedures, the process of opening new stores, Loss prevention, inventory procedures, people management and scheduling.
Though the job offered many faucets of learning however the room for advancement was very low. Upward mobility was not high on the priority for the company at the time.
What I loved most however was the customer interaction, the building of a business relationship with my clientele and their happiness when leaving my store was paramount to me and my goals as a manager. I loved impressing that authentic interaction onto my employees as well and it was very fulfilling as a manager to watch as their own customer service skills grew.
horrible place to work at
cashier (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJanuary 27, 2015
Cons: 15 minute break to go get food com back and shove food down throat.
schedule based on how many magazines you sell not by how hard you work which pretty much sucks. Hours were horrible. Managers favored workers if you ask me very unprofessional.
Horrible job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charming CharlieJanuary 25, 2015
Too many expectations for sales associates. Huge store with two people working.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day for me at work would be to open the building at 10am. I would get there at eight or nine with my opening "charmer" we called our team members and do my opening duties. Open all of the registers, add money if needed, create the chat board in the back, record the morning message which included of sales goal, what the selling expectation/behaviors need to be, and what their skill practice for the day needed to be. I would print the sales tracker, the day's schedule and daily sales sheet to track for the day.
What I learned is how to properly sell and piece together an outfit with the right colors and styles. Asking questions is the first step.

As far as management I was a part of that team and my peers were great. All except for one but we were great as a team. The communication between us was strong and we made sure to hold weekly management meetings to discuss business, toss around new ideas but also to have a little fun and learn about each other.

The hardest part of my job was selling as I hadn't ever done it before and the most enjoyable part was getting to help women find the right jewelry or put an outfit together. I love customer service and I loved having fun with my peers and team.
Great workplace if you like fashion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MiamiJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 15 minute paid break
Cons: usually you can't take a break
Managers are super helpful. Employees come in and out, not much stability.
good company
Charmer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Very unorganized at times, but that's expected since the company is going rapidly. The management training needs to be improved. Other than that its an okay company to work for. Everyone is friendly and seem to care about what goes on in each others personal life.
Understaffed yet never scheduled
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TxJanuary 19, 2015
Management seemed inexperienced and to for a company that is understaffed, the scheduling of associates is almost slim to none. You do get to meet great customers but with so little coverage not every customer gets the experience that the store has set for its standards.
Great Place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Savannah gaJanuary 16, 2015
This company has great benefits and its a really fun place to work and shop!
Great Company
Sales Goals (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Still growing!! Over all fun place to work. As a manager the compensations and benefits are GREAT!!

1 2 3 4 5

About Charming Charlie

COMPANY It’s time for a FABULOUS career! charming charlie, the award-winning fashion accessories retailer, is the one-of-a-kind – Read more

Charming Charlie Photos