Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Most fun and enjoyable environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rockford, ILApril 15, 2015
Pros: Interesting and fun environment.
Cons: na
The management was absolutely awesome! I loved how straight forward my direct manager was. My coworkers were very hip and cultural, very interesting to get to know them. Their was no hard part when it came to Charming Charlies, if it was not a seasonal position, I would have definitely opted to stick it out.
productive and enjoyable environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 15, 2015
A typical day was fast paced. Coworkers were fun to work with, while management were all business. Customers could be difficult, but overall not bad.
Very fun and enjoyable place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: breaks, time off, etc
Cons: N/A
I really did enjoy working at Charming Charlie; the environment itself was very comfortable and i found a special place there.
great summer job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Marietta, GAApril 8, 2015
This ice cream shop is easy to work in and easy to please customers. The management is a poor though and does not maintain stability.
Not a bad place to work if you don't have a family.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Atascocita, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: decent pay, benefits, mostly fun work environment
Cons: upper management needs to improve, work hours, communication is lacking.
I enjoyed working with this company but the hours really took its toll on me. I also was sent to different stores very often which made the hours even longer. I did gain management development in this job though and had more responsibility that in my previous jobs, so that I do appreciate. Overall, I enjoyed my time there because I loved merchandising and selling but felt that upper-level management needs to improve on basically everything because they had a tenancy to tear you down for anything and everything and many times were full of empty threats of "write-up" and the gossip within the store level was out of this world--and I mean that negatively.
Jewelry Junky
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 6, 2015
If you love all things accessories this job is for you. They push you to sale, sale, sale but do not compensate in my opinion. I've seen girls working there for years and have no kind of advancement.
Fun and Friendly Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Augusta, MEMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Providing help to people
Cons: No guaranteed hours
Managers provide an fun and friendly work environment. Enjoy interacting with customers and help them find the apparel and accessories to make them feel fabulous.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: everyone was so friendly
Cons: not enough hours
Always had fun with customers and as a team
Learned how to create relationship with customers
Management was well organized
Co-workers were very friendly, worked well together
Hardest part was converting all people to buy
Most enjoyable part was seeing the smiles on peoples face that I helped find jewelry to match their wants and needs.
Commitment to Core Values
General Manager (Current Employee), Norman, OKMarch 12, 2015
Company strives on Customer Service...Fun, Friendly and Fabulous!! Core Values are represented at all levels. Fast growing accessories retailer.
Great teamwork and atmosphere.
Part time Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 12, 2015
It's always a fun day at work, you can always be sure to meet really nice customers and have fun helping them pick out merchandise.
fun work enviornment
Retail Associate (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJMarch 10, 2015
Fun work environment in retail. Many of the hassles have been eliminated at the cash register. minimum wage is all you make.
Fun Atmosphere
Charmer (Current Employee), Panama City BeachMarch 9, 2015
Pros: atmosphere is fun
Cons: no one can be full time except management
Great co-workers! Great management! Just great, & fun job! When you walk in, you're always greeted with smiling faces. You always know the rules & what you're job duties are for the day - you are never guessing. Managers are always willing to help you with anything, & everyone really helps each other.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 9, 2015
A day at Charming Charlie was never dull, the store was always full of customers. Each employee would take turns on the cash register or out on the sales floor. I learned a lot about sales in this environment and about having patience and working in a fast-paced workplace.
A typical day at work
General Store Manager (Current Employee), Delray Beach, FloridaMarch 8, 2015
Pros: monthly 40% discount
Cons: district manager, and just about non existence at the corporate office
Driving Sales and providing our guests with excellent service and bettering my Direct Reports using company tools and product knowledge.
fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIMarch 7, 2015
Cons: short hours
my co workers were very different. the hardest part of my job was dealing with theft and my district manager. most enjoyable part of my job was the fashion
Upbeat, fun place. Goal oriented.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), Goodyear, AZFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: fun environment, friendly co-workers, pretty jewelry.
Cons: short breaks, short shifts, less than 26 hrs/ week, no opportunity to advance with company, strict dress code.
A typical day at work starts out with listening to what the days plan was. This covered ADS, UPT, and Conversion rate goals, as well as doing a "chat- in" with the manager on duty where we would discuss the newest trends that we had in the store as well as any sales that we had going on.

I learned all about customer service, sales, cash handling, and how to provide a positive customer experience.

Most managers at Charming Charlie were very friendly, helpful, understanding when it came to anything.

All of the associates at Charming Charlie were friendly, upbeat, fashion forward, and knew how to do their job (and do it well).

The hardest part of working at Charming Charlie was dealing with difficult customers and reaching daily goals (if no one wanted to buy anything).

The most enjoyable part of working at Charming Charlie was helping the customers find what they are looking for and creating a fun, friendly, and fabulous shopping experience for the customers.
Great job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mareitta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fun environment, great management, amazing clothes
Cons: poor pay
Fun and fabulous working environment. The management team is amazing and you'll love going to work everyday. And the clothes there are so cute!
Learned so much
Part-time Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 25, 2015
I learned a lot from CC. My manager was amazing, the training was amazing, and my employees were like family. Family and personal time was allowed.
I loved this job
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNFebruary 23, 2015
I enjoyed every moment of it. i enjoy being in charge but also making the work environment a fun place to get things done without it being so stressful
Fun and exciting place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: employee discount, you can wear purchases to work to promote products and show fun ways to wear them
Cons: not given many hours as a sales associate
Each day consisted of balancing putting out shipment and helping customers. I learned excellent time management skills to be able to complete daily tasks and provide exemplary customer service. Management gave great guidance to employees on how to manage time, place product and deliver customer service to ensure we were meeting sales goals. Co-workers seemed to enjoy this job just as much as I did and you could see that in how happy our customers were with our help. The hardest part of the job was learning where all the different jewelry went. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to show off the jewelry and helping customers find just what they were looking for.
Headquarters
Houston, TX
Employees
5,001 to 10,000
Industry
Links
Charming Charlie website
Linkedin
Watch our recruiting video!

Twitter