Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Horrible job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Charming CharlieJanuary 25, 2015
Too many expectations for sales associates. Huge store with two people working.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Lakewood, COJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day for me at work would be to open the building at 10am. I would get there at eight or nine with my opening "charmer" we called our team members and do my opening duties. Open all of the registers, add money if needed, create the chat board in the back, record the morning message which included of sales goal, what the selling expectation/behaviors need to be, and what their skill practice for the day needed to be. I would print the sales tracker, the day's schedule and daily sales sheet to track for the day.
What I learned is how to properly sell and piece together an outfit with the right colors and styles. Asking questions is the first step.

As far as management I was a part of that team and my peers were great. All except for one but we were great as a team. The communication between us was strong and we made sure to hold weekly management meetings to discuss business, toss around new ideas but also to have a little fun and learn about each other.

The hardest part of my job was selling as I hadn't ever done it before and the most enjoyable part was getting to help women find the right jewelry or put an outfit together. I love customer service and I loved having fun with my peers and team.
Great workplace if you like fashion
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MiamiJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: 15 minute paid break
Cons: usually you can't take a break
Managers are super helpful. Employees come in and out, not much stability.
good company
Charmer (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Very unorganized at times, but that's expected since the company is going rapidly. The management training needs to be improved. Other than that its an okay company to work for. Everyone is friendly and seem to care about what goes on in each others personal life.
Understaffed yet never scheduled
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TxJanuary 19, 2015
Management seemed inexperienced and to for a company that is understaffed, the scheduling of associates is almost slim to none. You do get to meet great customers but with so little coverage not every customer gets the experience that the store has set for its standards.
Great Place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Savannah gaJanuary 16, 2015
This company has great benefits and its a really fun place to work and shop!
Great Company
Sales Goals (Current Employee), Hallandale Beach, FLJanuary 14, 2015
Still growing!! Over all fun place to work. As a manager the compensations and benefits are GREAT!!
I loved this job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJanuary 10, 2015
Being a former charmer at Charming Charlie I have nothing but good words to say about this job ! It was a really great work experience, the co-workers and management were amazing ! The best part about this job would be helping the customers find exactly what they wanted and needed.
Fun place to work for, Management issues
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), Reno, NVJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: fun work atmosphere
Cons: management
As a full time college student working for a place that allows me to plan around my school is great. The only issue I have had here was with the management. The management is very unprofessional and at times I feel as if there is a lot of drama. Although the management has its problems, I feel that as a team we all work well together. I have loved working for this company but I feel I need a challenge and job that could eventually lead to a career.
Perfect Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Lafayette, LAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: to many to name! lol!
Cons: short breaks
Simply put, BEST JOB EVER!
I Was only here for seasonal but I miss them already!
I hope I get rehired permanently!
Very family oriented, full of laughter & smiles!
Fun place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: easy job tasks
Cons: working on holidays
Charming Charlie is a great place to work. The people are fun and friendly and you never have to work long hours.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Rochester Hills, MIDecember 27, 2014
Pros: 25% discount on all merchandise (except clearance) and occasional employee appreciation of 40% off
Cons: low hours and pay
I really like my job at Charming Charlie. It's a fun atmosphere with great coworkers. The customers are also a plus! It's fun helping them pair jewelry with an outfit or any kind of fancy event or any outings at all. The management is also so nice and friendly!
FAMILY ORIENTED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Retail Consultant (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 20, 2014
I LOVED THIS COMPANY! VERY FLEXIBLE WITH STUDENTS AND THEIR DEMANDING SCHEDULES, ALWAYS PROVIDED GOOD HOURS WHEN AVAILABLE.THEY ALLOW YOU TO EXPRESS YOUR CREATIVE IDEAS AND USE THEM TO GET THE COMPANY AHEAD, IF SEEN BENFICIAL. ALLOWS TIME FOR IMPORTANT MATTERS AND IS VERY UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR PERSONAL LIFE. THIS COMPANY WAS VERY CONSIDERATE OF ALL OF OUR INDIVIDUAL NEEDS AND MADE SURE THEY WERE MET.
great work experience
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Wyomissing, PADecember 20, 2014
Great work environment and wonderful management. Enjoyed the organization and dedication from the staff members.
Enjoyed working at Charming Charlie
CASHIER (Former Employee), GreeneDecember 19, 2014
Pros: location, fantastic environment
Cons: short breaks, hours
I sincerely enjoyed every work at Charlie's. The employees and managers were so friendly and welcoming, I felt like it fit in right away. I learned so much about myself as an employee and about how to keep a store functional with hard work and team effort. I made friends not only with my co workers but also my managers. A difficult part of my job was balancing multiple customers, but even then I still found the job rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people and making people smile.
good starting retail job
Cashier, Store Greeter, Customer Service Clerk (Former Employee), Deptford, NJDecember 19, 2014
Pros: fun atmosphere
Cons: wage
When walking in the store you are greeted by a Charmer. From here, the customer goes exploring jewelry by color coordination throughout the store. If they need help there are charmers on the floor for just that reason alone. After finding everything the need, the customer then proceeds to the register to pay for their items. If they ned anything else the cashier has plenty of suggestions as well to help them out. On the way out of the store, they are bid a good day by the charmer from the beginning of their shopping experience.
Horrible Management, Unfriendly, Dirty Store
Charmer (Former Employee), NashvilleDecember 15, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: short breaks, unfriendly staff, disgusting bathrooms
This job was a joke to me! The pay was not enough for what they expect you to do and for what little hours they give. I started CCs as a second job and got fired via phone call because of "scheduling issues". I don't understand how they expect people to only work there...you cannot make a living off of their salary. The management was very poor, the store was always a wreck. It seemed like everyone cared more about gossiping than actually working. Worst job experience EVER!
When the store first opened, it was a great place to work.
Senior Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 12, 2014
The first few years at Charming Charlie were great. However once there were some major changes in the Home Office, with very high positions, the entire company changed everything it stood for. I did not want to be apart of the company it became.
Fun Work Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment, fashion, quick paced, retail-based
Cons: sometimes cut hours, not allotted more than 26hrs/week
Charming Charlie is a fun, retail store geared toward women. They have purses, jewelry, scarves, clothes and every type of accessory you could want. I’ve learned a lot about interacting with people and how to manager unhappy customers/people in general. It’s super fun when you can help a customer find exactly what she wanted and give her the best experience in the store. Most shifts are about 4 or 5 hours which can be a hassle when you don’t live particularly close. And all sales associates (charmers) are not allowed to have more than 26 hours per week. The hardest part of the job is when they have to cut hours in order to make sure the company is on track for hours.
This job was just that, a job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZDecember 5, 2014
Of course if you have been to Charming Charlie it is any woman's dream store. I could never make a paycheck last the whole weekend. This seasonal position was definitely one to remember.

About Charming Charlie

COMPANY It’s time for a FABULOUS career! charming charlie, the award-winning fashion accessories retailer, is the one-of-a-kind – Read more

Charming Charlie Salaries

$13.00 per hour

Charming Charlie Photos

Charming Charlie Store
Mad. Rag
Fall 2013 Visual Merchandising (created by me)