Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Great start to build sales experience
Part Time Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHApril 28, 2016
A typical day at work for a Sales Associate involves meeting with Staff before you start your shift, and learning about the sales goals for the day and what your job responsibilities will be.

greeting customers and helping each customer find their perfect accessory.

Handling customer inquires and complaints.

Operating cash register

Restocking merchandise and maintaining store.

Hardest part of the job is always keeping your self proactive even on your down time.

your coworker and clients are going to be the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Coworkers, clients, and enviroment
Cons
Keep your self busy even during down time
amazing place to work, but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAApril 24, 2016
being an employee here was amazing, the work environment was great, but the management is terrible. Working here felt like high school all over again.
Pros
discounts and store perks
Cons
pay-rate
Bad Benefits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYApril 16, 2016
Charming Charlie is a retail store that is currently undergoing rapid growth. The Texas based company recently opened stores in New York City and Dubai. Although I did enjoy the sales portion of my position, I found that many of my responsibilities were left out of my job description. The position requires much more manual labor than I was lead to believe. The company also does not offer great benefits- for example employees are expected to work on holidays with no additional compensation.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FLApril 14, 2016
Company hired a lot of people placed them in management positions with little to know training. Company needs more training programs and give more hours to run store and service customers.
Cons
employee discount was to low.
Charming Charlie - Affordable Jewelry
"charmer" - salesman (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 12, 2016
Charming Charlie is a fun, fast paced store with plenty of foot traffic and busy work to make the day go by quickly. Opening or closing, the store asks all "charmers" to greet customers, apply daily knowledge of upcoming fashion trends, maintain cleanliness of store, and deliver fun and friendly customer service. Working at Charming Charlie, you learn new fashion terms, how to pair certain pieces of jewelry together, and how much hard work goes into retail work. Management and co - workers at Charming Charlie are effective, pleasant, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is being on your feet for hours at a time often with short breaks (in accordance with state law), but this can be counteracted by the in store discounts and fun relationships with co-workers.
Pros
In store discount
Cons
Short breaks
Stylist and Consultant
Retail Associate - Stylist & Consultant (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 12, 2016
A company which has gone through many "growing pains", but began with a wonderful premise. My personal experience has been mostly positive and I find the work enjoyable, especially when dealing with clientele. I am very experienced in retail and a top stylist who can generate steady and large sales. If you are not seeking a management position, there is virtually no upward mobility. Good for part-time or temporary workers although I have been there almost from the start of our CC because they offer me flexible hours which allows me to continue my main profession without any conflict.
People skills were very prompt!!!
Cashier, sales associate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSApril 11, 2016
Charming Charlie was a place where the employee had no choice but to engage with the customers. Charming Charlie is very wide open store where the employees must make sure the customers were satisfied. I overall enjoyed working at Charming Charlie. It gave me the skills I needed to achieve in the career world.
The place for all fashionistas
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 7, 2016
I learned a lot from my GSM at Charming Charlie. She takes credit in molding and coaching who I am today. Love this place of work. The hardest part about this job is the amount of discounts upon discounts that this company's customers get and then working harder to make daily sales.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Family Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAApril 6, 2016
Had great moments I've been working at this department. It felt like a great family environment that led to a great day of work
Exciting place of Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 3, 2016
Fun energetic crowd, both working with and selling to. Great place to shop for all women accessories. This is a place to get your selling feet wet. You will learn Customer Service, Hard Work, Color Scheme's, Cashiering, Selling Tips, and lots of fun and fashion rules.
Great job to be at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2016
Charming charlie is a great place to work at when in school. Very flexible with hours, and always room to grow with the company.
Pros
private shopping when new stuff come out
Cons
n/a
Fun, bright, cheerful, small little world
Sales Associate/Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 22, 2016
When I first started work at Charming Charlie I was blown away by the relationship and bond between the employees and their ability to always brighten each others day and make the experience for both co-workers and customers, fabulous.

The management team was always strong and encouraging and delegated tasks to what specific persons strengths. They gave perfect company/store structure in the way they lead by example.

If you're a student or just wanting a good part time job and willing to work flexible hours, Charming Charlie is a great option for that.

Charming Charlie also very much encourages employee growth and training. If you show interest or if they see potential in you they will put faith in your abilities and will push you to move higher in the company and will work on how to get you to that place that you want to be.

I started out as a part time Charmer and after 2 months I was given a position of Visual Lead, that position is not commonly given to employees who haven't been with the company for under 6 months. Before I left the company to take a different path in my career, I was offered the position as Part-Time Assistant Manager. At that point I had only been with the company for 7 months
Pros
great vibe, fun atmosphere, encourages employee growth
Cons
too short of hours
fun and exciting work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hallandale Beach, FLMarch 13, 2016
hard working and determined worker. Great with customers and much experience in customer service. My management team was very hands on and helped the charmers with projects. i enjoyed all my co workers and we made it a fun work environment.
No internal growth opportunities
Merchant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 9, 2016
This is a company that you come to in order to use as a resume builder. There's a huge lack of management and leadership. The pay is less than competitive for the industry. There's a black cloud once you are in the company of negative energy that produces a very low moral. The company isn't giving raises, which wouldn't be so bad if we weren't doing the jobs of three other people because everyone is leaving and management has a lack of accountability. They have a I'll just replace you attitude, we work really hard, beyond the required hours and don't even get a thank you. Beware of budy system. Get in learn a little and run for the quickest exit.
Pros
Free dress and HQ in Houston
Cons
Management, moral, pay, no appreciation etc.
Fun and rewarding
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Algonquin, ILMarch 8, 2016
My typical work day at Charming Charlie is easy going. There are certain hours of the day that are pretty busy, but its mostly pretty steady. I have learned various different ways to learn about what a customer needs, how to identify what they are looking for and how to work with them to fulfill customer satisfaction. I have pretty awesome co-workers and managers that are always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is not receiving enough hours. The most enjoyable part about my job is finding the right style for every customer it is really rewarding to know you have done a good job!
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Not enough hours
Great Job
Charmer (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTMarch 6, 2016
if you have a great team and great management, you will love this job. The hours don't start out great, but if you work hard you will get the hours you want.
up-beat and friendly environment with large floor space
Co-Manager (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 6, 2016
I love that there is always something to do at Charming Charlie- with it being the largest store I have worked at, there is always merchandise replenishment and shipment processing to be conveyed. My management team is supportive, helpful and positive. I am the hiring manager and enjoy on boarding new associates as well as training.
Pros
employee appreciation weekends, supportive district manager
Cons
sick time, short breaks
A fun job at the mall
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
It was a fun place for me to work out because I love jewelry but I only really enjoyed the jewelry, my coworkers and my boss. Other than that, I don't care for the way it was run. The average work day was maintaining visuals and helping customers pick out their jewelry and ring them up.
Pros
jewelry, coworkers
Cons
low pay, short breaks, the way the floor was run
Fun environment with adults whom you can create outfits for
PT Assistant Manager/Charmer (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORFebruary 25, 2016
A great staff to work with, everyone is very friendly and encouraging. It's also rewarding to know that you've made a customers day by dressing them when they're lost and don't know what to accessorize their outfit with.

Tough part is that work/life balance. It's hard with a family especially during the holidays when it's a blackout period and unable to take vacation time with kids who are on break.
Pros
Fun staff to work with, and the rewarding feeling making someone feel fabulous with their purchase
Cons
Inconsistant schedule
Great group of girls to work with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 24, 2016
It was a fast paced, upbeat retail place to work. The managers were always helpful and supportive of what you needed. They hire more during seasonal and if you work hard and stand out they will keep you past seasonal.
Pros
Fun management, work with cute products
Cons
strict hours allowed (not managements fault)

2.9