Charming Charlie

Charming Charlie Employer Reviews

When the store first opened, it was a great place to work.
Senior Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Naples, FLDecember 12, 2014
The first few years at Charming Charlie were great. However once there were some major changes in the Home Office, with very high positions, the entire company changed everything it stood for. I did not want to be apart of the company it became.
Fun Work Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 8, 2014
Pros: fun environment, fashion, quick paced, retail-based
Cons: sometimes cut hours, not allotted more than 26hrs/week
Charming Charlie is a fun, retail store geared toward women. They have purses, jewelry, scarves, clothes and every type of accessory you could want. I’ve learned a lot about interacting with people and how to manager unhappy customers/people in general. It’s super fun when you can help a customer find exactly what she wanted and give her the best experience in the store. Most shifts are about 4 or 5 hours which can be a hassle when you don’t live particularly close. And all sales associates (charmers) are not allowed to have more than 26 hours per week. The hardest part of the job is when they have to cut hours in order to make sure the company is on track for hours.
This job was just that, a job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZDecember 5, 2014
Of course if you have been to Charming Charlie it is any woman's dream store. I could never make a paycheck last the whole weekend. This seasonal position was definitely one to remember.
Dead End Job with No Security or Benefits, Lackluster Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houma, LADecember 3, 2014
For months now I have been scheduled the absolute minimum hours per week on a schedule that was emailed at the last possible second every Saturday night for the following Sunday morning. I have had little to no training, but I am expected to be well acquainted with every promotion, sale, policy and rule of this company. I have had multiple discussions with management about my lack of hours, and the unfair dispersion of hours among mostly seasonal workers and not the regular workers, however, nothing has changed. I have had to have two other jobs simultaneously just to cover my half of the bills and rent with my room mate. I have been written up by a manager who was late the very same day she wrote me up for being late, and continues to be late even on shifts she asks me to come in earlier than my scheduled time. I have covered for shifts people have called out sick for, and I have come in early for the very same manager multiple times when she herself has failed to organize the schedule efficiently enough so that the sales floor has coverage. On a typical day of work, I have been scheduled for three hours, most of which I will stand behind the cash register and ring up transactions for the entirety of the shift. If given a task of pushing out product or recovering the sales floor, I won't have enough time to do effectively so while running the cash register, and certainly won't ever have time to finish said task. I have only ever requested time off for shifts at my other jobs, however, I have been scheduled for these three hour shifts at the exact time I have requested off, – more... for three weeks now. There has been no movement in management since the time of my hire, and no discussions of the proper procedure to move upward in the company has ever been discussed. Management has recently hired 15 additional seasonal workers, however, while working, if business is slow, hours will be cut to those working. I have been sent home with other coworkers in the middle of a shift because the traffic of customers is slow on multiple occasions. – less
Extremely difficult company to work for. Reactionary not pro active
Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaNovember 29, 2014
The company has no system for inventory management, control or prep. you are not able prep for your business.
Management is expected to work over 50 hours a week. NoN stop corp. visits always through a different set of lens, never any consistency or follow through as to what corp wants. Growing to fast for home office. Managers are not held accountable to the same standard.
Supportive management in a fast paced work environment.
Sales (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXNovember 22, 2014
Strong management utilizing excellent training skills. Wonderful environment and good customers. Truly a company that expects
top-notch customer service. Several co-workers are still friends.
Productive and a fun, outgoing environment
Cashier (Current Employee), Chino Hills, CANovember 20, 2014
Pros: great relationship with everyone
Cons: few hours at times
always busy with shipment and keeping the store, as well as making sure the customers' needs are satisfied.
Great environment and amazing co-workers
Sales Associate "Charmer" (Current Employee), El Cajon, CANovember 18, 2014
Pros: great learning experience, wonderful co-workers
Cons: n/a
I've learned a lot about customer service through this company and how to increase purchases in order to meet our sales goals. I work with the greatest people, they are very caring and extremely outgoing. The job isn't hard at all once you get the overall idea of it. I enjoy everything about this job although, I'd love to have more hours.
Overall Experience
Fashion Advisor (Former Employee), Hendersonville, TNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: discount, can be fun, good experience
Cons: management changes, no communication
Poor management and communication, but can be a good first job in the retail industry. Very fast paced and multitasking is needed due to the high volume. Lots of shipment comes in and is needed to put out immediately.
fun work environment
Charmer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 11, 2014
great company to work for. nice employees and great managment team
Lots of changes constantly
Full-Time Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 10, 2014
Constantly changing something. Certain managers not working as a team. Corporate changes that did not make efficient day to day operations easy only more complicated.
absolutely loved this job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crestview Hills, KYNovember 6, 2014
Pros: discount on great accessories
My coworkers were awesome and it was a great working environment. My manager was very nice and easy to get along with. She was very understanding and worked well with all of us.
Fun place to work
Charmer (Former Employee), Temple, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good discount
Cons: not enough hours
Typical day was helping customers shop. I learned to properly accessorize my jewelry with my attire. My supuervisors were awesome very down to earth along with co-workers. The hardest part of the job was it was only part time only managment get over 30 hours. I most enjoyed this job cause i shopped while i worked.
fun people
Customer service (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSNovember 3, 2014
provide great customer service every day. check people out at the register.
Fast Growing work place
Loss Prevention Senior Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 1, 2014
Fast Growing Company,with great team members. Ability to watch and make changes. The the company has invested in great talent and works hard to achieve all goals with in each department. Cross training is a must and the company gives you the tools to develop yourself with in.
A fun and friendly environment
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GAOctober 29, 2014
A really great place to work. Common retail duties, register, recovery, customer assistance. A good place to start for young people. Lots of room for growth and understanding how retail works.
I love working for CC!
Charmer/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Thornton, COOctober 29, 2014
Being a Charmer at Charming Charlie is such a rewarding job! They're very flexible and understanding and the accessories basically sell themselves, they're so eye-catching and fun! One of the best parts of the job is to really boost our customers confidence and assisting them in picking out the ideal accessories for their special occasions and every day style!
Where you can find it all ladies!
Sales associate (Former Employee), hallandaleOctober 16, 2014
Working on go backs, putting merchandize out on sells floor, run register. I learnt a lot about jewelry styles. The store manager when i worked their was very involved with changes and making sure everythng was getting it, he would even send weekly emails with thee 411 for the week.
Fun, Friendly and Fabulous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Little Rock, AROctober 3, 2014
Charming Charlie is a great company to work for. It has a fun and friendly work environment. The staff is upbeat and always energetic.
Love it here
Charmer (Current Employee), Fort Collins, CoOctober 1, 2014
I love working at Charming Charlie. It's such a great job as a "charmer" (sales associate). I love being able to help someone pick out the perfect outfit from head to toe and decking them out in accessories.

About Charming Charlie

COMPANY It’s time for a FABULOUS career! charming charlie, the award-winning fashion accessories retailer, is the one-of-a-kind – Read more

Charming Charlie Photos