Charming Charlie Employee Reviews in United States

New Work Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOAugust 5, 2016
handling transactions, placing shipment, customer service, hardest part was working with all the trends that you have to keep up with
Review
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2016
Everyone was always a team. We helped each other out when was needed. Management always gave a hand when needed. I loved the location of it because it was in the galleria.
Great co-workers
Sales Member (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX 78757July 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working with the managers there. They really know how to sell their stuff and who to sell it to. Great music they play there.
Exciting place of Employment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 3, 2016
Fun energetic crowd, both working with and selling to. Great place to shop for all women accessories. This is a place to get your selling feet wet. You will learn Customer Service, Hard Work, Color Scheme's, Cashiering, Selling Tips, and lots of fun and fashion rules.
A fun job at the mall
Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2016
It was a fun place for me to work out because I love jewelry but I only really enjoyed the jewelry, my coworkers and my boss. Other than that, I don't care for the way it was run. The average work day was maintaining visuals and helping customers pick out their jewelry and ring them up.
Pros
jewelry, coworkers
Cons
low pay, short breaks, the way the floor was run
amazing place to work, but terrible management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LAApril 24, 2016
being an employee here was amazing, the work environment was great, but the management is terrible. Working here felt like high school all over again.
Pros
discounts and store perks
Cons
pay-rate
Fun Job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLFebruary 18, 2016
It was a great part time job for transition, very easy going and good people to work with and super flexible. I enjoyed working with management daily and able to express myself through the mercahndise
Best Job
Charmer- Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 21, 2016
No matter what career I go to later in life, I will always remember charming Charlie. They had such great organization and it was a great company to work for.
Fun and Cute Jewelry
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 13, 2016
Good part job time. My co-workers were cool and I usually enjoyed my shifts. Sometimes the management was shaky but the pay was decent for part time work.
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  FLApril 14, 2016
Company hired a lot of people placed them in management positions with little to know training. Company needs more training programs and give more hours to run store and service customers.
Cons
employee discount was to low.
Not so Charming after all
Charmer (Former Employee) –  New OrleansMarch 24, 2013
If you are looking for growth, a stable income or having both a job and a personal life Charming Charlie is not the place for you. The pay is horrible considering the charmers do all the work while the mangers get to sit back & respond to emails all day. The amount hours you get are no help either. The main reason this business isn't at it's fullest potential is because Charlie picked horrible people to represent his business and he does a terrible job at seeing what makes things flow better. This would be an ideal job for someone who is 16 with little or no responsibilities. Charlie makes enough money to raise the pay and hire a custodial staff, but since he is so cheap the charmers are left to clean the store and bathrooms. There is no time in a half for the holidays, the employee discount is almost nonexistent & you cannot use it on clearance items. Then there's management 4 idiots working together as one is always successful right?
Pros
there aren't any seriously !
Cons
the pay, hours, discount, job growth
Fun atmosphere with great people but no raises!
Charmer (Former Employee) –  National City, CAApril 14, 2013
I absolutely loved working here for the 2+ years that I worked here. My managers were great and I made life-long friends. If it weren't for the lack of raises, I most definitely would have stayed. It was such an amazing feeling being able to connect with customers in their time of need, you'd be surprised at the friendships that are made while helping someone find the right accessories to complete an outfit for that night! The only problem with my store I would say, was that we were constantly changing our GM. We would have to keep getting accustomed to new store rules and the way they ran the store, only to have to adapt once again to a new set of rules.
Pros
being able to first-hand see all the new merchandise coming in from shipment, from winning charmer of the month, employee can get a 50% percent off entire purchase!
Cons
lack of raises.
Very productive during the day but not much to do when the day becomes slow
Charmer- sales associate (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 30, 2014
A typical day at work requires a whole lot of walking and color coordinating. Everything in the store is sectioned off by color and, withing each color section, all the jewelry is put in place according to their style, so every employee has to be good with, not only color coordinating, but also creativity. The management is really good here and they are actually the type of management who will actually work alongside you instead of stay cooped up in an office all day. The co-workers here are absolutely wonderful and do everything in their power to help you understand everything that this job entails. The hardest part of the job, however, is probably going to have to be keeping up with the dressing rooms and having to put all of the unwanted clothes back - the job is really truly not that hard.
Pros
fun, friendly, clean, safe
Cons
short breaks, no benefits since everybody is part time
Productive,Fun,Fast Pace
Charmer/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work and would not look for another job but need more hours. Great employee's and management . I love working with customer's getting them new outfits and great deals!
Cons
Not enough hours
Fast paced, fun cultured company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXNovember 17, 2015
Working in retail and enjoying it all depends on who you work under and with. I had a bad experience here there was a lot of talking behind peoples backs in upper management and it was not enjoyable for at all. I am one of those people that can take constructive criticism well but if you don't want to tell me what I need to fix and just want to complain about it to my co-workers than I cannot work under that.
Pros
Fast paced and fun customers
Cons
Management does not appreciate you
Great job to be at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2016
Charming charlie is a great place to work at when in school. Very flexible with hours, and always room to grow with the company.
Pros
private shopping when new stuff come out
Cons
n/a
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 3, 2015
A typical day at work would include me helping customers find exactly what they come in for and if there isn't anything specific I notify them of the current promotions. I also would be working at the registrar as needed. My managers are always there to help whenever I need assistance. They also provide me with tasks to do between customers. Though I might have a hard time with not always having what the customers are looking for, I enjoy passing on a smile to every customer I encounter.
fun enviornment
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAFebruary 12, 2016
A great company to work for. Always learning current fashion trends. Monthly bonus plans when sales goals are met. Daily support for management and DMs.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLJanuary 30, 2016
Great place to work! The management was encouraging and challenged me to come out of my shell and push sales while being respectful of customers' budget and needs.
Fun, Friendly, and Fabulous
Fashion Advisor (Current Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMarch 23, 2014
Charming Charlie is a great place to work especially if you are in school fulltime/part time. The management really cares about employees and makes sure that each person can perform tasks efficiently and effectively. The least enjoyable part of the job is markdowns that end at 1/1:30 am. If you need extra cash this is a great for supplemental income. Part time employees may work anywhere from 4-18 hours during the year (12-23 hours during the holiday season). I would not recommend as primary source of income because your hours vary weekly
Pros
discount, fun environment, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits, pay

2.8