Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Crestview Hills, KYApril 17, 2017
The managers don't respect you. They are all young and rude. My hours got cut from 20 a week to 4 or 8 a week. They have hired 4 new people with 11 already working there.
Not super stressful!
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 11, 2017
Charming Charlie was super affordable, had pretty friendly customers, wasn't very stressful either. For retail, it was laid-back. Their dress code was reasonable, if not very tattoo or piercing friendly, but it wasn't all black or super strict either. They did push the Charm Club (collecting emails) which is also how they would base your hours to an extent, which made it hard sometimes because not everyone wants to get emails to a place they hardly shop. They only got shipment once a week, so your routine was pretty set as well.
Pros
low-stress, routine, scheduling
Cons
slow, boring
decent high school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OH 45209April 10, 2017
the pay is terrible the hours are at a min since they hire so many people to work no one gets consistent hours. You stand all day and do a lot of busy work for the min the pay
Declining Opportunities
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOApril 9, 2017
This company was great until they cut all advancement opportunities and gutted the structure of the management team. I disliked my DM due to very unprofessional conduct but overall had a great experience with the rest of the sales team. Very environmentally unfriendly company. Bothersome to work for a place that has such overpriced, cheaply made objects-- that destroys and chucks them when there is a small flaw. ALSO, stopped paying a fair wage. Lowered new hire compensation, making it hard to hire valued employees. Taco Bell has an easier time hiring and a better employee outlook...
Pros
Safe, easy going environment
Cons
Environmentally unfriendly, Lack of upward mobility, basically doomed company
Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJApril 8, 2017
They are mean and they have secret shoppers come in all the time and one mistake and you are on the bad list. Sometimes things happen and your short handed.
Pros
people
Cons
long hours and no help
It's basically like going back into high school all over again
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 8, 2017
Although the managers take their jobs semi-seriously, be sure to become one of their favorite employees or they and the other associates will not treat you the way you deserve.
The job itself is very easy as long as you can sell and learn how the numbers work, but the environment the store manager provides is not a healthy or happy one.
Pros
25% discount
Cons
Managers will forget to give you a break, you will never be full time, the manager will never take your side on an issue unless you're a favorite of theirs.
Fun place to work!
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAApril 7, 2017
The staff is really nice and helpful. They provide a lot of support for new employees and make it a fun working environment. I definitely recommend working here.
Pros
You get discounts
Cons
Can get boring
Fun Workplace
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILApril 7, 2017
A typical workday would include greeting customers at the door and asking open-ended questions to help them if they needed something specific. My favorite part of the company is that everything is grouped by color, which makes it easy to find things around the store, in case a person was looking for something of a specific color. The hardest part of my job was trying not to annoy a customer by asking them the right amount of questions and by checking up on them at the right times.
Pros
Color coded
Cons
unsatisfied customers
Not great, but not horrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 4, 2017
Management did not care about sales associates. A lot of work was expected for little pay. Sales quotas were unreasonable. I would not work here again.
Fun, but you hardly ever work
Stylist Specialist (Former Employee) –  Deptford, NJApril 4, 2017
I loved my job here, but was filled with empty promises. Hours are always cut, as you can imagine the store is pretty slow most days. The job mainly consists of just standing around. But if you need just a little extra money and want to work a day or two, this job is prefect for you!
Pros
The managers really do care about you.
Cons
not enough hours

Want to know more about Charming Charlie?

Ask a question
Charming Charlie
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 30, 2017
Opening the store with a voice recording on how the the previous day was and how can we do better for the upcoming day. Setting up the floor so its visually ready for the customers. Connecting with each sales associate and inform and review with them how we are going to make the day. Coming in everyday knowing I could motivate people to do their best was the best part of my job.
Pros
Great Management experience
Cons
Buisness
Positive and full of life.
Stylist/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 30, 2017
Work was typically an exciting day. The store is full of bright and calming colors so it really makes you smile and puts you in a good mood as soon as you walk in. That's what i loved about it most.
Fun but a bit hectic
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  NEMarch 29, 2017
CC is a fast paced environment, and by fast paced, I mean the company changes policy constantly.

If you are looking for a fun, part time job, then this is the place for you.

If you want full time hours, you must be management and that is a lot more hectic and stressful than what is required of the part time associates.
Pros
fun product, great people, get to be a personal shopper
Cons
short breaks, low payroll, rapidly changing policies, not enough payroll to complete tasks
A fashionably, fun work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 28, 2017
I've loved this store from the first moment I laid eyes on it. I have learned so far how to give great customer service and how a business is ran. I wouldn't change too much about this store.
Pros
great employee discounts
Cons
call in shifts
Best management possible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMarch 26, 2017
I honestly love the culture and nature at Charming Charlie. As soon as you walk in, you feel the positive energy. Everyone is so helpful and the managers are always there for you. The job is easy but you do get to keep busy with shipment, re-organizing the store & helping customers. My favorite task is when a customer needs help putting an outfit together or help matching jewelry with their outfit. I love how they can trust me with something that means a lot because they will be wearing that in front of so many people and for such a special event. Or even if its just for vacation, they still trust us to make everything easier to find and perfect to wear.
Love My Job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 26, 2017
I started working here about two years ago and I love it! Very fun atmosphere.I love making outfits and making the store pretty, the girls I work with are great as well.
It was a terrible job to work at.
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 24, 2017
A typical day at Charming Charlie was a day you dreaded to go into work. The management didn't know how to run a business without one of the managers being there -- the store would be a wreck because they wouldn't clean, they would freak out if thieves came into the store but make charmers handle them instead of being a manager and them handling it. I really enjoyed meeting need people and the friendships that I have made while working there, the hardest part was getting fired and having to leave everyone.
Pros
Friendships
Loved it!
Full Time Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GA 30909March 21, 2017
Amazing company to work for! Fun and very exciting job. The interaction with people makes even more exciting! Our customers love us, our store and our brand!
Strong front-end / back-end retails sales manager with proven dynamic customer service
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Flowood, MSMarch 16, 2017
• Lead operational effectiveness through the merchandise flow and inventory management activities
• Plan, map, and execute all floor sets and associated updates within allocated payroll budgets and timelines
• Execute back-office operational activities including damages and stockroom organization
• Execute markdowns and re-tickets per company guidelines
Review for Style Specialist
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 14, 2017
As a Style Specialist you have the opportunity to help women find accessories and other things such as shoes, clothes, bags, etc. to find the best look possible for the desired event they are attending. The job is fun, and it is always exciting seeing women's dreams and looks come to truth.
Pros
customer service experience, learning store merchandise

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9