Charming Charlie Employee Reviews

Review for Style Specialist
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKMarch 14, 2017
As a Style Specialist you have the opportunity to help women find accessories and other things such as shoes, clothes, bags, etc. to find the best look possible for the desired event they are attending. The job is fun, and it is always exciting seeing women's dreams and looks come to truth.
Pros
customer service experience, learning store merchandise
Eh
Sale Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brinton Lake, PAMarch 14, 2017
I did not mind working there, I loved the girls I worked with and who doesn't love to work with accessories and clothes all day? The manager was not the best, my schedule would change and would not be notified though.
Pros
discount on clothes, advanced in some areas quickly
Cons
short breaks, manager stinks
Fun place to work
Visual Lead (Former Employee) –  Northborough, MAMarch 11, 2017
Overall the company is great to work for. The atmosphere is so fun! A normal day for me was to clock in, and listen to a recording that the store manager did for the day. Talking about what we did for sales last year on that day, what we need to make today, and current deals. I would then go on the floor and greet customers and help them pick out and match pieces of clothing and jewelry together. Sundays once or twice a month from 6pm -12 am we would do floor sets. Updating the sales floor with new product.
Pros
discounts-fun atmosphere
Cons
low pay rate-harder to move up
Productive and Fun for the most part
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 8, 2017
A typical day during the week is to work with customers and assist their needs. I have learned how to work with people and calm people down. The management is friendly and fun to work with for the most part. Other employees are fun and very friendly. The hardest part of the job would be to set tables, it is like a giant puzzle piece and you have to make everything fit. I would have to say that setting tables is the most fun even with it being the most challenging.
Cons
No room for raises. Very strict deadlines.
alot of work for not enough compensation
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 7, 2017
A bit of a stressful environment to work in. You did a lot of work that no one ever appreciated you for. It was not a favorite job. Some of the co workers were worth going into work every day.
A fun and diverse company to work with
Style specialist/operations (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHMarch 2, 2017
You work with many upbeat personnel all while helping customers find things she wants and she needs with the ever changing styles and demands. The management is very supportive and approachable; willing to help you learn different ways and tactics to help you advance while employed there while giving you skills you can take anywhere. A big thing i learned was to be more confident in yourself and your work. Yes you are going to have a few bad days, but who doesn't. The hardest part of my job is honestly trying to stay upbeat all the time; hear me out it is not because anyone working there, but just sometimes you have things in the back of your mind for your personal/home life. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping our customers feel good about themselves while treating themselves.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Sometimes long hours in not so comfortable shoes
Great place t o work!
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 1, 2017
I enjoyed this job very much. Work environment was great. Fun atmosphere. I really liked the people I worked with. Work culture was great.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAFebruary 16, 2017
great work environment with awesome coworkers. i didnt like how far the drive was but it was a good sales experience and it made me realize how much i loved selling and making people feel better about their purchases!
working with a fun team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZFebruary 16, 2017
I had the pleasure of working with a great group of people that I really enjoyed being around. On a typical day we would assist costumers and help them find what they needed. We would also help them pick out jewelry and outfits for special occasions.
Very polite and nice atmosphere
Style specialist (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 16, 2017
I learned how to style people in ways I never knew before using knowledge I did not have before. A typical day would consist of helping someone find the best accessory for themselves or for a loved one.
Typical Retail Employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 15, 2017
The store's mission is very interesting and inclusive. However, unless you study business or design - growing within the company and moving up in position isn't possible.
Pros
get to see the new merchandise before anyone else
Cons
no opportunity for long term growth / exclusive
Productive Place
Style Specialist (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 9, 2017
I have been working there less than a year but I have learned quite a lot since being there. The management team is very nice and professional. They are really easy to talk to and understanding of the lives the associates have outside of the company.
Fun and enjoyable
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJFebruary 9, 2017
I liked working at Charming Charlie. I love jewelry and trying it on. Working there allowed us to wear the jewelry throughout our shift as a way of trying to sell it as well. The pay and hours were good. Management worked with you to make your time there wonderful
N/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, ILFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day at Charming Charlies was slow when the store was not busy. I was a cashier and sales associate helping out customers in anything they needed.
Great atmosphere
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my time with Charming Charlie. There was more opportunity for growth within the company. However, due to many changes there are not many positions to grow into.
Fun job, works around your schedule
Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKFebruary 7, 2017
Typical day is greeting customers and trying to encourage them to buy products you'd think they would love. Helping them find what they are looking for and encourage add ons. In management there is a new "rule" if you don't make your hours you will first get a warning, next a written up and third the second written up and if you get two written up's in a 90 day period you get fired which I think is absolutely ridiculous considering some hours you have no control over. Perks is every few months we have employee appreciation weekends and we get 40% off store products.
Pros
Fun employees, Discounts
kitchen clerk
Charmer/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 6, 2017
This job keeps you busy. You do get a ton of hours which is no fun when you are in school. The pay is great and most of the time the staff is friendly.
Fun working place and good fashion
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
I loved working with young girls my age and interracting with the customers to create new looks and outfits. The customers were always very patient and respectful and we could always be happy to assist them with anything. It was all about them being right and making the customer happy.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Manager attitude
Fun place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Holly Springs, NCFebruary 3, 2017
Fun customers and fun coworkers. Wasn't happy that I was told I would be hired after seasonal and given a raise and then was fired, but overall a fun place.
Overall- great experience, but lack of benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 3, 2017
Lots of changes each year. Have very supportive upper management, and a great work environment but employee benefits are dwindling each year.
Pros
Supportive leaders
Benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charming Charlie. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9