Charming Shoppes, Inc.

Charming Shoppes, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great Place to work
Part Time Sales Lead (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 2, 2014
I loved working here. I had great co-workers and I learned many skills I can now use for other jobs.
Always felt like home.
Helpdesk Analyst I (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: you were able to have fun
Cons: pay was not so good
Everyday I wanted to be at work. Coworkers were more like family. I worked with four others and we always worked as a team.
Productive work environment
Associate Buyer (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJune 25, 2014
this a great company where you can flourish and be recognized for your work. the management team is always looking for hungry and entrepreneurial individuals who will take the calculated risk that is demanded in this kind of environment. they have a strong community culture that will allow for some great mentoring opportunities both above and below – more... you... take advantage. the hours are long but not unlike any other corporate retailer. you will have exposure to numerous facets of the business as well as various levels of management with the opportunity to showcase your skills. – less
This is good place to learn top skills
Help Desk Technician (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAMay 6, 2014
Pros: in house cafiteria
Cons: the office had no windows
A typical day at work was always a delight. I learn how to work with complete strangers. The management team always was helpful. Co workers was fun and insightful. There was not one thing hard about this job. The most enjoyable part of the job was the flexible schedule.
Not my favorite at all
Sales Associate and Freight Personnel (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 9, 2014
Cons: pay/compensation, lack of teamwork, low quality goods
I worked for this company for a few years and I was able to see the inner changes that were made. I would not recommend this company as an employer. I have seen a total lack of regard for the customer and their prefernces and needs displayed by this company.
Challenging work environment. Great manager
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 9, 2014
Pros: good managment. nice work envirnonment. loved the work i did.
Cons: none.
Interesting work. Learned a lot. Manager helped me advance.
fun place to work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Brooklyn NYMarch 11, 2014
Pros: had alot of fun meeting new people
Cons: no room for growth
this was a great place to work, with a great group of professional women.
Productive and fun people to work with. Lots of party events
Administrative Assistant to the VP of QA/QC (Former Employee), Bensalem, PANovember 12, 2013
Pros: tv in break area, activities for july 4th, great people to work for
Cons: low raises
I really enjoyed working for Charming Shoppes. I met a lot of good people that I am still friendly with. The VP's that I worked for were 2 very fair and made the work day enjoyable. They both taught me a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job were the wonderful people that were always willing to help you if you had a problem
I've been with the company for 5 years
Associate, Full time manager (Current Employee), Ohio, GeorgiaSeptember 11, 2013
Great company to work for but they are downsizing at the beginning of the year and my position will be eliminated.
Fun and relaxed enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 29, 2013
Pros: discount on clothes
Cons: i didnt recieve my last pay
This job was a clothing store called Fashion Bug. The job was fun and laid back. I enjoyed and established a good relationship with my customers and co-workers. I had a few mangers and I enjoyed them all. The hardest part of this job was dealing with thiefs but other than that I enjoyed the job.
Good Company
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), White Marsh, MDAugust 9, 2013
A happy place to work.Trained in different departments.Friendly co-workers.Management people are friendly.
Productive. sophisticated and fun workplace
Sales Associate, Lane Bryant (Current Employee), Pelham, NYAugust 6, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule, approachable management
Cons: low budget and hours available to employees
A typical day at my job involves helping guests with any questions or concerns. This can range from inquiries about clothing, bra sizes and bill payments. I also work the register every shift. I learned that in any job setting, whom you are serving, whether it be a customer, consumer or client is always first. They're needs must always be met, or at – more... least well compromised. Management is very professional and try their best to be prompt. My co-workers are very friendly, supportive and hard working. The hardest part of this job is opening credit cards with clients whom are very reluctant and the limited hours available to work. What I enjoy most about my job is helping guests find the perfect outfit and giving them a rewarding experience every time they walk into our store. In the end, that is most important! – less
Unfriendly work environment
Call Center/Tech Support (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJuly 9, 2013
Pros: pto, benefits
Cons: no training, improper management
Job involves answering calls and diagnosing issues based on POS system software or hardware issues. Typically you answer calls, fix frozen programs and order hardware for damaged machines.

The job was an intro to the help desk industry. I learned a lot about how to diagnose bad hardware from common error messages.

Management is unpleasant. Unwilling – more... to work with employees to better environment from a practical standpoint. Unhelpful. Lack of interest in making sure employees are happy or fully trained. Most learning is done by the employee by asking another employee. Problems are dealt with by punishing the employee who needs help. On average turnover is high because of this attitude towards employees.

Co-workers are fun people who are great to work with. Despite management, the employees have a great team spirit and are incredibly helpful to everyone around them.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with constantly being belittled by people on the phone and by management. A general feeling of being the bottom of the barrel persisted in the office creating a gloomy atmosphere. Also there was no recourse for a location to call in and scream at the technicians.

On the flip side talking to certain clients was incredibly enjoyable. Working together to solve problems with a store location was fun and fulfilling. Problem solving tricky issues made the job interesting.

On the whole the days off were excellent (17 PTO.) But you were often not allowed to schedule them. Benefits were excellent. Pay was below industry standard at the time of my leaving. – less
Review
HRIS Analyst/Reports Specialist (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAJune 28, 2013
Charming Shoppes, Inc is a great place to work and has excellent benefits. Relaxed culture and laid back dress code make for a relatively friendly environment
Great company that really cares about each individual employee.
Enjoyed the work of security and reporting for management.
Good pay and benefits fast paced. keeps it challenging to keep you on – more... your toes.
Working from home was a plus. team mates are great. – less
Very warm atmosphere to work
Senior EAI Middleware Architect (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAJune 26, 2013
Pros: social gatherings
Cons: few times, management becomes little chaotic.
Comfortable employment.Very convenient to Philadelphia metro area.
Great Learning Experience
Store Associate (Former Employee), Victorville, CAMay 29, 2013
The employees were great, the customers were great, and I will never forget what I have learned in the year and a half i work there
Great group of people
Director of Supply Chain & Merchandising Systems (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 28, 2013
Pros: systems support is handled by 3rd party and this provides a great work / life balance
I work with a group of extremely talent people that know our systems and how our business partners use the systems. It is a pleasure to work with this group of people.
Great People and Challenging
Sign Coordinator (Former Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 24, 2013
Pros: work/life balance
Cons: sedentary job
Management encourages teamwork and motivates you to do your best.
Production
Associate (Former Employee), Greencastle, INApril 15, 2013
My typical day was always filling orders, stocking replenishment, and inventory. I learned about the demands of Fashion Bug stores and their demand for clothing, shoes, and jewelry. Management was very good and they cared about their employees. Co-workers were team players and worked well with everyone. I did not find anything that was hard about the – more... job. The enjoyable parts were the benefits of working with the people and how the company was ran. – less
The area this store was in was friendly.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Marysville, MIApril 2, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: n/a
The Charming shoppes wasn't a bad place to work. I was a store manager for 4 1/2 years. When new upper management came in they downsized and hired people with less experience and for less money.

1 2 3 4

About Charming Shoppes, Inc.

Charming Shoppes is big in women's plus-size clothing. The apparel retailer runs more than 1,800 stores (and related websites) in – Read more