Chart Industries Employee Reviews

Really good job
Welder (Current Employee) –  New Prague, MNAugust 29, 2017
I've worked for chart for over 4 years now and still enjoy my job. Everywhere will have this person or that thing that could be better, but overall this is a really good job with really good benefits.
Lots of competition
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNAugust 17, 2017
Very competitive business requiring deep discounting. Customers are constantly shopping you for price and delivery. Must take on a low cost approach to survive.
Pros
Results oriented
Cons
Lack of long term stategy
Productive and challenging work place
Business Analysis Manager/FP&A (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJuly 19, 2017
Chart industries is a mid size company who grows through acquisitions and provides challenges and a person to wear many hats in accounting and finance.. The one constant is change
Potential to be a Top Tier Employer
Address Book Analyst / Cash Applications (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHJuly 6, 2017
I came into Chart under less than ideal circumstances as I was hired in a Temp to Perm position. My start day was pushed 1 day back in order for the company to announce to the Corporate employees that it was moving the office to GA. This changed my position to temp only and put me in a difficult spot. Still I loved working for Chart, great people to work with, overall a great company. The problem arose when it came time to transfer duties and the parties doing the hiring for the new positions in corporate didn't know what the duties were, so when they hired people, they hired too few and some lacking the necessary skillset. This type of disconnect between the higher levels of management and the employees seemed to be a common theme. Once below the top tiers of management, the rest of the managers within the company were fantastic.
Great environment, great people
Lead crane operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 20, 2017
Working at chart ind. is super chill. Your like a family there everyone wants to know how you are and how the family is doing. Super busy all the time so the day goes by fast...
Pros
Enviroment
Cons
Only con i can think of is you are outside in the elelments all day
Horrible!
Chart np (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNJune 16, 2017
Do you want a decent paying job that works you like a machine? Runs you down? Doesn't care about your well being? How about your boss constantly telling you to move faster? Or never doing a job and you have to do it because the normal operator is gone, the boss than tells you your moving to slow. If you can answer yes to all these questions consider this the place for you!
Pros
Good pay/ benefits
Cons
Work environment/ management
No work due to poor management
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 4, 2017
Company relocated due to lack of work. Company was bough out and had poor management. No bonuses or raises were given in last several years. Poor heathcare insurance options.
Pros
summer picnic
Cons
poor management
great managers
Designer, Mechanical, contractor (Former Employee) –  Burnsville, MNApril 25, 2017
people were very professional. The contract was temporary while another Designer was on maternity leave. The work was good, but did not offer much challenge.
Pros
nice company to work for
Cons
the wages were less than desired
Pay and advance
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAApril 24, 2017
Great place to work if you live near the company. In the department that I worked in, there was no room for advancement. They could not compete with larger companies with current pay scale
Excellent hours.
N.D.T. Technician (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNMarch 21, 2017
Some days you may X-Ray the same stuff all day which can get old, but most days you have a wide variety of things to do which makes the day go by fast.
Pros
Overtime is there if you want it, but not mandatory if you don't.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Productive company, good employees
Welder/Fabricator/Pipe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
I learned a lot from this company, acquired new skill sets along the way, good employees and offered good benefits but I felt that management did not treat everyone equally.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Not an equal opportunity company
Awesome work experience for a junior developer
IT Internship (Current Employee) –  Garfield Heights, OHFebruary 17, 2017
typical day: Get in and start working. I loved the environment I was in. Able to come in casually, get my coffee, put in my headphones and go at it!

Checked in with boss once a day for progress report. (Casual)

It was me and my boss only doing actual programming in the corporate office. There were teams else where that would be doing there own projects.
Pros
Casual and Friendly
Cons
Some days I would never say a single word (I liked this others may not)
Great group of people and have become close after 12+ years
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2016
My Co-workers are like family and will miss them immensely, but I believe I can contribute my skills and work ethic to help another Company succeed in the future.
inmates run the asylum
Weld Engineer (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 28, 2016
review quality issues and provide disposition for correction or rework
learned that management has no backbone with respect to union
babysitting of grown men is common
some want to do a quality job but seniority among welders creates a culture of laziness
company is serious about quality
Pros
flexible hours, good amount of autonomy
Cons
easy to see if you are not a favorite
Good People, Interesting Work
Production Quality Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 21, 2016
Local Facility was a good place to work and I never lacked the desire to get up and go to work every morning. Corporate consolidation efforts forced closing of this faciltiy
Productive learning experience
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2016
Enjoyed my time here. Worked in many different areas of Engineering.
I was exposed to and supported many different groups within organization. Being a team player helps in this type of environment.
Pros
A person is given great latitude when needed
Cons
To many cooks in the kitchen.
OK company to work for.
Assistant Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Ball Ground, GANovember 1, 2016
The company is an OK place to work. However there are a lot of people there who are related. When I was there I had the Human Relations Manager's son working for me and my Boss's wife reported to me. This caused some serious conflicts of interest. It was not a good situation to be in. However over all the people there are good people and it's a nice place to work. The shop is clean and air conditioned so it's comfortable. They have some serious quality problems caused by a lack of work instructions and prints that are not correct. They also have a lot of turn over with new employees. I was an Assistant Manager there for four years.
Pros
Good Working Conditions
Cons
Conflict of interests with too many family members working here.
put more effort on interns
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  New Prague, MNSeptember 20, 2016
interns are not properly trained, dived into work too quick, lack of guidance. otherwise, it's a very good place to work at. Full-times may be different.
Horrible staff
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAAugust 11, 2016
This place is so judgemental. Have people working there for years who still don't know everything they should. Its all favortisim in this place either you fit right in or they will find reasons to fire you...beware.
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ball Ground, GAJune 23, 2016
Fast paced company with potential for growth. Innovative. Frequent changes to help in making better processes. Coworkers were fun to work with. Many sudden demands and changes.