Charter College Employee Reviews

Excellent company
Campus President (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 6, 2017
Was an excellent company to work for for many years until government regulations caused the industry to downsize and opportunities to change. I started when the company was small and was an active part of the growth and success. The company is much smaller now and instead of running big campuses with lots of students on campus, the education delivery has evolved to an online format. The company has evolved with the changes in the industry to remain competitive and successful but in the process the job opportunities for staff were severely reduced.
Pros
got to be part of the growth and success of a progressive company
Cons
changes in the industry caused the company to downsize and lots of people lost their jobs
Non-productive and not work-life focused.
Lead Instructor Medical Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAOctober 4, 2017
The experience started out impressive and challenging. Upper management changed and were not open to faculty input. Revisions to relevant books became more difficult.
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Poor management and outdated material
Cut throat
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 26, 2017
If you don’t make numbers, you don’t stay. Company and management lacks caring about turnover rates and will hire and fire all day. Favoritism runs thick within company.
Pros
Income
Stay Away
Regional Dean of Education (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 21, 2017
The company was run by a gambler and now is run by a disreputable man. Education is not the goal of this school. It is only about taking money from unsuspecting students. They don't care about teaching, only the dollars that come in the door.
No review
I was a student it isnt a job (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAASeptember 6, 2017
This wasn't a job, I was a student at Charter College and that's it. Majority of my school I did through them was online. It was intense hard work, on average had roughly 120 assignments due every week.
Take your sanity and run...
Director of Financial (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 4, 2017
The culture here is one that promotes everyone to work countless hours "for the cause". What they don't say is that the cause is not the students but the executives pocketbook. There is large turnover due mostly in part to employee burn out. After years of putting the company first and family and health second, they don't hesitate to throw people out when an employee pushes back or stands up for themselves.
Best teamwork ever!
Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  OnlineSeptember 1, 2017
I've only taught one mod at Charter so far but am looking to many more! My program manager went above and beyond in every instance. Everyone I encountered at Charter has been totally supportive and encouraging. I am constantly reminded, "We are a team here"; and while I've heard that rhetoric in other positions, Charter College totally backs that up! AWESOME place to work as an instructor!
Pros
Teamwork, support, encouragement, work from home
Cons
A bit more training needed for new faculty, perhaps a few hours with an experienced employee, learning the nuances of the software.
okay
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAAugust 28, 2017
great office space, however very pushy SALES job. which made the job very on edge and uncomfortable, I feel would shouldn't have to SALE people to going to school, if they want to better themselves they will come to you.
Loved the school
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAAugust 2, 2017
This was the second time returning to the school due to obtaining my AA degree. I would have considered going back for my BA however they did not do well with assisting those that I have seen seeking to get their Bachelors degree.
Pros
Great teachers
Cons
Study plan were not always the best- getting assistance
Great Experience
Education Assistant to the Dean of Education (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 25, 2017
I'm glad that I got the opportunity to work at Charter College. I learned a lot, and it provided me a series of skills and experience that looks really good on my resume. The people are awesome, and although their practices can be a bit fluid, it's a great place to work.
Charter College
Student Work Study Program (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 19, 2017
This is a great company to work for they are very upbeat and happy people and are very supportive as well. they are always willing to help in any way.
Fun place to work
Director of Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAJuly 11, 2017
Positive , fun work environment that cared about its employees and students. Put a lot of effort into providing a quality work environment and also into personal development.
The worst company I've worked for
Everything (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2017
DO NOT work here. Period. They actually asked us to write good reviews on this thing, so all the positive reviews are from employees that are instructed to do so. They have a very high turnover rate. Every week, every month, scores of people are fired or quit. I started six months ago with five others, all five of us have now quit or been fired. It's a cold calling job. The management is so bad that they micromanage everything. The supervisor wants you to call everyone, if you don't, he thinks you're not doing your job. What he doesn't understand is you need to build relationships, not phone calls, you can't call people four times a week and expect them not to be annoyed. You have a Director of the program that does nothing but send emails out saying "good job" and cheerleads all day and does nothing else. At our meeting she even said a bird was a "mammal"...Didn't even know what a mammal was, and she's our Director....You have a bunch of people from University of Phoenix in management, you have people who couldn't cut it in the private sector, and now are hiding behind a desk, bunch of miserable people who couldn't cut it elsewhere, and bunch of people who need the money and are desperate. I feel sorry for them the most....DO NOT WORK HERE.
Pros
The building is nice
Cons
Management.
Very good place to work
Welding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 30, 2017
There is always something new to learn. Always interacting with new and old students. Learn to new ways to weld the same thing to be able to teach someone to the best of my abilities.
Productive work environment for being a federal work study program.
Student tech aid (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKApril 24, 2017
Working and learning at Charter College was a real humble experience to me. Charter College and both the campus manager there were so resourceful. They taught me the ins and outs of a semi, somewhat office environment. A bit different from my major that I was studying. Out of all, it was a real good learning experience.
Fun and Productive Workplace
Campus Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAMarch 29, 2017
A typical day at work consists of assisting staff, faculty, and students until graduation and beyond. The workplace culture is friendly, safe, and family-oriented. The most challenging part of the job is the workload; however, it is also the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Long breaks and event planning
Cons
n/a
April 4, 2017

We know you do a lot for our Campus and we appreciate your hard work. Thanks for being a part of the Charter College Community!

Overall Great Employment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 26, 2017
I have the honor of working with some of the greatest staff. The instructors are knowledgable the culture is lively very clean campus environment. I enjoy seeing the students graduate and make a difference in the community.
March 28, 2017

Thank you for your kind review and your commitment to our students. It’s instructors like you that make the Charter College Community wonderful!

exciting, flexible
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMarch 15, 2017
This was a great flexible part time job that I really enjoyed having. I was able to work around my school hours and still had time to study and do homework. Everyday was a little bit different, sometime I would work in student services helping file away important documents, sending out mass e-mails and more. I would also work in the library where I would check out supplies and books to other students as well as maintain inventory and organizing everything. I also worked on the nursing cohort side and did their organizing, filing, purging and more.
Pros
flexible schedule
Glad I made the choice to go to Charter College
Student (Former Employee) –  Fife, WAFebruary 25, 2017
The course started in February and is complete in October. Upon completion I will ave my Medical Assistant Certificate. I will be well versed in the following per the description on Charter's website which is, With medical assistant training, graduates can have careers in a wide variety of positions, including: Clinical or Administrative Assistant, Medical Receptionist, Medical Assistant or Medical Office Assistant. The Charter College Medical Assistant program employs a combination of clinical, technical and business skills making our graduates highly employable. Hands-on training with direct patient contact in a clinic setting is provided early in the program, preparing students well for the healthcare workplace.".
Pros
Knowlege is Power. More opportunities within reach. Self-Confidence.
Cons
Student Loans. Change.
February 28, 2017

We’re glad you chose Charter College too and we wish you the best of luck in your new career! And thanks for sticking with us through some changes - we’re always looking to make our school better for everyone.

College life
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 24, 2017
For this review, I took this job to help pay for college. I don't know much about this employer I just took the position to help pay for some of my student loans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4