Charter College

Charter College Employer Reviews

Excellent place to work
Education Assistant (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJune 17, 2013
I loved my time working at Charter college. I moved to Alaska and that was my first and only job and it made my stay in Alaska fun. The people are great and the whole work environment is excellent. i would still work there if they had a location on the East coast!
Adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor - Evenings Part Time (Former Employee), Pasco, WAJune 3, 2013
Typical technical/trade school. Little emphasis was placed on the IT program I taught. Money was okay for hourly.
A very rewarding job that I loved.
Medical Assisting Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CAMay 23, 2013
Teaching clinical lab skills to prospective students trying to better themselves.
Productive, fun and enjoyable
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 12, 2013
Pros: great experiences
Cons: very low pay
A typical day would be me assisting the Campas Technology Support Specialist in their projects and work assisting the staff and faculty at Charter College.
I learned how to add users in an Active Directory, manage myself, support a wide base of computer systems, troubleshooting network problems.
The management helped me learn to push my stress levels – more... and work better under highly stressful situations, they were enjoyable to communicate with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help and support people in my field of study. – less
Really great place to work.
Student Services Officer (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: great enviroment to work in.
Cons: incredibly low pay.
I enjoyed my co-workers and their dedication to students and education. I leaned a lot about the administratvei side of education.
To many outrageous and rediculous management decisions that hurt the company more then helped it.
Teacher's Assistant, Legal Assistant Program (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: good pay, friendly staff
Cons: no job security, huge lay off.
They cared more about the money they made then the students who they were teaching. Bought stupid dunk tanks and fountains and then complained they had no money.
Its all about MONEY and NUMBERS!!!
management (Former Employee), long beachJanuary 16, 2013
Pros: what we do for the students
Cons: everything else
It was awful working for t his company. At first they would treat you like a STAR. Once you voice out your opinion and decided not to kiss anyones butt, then they start treating you horribly.
Also, the people that they promote are the incompetent ones. Imagine working under someone who doesnt know what they are doing and taking all the credits...WOW!
Sure – more... money was great, but everyone is part time. No one stays longer cause they fire all the good ones and keep the people that are brown nosers.
The management (president) had the audacity to put down another school (well known school) to compare. The curriculum is so unorganize that they need to put another curriculum team to unorganize it again. The nursing class was suppose to launch a year ago... where is it now?! collecting dust.
Students are lied to and charged a lot of money. Then Instructors are blamed if they dont meet the number of students. They end up getting fired for not having enough students in class. Thats not how you keep good people in business. Management expect to have the instructors lure people to come to this school. WHY?! Desperation. – less
Management likes managing by fear...
Director (Former Employee), Greater Los Angeles AreaDecember 30, 2012
Pros: students
Cons: management
In all my many years of working for various companies, large and small, I have never come across anything like I experienced at Charter College. A verbally abusive campus president that would scream at students and staff alike and then claim to be passionate about his job -- what a joke!
The best part of this job were the students and some co-workers.
The – more... worst part for many at Charter is that you never know when your time is up. If you don't meet your individual goals you get fired; if you don't drink their cool aid, you get fired; if you ever disagree with management, you get fired;
I left Charter College because I did not like how employees are taken advantage of. – less
WAS considering Charter
Prospective Instructor (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CADecember 28, 2012
After reading the reviews, I am reconsidering Charter as a place to apply. I am an experienced nursing instructor who has a heart for nursing as well as the students and I cannot tolerate administrative or corporate staff making the job difficult. I'll look elsewhere.
Performance Driven
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Lancaster, CADecember 21, 2012
As an admissions rep the daily requirement are very demanding but obtainable if willing to put in hard work.
Never been treated so poorly in a workplace. DO NOT APPLY.
Former employee (Former Employee), Pasco, WADecember 4, 2012
Pros: co-workers
Cons: unstable, no job security, disrespect, lies, manipulation all from management
READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING.

Don't get me wrong, the College was a great for a paycheck and all my co-workers were awesome. It was the way management (Dean and the campus president) ran the school. Promises were made that were broken, the way the admissions team LIE to prospective students so they can make the numbers and get their – more... commission.

If you are looking for a stable position to have, do not apply here. At all of their campuses, the turn over rate is so high, people outside the company know about it. If you want to apply for Charter College, go for it. Just know that even though you may sign an offer letter and get promises from your management they are mostly likely not true.

REMEMBER: This is a business where their mission statement is to make as much money as possible regardless how they treat their employees. – less
Assisted Registrar around my class schedule.
REGISTRAR'S ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Anchorage, AlaskaNovember 4, 2012
Pros: worked close to class.
Cons: none.
This was a part time entry level position that I took while maintaining a full time class schedule.
Great Place To Work
Application Specialist (Current Employee), RenoOctober 27, 2012
Pros: great benefits good leadership team
Cons: none i can think off.
I have been working in the education industry for over 17 years. Charter College is by far the best place I have worked. The benefits are great and I actually enjoy going to work in the morning.
Fast paced environment, challenging work, lots of intergrity and changing people's lives
Admissions Representative (Current Employee), Pasco, WASeptember 20, 2012
Pros: fast paced, lots to learn, great people to work with. good benefits.
Cons: no downtime.
I don't like to be bored and there is no opportunity for that at Charter College. The campuses are full of students that are there to get their education fast and get to work, the staff is there to help the students achieve their goals.
I learn something new everyday and know it is up to me to work well in a team enviroment. There is always someone – more... there to help me when I don't know what to do, and I love the people that I work with. I especially appreciate seeing the results at graduation when students get to start the next step in their lives. If you are looking for a place to work hard and see the rewards of your work, Charter College is a great fit! – less
I love helping people
40-week ACICS accredited Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, WASeptember 19, 2012
Pros: helping others
Cons: short breaks
I went back to school to achieve my dream of helping people and what better way than in the medical field. I am looking forward to a long and rewarding career working in the medical field.
productive
Pharmacy Technician Instructor / CPR Instructor (Current Employee), LancasterSeptember 14, 2012
It was a blast when it was good and was horrible when it was bad.
Negative workplace; Poor quality curriculum; Worst career school I have ever worked for
Dean of Education (Former Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 8, 2012
Work day started anywhere between 7:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and ended anywhere between 7:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. Usual work day was 14 hours. School grew from 200 students (when I arrived) to over 500 students six months later; from 10 teachers (when I arrived) to 30 education employees (when I left) without supervisor allowing me to increase my management – more... staff. High absenteeism among teachers - as I usually ended up covering for them, that again substantially increased my work load. School management was poor - school president was not good at getting her managers to work as a team to manage the school. Corporate management was very poor and not at all supportive of school managers nor open to suggestions from school managers. Education Management staff at the corporate level did not really interface with school managers and anything we got from corporate was poor quality, especially the curriculum. Many of the corporate people were extremely rude to school employees. The hardest part of the job was trying to do your job in a non supportive environment. Many of teaching staff were almost illiterate - their writing was incomprehensible, impossible to understand; and sometimes their oral communications were the same. Most of the school employees were constantly trying to undermine their fellow staff members. It was impossible to try to get them to work as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the students who wanted to get started in a new career. – less
Micro-managed; no job security; Campus motto, "Believe of Leave"
Registrar (Former Employee), Pasco, WAAugust 28, 2012
Busy, busy, busy! Juggled mutliple tasks at once, which I enjoyed and helped people which I also enjoyed.
Learned if you weren't of a certain religion or if you were a woman with an opinion, you didn't fit well in this organization.
Management used the micro-manage technique and negative reinforcement to coach employees.
Some co-workers enforced their – more... positions expectations over yours causing a disention amongst employees and departments.
The hardest part of my job was dealing with all the inconcistancies, the harsh negative reinforcement, and the attitude that if you don't like it, leave. Believe in the Campus President and his way or they will make you leave.
The most enjoyable was the type of work, the students, and some of my co-workers who exhibited similar morals and ethics as myself. – less
Employees are a commodity and not people
anonymous (Current Employee), anonymousAugust 28, 2012
Pros: hhmmmm... trying to think of something...
Cons: no job security, disrepect, employees treated very poorly.
There's no balance between personal and work life. Long, long, hours. No paid holidays. Let me clarify that again, NO PAID HOLIDAYS. No respect for employees. Supervisors get away with being rude and unprofessional toward employees. Budgets are balanced on the backs of employees. If profit goals aren't met, good hard working people are laid off. There's – more... no job security regardless of your position. Corporate management is out of touch with the day to day operations and management decisions reflect that. – less
Terrible
Admissions Representative (Former Employee), BellinghamAugust 8, 2012
Pros: decent salary
Cons: management, turnover, cons
Went to work for the company and quickly recognized that the company takes advantage of the students and employees. They shaft prospective students in to believing that Charter College is the way to go when in all actuality, they create a large amount of debt, credits that don't transfer and training for positions that will never pay enough for those – more... students to pay off their debt. Most co-workers were good to work with however management was absolutely terrible. If you want to contribute to the continual decline in reputation of for-profit schools, shaft, typically lower income students in to a ton of debt and work for poor management, this is an excellent place for you. This school is a con and I'm happy that I removed myself from this place. I sleep better now. – less

About Charter College

Fortunately for some, you don't need an official charter to make your way to the fast track. Through an accelerated semester schedule, – Read more