Charter College Employee Reviews

it was exciting getting to teach students all the things i know
Lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKJune 25, 2016
when I was employed as a lab assistant with charter before I enjoyed getting to work with the students and make out lesson plans and teach them how to carry out the tasks that they will be doing and using in their everyday life as medical assistants
Pros
becoming advanced at the skills being performwed
Cons
seeing students with the potential to succeed and do well drop the profram due to personal reasons
Corruption and deceit. Unethical.
Career Services Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 24, 2016
I have never encountered such an unethical and dirty company. Management is poor, they lie, cheat, and steal to get to where they are. I would not trust one manager in the company. Empty promises abound. I would never advise working here if you are an honest person, you will be corrupted!
Management plays ping pong
Library (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 10, 2016
Upper Management makes decisions on their own ignoring feedback from those who may have differing thoughts and when it doesn't work out, money is lost and the student's suffer.
Agile companies are important but communication in an agile company is what makes it successful. Although there were quarterly meetings with all staff, it was always a one way communication. There is no job security. Management plays favorites.
Pros
Paid well
Cons
No communication. No job security
Passion for Education or Money
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAJune 7, 2016
Sink or Swim, essentially what happens in a for-profit admissions office. Lots of lead follow up, minimum 150 call a day. Cubicle life for major of your days. A sales job with out the commission nor a quality product. Bureaucracy filled company.
Pros
M-F schedule
Cons
Plenty
June 10, 2016

We’re disappointed to read your review, but glad that you’ve decided to move on from your role at Charter College, as you don’t seem to share the same passion for helping others improve their lives as we do. Admissions representatives have a very important and difficult role to fill. While they must present Charter College as an education option to prospective students, and this, of course, does include some sales-like behavior, they also must advise students what’s best for them and the career they wish to pursue. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

June 23, 2016

We’re disappointed to read your review, but glad that you’ve decided to move on from your role at Charter College, as you don’t seem to share the same passion for helping others improve their lives as we do. Admissions representatives have a very important and difficult role to fill. While they of course must present Charter College as an education option to prospective students, and this, understandably, does include some sales-like behavior, they also must advise students what’s best for them and the career they wish to pursue. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

Great Atmosphere
Career Services Officer (Current Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMay 31, 2016
Good People to work with and always there to help out. They have awesome management and they listen to your concerns. Love helping our Graduates to find a place to work in there career field.
June 6, 2016

Thanks for being a great member of the Charter College Team!

Highest Turn Around Rate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAMay 17, 2016
No job security. At least 1 person fired a month. Numbers and percentages used to grade work performance are arbitrary at best and the entire admissions department is equivalent to used car sales. Over priced education packaged and sold as "changing lives" has never been more false in advertising.
Pros
They have health insurance.
Cons
No position is safe from being terminated at any length of time.
May 24, 2016

We’re disappointed to read your review, but it is clear you didn’t believe in the Charter College mission of changing lives. We’re proud of the education we provide and the achievements of our students and graduates. Furthermore, we’re proud that over 90% of our employees surveyed would recommend Charter College to a friend. We understand that helping others better their life can be a difficult job and it’s not a perfect fit for everyone, so we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Great co workers and a good place for students to earn a fast-paced college degree
Admissions Representative - Sales (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 5, 2016
Fast- paced sales environment with focus on interviewing and enrolling qualified prospective students My day consisted of calling prospective students or "leads" and following up with old leads, booking Admissions Interviews, and interviewing prospective students to identify their needs and present a solution which will allow them to further their education. As a team, we were given "individual sales goals" but we were always available to help another team member with appointments, etc. in order to achieve the total "team goal" As Admissions Representatives, we were required to meet monthly sales goals and maintain high metrics.

I enjoyed the opportunity to help students overcome obstacles and provide a plan for them to start and graduate from college.
Pros
Great co workers, knowledeable managment, good students
Cons
Health benefits are expensive, no sense of job security
No ethics
Enrollment processor (Former Employee) –  UtahApril 20, 2016
Change hours without warning management talks down to you, they are in the business of education but don't support their student employees. All around no good wish I would have listened to reviews and taken another job for less pay.
Pros
Get paid
Cons
Everything else
April 22, 2016

While we’re always sad to see one of our employees go, it seems as though you were not happy at Charter College, so we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors. We hope that you addressed your concerns with Human Resources, but if not we will still look into the matter.

Productive, interesting, interaction with students
Library/Bookstore Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 18, 2016
I would complete my homework if I was not assigned any work related tasks. I have learned many ways of communicating with other peers in the school that I learn to interact and act accordingly as professional as possible with them. This job was basically simple and easy to work with and I enjoy working with other people.
Pros
computer usage during and after hours
Cons
Discontinued turdoring sessions
April 19, 2016

Thanks for all that you did to help our Charter College Community! We also value tutoring and while we have changed the way we offer tutoring services to our students, it is still available.

Instructors motivated by student success - OUR bonus
Instructor, General Studies/Business (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WAApril 7, 2016
It was my experience in over three years that I never saw a fellow instructor give up on a student. We were salary and quite often worked beyond 40 hours a week, approaching 50-60 hours, but for the love of our students, it was well worth it. Management agreed to implement a student study hall that was staffed with faculty assistance, something they didn't have to do - hats off! Nursing students were given so much support to do well on critical liscensure tests. Don't listen to whiners. Some students didn't have a positive experience. Never forget - you get out of a program what you put into it. Charter College you rocked it! Way to make a difference in THOUSANDS of students lives. One of the best experiences of my life.
I enjoy going back to class and leaning new stuff it stimulates my brain.
Student (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CAMarch 29, 2016
I enjoy reading and searching for material that is needed in class projects and writing what is necessary, and do on line reports and enter into online group conversations three times a week. Leaning new stuff it stimulates my brain.
Pros
Learning new things for an old guy is hard but to retain it is even harder, but enjoyable.
Cons
There is alot of reading. Be prepared.
Misleading Recruitment Basis
Prospective Applicant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 16, 2016
I just attended a group interview for their Admissions Representative position. Despite their attempts to turn coal into diamonds, the only pressure they generated was on my patience. Starting off by indicating the comparatively horrible reputation of institutions like your own is never a good tactic - nor is it acceptable to continually repeat "This is Sales, Let's be Real". If you desire reality so much, let me lay it out for you.

100 calls per day
2+ interviews per day
3-4 enrollments a week.

Do you know what this is? I think you can guess - it's a telemarketing sales position, dressed up with some technological advancement to take on the guise of college 'recruitment'. Quick tip from someone with a little experience in call center sales - repeatedly saying 'slam-dunk' regarding a sale, even in the negative, shows your true perspective and goals; not the customer-friendly image you are trying to show. My constant issue in the small amount of time that half-interview took was the repetition of negative language, making a meal of minimalizing the poor reputation of their type of business. If they had instead focused on what they did _better_ than their competitors, I would be far more amenable to their schtick.
Pros
Short
Cons
Went there
March 18, 2016

We understand that the role of admissions representative isn’t a fit for everyone and we’re glad you were able to discover this relatively early. Admissions representatives have a very important and difficult role to fill at Charter College; they must not only advise students what’s best for them but also what is best for the school and this, of course, does include some sales type tasks. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck with your job search.

Not a good place to work, on it's way out.
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 10, 2016
Company only really cares about money, not employees. Telecommuting was the only good thing about this job. Other than that, the company was lead with a dollar first, people second, mentality. If that's what you like, then this is for you. If not, stay away.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
benefits are terrible. leadership is non existent.
March 16, 2016

We’re disappointed to read your review. While we are a business and must pay close attention to finances, our first priority is and always will be our students and employees. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Productive and fun place to work.
Adjunct Online Instructor (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 24, 2016
Very flexible with hours. Online remote teaching, and meetings are done in a nice timely manner. Program Directors are GREAT to work with, and the school tries to balance classes over several instructors.
working here
Admissions (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CAJanuary 19, 2016
worked with company for quite some time, like any other organization they have their ups and downs. NO other comments!!
Charter College
Career Services Officer/Externship Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WADecember 28, 2015
Charter College has been very good to me. If you are interested in managing a campus and seek new adventures, I highly recommend applying to become a campus manager.
I learned a lot at this school
Legal Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CADecember 9, 2015
Fun place, great instructors, wonderful staff. I graduated in the year 2011, and continued to come to their job course and that is how I got my job at Henen Law Corp.
Pros
Meet a lot f graet people
Cons
short amount of time
Productive and fun.
Student massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 10, 2015
A fun and productive place. A typical day at work would include setting up our table, greeting our clients to their room, conducting a client interview, assessing their tissue health, and giving the client a personalized massage. Afterwards cleaning/sanitizing your massage area is essential.
Fast paced, change fueld place to work
Financial Aid Officer (Former Employee) –  Pasco, WANovember 6, 2015
Charter College is a nice place to work. Change is what Charter College does, in order to be successful at Charter one must be able to roll with the punches so to speak. There is room for advancement but not in all areas of work.
A company who lets people who have been there years go in a heart beat
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CANovember 1, 2015
very self centered business who doesn't care about the students or their employees. I was both at one point and once they got me undercontract with loans they really screwed me.
Pros
get to study where you work
Cons
go from one on one teaching to teaching yourself online, all without your consent or approval

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter College. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5