Charter Communications Employee Reviews

Great co-workers
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Newtown, CTAugust 31, 2015
Pros: working with customers
Cons: ever changing expectations
I really enjoyed the job. My direct management did a great job. They were very helpful and a joy to work with. The part that was very difficult to deal with was the ever changing policies and expectations. I fully understand that change is needed to advance the company BUT it was done sooo.... many times and with a clear disregard to the employees.
Great company-a good sales position
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Chicopee, MAAugust 30, 2015
Nice place to work. Excellent leadership. The work/life balance in the sales department is strong. If you work hard you are rewarded and well compensated.
Production Based and Enjoyable Co-workers
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Company Events - Cookouts, Helps with communities
A workflow schedule is assigned each day due to the amount of people that are in the department. The department is production based.
The co-workers all get along and we teach each other so everyone is on the same page of the department.

The department gets stressfull when the department is short handed on help
No comment
Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAAugust 27, 2015
When I worked for Charter they were going through growing pains with a new call center in WA. Within short period of time jobs were cut.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCAugust 26, 2015
Pros: Free cable, Internet and good pay
Cons: follow the call flow or else, tracking system
Great pay. Hourly and commission for the position of sales rep. However, the grading or tracking of your sales numbers are left to be desired. You are to try and sell Internet, phone and cable to new or existing customers. Ok, problem is calls that you don't sell on count against your numbers. That means if someone calls and they don't speak English, it counts against you; someone calls and they have bad debt with charter, it counts against you; even if you get hung up on, we'll you get the point. And of course, YOU MUST FOLLOW THE CALL FLOW. Other than that, wonderful coworkers, some cool supervisors and free legal cable.
Great benefits and training
Technical Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: benefits, training, known expectations
They let you know exactly what is expected of you, and as of late they are very sensitive to your needs and will work with people in terms of attendance. As long as you can learn a new skill when Charter teaches it, you will do well here.
Long Hours
Warehouse Supervisor I (Current Employee), Suffolk, VAAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Discount on Cable Service
Cons: Long Hours
Each day at Charter is different from the last. Each day brings its on challenges. The key is to priorities work and have a plan to complete each task on time.
Awesome coworkers always willing to lend a hand
Installer Repair Technician II (Former Employee), Charleston, WVAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Learning a new trade
Cons: Learning to climb utility poles for the first time.
Perform and developed proficiency in cable installations on customer premise
Provided customers with facts on all equipment placed on site
Resolved problems and repaired aerial and underground cable for customers and company grounds
Supportive Working Environment
Commercial Coordinator to Key Account Rep (Former Employee), Wausau, WIAugust 20, 2015
I worked for Charter Communications for over 15 years combined. and was given the tools and training to be successful in my roles. There was job shadowing opportunities as well as travelling to seminars. In addition, I was able to visit commercial accounts and establish relationships face to face. I worked in a team environment and enjoyed the combination of working individually and with my team.Charter is continually adapting to the changing technology environment and business needs.
They provide excellent medical benefits and other perks. Overall, the company provided a good life balance and allowed me to spend time with family.
Positives:
1) Continually being challenged
2) The people at Charter Communications- they're a really dynamic, supportive and exciting group of people.
Negatives:
1) For me, the biggest negative was the travel.
2) The hardest part of the job was when my position was eliminated in June 2015.
Enjoyed the Job
auditor (Current Employee), St. Louis, MoAugust 20, 2015
The job was nice and relaxed. Minimal supervision. Work at your own pace, but also have to have self discipline to achieve goals.
Great Company
BAE Business Account Representative (Former Employee), Roseburg OregonAugust 17, 2015
Great working environment with great benefits. Best part of job was working with different people each and every day. Management was always good to work with.
The management is very incompetent
Broadband Tech Sr (Former Employee), irwindale, caAugust 17, 2015
Pros: mostly on your own on the field
Cons: trying to communicate with management
Routing of jobs every morning is a typical task for the dispatch/flex department/I learn a new problem everyday/management is not always consistent/my coworkers are the best/the hardest part of the job would be customer relations/the most enjoyable part of the job is the reward when i would fix the issue for the customer
Challenging and Fulfilling
Broadband Technician (Current Employee), Carrollton, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Job satisfaction, work under complete autonomy
Cons: uncontrollable elements that effect metrics negatively
My day generally begins around 6;30 am. From my work tablet, I am able to see my workload for the day. There are several applications that can help techs troubleshoot prior to arrival. I use this time to research customers equipment that may be outside of Charter specifications. I can see trends that may give me an idea of what to look for when I log on to the jobs. Once logged on job, I have a regiment that has served me well. My meter is my most trusted companion and confirms instincts that have developed from hands on, in field work. As no two jobs are the same, I learn something new every day. Management is hands off for the most part and team play from colleagues are our primary support along with dispatch and ITT support. My primary function is the RF integrity for drop system from street to premise, equipment variables, and customer satisfaction. The superior training I received has helped me to become the most consistent technician in our office in meeting goals with a customer satisfaction routinely at 95%. Without fail, a job well done and a happy customer is by far the most rewarding aspect of my job.
horrible place to work no flexibility
Customer Care Representative (Billing) (Current Employee), VancouverAugust 12, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no schedule flexibility, no unpaid time off, horrible management
I should've known what I was getting myself into, applying for a call center job. the pay kind of blinds everyone. its good pay but not for the stuff and less than polite people that you have to put up with. you cant take unpaid time off. they lie to you in the interview saying there's an 85% chance you'll get 2 days off in a row, then in training learn there's an 85% chance you will get split days off. my friend's great grandmother passed away, and they refused to let her have the day off for her funeral because they decided she wasn't close enough family. I have nothing good to say about this company.
Task centered; responsibilities matched authority given to complete.
Consultant (Former Employee), Stamford, CTAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Authority to complete matches responsibilities
Cons: Tendency to put people in silos
Typical week involved receipt of assignments, with expected completion times.

Many had huge workloads and had to focus only on execution.

When time was available to identify process simplifications, management was generally receptinve.
Very competitive environment
Excellent Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Simpsonville, South CarolinaAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Area Space
I learned about different features of each product and how it will benefit the customer and their families.Management was very supportive because they would monitor our calls and giving feedback whether I was during well or not. The hardest part of my job was to not be able to help the customer due to lack of products. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying the customer needs and how they would thank me for doing so.
Needs help in Upper Management
Technical Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 9, 2015
Pros: The people that work there are fun to be around, OOSA
Cons: Pay, advancement opportunites
This job could be so much better, stability is not there, change is constant, always contradict themselves, one day they want you to be unique, the next day they want you to be scripted.
Good start off job, but not a long term career
Phone Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 8, 2015
Pros: long breaks, great healthcare, gym onsite
Cons: promotion opportunities are limited, employees are more like a number not a person
This job is good for people who need to be employed right away. However, I would not make this a long term career. It is too hard to advance, there are certain cliques and crews and if not in the right one your career will be at a stand still.
ok
Business Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 7, 2015
late hours. ok money once you move up. can be a fun environment. good if you like sports. too many young employees, their work ethic lacks. good clientele, respectable.
great people
ADVANCED BROADBAND INSTALLER (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TXAugust 6, 2015
a typical day is hard work, new people, and enjoyable experience that you can learn from. i learn something new everyday i love it.