Charter Communications Employee Reviews

charter
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 28, 2015
•Handled escalations from customers to find a immediate resolution to problems such as cable outages and delays in construction.

•Assist Broad Band Installers and System Technicians with troubleshooting high speed cable equipment and network outages.

•Received 90-150 inbound calls per day, responded to 200+ escalated emails per day and also rerouted jobs to ensure customer satisfaction.
I'd rather work for them than be a customer
Cable Technician (Former Employee), WisconsinJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, company vehicle, tuition reimbursement
Cons: Bad communication, self serving management
Working for Charter was great. I enjoyed what I did and who I worked with. The benefits in retrospect were excellent. Had they existed where I moved to I would have stayed with them. I learned a lot of skills and a trade that I want to remain in.

However, everything has it's down side. The corporate mentality at the top was obvious. It's now run by a CEO who is more interested in making the company – more... as big as possible rather than being a provider of great service and value. As a customer, I can understand why people hate cable companies. And unfortunately, Charter is no different in that regard than Time Warner or Comcast.

The communication between departments was lacking at best. It felt like high school, a bunch of people in groups doing their own thing not sharing or working with other departments on issues that affected both of them. Also, when I considered moving to a different department, I was not given the opportunity to interview for positions I was qualified for.

However, I had a job security and I worked in a culture that promoted retention over replacement. In the end, I would recommend working for Charter. – less
Great co-workers
CUSTOMER SERVICE SALES CENTER REP (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJuly 27, 2015
Pros: great comission to be made
Cons: schedule changes almost daily
none.................................................................................................................................
ok job
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), MOJuly 27, 2015
low pay
good people
great benefits
job sercurity
pay doesnt match job duties
good coworkers
learned a lot
learned a lot industrial work
Face paced always changing work
Video Repair Specialist II (Current Employee), Worcester, MassachusettsJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free cable, internet and phone ; healthcare; various corpoate discounts
Cons: low advancement opportunicties, works holidays
I answer phone helping customer all day with video repair and/or billing issues. Charter is all about the metrics and I feel not enough for the customer. Charter is too compartmentalized to be helpful sometimes. You can be bombarded by negativity from both customers and management at time.
Charter Communications
Direct Sales Associate (DSR) (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 26, 2015
This job was great! Great Training! Great people to work with. The benefits are wonderful!
It was a flexible job for sure. The money is good if you can put the effort into it.
However sales is rough and wasn't something for me. Its a tough job thats for sure but if you can put the work into it and if you're not the type to give up then this could be for you.
productive fun environment to work in.
Broadband installer/ Repair Technician/ Sales Rep (Current Employee), Glendale, CAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: free gas with comany vehicle
Cons: none.
daily interaction with customer, you will learn to use basic and cable tools. you will climb poles crawl under houses. face challenges at every job and be monitored by management throughout the day to ensure quality of the company.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: doesnt work for single parents at all times
Charter Great place to work. great benefits. you meet great people. culture is lived. Believe in professionalism and being professional at all times. Full of changes that you must adapt to very fast.
Not an awful job if you enjoy hard selling
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Walworth, WIJuly 22, 2015
Not at all a bad company to work for, and the benefits are good. The management cares about its employees, and morale is typically good.
it was a job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Reno NevadaJuly 22, 2015
Pros: free services
Cons: Management
Did not enjoy my overall time at Charter. Management seemed to not really care about its employees other than getting the job done. I would not recommend to others.
Set schedules for employees.
billing representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2015
I would take a phone call every six minutes for eight hours a day. They take good care of there employees, yet it doesn't always feel like it. They need to change some policies on overly rude customers. To work in this environment you need to have tough skin and management that is willing to work go to bat for you.
customer service / sales associate / lead
Day of Service Lead (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: set schedule
Cons: call quality
answering phones, assisting customer with questions or concerns, trouble shooting problems and finding solutions, assisting reps with difficult calls or problems.
It was alright at first
Advanced Broadband Installer (Current Employee), Janesville, WIJuly 12, 2015
Cons: Denied vacation time constantly
Learned a lot, stressful, pressure to work harder/faster for little pay. They give you little time to do a proper job and why am I not going faster but then complain that I fly through jobs without checking everything. Management/ higher ups treat you poorly, the scorecard they hand out every month makes you not excited, just brings morale down.The turn over rate for techs is quite high because of all this.
A great learning environment
Accounts Receivable Rep II (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 12, 2015
Pros: great benefits, great hours, ability to move up in the company
Cons: none
Charter Communications provided me with a wealth of knowledge. I was able to move around the company and learn a variety of jobs. It was fun, fast paced, and never boring. I appreciate and still use the information that I gained from this company.
A great place to work.
Store Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Management, Co-workers
Cons: None that I can think of
Charter was an great place to work, I was sad when I decided to move and not be able to transfer to another Charter. The Management was great, always able to help you learn and grow with the job, always encouraging you to move to the top.

A typical day at work would be assisting customer with payments, services questions, and selling of services. Also making sure accounts were corrected if need be and the office was clean daily.

Co-workers were great to work with, help keep the atmosphere up and make work very enjoyable.

The hardest part of the job would have to be when you couldn't provide services to a customer because of being located outside Charter's reach. Never like seeing a sadden customer.
Gave 25 years of loyal service to be let go with no option to return!
Regional Construction Manager II (Former Employee), MichiganJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Good Company
Cons: No job security
I worked for Charter for over 25 years in management . I was responsible for managing the system upgrades so that advance services could be offered like High speed data, digital TV and phone. After all this I was let go in 2008 due to downsizing! I've tried over a dozen times to get a job back with Charter but have never been contacted for a interview.
A Day in a Life @ Charter!
E-Rate Account Administrator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Benefits Package, Advancement Opportunities & the Cafe'
Fast paced, fun and friendly environment. I would say the culture embodies a "WORK hard so that you can PLAY Harder" concept. People are really committed to their jobs and this is a place where the job is committed to the people. The hardest part of the job for me was getting over the training curve outside of that Charter was an awesome place to work. The benefits package is amazing & if you're lucky enough to work @ the corporate office, the cafe' is a REAL treat but the work out room is the cherry on top!
Life at Charter Communications
Transport & Capacity Engineer I (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Good Team
Cons: Poor Management
In my current position, I am responsible in assisting the Charter Business team in executing project plans, service sales and the management of Charter Communications Cable customer resources, by tracking the needs of our customers and placing orders with Communication vendors to add infrastructure and capacity needed for new Ethernet and Wave network circuits that will be added to the Charter Business – more... inventory. I assist in the evaluation of Quotes for new and existing circuits in order to ensure the most efficient use and operation of existing Ethernet services. I also work closely with our vendors to evaluate leased fiber capacity options, manage colocation agreements, and work with numerous internal and external corporate customers to assist in the management, turn-up and testing of all Ethernet and capacity circuits in the Charter Network. – less
Charter
Internet and Phone Repair (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Great pay and benefits, but the company likes to micro-manage, and is always constantly changing policies and procedures while you are helping out the customer. Supervisors and Senor reps never take the calls if the customer is wanting to talk to a supervisor
Professional environment
Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
Cons: We are required to work atleast 1 or 2 holidays a year
Very Laid back and friendly atmosphere. I really learned to have patience for even the most irate customers. All of the managers and supervisors are very approachable. Hardest part of job is not trying to take paid or unpaid time off because it is offered so much in the slow part of the year.