Charter Communications

Charter Communications Employee Reviews

Charter
Internet and Phone Repair (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Great pay and benefits, but the company likes to micro-manage, and is always constantly changing policies and procedures while you are helping out the customer. Supervisors and Senor reps never take the calls if the customer is wanting to talk to a supervisor
Professional environment
Agent (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Hour Lunch
Cons: We are required to work atleast 1 or 2 holidays a year
Very Laid back and friendly atmosphere. I really learned to have patience for even the most irate customers. All of the managers and supervisors are very approachable. Hardest part of job is not trying to take paid or unpaid time off because it is offered so much in the slow part of the year.
Fast paced collection enviroment
Charter Communications Team Supervisor (Former Employee), Waycross, GAJuly 1, 2015
Working as a first party collection manager is a highly demanding job. The hardest part is learning to balance meetings, reports, time for each agent reviews, agent work-ons, reviewing calls, and handling irate customer calls. All of this was a typical day at the office. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the progress you had made after a hard days work.
Very nice people but wasn't the type of job that was promised at hire.
Business Account Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MNJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Nice people, good benefits and health insurance.
Cons: Poor training and support, unrealistic goals and expectations, cattle call where customer is a number not number one.
I really liked all the people I met there however I was lead to believe that my skill set as a very experienced sales professional would assist me in big commission opportunities. Unfortunately, the job was more like a cattle call in a call room setting where I was severely restricted in using my tried and proven sales skills because they wanted me to follow a script about 95% and didn't spend much time in training. My sale close ratio and big sale success was very good but the quantity of sales couldn't suffice a minimally acceptable income for me. The goals seemed unrealistic and with a high turn over of employees it became evident it wasn't a good fit.
Great benefits, horrible managment
Technician Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOJune 30, 2015
Charter is a nice place to work if you are young and not experienced. for those, like me, who have been in the customer service field for a while, we notice the horrible un-controlled structure of the company. The management is all over the place. Rules seem to be made up as they go along, besides the foundation rules you find in any company. We were constantly switched around from manager to manager who each had a different way of doing things in which you had to adapt. In my 9 months of working with charter I had 5 managers.

You are lying to customers because no one really has the right answer. Once again, its the blind leading the blind. But on the bright side, you get cheap charter services and iffy benefits. I was paying almost $400 a month for a family of 5 in benefits. Once I quit, it took them 5 days to change my $15 a month bill to almost $500 a month. Be careful with that.
Productive enviroment
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Great place to work, a lot of room for advancement if you know how to do your job well. Also management knows what they are doing
Meeting people going door to door and building relationships.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), St. Louis MO.June 27, 2015
My day with Charter would start with me going out canvassing the neighborhood I was assigned then, eventually I would start hitting my doors to interact with my homeowners.
Manual Labor
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJune 24, 2015
Bad supervisors, poor equipment, work in all weather, low pay, Co workers were fine but always working alone. No teamwork involved with job. Poor policies for employees.
Be careful of which department you choose to work in!
TTM (Current Employee), MOJune 24, 2015
Pros: Occasional free lunches, some paid holidays
Cons: Vacation process and promotion process
Their is a major gap in communication among the different departments which causes conflicts with your responsibilities and your performance metrics. Management can be pretty self serving also. The best part of the day is when I take a break or lunch.
great job
Broadband Technician Sr (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 23, 2015
had fun at work,earned Broadband Technician Sr certificate,management was fair,co-workers great,hardest part of the job was the weather,enjoyable part we all got along well
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milledgeville, GAJune 22, 2015
The atmosphere is great. The management is helpful and the pay is nice. The people are friendly and management works with you anyway they can.
call center with great incentives
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJune 22, 2015
Pros: high moral in the call enter and great incentives to excell
Cons: indecisive policies
A typical day in the call center, would entail myself, answering inbound calls, where i'm prepared to troubleshoot Charter communications cable boxes, by means of working jointly with the customer over the phone to restore cable services to the customer. During each troubleshooting session, i would consider all possible reasons/system malfunctions responsible and would troubleshoot accordingly. While adhering to all of call center core metrics i was able to assist my customers efficiently with a high energy of customer service. Any issue that could not be resolved via over the phone trouble shooting steps, required me to access dispatch quota, and schedule a technician to be dispatched to the customers home to service the cable equipment.
The most enjoyable part of my day, is when I'm able to restore a customers services over the phone, sparing the customer a lengthy wait period for a technician, while saving the company the unnecessary cost of further troubleshooting the equipment in the home of the customer. which in turn reflected on my employment scores and metrics.
Productive and fun workplace.
Quality Specialist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2015
Pros: Free services
This is a fun and customer engaged company to work for. Every day is a new challenge and this company takes care of their employees
Good place for growth
Broadband Installer (Current Employee), Overland, MOJune 17, 2015
Pros: steady job
Cons: Everyone wants to (pass the buck) and take no responsibility
If you can deal with all the BS from top management and ridiculous policies you're ok. The workload is a lot however, no one seems to care about it once you're in the field. Dispatch is useless. Most of the time managers are somewhere else. Workforce "assumes" every job will only take 2 hrs
Ok job
Broadband Technician (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
you will get what you put into the job. Job changes daily, metrics change monthly. Easy to move up when upper management wants to move you up.
Cool Place to work
Quality Specialist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 16, 2015
Cable is practically free! People are awesome! Many job opportunities. Not that great for raises. Some departments no chances for bonuses. But overall good place.
Average pay. Good benefits
Senior Sales Representative III (Former Employee), Calabasas, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: Good benefits Some opps for advancement
Average pay. Good benefits Some Opportunities for advancement
Equipment supplier for company has inferior
products
Great Starter Into The Telecommunications Field
Field Technician IV (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2015
Pros: Self-Advancement Opportunities, Great Compensation
Cons: Lack of communication, upper management out of touch
It's been some time since I worked for Charter Communications and from what I've heard through the grapevine much has changed, but when I was working there things were pretty great. It was a great start to my Telecommunications career. The benefits were great, the compensation was FANTASTIC, and the self advancement opportunities were plenty.
Good company but bad management.
Workforce Administrator Technical (Former Employee), Reno, NVJune 11, 2015
Pros: Free cable services, good benefits, 4 floating holidays a year
Cons: Management, lack of advacnement
Typical day is a consistent pace of go, go, go with emails, vacation requests and managing quota and workforce. Makes the day go by quickly cause there is always something for you to be doing and most days the work load is just enough to be stressful at times but able to get all you need to done by end of day. That being said my normal work day was super stressful every day my management was there as I would be consistently badgered and question, sometimes moments after logging into my computer. Being pulled in many different directions with no clear direction and this only hindered my day to day functions, and with no room for errors. Co-workers were fun and enjoyable but are quick to pass blame. Hardest part of the job would be going to work due to ongoing issue with management and the lack of feel valued. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the free cable services and the establishment of some valued friendships.
Lots of different avenues to create your own path
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJune 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, flexible hours
This is a very large employer who has a very good benefit package, You will have to really be proactive in your networking to gain opportunity for advancement, the hardest part about my job is that it can become monotonous and overwhelming, I really enjoyed knowing that I played a direct part in a customers entertainment experience

1 2 3 4 5

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Salaries