Charter Communications Employee Reviews

Amazing people
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 8, 2016
The company as a whole is great, I have not found a person at any level that I do not get along with. Great deal of respect is given to all. Advancement is there for anyone who wants to put the work in and has the drive. Overall the best company I have ever worked for. The best part of my Job is the ability to assist people in doing theirs, training and support. I have learned so much about the IT world, I would have never thought I would have learned. The daily challenges that come my way as a support role, keeps me networked, and constantly learning. Hardest part for me is when I cannot help, when things are not in my control to help.
Pros
team building, travel, interesting work
Soul crushing
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 8, 2016
If you genuinely care about providing top quality service to your customers, look elsewhere. Management only truly cares about how many stops you can do in a day. Good employees are run through the ringer picking up the slack for the less motivated. Bottom line, in the Wisconsin area it seemed more like they would just hire any warm body to fill a spot. Super high turnover rate in the tech side of things. After 8+ years of their lackluster management I parted ways. BEST career decision ever. Super high stress and mediocre pay.
Pros
When you get to go home at the end of the day. Free cable
Cons
SUPER STRESSFUL if you actually care about your job.
Good Job
Sr BBT (Current Employee) –  Monroe, MIFebruary 4, 2016
great job for someone starting out in the technical field ability to learn new technology through hands on and training
not fleible or understanding
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOFebruary 3, 2016
I worked as a inbound sales rep and initially it seemed promising. It was basically a "learn as you go" situation because the training was always behind on what we actually needed to know. Honestly I think the trainer couldn't have cared less. This is a high stress environment. I repeat; High Stress Environment! Although you do not work on commission alone, you will work for every dime you make and if you do not management will be breathing down your back to ensure youm do, or you are going to be on the fast track out the door. There is NO job security. Oh and please do not have an emergency or dare need a last minute day off, accomodations are few and very far inbetween.
Pros
great benefits and decent pay with commission
Cons
work/life balance, better not have a bad sales day
Productive and fun work place
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCFebruary 3, 2016
The opportunities at Charter are endless. Its all of what you make it at Charter. Plenty of training on the job etc...The new CEO is definitely are making lots of new changes within the company as a whole
Typical Call center environment
Internet/Phone Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 2, 2016
High paced, makes day go by easy. Friendly and professional atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is dealing with numerous outages on a daily basis, however a company of that size is expected to have some issues. Most enjoyable part of the job are the people working and the vastly diverse groups.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
High stress, few overall changes
Great Company
Key Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Everyday was productive and leaned so much. My coworkers were great and were able to lend a helping hand. I learned how to do project management.
Great Co-Workers and Local Management
Field Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day at work begins with each tech being over routed for the amount of time in the day, and what is expected of them to do for each house. Each tech really wants to help the customer the best way they can, but too many policies have been put in place that takes time away from the tech to be able to properly serve the customers.

You learn everything you need to be a successful tech, and this company is big on promotions. This is a "self-promotion" company. If you score good on your Scorecard, you get enrolled in the next training class.

The immediate local management team is great. Unfortunately the Regional Management team, and above, lack any kind of understanding, and ability to care about the employees, and what they face daily in the field.

The other techs you work with, and the office staff is great. Everyone is there to help the customers as much as they are allowed by the constantly changing policies. Overall, it is a great group to work with.

The hardest part of the job, is the time constraints the techs are under to bring the houses and businesses up to Charter's standards, all while getting the additional work done for the customer. It makes it difficult to get to each appointment on time.

The most enjoyable part of the job, is even though the routing is rough, every day is different. The job is never boring. You meet great people every day.
Pros
Never Boring, Good Training, Great Co-Workers
Cons
Time Constraints for the tech/ Routing.
Hard work that will pay off
Broadband technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2016
Charter is a fast paced competitive employer with tons of advancement opportunities. However the drawback is that in Wisconsin the weather is less than favorable without being 20 feet in the air on a ladder in the snow.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
11 hours each 4 day work week
Productive and fun place to work!
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 26, 2016
a typical day at work n
what you learnedn
managmentn
my co-workersn
the hardest part of the juob
most enjoyable part of the jon
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
very strict work inviornment
broadband tech (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 25, 2016
all week you get your jobs on a tablet drive to them and do as many as you possibly can. you go to the main hub twice a week for stocking up on supply and for a weekly meeting.
Pros
good money
Cons
bad managment
High level of importance placed on teamwork
Administrative Assistant II to Vice President/GM (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 25, 2016
Working at Charter Communication was a great experience on many levels. The caliber of the people working there is top notch and I was given the opportunity to learn and hone my skills as an administrative assistant. The role offered me the flexibility to work and interact with many groups within the organization from the top level executive team to those working on the field. I was able to bring my communication skills to a higher level.

Overall my experience working for Charter was a positive one on a professional and personal level.
Great Place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2016
Charter Communications offers so many ways to increase your knowledge and skills. Always opportunities for growth within the company.
This place need management reconstruction
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 23, 2016
Actually one of the worst places I have worked. The pay is good but that's about it. In nesting the mentors talk about u behind your back like your incompetent. They talk to you like u been working there years like they don't want to help you. Management is iffy. Your basically lying to the customers. Every customer that call is almost livid but they expect for you to be off the call in a timely matter but you can't resolve the issue. They hire anybody so everybody confused. I could go on for days. Be careful working here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Production
Problem Solver Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 22, 2016
Assist callers with their bills and providing excellent customer service. process payments. Provide simple troubleshooting techniques to assist customers services.
learned alot about cable
Broadband Technician ions (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIJanuary 22, 2016
learn how to install cable tv,internet and also phone, they were very good on the saftey part of the job and company van to take home every night
Pros
good learning tools
Cons
long hours and weekends
Not a great place to work
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALJanuary 22, 2016
typically workers in the company are over-worked and under paid. The CEO's do not seem to bother with how the employees or even the residents are being treated as long as they are making money.
Great opportunity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJanuary 22, 2016
This is a great company. Taught me how the communications field works. Great teaching tool for customer service. Face to face communications with customers is a great teaching tool.
This place was very Laid back just hot in summer and cold in winter.
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJanuary 21, 2016
the job was a good learning experience environment to work. it was very laid back and the place was clean.there was always alot of time to get work done
Mixed Emotions
Billing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJanuary 21, 2016
I loved working there in the beginning but it did get to be too much and is definitely not for all people.They had catered lunches Monday-Friday which is nice so you didn't always have to eat out of a machine .