Charter Communications United States Employee Reviews

Overall
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCApril 22, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: needed to mange there positions better
This was a nice place to work. However they did not have enough positions to hire everyone on. I was at the bottom of the group and was let go cause my contract ran out.
decent place to work
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALApril 21, 2015
Pros: good people
Cons: poor management from the top down, misleading pay scale
Poor middle management, out of tune with the various markets served, training leaves a lot to be desired, too many departments depend on other departments before the job can be done.
Big Data Architect - Certified Hadoop Developer
Senior Big Data Architect (Current Employee), New YorkApril 21, 2015
Senior Big Data Architect (Charter Communications, St. Louis) Nov 2014 - Till Date
Data Architect team, a part of IT Architecture team is responsible to help data scientist to make use of Big data technology in their day today activities like , Conduct pathing analysis via Aster nPath to help the Charter TV app team determine the event sequencing leading up to an app crash. Data is modeled into a Sankey diagram as part of the analysis to help developers understand reasons for and context of app crash events.
Generate a latency model for Spectrum Guide user events, where time-stamped remote key presses in the Zodiac data feed are stitched together with Active Video network session to provide a report on round-trip end-user latency between remote event and session launch.
Generate usage reports for third-party vendors to fulfill Charter’s contractual obligations. Usage data across the platforms are combined and segmented according to vendor-specific definitions for qualifying usage of platforms and/or features.
Productive work place
In-bound Sales (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 21, 2015
Pros: Daily encentives: free lunch, extra money, healthy competition.
Dailey rallies to motivate individual teams. One on one sessions with direct supervisor help with focus and enhancing potential skills. At times lack of proper/timely communication when it came to decisions that came from higher up supervisors.
Productive and Laid back Enviornment
Manual QA-UAT (Current Employee), Ft-Worth texasApril 21, 2015
Pros: Learning a different side to Software
Cons: Things change all the time
My typical day at work consists of daily stand-up calls and defect triage calls. Test case writing and Bug finding for firmware. My co-workers are excellent to work with, they have taught me so much when it comes to executing test cases and writing test scenarios. They also taught me more on being a team player within the company and not just for the few I work with. I think the hardest part about my job is waiting to test. And the most enjoyable part would be that I test cable TV, so basically I'm watching TV the whole 8hrs of work.
Good Learning experience
Billing Rep (Current Employee), Vancouver, waApril 18, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks
Working at charter has improved my abilities to interact with customers as well as fellow coworkers. i have also gained skills that can be used in daily life outside of work.
Stressful
Billing Advisor (Former Employee), Fond du LacApril 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: stressful customers
Many opportunities within the company but overall stressful dealing with the customers that call in. Opportunity to advance and move around within the company. It is a call center therefore you are constantly on the phone
Amazing local office people
Account Associate / Sales Executive (Former Employee), Charleston, WVApril 15, 2015
Pros: Fun office to work in.
Cons: Looking for better career options and benefits.
Charter, now SuddenLink, had amazing employees in Charleston, WV. Some of the best people and very dedicated and hard-working. The local management team was helpful, kind and motivating.
Great corporate office with excellent people
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), Greenwood Village, COApril 13, 2015
The greatest thing about my job is that it doesn't feel like a job. I have a great position within the company that allows me to network with other individuals. My boss is laid back, but makes sure we always get our work done. I am lucky to work for such a great company. I've been with Charter for just over a year now, and I look forward to the next year!
Charter Business repair rep (Current Employee), Rochester, MNApril 12, 2015
Pros: People, opportunities to move up
Cons: Angry customers, and emotional stress
Great opportunities, great people to work with. Learned a lot, and appreciated the experience! .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great company
Corporate & Government Escalation (Former Employee), Town and Country, MOApril 11, 2015
The provided a career with many learning and growth opportunities. Actively and consistently supported all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience. Contribute to growth through consistency, development, quality, courtesy, and teamwork.
TAC Network Specialist (Current Employee), Simpsonville, SCApril 11, 2015
Pros: Free fruit provided
Cons: No cons
I enjoy working for this company and I enjoy the team environment there. The benefits are outstanding at this company too.
Self Assertive Individual
Tier II Tech Support (Current Employee), St. Louis, mo.April 10, 2015
• Provide customer service, Assign employees to specific duties, Direct and supervise employees
• Uses all available monitoring equipment to proactively identify area problems; notify and dispatch technicians to the sight
• Actively assists field technicians on "problem" site with all available information.
fun work place with caring people
Billing Advisor (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIApril 8, 2015
Pros: competitive pay, 401k, health, dental and vision insurance, sick time, paid vacation, caterers every day for lunch hours, free cable, free high speed internet, arcade games in the breakroom
Cons: none
This is by far the best job i have had in my life so far.
A typical day consists of about 50-70 inbound calls, constant multitasking, attending team meetings, quarterly training's and adhering to scheduled breaks and lunches.
This job has taught me to be extremely flexible with any changes that may occur and has also taught me to actively listen to people and their general concerns. I've learned complex thinking skills and to never be afraid to "think outside the box." I've learned that one situation will never be the same as another, so you have to be willing and eager to find new resolutions constantly.
Our management really cares about the employee's and you can see it all the time. They want us to succeed not only in our careers, but also in our daily lives and are always there to give advice and the proper tools for the success you want to see. The benefits that they provide are unbeatable. They have given me a sense of security that I have never felt before. They are always asking for feedback so they know what exactly we're looking for as employee's to make our jobs the most enjoyable that they can be and we always see them making changes to make us happy.
My co-workers are part of what makes my job so enjoyable. We share best practices to ensure all of us are doing the best job possible. Not only are they my co-workers, but they have become my friends and there is a sense of "family" when we are all working towards the same goal. We're there for each other when the work day gets tough and we're there to enjoy success together.
The hardest part of my – more... job can be the stress that comes with some of the situations that I may experience during a call. I've dealt with very difficult customers who will verbally attack you the entire call. Learning how to "leave it at the door" and not to bring it home was very difficult to do when I first started. When you may receive those calls, which may feel like through your entire shift, it can be very stressful when you have to learn how to deal with it in different ways to make sure your mental health is always the best it can be.
The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to experience the work day with my co-workers and learning how to grow, not only my career, but also as a individual. This job has taught me how to take accountability for my actions in every day life and has brought me to a different set of standards to carry myself with the highest integrity I possibly could. The rewards and recognition i receive are always a great reminder that Charter value's me as an employee and are happy to have me working for them. – less
Excellent Consitent Culture / Great People
TECHNICAL CALL CENTER MANAGER (Current Employee), Bridgeton MoApril 8, 2015
Pros: Free Cable, Great Place to Work, Alot of Growth Opportunities
I love being apart of helping people grow and succeed day in and day out. I have learned about management huge fast pace call centers. Over 600 people.
Very professional work environment great activities to lighten the everyday work expectations
Broadband Sales Advisor (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOApril 7, 2015
Pros: Incentives: Company paid trips, Prizes, Gift Cards, Lunches etc
Cons: Strict company policies on Attendance, Constant need to maintain high standards on hitting target goals and improving on your abilities
A typical day at work would be competing in sales games and contests for awards and prizes for daily and weekly competitions. What I learned most about this career path is that you have to meet company expectations but also build valuable relationships with both your team mates and management to be successful. Management was organized and proficient but didn't always seem to be on the same page all the time. Working for the right supervisor was vital to being considered for promotions of any fashion. My co-workers were some of the nicest people about this job. Very goal driven dedicated sales environment filled with friendly personalities and endless perseverance. The hardest part of my job was the constant change of the company's goals and how to maintain to exceed those high expectations and to out perform people that have been perfecting there sales technique for over five to ten plus years. What I enjoyed most about my career working for this company was the everyday challenges that we had to overcome to get recognition. Contests where really self motivating and made everyone on the team want to work harder. This built more of a solid foundation around how we were trained and what we could do to make each other more successful in sales.
Productive workplace
Dispatcher (Current Employee), Saginaw MIApril 7, 2015
Taking inbound calls from technicians and monitoring technician routes. Monitoring can be challenging. Inbound is easy work.
Great Benefits
Cable System Technician II (Former Employee), Worcester, MAApril 7, 2015
Pros: Great benefits pkg including free cable
Cons: Archaic mgmt practices
Great place to work but very slow in making progressive changes. For a company that deals with cutting edge technology, the rate of change when it comes to improving processes is painstakingly slow. Also long running inside joke is how misplaced the second part of the company name is.
Charter Communications has been a great company to work for.
Video Repair Representative (Former Employee), rochester , mnApril 7, 2015
Charter communications has helped me excel in providing premier customer service to customers. Also along with knowledge of multi-tasking up to 3-7 different software programs at the same time.
Minimal Supervision
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Hickory, NCApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Lack of Management
Installations of data/video/voice services
Troubleshooting of services
Customer Interaction
Inventory control
Enjoyed working in different locations/terrains
Enjoyed working outdoors

1 2 3 4 5

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Salaries