Charter Communications

Charter Communications Employer Reviews

System Technician (Current Employee), GAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: management, employees
Cons: pay, benefits
Charter is a great place to work. Management is really great and in my area the door is always open for questions or concerns. Advancement is great as long as you apply yourself. Benefits could use some work as they are slowly going down hill.
Very poor company to work for
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Marshall, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: cheaper insurance
Cons: everything else was poor
Just like their customer service, the employees were treated equally as bad as the customers. Being a publicly owned company, employees were just another number on the balance sheet for shareholders
Constricted and reptitive office work with no face to face sales.
MDU Account Executive (Former Employee), Knoxville, TN.February 23, 2015
Worked with existing MDU properties to sign right of entry and bulk agreements. Called on these properties by either phone or email to sign agreements. I had multi-state area so travel was restricted. I learned to negotiate more over the phone with face to face being so limited. Of the 3 managers I had only one was significant in my development the other 2 were less hands on in training or development. The hardest part of my job was not being face to face with owners and developing that bond that would move the sale to closing quicker. It sometimes took a year or more to close the sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was making it a win/win situation for both parties so that each was benefiting from the signed agreements.
Best Job!!
Field Auditor (Former Employee), Slidell, LAFebruary 21, 2015
They have the best hours of operations, they have the best cable and internet, the benefits are amazing and the supervisors are very helpful.
Exciting place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), St. LouisFebruary 21, 2015
Charter is a great place to work especially if you love working with people. Shift bids determine your shift, but other than that you'll enjoy working there with out a hitch
answering phones
Acosta Sales and Marketing (Current Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: health benefits are good
Cons: job
I would rather not comment about the company. I am just not destined to be on a phone leash and ask permission for the restroom.
area that i worked was fun
CATV installer technician (Former Employee), sault ste marie mi 49783February 19, 2015
just ok, normal day ,how to work with the public,one particulate manager was basis,co-workers were great,not having enough time to cover the area assigned,the people that i worked with!
Productive Work place and Lots of Snacks that are free and Pool table
Sales Account Executive (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: normal lunches and breaks called e breaks.
Cons: not enough training when needed for some people, managers always off in their own world or out of office in the call center.
The time and hours you work is based on performance.
I learned Sales and team leadership.
Management was very off, they were never around everything was down by email. CO-Workers are friendly and are there to help as a team. Hardest part would be working the Night shift. Really boring and pay is fantastic if your in sales or retention. Most enjoyable part would be the perks.
Task filled Challenge
Advanced Broadband Installer (Current Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 17, 2015
Each day starts with its own job. Even though the job is self explaining the process it takes to master the cable industry and become an efficient technician is the task.
Bad environment
sales rep (Former Employee), Walker, MIFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: bad culture
Negative negative negative. Constant negative culture. Nothing is ever good enough. Great pay and benefits, but poor atmosphere
Nice Place
Internet and Phone Repair Rep I (Current Employee), Bridgeton MOFebruary 16, 2015
Alright place to work, can be over demanding sometimes though. Overly demanding attendance policy for a call center. Almost no sick time given. Management is pretty good though, fun to work with, understanding at times. Pay is good though!
Top rated commuications company.
Senior Broadband Technician (Current Employee), Altoona, WIFebruary 15, 2015
Working with customers in there home is both challenging and rewarding. Creating personal connections with the customer helps provide a better experience for both them and me. Trouble shooting television, phone, and internet services provides an enjoyable and challenging day. Helping customers through a frustrating experience can be quite difficult, but taking the time to do the job right generally leaves them satisfied by the time I'm through.
Cool company to work for
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: good place to work at
i enjoyed with the kids and in the end i was so attached to many of them. I still see some of them in their high school lives and a lot of them still keep in touch with me
Fast Paced, Ever Changing Environment
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: always learning
Cons: some days were more stressful and challenging than others
Fast paced inbound call center working with customer who were upset, finding a resolution to help the customer. Practicing empathy and team building skills as well as listening to the customers needs and wants plays a vital role in your everyday duties.
ok to work for
Contractor/Great Lakes Communications (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2015
the people that i had to deal with was the worst part. customers were rude and gross and the pay was not worth it. you have to drive really far inbetween jobs and the insurance and benefits suck.
A Great Place to Work
Tier I Technical Support Specials (Former Employee), Bridgeton, MOFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: game room, cyber cafe
Charter Communications was a great place to work for, with a great work/life balance, regular employee recognition, excellent management and a game room we could all use. I really enjoyed helping people get their internet/phone services back up and running.
fun
Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hoover, ALFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: open communication
Cons: career advancemnet
Explain and demonstrate products. Update software. Offer solutions to resolve customers cable issues. Contact techs to be sure cable installed properly.
Please find review below!
Sales /Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free lunchs, give away events, employee recognition, trip incentitives.
Cons: manditory overtime, very stressfull environment, closed my dept. and cost me and lot of other people their jobs.
Good place to work; compensation was base salary plus commission; therefore based on my initiative I was able to do well overall in total income. Typical day involved taking 30 to 50 calls per day to retain and up sell customers and potential customers.Heavy focus on training which I enjoyed; but due to magnitude of information we needed to retain; it was critical to train daily; weekly, monthly.Manage was good; but not always on same page which could be confusing from time to time. Coworkers were great; positive, upbeat, and determined to perform at expected high levels of performance.Hardest part of job was mastering the skill sets to deal with and overcome irate customers and their objections. The most enjoyable part of the job was the commission; and associated with the money all the rewards and benefits offered along with performance such as recognition and incentitives.
Good Workplace and benefits for employees
Broadband Technician/ Trouble Shooter (Current Employee), Hickory, NCFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: mandatory overtime no family life
Good job and benefits. Supervisor expect you not have a life,but it pays the bills and feed the family. upper mangement disconnected
Great Compnay- to many changes
Account Executive - MDU (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAFebruary 12, 2015
great company, CEO knows what he is doing, and the benefits are the best i have ever had . To many changes in recent months and its starting to wear on the morale of the employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Photos