Charter Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,280 reviews matching the search
fast paced enviroment, a lot of learning opportunities
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MOAugust 22, 2016
typical day of work is a fast paced non stop, melting pot of many things. i have learned a lot from charter, everything from shipping and reciving to system analizing . managment is lacking leadership skills in some areas and others they are fine. as far as co-workers go we have a very diverse ethnic group of people, and we learn a lot from each other. there isn't anything to difficult about the job so long as you are willing to learn.
Too new to rate.
Mgr, Human Resources, Bus Class Division (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 22, 2016
Due to the recent merger/acquisition in May 2015, it is not possible for me to provide a review of the company, the management/leadership at this time.
Pros
Cannot comment at this time.
Cons
Cannot comment at this time.
terrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 22, 2016
answering a 100 calls per day, being degraded by customers on daily basis for things you cant control, very stressful job with managment who doesnt care, metrics that have to be met that are obsurd
Rough
Tier I Technician for Phone and Internet Repair (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 21, 2016
All I can say is that if you can stand being berated all day by people who clearly don't understand how an isp works then this job is for you. Management is little to no help. Schedule adherence must be followed to a t.
Productive and highly satisfied working environment
Regional Sales Manager- East Region (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2016
I am in a great environment where I work with other sales organizations daily on generating revenue for Time Warner Company by selling High-speed data solutions, phone and Video products to businesses in NYC and tri state area, I am an expert in working with teams, motivating and energizing the floor and having them achieve the set performance goals. I keep my direct reports, Sales Directors, managers and sellers very close, review sales metrics daily with the team leaders on performances and discuss on gap managing.

I am privileged to work with bunch of great professionals who are willing to give 100% on each day and willing make the highest pay day. Hardest part of the job is the sales disputes that get tangled with other regions. Most enjoyable part is to reward the best-selling team on monthly basis.
Pros
Incentives, bonus, Team visits, individual accolades
Cons
Sales disputes, failed installs
Great Company
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 18, 2016
Great atmosphere to work in! Good benefits, growing company and great people! Lots of opportunity to grow and learn your craft.
Pros
free tv, internet & phone services
Very enjoyable and flexible work environment.
Service Delivery Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOAugust 17, 2016
I'd rather not put a review here but it says and won't let me move forward without putting at least 150 characters here. That is 120 I have 30 more...okay that's 150 with a total of 186.
pay was good
Senior BBT (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNAugust 14, 2016
When I started there it was a great place to work. It soon began to go through a lot of changes very rapidly which made it very difficult to even know what roll we played as employs.
Pros
the pay was very good
Cons
unstable enviroment
Great Job Growth
Senior Manager Reliability Engineering (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 11, 2016
I have been working at Charter and I love it. People are caring and friendly and for a large corporation the area and building are very nice.
Pros
Job Growth
Cons
Turn Over
Long hours, unrealistic metrics
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 8, 2016
Long days with little time with family. Work holidays managment doesnt care about there techs. Have useless metrics and quality standards
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Everything else
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 8, 2016
Great Benefits, Employee comp services, a lot of variety of schedules, holiday bids so you don't work every holiday, Overtime opportunities
Charter
Retention Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIAugust 8, 2016
Great job awesome staff. Not so easy of a job if you can't handle people consistently upset with company. Wonderful pay.
No Opportunity for Advancement
Customer Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 6, 2016
I started as a repair agent and once I got to be a Lead there was nowhere else to go. There are occasional supervisor positions that become available for the night shift but that's pretty much it.There is no opportunity for growth.
Pros
Experience.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches. Not the best work environment. Feels like working with children.
Great job, great benefits, great atmosphere.
CRC - Commercial (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 5, 2016
I have worked at Charter for about close to a year now. Pay is great, benefits are amazing, and the job.. well, it depends on how you handle stress. I have worked in residential, and have recently got promoted up to business. The promotion process is 50/50. When I say 50/50, it depends on 2 things: performance, and attendance. Attendance is definitely one thing that is heavily looked upon at Charter. While the job is somewhat easy, it is extremely time consuming. However, there is a vast availability of schedules and management is always willing to work with you if something comes up. For promotions, in residential, you have to work extremely hard to make a jump. It is do-able, however. I know a person who has been there for a year, and jumped to being a supervisor within the same year going through mentoring (CSR's that get put into a project to train a team of new hires) within 6 months after his hire date. The job can sometimes be tedious, but you do have to look at the bigger picture. The atmosphere is great. People will always be there to support you no matter what. A lot of this job, is what I've never had at any single job. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Pros
Hour long lunches, gym, management is on it.
Cons
Irate customers, heavy micromanagement
the most enjoyable part of the job
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 4, 2016
Independent work;Win over perspective customers at their homes: Work with diverse groups in all categories of ethnicity and economic position.
Pros
Partial mileage reimbursement
Cons
Commission pay plan is bogus.
Tough Job Not Meant for Everybody
Advanced Broadband Installer (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CAAugust 2, 2016
I drive to my first job, then clock in on company phone and do the first install, then close out the job once completed and go to the next job, and repeat. All jobs are different so you never know how long an install will take until your actually about to start doing the job. Then you get an hour lunch. Then repeat the same as the morning. For what the field technicians do, the pay is not enough. Go to any other cable or phone company and you can make more money.
Pros
Management is Reachable for problems, Take home vehicle
Cons
Low pay, Management is unaware of how tough the work is at times
Rapidly growing company with lots of potential
Survey Estimator (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 2, 2016
A typical work day for the company in which I am employed can be a very productive one. Challenges arise at any given time, but with proper time management and problem solving skills any task can be completed. With working with this company, I gained one key skill which is to put the customer first and provide necessary feedback upon the customer's request to make the customer know we as a company are empathetic towards their needs. One thing I enjoy most about my career at Charter is the group of individuals I interact with on a daily basis. We a truly like a family away from home.
Pros
Challenging positions, ethical company
Fun but very strict place to work
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNAugust 1, 2016
Could be fun with the right people around you, but very tight ship they watched every minute. Monitored your calls and it just felt creepy working there.
Pros
Steady job
Cons
Felt like prison they gave you 11 minutes per day for bathroom breaks
great job went to a horrible place to work
Retention Agent (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTAugust 1, 2016
The job was changing with the corporation take over. The job in my opinion became more about getting the customer to stay in the highest price no matter the issues they were having. They had to threaten to leave the company before we were allowed to help them. We only had 7 minutes to get them to either accept or close account. I didn't feel like it was customer service any longer just a name on my screen.

The hardest part of the job was the very angry customers and had to take them cussing and calling me names. There was no recourse and we had to still work to get them to try to stay or disconnect the service.

The family that I made with my co-workers.
Pros
free services
Cons
company taking away the only recouse to getting angry customers off the phone
great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
great, wonderful company to work for, great hours, good benefits,etc. A typical day at my place of employment, answer inbound phone calls. Customers questions in regards to telephone & internet.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Switched shifts & couldn't go back. Should be a period of time alloted to go back to original shift.

Charter Communications Reviews by Location