Charter Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,285 reviews matching the search
not fleible or understanding
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOFebruary 3, 2016
I worked as a inbound sales rep and initially it seemed promising. It was basically a "learn as you go" situation because the training was always behind on what we actually needed to know. Honestly I think the trainer couldn't have cared less. This is a high stress environment. I repeat; High Stress Environment! Although you do not work on commission alone, you will work for every dime you make and if you do not management will be breathing down your back to ensure youm do, or you are going to be on the fast track out the door. There is NO job security. Oh and please do not have an emergency or dare need a last minute day off, accomodations are few and very far inbetween.
Pros
great benefits and decent pay with commission
Cons
work/life balance, better not have a bad sales day
Plan on going nowhere fast
Plant Security/Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  NVFebruary 17, 2016
So I worked here for some time (we are talking years here). It was great at first. I liked my coworkers and over-all liked the work. Your average day involves finding illegal connections and taking a report of them and disconnecting them. At times this means other technicians get in trouble. But along with that we had to do the surveyor job for connectability and go investigate issues reported by other technicians. When these things were added and risks went up there was no increase in pay. Add on to that when I didn't get any kind of raise like I was told I would after being there for a specific period of time, things started going down hill.
The management in this area changed twice in the time I was there. There is a complete disconnect in what we ACTUALLY do and what the installers and management THINK we do.
As another person mentioned on here, if you tell your supervisor or manager something, make sure you remind them every day as they will most likely forget within a few minutes of you telling them.
If you are a young person and have the opportunity to go to school, take my word of advise and go get your education.
Pros
Good hours, weekends off
Cons
Poor Management, No Job Growth, Low Pay
poor management poor compensation
broadband tech (Current Employee) –  Springfield, NEJanuary 6, 2016
This place is probably one place I would never recommend anyone to ever work for. Let me start with management. The town I'm based out of doesn't have a manager to help with problems. The closest one is a hour and a half away and only comes up once or twice a week for about 3 hours, so there's no one to turn to with issues. The second is pay. For all the B.S that we have to deal with, from upper management is ridiculous. They expect so much out of one person it's way to overwhelming then get mad when you're score card isn't up to par with there expectations. but hey when it is good we get to pick a snack out of a drawer in the manager's office (they have a limit of $1.25 to spend). that's all you'll see for having good scores oh except for the yearly 2% raise you may get. Also the vehicles they offer, pretty much expect to be broke down somewhere once a month. You may get lucky when you start out and get a nicer one. Basically don't work here unless you are looking for something to barely get bye. You'll hate life. I guarantee It.
Pros
health dental and vision benefits. nothing else
Cons
horrible work environment
Soul crushing
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 8, 2016
If you genuinely care about providing top quality service to your customers, look elsewhere. Management only truly cares about how many stops you can do in a day. Good employees are run through the ringer picking up the slack for the less motivated. Bottom line, in the Wisconsin area it seemed more like they would just hire any warm body to fill a spot. Super high turnover rate in the tech side of things. After 8+ years of their lackluster management I parted ways. BEST career decision ever. Super high stress and mediocre pay.
Pros
When you get to go home at the end of the day. Free cable
Cons
SUPER STRESSFUL if you actually care about your job.
I loved my job; and working with my team and our customers!
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 3, 2016
Charter was a great place to work with wonderful benefits. I worked with some of the most amazing people over the 15 years of service to them. I loved what I did and being able to take care of customers was what I took pride in. I planned on retiring with Charter; however plans changed and now I am excited to see where my new adventure leads me!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management doesn't always see the kind of work ethic and talent the employees have.
Fun work environment.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 29, 2015
Diverse and multicultural work environment. Very minimal supervision. Friendly and supportive upper management. This company has not only provided me opportunity for advancement but also learning experience. Excellent benefits. As a installer the only downside is to climb fences and get in attic and other hazardous situations.
Pros
benefits, free cable, friendly management
Cons
hours of operation
Anything for the customer
line technician (Current Employee) –  WisconsinOctober 27, 2015
The company was very balanced and cared about it's employees about 5 years ago, but now there are so many rules and regulations that it is impossible to truly succeed.
Certain employees have every ability to advance and be successful, while others are in a never ending battle to just try to keep up by no fault of their own.
In an organization that the focus is so much on the customer, perhaps bettering their services by finding out what is actually WRONG with the company or its parts by asking the ones who directly deal with it on a daily basis could help.
But like any BIG company, the pencil pushers sitting behind desks make ALL the important decisions that impact everyone but themselves.
If you care at all about having a social or family life, this is definitely not the company for you to work for.
Pros
mostly fun work, working outside, semi freedom
Cons
no advancement opportunities, poor compensation, Complete lack of testicular fortitude of management
Very good pay
Sales Support/Direct Sales Order Entry‬ (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIMarch 16, 2016
The pay was excellent, advancement unless you wanted to be floor supervisor was non-existent, holidays offered in handbook were not honored after hire.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Was hired for sales & did great, they needed help in retention (angry customers) & when they didn't get enough in house transfers, they made retention duties mandatory for sales without the added benefits.
True Sales Inviroment
Inbound Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 16, 2016
Taking 30 calls a day, no matter what call you get, management expects it to be a sales call. If you get a dropped call, mis-routed call, non serviceable call, it is held against your commission numbers. You get free cable, phone and internet for working there. Health benefits are good.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
They will NOT work with you on a schedule.
Good Start, but not so good ending.
MDU Relationship Executive (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 26, 2015
A typical day at work with Charter Communications consist of 3 sales calls, visits with the properties on my daily game plan, and producing sales through contacts and each properties under my portfolio. I have learned the value of relationship building because its the way I make my sales and build productive relationships. Upper management have no idea how I do my job because they continuously try to introduce procedures to stop progress and productivity, but they want more sales numbers. My immediate supervisor is a very good boss and understands the challenges we face but cannot influence upper management to listen to good feedback for more favorable sales outcomes. My team that I am a part of could be more productive if upper management would listen to some of the feedback we have provided for our roles to be much more successful. The hardest part of the job is selling more while carrying out programs that do not work while continuously getting a pay cut . The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving, meeting new people, creating more productive and rewarding relationships, and finally making sales is a form of winning, and I like winning.
Pros
Work Life balance, Local travel
Cons
Compensation, Upward mobility, limited management support
I have been working at Charter Communications Contractor
Sr. MicroStrategy Architect/Consultant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 28, 2016
- Charter provides good exposure within the organization and is under a great leadership team. Culture is fast paced and competitive.

- Great benefits, free tv and internet, awesome people to work with and for, comfortable environment
Cable Instillation
Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2016
Well there's really not a "typical day" of installing cable. Everyday is different, you learn something new on each job by troubleshooting and correcting problems. Some being easier than others. You meet new people (customers) everyday and a lot of different personalities. It's really an eye opener to see how different we are, but yet how alike we are. Sound weird but it's true, and I think that's the hardest part of the job. You have to be able to "adjust" for example. A guy pulled his gun on me for disconnecting his service, it really shook me up. But I had another job to go to afterwards, where the people were very kind. It wouldn't be professional of comfortable to show them how shaken up I was from the previous job.So put on a smile and got the job done. The best part of the job is leaving knowing the customers were satisfied.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Health Benefits
Customer Service based culture
Supervisor, Video Repair (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJanuary 2, 2016
Every day was something new. Learning products, services, working with customers from all over the country. Management was always available and willing to provide guidance and suggestions, as well as taking feedback seriously. It was like family rather than just a job. Hardest part was leaving, and every day was fun due to the diverse group I worked with.
Pros
Excellent health care benefits, and free service - TV, internet, landline phone.
Cons
Somewhat uneven work flow - some days were constant back to back some days were dead slow.
Productive and entertaining people in the Work Place
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 10, 2016
Everybody I work with is amazing, Management is by far the best I've experienced. Most days are fun, but some calls do bring the day down depending on how that person treats you.
Pros
Full benefits, Guaranteed 40 hours.
Cons
Customers who are verbally abusive
Not bad
Field Auditor (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CADecember 29, 2015
This job was educational given that I had no prior experience with working with a cable company and working with the tools and resources they had to offer. Other than that it wasn't really my sort of thing. I couldn't really take much interest in it other than learning new things. Great co-workers, great management overall just not the job for me.
Pros
1 hour lunches, your own company vehicle, professional environment
Cons
Salary/pay by hour was not great.
Very productive place to work.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at Charter Communications is inbound calls from customers wanting to pay their bills. I learned a lot of patience it this particular job. I had a wonderful manager he would always make sure we were being praised for a good work and got help where we needed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
To far from home.
Working at Charter
Trunking Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 23, 2015
A typical work day consists of being as productive as possible. I had an opportunity to work in a number of different departments, and as result I have improved my customer service and technical support skills. Management is accessible and in tune with the workers. Interviewing for each position as if I where new to the company took some getting use to, but I am glad for the experience. There is always friendly competition going on between co-workers to be the top performer. I really enjoyed learning new things from my coaches and teammates.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
pay scale not readily available
Hard work that will pay off
Broadband technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 26, 2016
Charter is a fast paced competitive employer with tons of advancement opportunities. However the drawback is that in Wisconsin the weather is less than favorable without being 20 feet in the air on a ladder in the snow.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
11 hours each 4 day work week
A good place to start
Customer Support Lead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 11, 2016
This career was fulfilling in some ways, and others were disheartening. I found the work environment as far as co-workers to be fantastic. Everyone was treated with respect and courtesy in almost every observable interaction. It seemed, however, that expectations had been set too high at some point in the chain of command, and those heavy expectations spilled over to those below. As we continued to innovate to reach the sights of our leadership, the sights looked ever higher. For the representatives on the production floor, it is difficult to keep up with the changing styles of support, but it can be done. For the Lead role, we were tapped to perform several duties, of which other similar call centers within Charter had several employees performing. Over time, this caused an uncomfortable work environment.
Again, there were good aspects as well. The co-workers are great, and this job will definitely get you ready to confidently write "able to adapt and perform in a rapidly changing environment" on any resume.
Pros
Healthcare, Pay, Paid Breaks
Cons
Shift changes
Pleasant call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 7, 2015
Management and staff work hard daily. Managers were helpful and available for assistance when needed. Job includes troubleshooting and sales.
Pros
Variety of work hour options and benefits.
Cons
scheduled lunches and breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Charter Communications Reviews by Location