Charter Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,182 reviews matching the search
A fun workplace
Workforce Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working here however the creative differences are what drove me away. Overall I would recommend , however this is not a place to make a solid career with.
Charter gave me great sales experience
Store Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crescent City, CA 95531May 21, 2016
I loved working for the cable company, I developed long lasting relationships with the customers and thrived off providing them with the best experience. The job was excellent, I have nothing negative to say about it.
Great company to work at
CPE Analyst III. (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNMay 20, 2016
Very good company to work at. They have good benefits as well as a good 401K plan. Management is open to new ideas. If you go above and beyond they take care of you.
Benefits
Cons
Company only collects personal data and you are never hired.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 19, 2016
After 1 year, 3 job fairs and 3 interviews once again I've reviewed a no thank you email from Charter. I have over 2 years experience working in a call center doing the exact same thing your employees do daily. I do intend on filing a complaint with the proper people that your company go to and advertise your job fairs and notify them it's just a waste of time.
Work hard, play hard
DOCSIS Network Engineer-IP Access and Transport (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 19, 2016
The team I am on are like one big family. We enjoy helping each other on various projects and have eachother's backs when needed.
Bad management in San Luis Obispo
Account Planner (Former Employee) –  SLOMay 17, 2016
Overall Spectrum Reach, the division of Charter that sells advertising to local businesses on local cable will appear decent most of the time on the surface. Behind the closed door, you will be mocked, ridiculed and laughed at. There has been a revolving door on the management. But not for the reasons you think. Heck, bad work ethic, unclear expectations, and no training of those in management abounds. The awesome part is that it is rewarded. Account planners and those applying for this position BEWARE! There is a very long learning curve and results are expected immediately. Systems are complicated and cumbersome and ANY MISTAKES made, big or small, receive brutal scrutiny and crucifixion. You will be made an example of WHAT NOT TO DO. A typical day will always include more than you are able to complete, unrelenting scrutiny of your methods to the point that it would have been better for the originator to have done it themselves in the first place, and the final product, despite all the revisions and your being accommodating, will be the original that began the process in the first place. And no one will care. The systems, networks, hardware, even the phones go down all the time. Pretty ironic given the company provides these services in the first place. if you like being frustrated, confused, berated and abused all the time, you will LOVE this company. But, hey, getting your cable and internet for free is cool.
Pros
free cable
Cons
Busy and productive company to work for
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOMay 17, 2016
Charter is a good company to work for and they teach you skills that could transfer to a different career if need be. It can be a tough place to work for those with families due to the hours but the rewards of helping the customers is a bright spot.
Plenty of room for advancement
Mainline System Technician, Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Osage Beach, MOMay 16, 2016
There is plenty of room for advancement within Charter communications, both laterally and progressively, a very good learning experience overall.
Not a Nice Place to Work
Chat Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIMay 11, 2016
There is no organization in the sales department. It survives by limping from crisis to crisis. There is a very high turnover, even by call center standards. Management is in constant disarray due to the blatant refusal by supervisors to follow the rules, or make their reps follow the rules. There is no room to advance, as the call center is extremely small, and management positions are few and far between. The best part of my experience with this company was the training.
Pros
Fabulous Co-Workers
Cons
No leadership, no room for advancement, low compensation, weekends and holidays are mandatory
Loved Charter
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 10, 2016
Charter was such a great job. It was always busy. I loved it. I moved to Tuscaloosa so the travel would be too much for me. I learned a lot from Charter. It was a call center so people did get pretty rude. I enjoyed my co-workers.
Pros
Upper management.
Cons
Healthcare
This is a job where I can express myself/be myself in a fun and professional way/manner
Store Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 8, 2016
I learned to be even more self motivated. I am team player.I also learned sometimes people need a ear to listen to them when they are venting. Everybody is fighting a battle inside that we know nothing about so be kind to people. We should always treat others how we would want to be treated.
I get to be myself and express myself in a fun but professional way/manner
Store Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 8, 2016
I have learned to be even more self motivated and to be a listening ear sometimes people just need someone to listen and vent too.
Work Life Balance
Benefits Audit Specialist (Current Employee) –  Des Peres, MOMay 5, 2016
Enjoy working at Charter, the tasks are varied, management willing to work with your hours and lunch time is workable as well, can take an hour or reduce to half an hour.
great guys at local office
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 5, 2016
Did troubleshooting,installations in residential and commercial accounts. Worked with public everyday.Worked on your own and was a self rewarding job when you made the customer happy.
Pros
worked without supervision, responsible for yourself.
Cons
many times you did not get a lunch due to your daily schedule
Zero job work/Life Balance with Advancement only for the chosen ones
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainwell, MIMay 2, 2016
No matter how desperate you are for a job, keep scrolling. There is a zero job/life balance when you work here and they don't care about you as an employee at all. Management knows nothing about anything. You can be a consistent performer but if you don't belong in the right 'clique' they look for reasons to make you miserable daily. And that is just management and work atmosphere. You handle upset customers regularly and yet get reprimanded if you haven't sold them anything and you have a very scripted dialogue you must follow with every customer. You are not allowed to think for yourself and they would love to have robots without minds of their own. Promotions are only for their favorites and not based on your work experience past or present.
Pros
Free cable
Cons
Long hours, soon to be 7 days a week, no appreciation shown by incompetent management
Door to Door sales, meet new people all the time
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lillington, NCMay 2, 2016
Interesting job, meeting new people and learning different sales techniques to help me reach my selling goals. you work on your own going door to door to try and sell to new customers. Some days are easier than others.
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
Pay scale
Productive workplace with game room
Inbound Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Ann, MOApril 29, 2016
A typical work day here is taking between 20-30 inbound sales calls. Greeting customers and listening to their needs then setting them up with new services.
Pros
Great health care benefits
Cons
Short breaks
very Positive place
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCApril 28, 2016
An ambitious, dedicated, professional with knowledge of multi-channel planning, developing marketing strategies, and driving public relations, capable of establishing productive business relationships internally and externally, working cross-functionally, executing department initiatives to achieve immediate and long
Excellent Career Opportunity
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 27, 2016
The work-life balance and incredible compensation make this employer a dream to work for. I would recommend Charter to anyone looking to make a career change.
Direct Sales
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 26, 2016
Very unethical sales preactices. I have a coworker who has stolen my sales and also steals the sales of other coworkers. The name of the game is to exceed quota at all cost. I wouldn't charter as a good place to work. The HR department is non existing. Company cut the sales commissions for direct sales with no care for the employees on a moments notice.
Company is very over the top about verifying your dependents for benefits to the point of harassment.
Feel like a prisoner. It's not a good place to have a career.
Pros
Great hours Great income potential
Cons
Unethical Sales Practices. Job Security. Micromanagement.