Charter Communications

A great working environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 16, 2014
Pros: a great environment
Cons: a lot of changes
I loved this job as a charter communications agent i learned everything there is to know about troubleshooting internet and cable. I also learned how to deescalate any angry customers and give great customer care. a typical day at work would be me assisting our charter customer with great customer care so the customer would have a great cable and internet – more... experience. The hardest part about the job was being very patient with angry customers and the most enjoyable part was hearing the customer smile and making the customer happy by assisting with great customer care – less
As bad as their customer service
Service Rep (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 16, 2014
Pros: free cable, good health benefits
Cons: poor management, hire "warm bodies"
Field work isn't as bad as office work, but you still have to deal with overly incompetent management. Working in the office adds to this with management playing favorites and the politics get quite out of hand. The work isn't hard, and you'll find some people there know what they're doing, but for the most part you'll find yourself doing the same mind-numbing – more... work over and over; surrounded by people that can't handle the easiest of tasks. Notorious for hiring "warm-bodies" while pushing those who speak up to the side or out the door. Don't ever mention the evil "U" word or you'll find yourself in the unemployment line. – less
job ok
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Hoover, ALApril 16, 2014
the job is ok but the managers are horrible they make it a tough place to be employed
Fun place to work
Retention Rep (Former Employee), Walker,MIApril 15, 2014
I love it here just relocated is all would recommend this job to others. Lots of great benefits also.
Customer Service Rep
CSR (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 15, 2014
Answered in-coming calls from clients & assisted them w/their cable t.v. needs as needed on a daily basis.
Cross-functional Team Leadership, Project Management, Technologies for Product integration/partnering Feasibility, Program Management, Artifact creati
Project Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2014
• Ensured Quality Assurance through Test Plans and tested against those plans following a traceability matrix
• Monitored team work and progress and resolved conflicts on a daily basis
• Ensured operational objectives within scope, budget and timeline.
• Build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, – more... including those external to the organization.
• Principal point of contact for the executive steering committee, project managers / team leads & project sponsors.
• Responsible for project management for clients and communicating to clients regarding technical projects. – less
Great place to work, upbeat environment
Broadband technician (Current Employee), Madison, WIApril 10, 2014
Pros: love being outside all day and interacting with people.
Cons: work gets piled on and your expected to complete it all within your shift, no time for lunch some days because of this. poor communication between technicians and management.
I love working for Charter its a great job, it keeps you on your toes all day and your always learning new things. The technicians I work with are some of the best guys I know and I enjoy being around them a lot. Only down side to the job is the amount of work they give you in the time your supposed to complete it.
Dynamic and Challenging Environment
Security Writer / Administrator (Former Employee), Saint Louis, MOApril 9, 2014
Pros: great managers and co-workers, central location, nice cafeteria too
Charter is an exciting place to work, and my role had me doing different things daily - whether it was doing research on emerging online viral threats, coordinating resources for various projects, or contributing to other departments as they needed. My role required me to be flexible and adaptable, which was something I truly enjoyed.
Lounge area wireless internet throughout the building multiple break rooms.
Retention Supervisor (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 9, 2014
Daily interactions with representatives that are on the phones talking to customers that want to cancel service. As a Supervisor daily huddles, weekly team meetings were required to keep phone representatives aware of any and all industry changes along with product knowledge training. Daily review of teams time cards. Daily review so schedule adherence. – more... Daily review of e-time to correct any missing time card punches that my reps may have. Hardest part of the job was meeting daily staffing challenges based on the number of representatives that called out on a given day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the daily interactions with the phone reps and being able to teach them about the business an watch them grow and develop. Fellow Supervisors were outstanding. – less
Overall an ok company to work for
Advanced Broadband installer (Former Employee), Duluth, MNApril 8, 2014
Pros: great training
Cons: little opportunity for advancement
Drove around and disconnected customers
Learned how telecommunications companies run
Management was harsh and disrespectful
DSR Direct Sales Rep
DSR (Current Employee), HickoryApril 6, 2014
Pros: income - outdoors - control your schedule
Cons: it takes a 6 day week effort to make the 6 digits
Great opportunity to make a 6 digit income and be completely responsible for your own success
Horrible place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: point system in attendance- unrealistic
Very Demanding
Changing schedules and job positions all the time
Very stressful
Not enough training before you hit the floor
Management was horrible as well as corporate offices- too much change
Reduced commissions and compensation
Good management and working conditions
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 3, 2014
A typical day consisted of selling and promoting Charter's products and services.
Safe Job
Senior System Technician (Current Employee), Suffolk, VaApril 2, 2014
Pros: company vehicle
Cons: low pay and very small raises
It's pretty hard to get fired from Charter and I have never heard of them laying off but pay is very substandard compared to other telecommunications company.
Excelent place to work if you have awesome customer service skills, alot of team activities,
Customer Service Representative, Billing Advisor (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAApril 1, 2014
Pros: always oportunities for advancment, excellent bennifits, best managent team i have ever worked for
Cons: high volume of calls, fast paced, angry customers
This job it is an awesome place to work, I am a problem solver I enjoy working with customers with what ever issue they have. this is a perfect job for someone that enjoys problem solving, working with customer billing, educating customers about their account. I rate this job a 5
Charter
Tier II Technical Support (Former Employee), Louisville KYMarch 29, 2014
Pros: great people, good teamwork enviroment.
I was a Tier II IT guy working 3rd shift. The company was good, corporate was constantly going through re-structuring the whole time I was there. The guys heading each one of my teams were great guys. Everything was pretty streamline, ok place to work, good benefits, ok pay. Charter was a pretty fair company. Good place to work. Good sense of community.
Productive and very busy work environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Town and Country, MOMarch 29, 2014
Pros: free cable and high-speed internet
Cons: sales
A typical day at work would be sitting at a cubicle taking calls from customers and field technicians while fixing certain technical issues with telephone, high-speed internet and cable. I learned alot about voice-over internet protocol and tele-provisioning. I worked very independently. The hardest part of the job was trying to sell to customers after – more... fixing their service issues over the phone or scheduling a technician to go and fix the service issue. The most enjoyable part of the job was building a rapport with customers. – less
Changing policies
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: great pay and commissions
Cons: not enough positive feedback. too many changes.
The call flow changed many times and unfortunately it was the demise of many employees. It was a good place to work. Most of the customers who called were very pleasant and made my job pleasant as well.
Poor Management
Plant Manager (Former Employee), Albertville AlabamaMarch 27, 2014
Work long hours, Not much room for advancement. Poor management.
Fun place to work lots of great people
Dispatcher-receptionist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAMarch 26, 2014
Pros: great workplace environment
Cons: to far to travel after i had a baby
I would go from answering phones to greeting customers to sorting mail to entering data in the computer to showing visitors around the building. I learned patients and customer service skills. I learned that not everyone you come in contact with is going to be happy but you still treat them all the same. I worked with some amazing people and my boss – more... was great too. Everyone was willing to lend a hand when it was needed. The hardest part of my job was leaving there when I had a baby. I didn't want to leave. The most enjoyable part of my job was showing up everyday. I loved everything that I did at Charter. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Photos