Charter Communications

Charter Communications Employer Reviews

Horrible Workplace Environment
Broadband Senior Sales Rep (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 23, 2014
Pros: set schedule
Cons: micro management, inflexible rigid business plan.
The management has a turn and burn philosophy when it comes to hiring... they are NEVER held accountable for their failures (which are numerous) instead of changing out managers that cant handle the business needs they blame the reps and just continuously rotate in new employees. I worked there for 6 years and during that time I saw hundreds of people – more... come and go.. it got to a point where it wasn't even worth it to get to know new people because odds were they would be gone in a month or two... that being said the employees that work there are genuinely good people and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unreasonable customers who want the world and being pushed from behind by management to provide the customers with the least value possible so essentially you get the worst from both sides. I would NEVER recommend this company to anyone I know or care about and would go so far to say that this is possible one of the worst companies in America to work for. – less
Too difficult to compete against own company
Business Account Executive (Former Employee), Coldwater, MIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free charter services
Cons: unrealistics demands for over-saturated territory
I was hired to sell internet, phone and video options to small-medium businesses, but the territory given was small, over-saturated and very little demand left. I was given unrealistic sales quotas that could never be met and the closest I came was 50% and they never paid me for it because they let me go at the end of that month. I was told it would – more... take up to three years to develop a good referral partner program and was expected that 20-30% of my sales generated from those partners; however, I was given 11 months to compete against our call center, 24/7 advertising on TV and other representatives in the area and not allowed to advertise. – less
A Mess to Work for
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free cable if you lived in the state they are covering
Cons: low pay and no hope for advancement
The Charter Contact Center in Louisville KY is one of the most micro managed messes I have come across in my 20 years in the corporate business world. They are more focused on controlling their workforce than they are about providing quality service to their customers. This is reflected by their employee turnover rate of between 80 and 90 percent in – more... the first 2 months. Add in that the location of the center insures that employees are unable to go anywhere during lunch or breaks which means they are effectively prisoners. Unable to use cell phones or even their own computers unless they are specifically at their job there is also no phone access to employees without getting preapproval from a supervisor thus eliminating any incoming emergency calls for employees with children. – less
Very fast pace environment
Human Resources Coordinator III (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: layoffs
What I have learned in Human Resources is that communication and great customer service are very important in this job. Serving employees and vendors can make a difference in how they view the company/management and the HR group . I had a great boss, she was my mentor. Every time you stepped in her office was an opportunity to learn something. Because – more... it was a small group in HR we always had to work together helping each other out every day. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the employees with problems/concerns – less
not recommended
Telephone Order Coordinator (Former Employee), louisianaJuly 14, 2014
over worked...under paid
My overall experience with this company was lots of personal growth. this job taught me all the necessary skills to be successful in any future endeavors.
Company is not concerned of the treatment of their employees
Quota Manager (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 10, 2014
Was a difficult place to work due to the inner politics and favoritism.
good
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAJuly 10, 2014
Friendly co-workers. Good management team. Good Benefits. Great place to work at.
Challenging Job with something new to do everyday
Field Maintenance Tech (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 9, 2014
Pros: work truck, and commisions on sales
Cons: level of in the field training.
Enjoyed learning about the in's and out's of the cable plant system. How the plant works etc. Coworkers were pleasant and easy to get along with and most had the teamwork mentality. Probably the hardest part of my job was digging up underground plant to replace broken sections of cable. Looked forward to doing something new everyday.
Fun Place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJuly 8, 2014
Pros: in cases where we had emergency we could leave to tend if it was a short period of time.
It was great place to work, not big staff everyone knew everyone, the hardest thing would be when I saw customers not happy with service, but always was able to fix it or get someone that was more experienced to help.
Experienced Professional looking for a career where I can grow and be an asset.
Workforce Management Coordinator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: self starter, detail oriented, multi tasker, team player, hardworking, dependable
Demonstrated capacity to manage and coordinate order management and technical processes that improve organizational efficiency. Proven track record of accurately completing research, reporting, billing, and project management with demanding time frames. Highly focused and results oriented professional, highly skilled in assessment and problem resolution. – more... Effective communication abilities and customer service skills. Able to adapt to changing situations, self-motivated as well as welcome new challenges. – less
i was productive in this workplace
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Reno, NVJuly 7, 2014
Pros: smoke breaks.
Cons: terrible managment
i felt used as an employee instead of a member of the team. as if i was expendable. So my employee moral was low as well the rest of my coworkers. I'm a very fun loving person who wants to see all my fellow peers or associates happy to be around me.never uplifted one another very sad place of employment.
Decent Place to Work
Confidential (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 6, 2014
The home office Is fairly relaxed compared to other Fortune 500 organizations.

The company seems to still be defining its "culture."
Decent culture with questionable management and weekly policy changes.
Technician (Current Employee), TexasJune 30, 2014
Pros: discounted services
Cons: no breaks throughout the day.
Weekly policy changes. Best part of job is independence throughout the day. Worst part is the hours...Long days
Difficult job, but great company to work for
Billing Advisor (Current Employee), Fond du Lac, WIJune 29, 2014
The benefits and perks for working here are great. The people you work with are pretty amazing, too. You have to have thick skin for the job, but it gets easier over time.
Strong cohesion among field technicians.
Advanced Broadband Installer (Former Employee), Greenville, SCJune 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, compensation, friends, truly a fun and rewarding job.
Cons: dangerous work; i saw electrical shocks, falls, spider bites, car accidents in my 7 months.
Hours were 8am - 5pm plus frequent mandatory overtime.
Disconnect and installed, troubleshooted and repaired cable, internet and telephone services.
Some management would bend over backwards to help you, others were seemingly absentee throughout the day.
Co-workers were loyal, friendly and we would go the extra mile for each other every single day.
The – more... hardest part of the job was keeping up with all of the parts and equipment every aspect of the job. Easily over 100 different parts, tools and equipment we had to order, organize, use and maintain daily. That and training was short (only 2 weeks) before I was out there alone doing advanced installs.
Most enjoyable part of the job was being out there in the field building and maintaining the system that brings TV, internet and phone to people's homes.
I left the job voluntarily because I suffered a 500+ volt shock that went through my chest. It caused no burns, and I seemed to shrug it off. A manager checked me over and said I looked fine; but in the long term it must have been that shock that rendered me weak, confused and tired for the rest of the month, of which I didn't take a single extra day off. I lost my appetite and thirst, and lost 20 lbs that month. I could no longer keep up with the work load, and started making very stupid mistakes. My manager was all over me, and I felt constantly exhausted. I could barely carry my ladder anymore. Before that I was an all star, I was topping the charts among my team mates, jumping across creeks with my ladder on my shoulder, and never made mistakes.
Since then I have rehabilitated myself and am in good physical condition again. They say test for electricity for 3 seconds with the VOM, I say test for 10. Electrical currents can "ghost" when a neutral to ground is broken: that is, be invisible for a few seconds, but suddenly surge. That's what got me. – less
Provides cable, internet, and phone serivce
Retentins Sales Representative (Current Employee), Walker MichiganJune 25, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: constant schedule change
A typical day at Charter starts on the phones and ends on the phones. Charter is a company focused on delivering an exemplary level of customer service. I work with Management every day to ensure we as a team are meeting necessary Charter business goals. I've learned how to multi task and I have a different respect for time management as that was a – more... primary focus of my position. The most enjoy part of my job is being recognized for being consistently above average. – less
Fun work place, lots of advancement oportunity
Business Billing Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 25, 2014
typical day taking calls helping customers with issues

always learning something new

great management team and co-workers always willing to support you with what you need, made lots of friends

hardest part of the job is the stress of angry customers

really enjoyed all the people I worked with and the opportunity to advance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rochester, MNJune 23, 2014
Pros: free tv and internet!
Cons: stressful
Overall I would say Charter is a good place to work if you can handle a high-stress job on a daily basis.
A typical day at work is busy and you do have to deal with some difficult customers while being monitored by supervisors, quality people and other management individuals.
The nicest part of the job is when you can help someone with an issue they've – more... been struggling with in just minutes and they are so grateful. It makes you feel good. Co-workers are nice too.
The hardest part of the job is the high stress level you deal with on a daily basis.
Charter has great benefits and if you're motivated and want to move up there are tons of opportunities. – less
Excellent workplace
Broadband Technican (Current Employee), Slidell, LouisianaJune 23, 2014
A good place to work, easy to get promoted. Hardest part about the job is doing installs. Installs are time consuming.
Big Call Center
Retention Specialist (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 23, 2014
Pros: prizes, commission, bbq
Cons: shift bids too often
If you like working in call centers, this is better than most. A lot of great co-workers and supervisors. The hardest part of the job is keeping up on all new products and stats that you have to maintain. The most enjoyable part is prizes that are given out.

1 2 3 4 5

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Photos