Charter Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,219 reviews matching the search
call center environment
Billing advisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 6, 2016
typical day included answering calls about cable bills. often had meetings about procedures and policies,
hardest part of job, dealing with upset customers.
most enjoyable part of job, interacting with co workers
Pros
coworkers very nice
Cons
short breaks
great pay and benefits
Video Repair Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJune 6, 2016
the pay and benefits are great but if you are a person that cant handle getting yelled at this is not a job for you. you take calls all day from guests that are having issues with their services and you have to help them fix it. there are many guests that dont care how hard you work they will blame you if you cant fix the issue
A fun job if you like telemarketing.
Retention Representative (Former Employee) –  Walker, MIJune 5, 2016
They pay is probably the best thing, I you are in a Charter area you get everything for free. Some of the callers are a bit on nutty side but overall a good career job.
The Charter Retention Department is strictly a performance and numbers orientated environment
Retention Advisor (Current Employee) –  Walker, MIJune 4, 2016
In the Retention department you are taking calls from customers that are calling to either lower the bill or completely disconnect the services from Charter Communications. Your job is to save the customer and keep as much retained revenue as possible. This is a very performance and numbers orientated environment. The management is looking at all kinds of stats every day. It seems that management is always looking for something wrong, no matter how well your metrics are.
I have learned how to use effective strategies to retain customers and sales in a phone environment at Charter Communications.
Even though a Retention Advisor is a stressfull job. Charter does have great benefits with Health Insurance, Dental and Eye Insurance, Life Insurance, 401K, Short and Long Term Disability. I do enjoy my co-workers too.
Pros
Growing Company with Great Benifits
Cons
Stressfull and under appreciated job
A Changing Environment
Customer Support Lead (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIJune 3, 2016
As a coordinator you take inbound phone calls for a variety of customer issues, to include taking payments, reviewing bill statements. As a lead I work with escalated customers, resolve concerns and provide customers with positive resolutions.
The most rewarding part is solving others problems and the great working community within the company.
Pros
Floating holidays, great co-workers, caterers avaiable for lunch purchases
Cons
Possible overtime, open on weekends
not a fun place to work
Office Manager at Telecommunications Company (Current Employee) –  La Junta, CO 81050June 3, 2016
big corporation with to many rules and regulations, does not look out for the employees. Pay is decent, benefits good, management not so good.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
not much advancement
Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 1, 2016
A typical day at charter was always different. You never knew what kind of people you were going to talk to on the phones that day but thats what made it great.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Negative people
Amazing Atmosphere.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2016
Everyone is friendly and welcoming. It is a fast pace experience and would encourage many to apply to this place of work.
A good place to work
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 31, 2016
I spent seven years working at charter and the environment was great for five out of the seven years. i have heard that it is better now, so i may try to go back.
benefits
Cons
in a sales environment when things are bad they are really bad
The job can be tough at time but the people are awesome.
Billing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 30, 2016
The job can be tough at times, customers can be very rude and charter has ALOT of policies. but the company does alot of charity work and it is fun to participate in that. very active and growing company.
Meets you where you are at
Customer Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MNMay 29, 2016
This organization is a diverse group of individuals where management and administration work diligently to meet you where you are at. They work to develop you and work with you in times where life may be a bit of a challenge. It is noted specifically with those who have disabilities or health challenges as they work to accommodate your needs as you continue to work through your life's challenges.
The most challenging part of the position is the matrix of measurements utilized for success as it is not easy to become a high achiever contrary to what it may initially seem.
Pros
Accomodating
Cons
Measurements for achievement
High pace working environment
Business Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 29, 2016
Come into office at 8:30am, go onto CSG to look up business' that I will prospect that day. Leave office onto the field by 11:00am. Knock on at least 30-40 business doors. Either close on the spot (one stop close), or get business cards and email them later that day. Return to the office by 4:00-4:30pm and send emails to prospects. Close. close, close accounts on a daily basis.

The hardest part of this job is to make sure installs occur within our fiscal selling month.

The most enjoyable aspect is "PAYDAY."
Pros
Pay day
Cons
Working with technicians installing.
Major Micro management
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAMay 28, 2016
Threats about your job. No family values. Great company before, definantly not now! No room if you have children and something happens where you have to leave work or miss work due to illness or whatever. WRITE-UP if you do automatically
Pros
Great Career and MONEY
Cons
No team work and leadership
Productive and financially stable environment
Call Center Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 27, 2016
Fun and creative environment
Gained great sales experience
Made long-last friendships
Difficult times when sales were low
Best part of the job was the mone

jlsnflslnlnsd
A fun place to work at with a quiet room for those employees who wanted to rest during their break.
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Irwindale, CAMay 25, 2016
A great company to work for. It was a lot of fun working at Charter with many benefits and holidays. Good employees were always rewarded and promoted.
Great job just looking for better advancement due to my experience.
Senior Tech/Lead Associate (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 24, 2016
I start off cycle counting the warehouse making sure location match up to the inventory. I personally do shipping and receiving. Label product if needed and put it away thoroughly in the proper locations and consolidate as needed. I assists with any questions on the floor with other employees, email and receive and product and email personal as needed. I may train or assists if needed. There is know hard part about the job I am use to the fast past environment. I learned to be thorough and consistent in routine and details to make my work and work environment easy. My knowledge gets me respect from my peers where they can relay on me and trust me.
Pros
Flexible if there is an emergency
Cons
Employees to be more versatile, so they can learn knew things.
A fun workplace
Workforce Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2016
I enjoyed working here however the creative differences are what drove me away. Overall I would recommend , however this is not a place to make a solid career with.
great place for an employee that is self motivated
installer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALMay 22, 2016
For self motivated individual this is a great job. You are mostly working by yourself. If work is completed to everyones satisfaction then you rarely see your supervisor
Pros
work alone
Cons
extremely demanding
Charter gave me great sales experience
Store Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Crescent City, CA 95531May 21, 2016
I loved working for the cable company, I developed long lasting relationships with the customers and thrived off providing them with the best experience. The job was excellent, I have nothing negative to say about it.
Great company to work at
CPE Analyst III. (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNMay 20, 2016
Very good company to work at. They have good benefits as well as a good 401K plan. Management is open to new ideas. If you go above and beyond they take care of you.
Benefits