Charter Communications

Charter Communications Employee Reviews

not the greatest place to work
Customer Service and Sales (Former Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJune 7, 2015
Pros: hours worked
Cons: work life balance
In office position. Assisting customer with starting new cable services and customer service issue. Very faced paced.

Management was not very supportive. Co-workers worked closely together to make job easier.

The hardest part of the job was not having support from management.
didnt like it
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 5, 2015
didnt like how it was ran or the management. they never worked with your or your schedule. it was a horrible place to work for.
Great Environment and awesome co-workers
Retention Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Walker, MIJune 5, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, 401K
Cons: Not a lot of options for travel on 30 minute lunches.
I love the benefits and the learning experience I have acclaimed working at Charter. I have learned excellent time management skills, great customer service qualities, and made lifetime friendships. The hardest part in the beginning was learning the systems and getting the flow mastered. After I accomplished how to do those things, It was great. I enjoyed the most the challenge of maintaining high numbers and mastering my sales techniques.
It is a good place to work. People are friendly, and will help any way they can
Billing Advisor (Former Employee), Fond du lac, WIJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free cable and phone
Cons: depending where you live depends on if you get free cable and phone
I was there for training only. I learned how they have grown and, how the CEO and other management really interacts with the employees. I really enjoyed the people I trained with. The Hardest part was getting so much information in a short time.
Management is terrible
Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Vestavia Hills, ALJune 2, 2015
Jealousy among managers. There is very little advancement beyond supervisor. Communication is very rare. Good overall company outside of Alabama.
Large Company with Clouded Vision
Escalation Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 2, 2015
The work environment can be difficult to be in due to the high attrition rates and the "hire anyone off the street" attitude that is possessed for front line agents. The management provides little direction and at times seems to not know what is currently going on within its own teams.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Mount Pleasant, MIJune 1, 2015
Pros: Small office
Cons: small office
I learned a lot while working for Charter. There were times that this job was very crazy trying to help other people. I also made a few great friends while working here.
Enviromentally safe and good natured
Broadband Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Walker, MIMay 29, 2015
Pros: Have a lot of challenges
Cons: none
Charter is fun and highly team oriented with goals in mind it is not just a job it is a career! it is a job that you would love to attend everyday.
Great Management
Field Auditor (Former Employee), Hurst, TXMay 29, 2015
Management here is amazing. At times this job can be difficult and require you to be fearless in sorts. Otherwise was a fun experience. Benefits were also great. My only complaint is the pay is not to impressive.
Great place to work for
Retention/Sales (Former Employee), Walker, MIMay 28, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: No assigned seating
I enjoyed my time there it was just no longer what I was looking for, its a great place to work for if you are a sales driven person.
Company has the cutting edge technology available for its employees
Converter Control Specialist (Former Employee), Walworth, WIMay 27, 2015
Pros: Cutting edge technology.
Cons: Wasteful of resources. Money was not a real large factor in company decisions.
Charter was a fun place to work. They always had the most advanced technology available to its employees to get the gob done accurately. Company was always changing and that keep the day to day activities always on the cutting edge.
n/a
Broadband Technical Support Adviser (Former Employee), Rochester, MNMay 26, 2015
it was ok but im not ok with the management and the pay is good but youll always deal with negavitiy that all and there is less stress to do
Fun place to work BUT BEWARE!!!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Riverside, CAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Everything else about this place
I worked at Comcast for over 7 years in Fresno, CA averaged 70k a year. Relocated back to Southern California due to school. Worked at Charter for 6 months making peanuts compared to Comcast. I left Charter to work at Dennys when they raised sales quota from 10 to 12. Due to Charters poor customer service in the past, most potential subscribers I have encountered hated the company.
Good job but no benefits and late work hours
Service partner (Current Employee), Sikeston, MOMay 26, 2015
I usually go in from 12:00pm to 9:30pm or 1:00pm to close (which is when the last technician is out of the field, usually 11:00 or midnight) I route the technitions in the areas they are in, move their work around if they are running behind, sending hourly reports on missed timeframes and nightly reports on On Time Arrival percentages and why any jobs may have been left open and not complete by the end of the night. I work alone usually after 8:30pm or 9:30pm and lock up when I leave. We get 30 minute lunches. I love my co-workers I have made wonderful friends there. The hardest part of the job is just keeping late hours and there are no benefits to the job.
Not a good company at all
Field Technician (Former Employee), Kearney, NEMay 25, 2015
Pros: Discounted services
Cons: everything else
Management works against employees not with or for them. Long hours, too many jobs in one day to get home at a decent time. Absolutely no support structure.
Interaction with installation technicians
Dispatcher, Router, Senior Warehouse Technician (Former Employee), Gardnerville, NVMay 25, 2015
Management is not required to know your job. I learned to interact and direct and organize my workday to meet company standards
job
Senior Technician/Commercial Business Technician (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: take work van home, good beneifits
Cons: politices at job
good work enjoinment but managers are only looking out for themselves an will do anything they can to make them selves look good.
Not a good place to work
Broadband Technician Senior (Current Employee), Casper, WYMay 22, 2015
Pros: Cheap cable services and provided gear
Cons: Corporate setting unrealistic standards and refusing to work with techs.
Requirements are not reasonable and teamwork is discouraged by upper management. Co-workers are good to work with and try to look out for each other but the corporate office has little to no respect for its technicians and refuse to listen to suggestions or answer questions on what can be done better. Local management easy to get along with and work for. Poor training.
Was a great place to work.
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNMay 22, 2015
Pros: Benefits, commissions
Cons: No work life balance
Worked as an outside sales rep for almost 2 years and loved it until new supervisor came in and destroyed team moral. Upper management could have cared less as long as you worked 6 days a week and got new customers. Had conference calls in the morning afternoon and again at 9:00 pm every night. Then also again on Saturdays. No work life balance. As an outside sales rep you kind of have control over your schedule, not true with Charter. You basically worked 10-9 Monday through Friday and 10-4 on Saturdays.
Life at Charter
Technical QA Supervisor (Current Employee), Suffolk VAMay 21, 2015
Pros: training, complimentary service living in the footprint, great working atmostshere
Cons: financial compensation
Charter is a great company to work for and they look for employees that has a need to succeed and a passion for quality. The offer great health benefit, matching 401 and complimentary service for employee living in its footprint.

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Salaries