Charter Communications

Charter Communications Employer Reviews

Loved working here
Customer Service Sales representative Lead (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNSeptember 27, 2014
This was an awesome place to work. I got married and moved and wasn't able to transfer my job. Work load was steady and I learned about team work. Management was caring and helpful
Loved working here
Construction Tech I (Former Employee), Farmington, MOSeptember 27, 2014
Pros: good place to work and company truck
Cons: be sides my job being deteled nothig..
I was in charge of building new and replacing old cable and fiber to business & homes. I learned a lot of different things with cable & fiber. My boss was a good man to work for and with.
Its work
Direct Sales representative (Former Employee), Hammond, laSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: learning
Cons: the pay
Learned allot about woodwork. Outdoor shop with no AC was tuff.
Sales/Marketing
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee), Newtown, CTSeptember 21, 2014
Learned the sales business. Was introduced to Marketing and Management entry level positions.
You learn something new everyday at the workplace
Retention Advisor (Current Employee), Walker, MISeptember 18, 2014
Pros: hourly wage
Cons: short breaks
Assisting customers with billing concerns can be very stressful.Working as a retention representative,you have to mange time good and also be a problem solver.Management seems to be consistent but at the same time no one seems to be on the same page.The hardest part of my job is being micormanaged.The most enjoyable part of the job is ending the call with a happy customer.
A day at work
Video Repair Rep I (Current Employee), Rochester MNSeptember 16, 2014
I work in a call center so I go to my desk and log into my workstation.
During the day I take calls from Charter customers with various cable related services issues. I learned how to be very patient and well versed in explaining technical issues to a wide array of customers. Working in a call center we have teams that we are assigned by our work schedule time. We have weekly team meetings and individual coachings on our performance. Sometimes the customers can be less than professional with the language that they use to describe their cable issues. I just learn to work through it and try to resolve their issue and provide them with the best level of customer service that i can provide in the time allowed. I enjoy leaning about technology and the employee benefits are impressive.
Corporate America
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Vancouver, WASeptember 16, 2014
This company is your classic example of corporate America. It is very cut dry and fast paced.
Accounts Rec
Account Receivables Specialist (Current Employee), Ada, MISeptember 15, 2014
Work was easy. Benefits were good. Management made the job not so great.
Worst Company to work for
Inside sales (Former Employee), Greenville officeSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free services
Cons: expectations, management, do not care about the welfare of their employees.
I worked for Charter for less then a year. The training you received was bad and they are changing policies and procedures almost every day with poor training for the changes. The supervisors that really care to help you are far and few. The expectations on the sales floor change frequently and I believe they do this so people commissions are low. When you do speak to management about problems they have a way to turn it against you and never address the problem. While I was there I saw people leaving or fired as I was and the turn over is high. When they finally fired me they were rude and did not care what happened to me as they have done to others.
Be careful about who you trust in management because they will stab you in the back. If you have a chose not to work there take!!!!
I feel that 90% turnover in our Direct Sales Dept is unaccepable
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee), Grand Junction COSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: salary guarantee and complany benefits. it's sales
Cons: the company policy that 90% turnover is acceptable. not a long term stable career!
Recently, a typical day at work is that another person quits and my supervisor says, " I need to hire more people".
I am the most senior Direct Sales Rep.(DSR) and I have less than 3-yrs. with the company. Their were 14 DSR's when I joined the company less than 3-Yrs. ago. A stable work career, I think not!
I have learned that not one of my direct sales supervisors has my back and that management can and will take punitive action against me even in times of personal hardship.
Management seems overloaded with activities that has nothing to do with identifying and promoting winning sales strategies, motivation and encouragement of their sales team. I appreciate my DSR supervisor but do NOT want the job.
My coworkers joke about who is next to leave, and how they are looking for other sales opportunities.
The hardest part of the job is knocking on up to 100 doors a day and not getting a sale, only to have management take action that I believe hampers and hinders my sales ability. So, I have to guard against the many inconsiderate and rude prospects, but I must also protect myself from the company and my supervisors. It sucks!
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a successful month where I earn a good commission that's double my monthly salary.

I leaving soon too.
productive and great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 11, 2014
I loved working here, the atmosphere and co-workers, including management were invaluable. I never had a bad day.
Unrealistic Expectations
Retention Representative (Former Employee), Walker, MISeptember 11, 2014
Pros: free services if you happen to live in a covered area
Cons: nit-picked on a daily basis
Requirements change on a routine basis. While you may feel like you're doing well, the metrics could change next week such that you are no longer meeting company expectations.
Typical work day
Broadband Technician IV (Former Employee), Farmington, MOSeptember 8, 2014
Installation, maintenance and repairing of telecommunication cables used for television, phone and internet connectivity. It involves area evaluation for cable installations. I perform the maintenance and repair of cables while ensuring the proper connectivity for users while installing the cable accessories. I use a meter to report the proper signal strength and other attributes of a cable signal as it travels from the service provider to the customer.
Great Environment, Poor Advancement
Retention Specialist and Sales (Former Employee), Greenville, MISeptember 8, 2014
Pros: great comissions
Cons: unrealistic expectations of sales goals.
Charter Communications is a very large company, with that being said the individual is often seen as the number and not the employee. While my pay and commissions were great it could not outweigh the corporate decisions that were made conceding my job across the company. My job was to sit in an office and convince people to not switch providers, ultimately I was not told that this position was going to be experimental and because of that my job was sent back to a call center.
Charter Communications is a great place to work
Customer Sales and Service Representative (Current Employee), Gardnerville, NVSeptember 7, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: lack of advancement in the area
Charter Communications has been a great place to work. They believe in their employees and strive to help them reach their goals. I believe the management teams reach out to employees for information to help them help the team.
A typical day at work consists of working with customers in our local office. I reach out to the local management for support and get it. I strive to achieve all of my goals including sales, customer service, and money management. I enjoy my coworkers and we help each other whenever possible. We try to guide each other in directions that benefit the company.
I believe the hardest part of the job is when I don't have the answer to the question in front of me. I like to salve problems and when I cannot I get frustrated with myself.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I come into contact whit everyday. I believe that life is not about me, but the people I come into contact with every day. I try and make that an enjoyable experience for all involved.
Antiquated system, no time off
Lead System Technician (Former Employee), Gilroy, CASeptember 6, 2014
Management has been replaced many times, but not repaired. I do not wish to talk about Charters short comings.
The pay was great as well as the benefits.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: full time with benefits
Cons: i am not cut out for call center job.
Charter was a very stressful place to work. I was just not cut out for call center employment.
great place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 2, 2014
show up on time and start a productive day
comany finds way to improve the sales tactic for each employee
team work is key
RUN AWAY RUN AWAY
TECHNICIAN SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), TennesseeAugust 29, 2014
Cons: hr department, for one and it would take days to write about the cons
Charter is a joke unrealistic expectations will find a way to fire you at the drop of a button HR lies about how much they care for you but its all bs. If you got a problem like your van needs brakes its like oh well we will get it fixed when we can,.Force Techs to work on medications that can impair driving even if you tell them your on a narcotic it doesn't matter "DO YOUR ROUTE" or turn in your equipment You always fell like at the drop of a hat you can be fired your never safe. The upper management loves to throw you under the bus to save their own job. even though this is a dangerous job accidents will happen and when they do they are pretty serious The supervisors and HR are quick to put the blame on the employee no matter the circumstances

About Charter Communications

Charter Communications navigates the waters of US cable services. The cable system operator has about 5 million mostly-residential – Read more

Charter Communications Photos