This position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the value of the organization’s real estate for the benefit of the residents/tenants and community while maximizing financial returns. Manages the purchasing, budgeting, marketing and relationships with the community, residents/tenants and vendors for all housing related issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Assists in determining the processes and measurements for success in performance, including occupancy rate levels, Public Housing Authority Scores (PHAS), resident satisfaction rates and safety and security measures.
- Ensures that Property Managers are in compliance with processes and measures for success.
- Monitors lease compliance by supervising Property Managers on resident behavior through inspections, review of aged receivable reports, holding formal/informal hearings, promptly attending to resident complaints and following up on resolutions.
- Issues eviction notices and testifies on behalf of COC properties in housing court.
- Reviews overall unit inspections: move-in, 90-day, move-out and housekeeping. Makes recommendations for improvement.
- Keeps up-to-date on federal and state guidelines and regulations. Informs staff of changes to guidelines and revises processes to comply with guideline changes.
- Develops operating and capital budgets that reflect financial and resident objectives for operating all residential properties, especially cash flow and leasing strategies.
- Prepares monthly operating accounting reports. Assumes accountability for budget administration, operational review, identifying issues and correction actions.
- Oversees preparation of all reports, including monthly reports, weekly, delinquency/occupancy, and excess rent bad debt write-off, and expense reports.
- Supervises and leads a staff which manages and maintains properties.
- Develops marketing initiatives to attract new residents.
- Oversees the approval of invoices for goods and services required to maintain properties up to industry standards.
- Evaluates and coordinates support services for residents/tenants.
- Develops and maintains property vendor relationships.
- Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with Property Managers, peers and other members of the team.
- Required to attend Board Meetings.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional analytical and strategic skills to plan, organize and control property functions
- Superb client-centered, positive and professional attitude
- Extensive tactical operation skills to read construction and architectural documents and to develop RFP’s for vendor/leasing property services.
- Outstanding ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with employees, residents and the public.
- Solid experience in creating and maintaining budgets.
- Outstanding drive to strive for improvements in processes and procedures in order to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Significant ability to set priorities and cope with competing demands.
- Significant ability to lead and direct staff in various site offices.
- Strong ability to work in an organized and efficient manner with a high level of accuracy, attention to detail and follow through.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong judgment and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work extended hours, as needed.
Direct/Indirect supervisory responsibility.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in business management, public administration or a related discipline. A Master’s Degree is a plus. In addition, a minimum of five (5) years of property management or related experience, with three (3) of those years in a supervisory capacity. Currently PHM certified or be certified within six months of hire/transfer. Hold a Tax Credit Certification or have the ability to be certified within one year of hire/transfer.
Microsoft, Word, Excel and Outlook proficiency. An exam may be administered which will assess competency level in accordance with position description criteria. A current driver’s license and the ability to maintain a current license. Pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, educational background check and criminal investigation.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Indeed - 9 months ago
Through visionary leadership, creative financing arrangements, astute human relations and comprehensive partnerships with local, state and F...