Charter Oak Health Center Employee Reviews

good place to work
PSR float,HHC orders Procesor,Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 29, 2017
good place to work , only no raise and no place to advance my self
and there is no overtime, co worker and patient are great. mix of culture all respected and appreciated . the hardest part of the job is no job security, and other part of my job as a PSR float means that I change my work place as many as 5 times or 6 times a day. dangers area to work in. shooting on weekly basis out side the center.
Pros
relax athmosfere, good patient flow, and respect between co workers
Cons
only no raise and no place to advance my self
productive day
Practice Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 10, 2017
always busy managing phone calls for medication refills, urgent phone calls. at one point was in charge of the medical assistant schedule. hardest part was communication between staff.
Friendly environment
Certified Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 31, 2017
Enjoyed working with the diverse patients. Enjoy working in a clinical setting. Good company to work for, was the first (Full time) placed I worked in right after graduating Dental Assisting school.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Staff is great!
Outreach Worker, Medical Assistant, Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 1, 2016
You're usually busy on a day to day basis. You learn a lot on patient care, people skills, time management, etc. Co-workers are great! Hardest part of the job is not being able to help every patient/client due to individual's obstacles. Most enjoyable part of the job is making a difference in a patient's/client's life/day.
excellent place to work
podiatrist (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutMarch 25, 2016
the patients and coworkers are really excellent.
work flow and coordination is very good
the hardest part of the job is patients not showing up sometimes.
spanish speaking sometimes can be hinderance to work flow
Pros
paid vacation, paid of lisensing
Cons
a lot of no shows
Disorganized workplace. Staff are careless, selfish. Poor management/supervisory team.
Staff Nurse/RN (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Very disorganized workplace. Staff are careless, selfish, which leads to poor patient care. They don't provide patient safety procedures or systems, placing nurses at risk for adversities. Very few coworkers that care enough to help and teach others. Too many distasteful personalities, difficult to work with. Staff engage in gossip instead of helping and working as a team. Very poor management, not available when needed, don't provide needed resources, leave you at your own to drown. The job itself is unchanging, repetitive, chaotic at times.
Pros
Very few providers were caring towards staff and patients. Very few!
Cons
Careless, selfish, unavailable management/supervisory team. Unchanging, repetitive job duties.
Prevail expliotation and lies
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 3, 2015
Prevail exploitation and lies. They hired a group of new clinicians when they were doing negotiations to pass the BH services administration to another company. After just some months of hired us they called for individual meetings with the CEO and HR Director to gave us the termination letter because of that change in administration. The termination letter is effective in 60 to 90 days. The 60 days for the termination to be effective end on December 30.
.......
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 30, 2015
I choose not to respond to this question as things are good at my current employer, however they do not have good benefits, and no raises. Plus there are no places for me to expand and to grow within the organization.
I didn't know things could be better
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 23, 2015
I tried sticking it out for 3 years but it became impossible for me to stay after showing health issues. They treat their employees poorly and have made a lot of their money on the backs of people who need their jobs. The providers have no input on decisions made which is an obsolete idea if you want to make the proper decisions with the community health in mind. Very poor environment, very toxic. Federal and local funds were used inappropriately making allegations on Federal monies applications that were not real.
The board of directors needs to be completely changed, the CEO was fired and may be pending prosecution, the medical director at the time was arrested for inappropriate misconduct trading narcotics for unsavory acts in his previous job and he was not checked for his background. I don't know of the current CEO or medical director. Last week I heard their front door is a revolving door because no one lasts employed there. They either quit or are fired.
DO NOT WORK THERE!
This is a site for the loan repayment program but it is not worth going there. Look for another site.
Pros
Good coworkers, I forged good friendships there.
Cons
all of the above
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 2, 2015
learned different system
worked with many different employees
very understanding supervisor
really appreciated the time worked there
exciting challenging
Patient Service Representative/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 17, 2014
great experience...patient support sliding fee scale ..pediatrics dept rocks co-wokers very respectable team oriented
Pros
short lunches
Cons
great room for advancement
HealthCare company
Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2014
Answer phones, type minutes, was the Executive Assistant to President & CEO.

Management was uptight and not very understanding
Pros
Christmas party
Cons
Weren't understanding
Community Health Center
Primary Care Physician (Former Employee) –  Hartford,CTFebruary 22, 2013
Multi pratice health center with a focus on the underserved popultaion in Hartford, CT
Pros
autonomy, advancement
Cons
marriage- had to relocate to nys
Team environment.
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartford,CTJanuary 8, 2013
As the HR Manager the first thing I needed to do is check my diary as a typical day was comprised of meetings and actual hands on work.

I did a lot of recruiting of both clinical and non-clinical staff which made the day very interseting as I met new people and also accomplished my goals of hiring.
Pros
it had a very diverse employee base.
Cons
processes were at times not followed through which made it at times difficult to work.
Bitter Sweet
Medical Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2012
Its a great place to work but its still in need of major improvements
This Place is a Mad House!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hartford CTMay 10, 2012
To preface this review, I did not get fired from COHC, I left of my own free will after spending a short time employed there.
I cannot believe anyone can last as an employee of COHC for more than a week. The staff is curt and rude, and the managers are unorganized and nepotistic.
There seem to be many opportunities to move up in this company, but only if you're willing to stab an unwitting coworker in the back to get there.
I've witnessed employees using inappropriate language, gestures, and lies to hurt their peers...and I'm talking about managers! Unscrupulous behavior seems not just tolerated, but encouraged.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
hostile work environment, bad parking, quick employee turnover