Charter One Bank, N.A. Employee Reviews in United States

Decent place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHApril 13, 2016
When I worked for this company, I was a part time teller. I absolutely loved the people I worked with. The company, on the other hand, had it's moments. When you have great co-workers, and your customers become part of your everyday, that can make your work experience bearable and often having an overall sense of belonging. This company wasn't without its downs, but, the pay was great, hours was great, evenings free for family time, holidays off, and awesome co-workers to boot.
Pros
Good co-workers, great pay.
Cons
Sales goals
Horrible
Teller Manager/Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 14, 2016
No room to move up. No recognition. Company has no idea what they're doing and constantly changes rules, expectations, goals, and procedures.
Great work environment
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MIMarch 1, 2016
Friendly, professional, productive, and fun work place. I would love to work for them again or work for a similar company.
Everyone is out for #1
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 1, 2016
Management will constantly contradict itself and when push comes to shove; knowingly and unethically roll subordinates to cover for their inferior ability to manage people.
Pros
compensation
Cons
you are 100% on your own with little support and when mistakes are made it rolls down hill.
Productive company that always gave information about changes for the company as soon as possible
Consumer Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 11, 2015
Keeping contact through the company database about clients who are behind on their mortgages and giving them options to help them get current on their mortgages. Management was very involved in making sure we knew what new programs were available to the customer by keeping us informed quickly.
The environment was productive and constant room for growth
Lead Banker/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 7, 2015
I loved working at Charter One. Charter One provided a consent learning environment for their employees in which we learned how to build rapport and to expand our consumer base and excel in customer service. One of the most enjoyable moments was when a customer was approved for a loan or was able to save money with interested attached. Unfortunately, one of the most difficult parts of the job was letting someone know about insufficient funds and fees that acquired over time.
Pros
commision and employee benefits
Cons
constantly selling products
Great Place to Work
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHDecember 3, 2015
Good place to work, supportive management and co-workers. Great company, follow the rules and there will be no problem.
Fun working place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIDecember 2, 2015
working at the bank was fun and enjoyable. customers loved us and the hours were great. Even though they got bought out by Citizens bank their still have great services. It was easy to move around and apply for different positions and they are gladly happy to train people.
Charter One was a great place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 15, 2015
I enjoyed working as a call center representative at Charter One Bank. It was a fun place to work. I learned a lot about the company, it's products and services and its customers.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
no cons
Fast paced, customer service based astmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 13, 2015
Provided customer service
Processed banking transactions
Facilitated large cash transactions
Bought and sold money to the Federal Reserve Bank
Trained new employees
Completed monthly audits of other tellers
Redeemed customer bonds
Facilitated purchase of EE and I Bonds
Completed daily teller balancing report
Completed change orders for customers
Completed currency transaction reports
Balanced vault
decent job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2015
If I had the opportunity I would work again with them. They offer several benefits to employees.Pay grade was good as well and they offered sick time and vacation time
Productive Workplace
Senior Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2015
Day started off good. Work was easy and management very understanding. Worked there for 3yerars and was given the opportunity to move up. Never really had time to speak to co-workers as the department was always busy helping accountholders on the phone. There wasnt really a hard part of the job everything was easy. The best part i liked was that you were aknowledged when going an extra step.
Pros
Management very understanding
Productive and professional growth
Hotline Specialist/Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 2, 2015
I reviewed and disbursed 10 - 20 loan file documents for compliance with Bank policy. I learned Quality Service Skills to build relationship with customers & coworker. Although department goals was a challenge, boosting up we got the job done
Pros
Our team received month end bonuses
Cons
Recognize as employee of the month
Good Place to work, but wasnt special
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MINovember 2, 2015
I had my ups and downs with this company. Sometimes I felf management was really there for me, while other times I felt they completely abandoned me. I left the company after almost 8 years feeling very unappreciated, though I had a very successful track record. It is unfortunate I feel that way because there are a lot of great people working for the company...but at the same time, I see why their turn-over is so high. I hope they get that together. More focus on the employees could help them retain a lot of good talented people.
fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 26, 2015
Company made it impossible to make the job about the customer we had to stop them from shopping to speak with us about opening and account.
good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 15, 2015
fun place to work, great supervisor.inconsistent hours. Great customers. Great employees, good working environment. Had most holidays off.
They're called Citizens Bank now
Assistant Branch Manager - Branch Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIOctober 13, 2015
This was a great start to understand how Corporate life on job is like. Sales driven financial institution that is pushing for results hour on the hour. Expectations are high and so are the goals.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Upper Management
unfair company
Assistant Branch Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MISeptember 27, 2015
The only thing that came from working at this company was the second new outside manager hired in for branch manager that has become a really good friend. Before that the branch manager was transferred to a new location the company hired the first outside person for the branch manager position. Not once was I offered the branch manager position but I was capable to train someone else for it.
meeting different people and knowledge of different products
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Nice place some days were fast and some were slow. The workers worked as a team and separate and management was good about motivating people
benefits
Cons
safety
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, ILSeptember 23, 2015
I would cash checks make out money orders and cashiers checks
balance a drawer on a daily basis somtimes balance the vault make out currency orders for businesses
Pros
we got a hour for lunch
Cons
You can be moved a anytime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter One Bank, N.A.. Our community is ready to answer.