Charter One Bank, N.A. Employee Reviews in United States

Branch Manager
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 3, 2015
Manage bank operation training and development
learned alot about working with diverse people
co worker were helpful.
Productive and fun workplace
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 27, 2015
Challenging and exciting place to work. Learn something new every day. Great colleague relationships. Great customer interactions. Very rewarding job.
Pros
Great schedule
Cons
Delayed benefits
Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMarch 16, 2015
Answering questions from customers and responding to all calls processed through Power Agent telephone system within a busy call center enviroment. Place calls through automated dialer system to leave messages, reconcile accounts, process transaction adjustments and negotiate payment arrangements.
Still Developing
Licensed Banker (Current Employee) –  Metro Detroit AreaFebruary 24, 2015
Charter One has a ways to go before they are able to compete with other banks in the Michigan/Ohio market. The licensed banker program is great in theory, but there is much work to do. I am fairly confident that in a few years the kinks will be worked out. I hope that my frustration doesn't cause me to seek employment elsewhere.
Pros
competitive pay.
Cons
not fully developed.
Asssist Consumers if reaching their goals.
Home Equity Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 16, 2015
I work credit applications as submitted by our Bank Branches and other sources. I also verify income and other information provided.
Productive work environment
Teller Manager/Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Evanston, ILFebruary 13, 2015
Charter One was a great place to learn and grow. I was very sad when the Illinois Branches were sold to US Bank. Charter One had a great management team to help colleagues to reach their goal.
Pros
child care subsidy
Cons
short lunch breaks
Charter One
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 11, 2015
my time spent working for Charter One was excellent and really helped mold me into the person and business man I am today. Through gudiance and mentors i had oppertunity to learn how to become a better me and growth and advancement with the company. Each day was a new and exciting challange filled with multitasking thought tough assinments. A typical day at charter one would start with morning meeting to help gear up for the day, followed by doors opening and enteracting with customers advicing and assisting their needs.I enjoyed everything about my job because i get to work with the public with opportunity to meet new people, helping to enrich their finacial and daily lifestyles.
Pros
growth and advancement, incentive plan
Too much micro-management
FINANCIAL SPECIALIST, Banking & Finance (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIFebruary 11, 2015
I started gung-ho as a banker, but once I was shafted of my bonus, I began to realize that this company was not what I was expecting.
Ever-Changing Environment
Senior Universal Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 19, 2015
I have worked for Charter One for many years now. It is a very sales oriented company to work for. I have learned to work hard, look at things outside of the box and to keep up with the constant changes. The hardest part of the job is giving it your all, sales wise, and not knowing what the possible reward will be at the end. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is working with tons of different types of people and the constant learning.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
tough sales goals
Stability
Fraud Specialist/Sr Loss Avoidance pecialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 11, 2015

Telephone Dialer Systems

Although the company claims to have Flex time policy for workers the management has a hard time allowing for flex time due to the shortage of employees.
Pros
hours
Cons
flextime
Understanding how to run a business
Loan officer (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 6, 2015
I cover three branches in the Lake County/Mayfield Heights area, rotating days between the three. Business is generated through branch referrals, relationships built with realtors or cold calling leads.

The great aspect of this job is the face to face relations but also the phone skills play a big part in success.

There isn't any micro-managing by leadership,so you run your own business. This teaches discipline in the structure of a daily, weekly schedule and total organization paperwork, computer files and learning the banks overlays

The hardest part of the job is building a consistent lead flow but with that being the case it lights a fire when you have a qualified client in front of you because you understand the business.
Pros
gives a great life work balance
Cons
job sercurity
decent company but crazy management
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  wood dale ilJanuary 5, 2015
they could have done a better job with upper management and not changed their focus every 2 weeks.
good place to work
Ops Associate I/ Logistics Room (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2015
Management helpful, and willing to listen. Paid holidays and some benefits good.
Poor Managment
Senior Teller and Vault Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIDecember 19, 2014
During my time with this company I noticed numerous under performing managers. The few exceptional managers I worked with chose to pursue careers with competitors.
Great People to work with
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  OHIODecember 19, 2014
The people I work with are wonderful but the goals are unachievable considering the market/competition and standards set by upper management. I do enjoy the hours but it is difficult to work every saturday. I was promised to only have to work some weekends but Im there every week.
very unsafe place to work
Retail Sales and Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2014
unsafe place to work was robbed twice one ending in manager being shot
Great company work for.
Proof encoder (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHOctober 30, 2014
I work until work completion.
I would come in log onto my encoding machine. Recieve my batches and encode all work
Manager was very helpful when need. Co- worker were easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was to find and error in a hurry. Everything was based on key stroks.
I found the most joy out enting batches with no errors
Enjoyed working face to face with customers to meet their needs.
Banker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIOctober 16, 2014
Had daily team huddles to discuss making target goals, call and set appointment's for new accounts from checking to loans, assist customers with account management ,process loans, open and close accounts.I learned to management my own money and budget. Management worked with bankers and co workers to make bank goals ,we all worked together as a team to have a good working environment and an make job goals. Your place banking was the hardest part of being a banker. The most enjoyable part was approving loans for customers.
Pros
working face too face with public
Cons
bonus program
It ok if you want to be a banker.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIOctober 15, 2014
Its an ok place to work for. I just didn't like the idea that I had to apply for Universal Banker or go to another branch. Then you have to go through the career link and there are very few places that want to have you be just a teller.
good company, great atmosphere
Supervising Banker (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 15, 2014
All in all a great place to work...
Advance quickly within branch but once you are ready to rise above there aren't many opportunities...
Pros
great staff, laid back work environment, have fun while making sales
Cons
no breaks, long hours, vacations nearly impossible, negative critisism from higher management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter One Bank, N.A.. Our community is ready to answer.