Charter One Bank, N.A. Employee Reviews

meeting different people and knowledge of different products
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 23, 2015
Nice place some days were fast and some were slow. The workers worked as a team and separate and management was good about motivating people
benefits
Cons
safety
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richton Park, ILSeptember 23, 2015
I would cash checks make out money orders and cashiers checks
balance a drawer on a daily basis somtimes balance the vault make out currency orders for businesses
Pros
we got a hour for lunch
Cons
You can be moved a anytime
Sales focused Enviorment
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo OhioAugust 23, 2015
trying to reach sales goals were difficult due to the economically challenged area of Toledo. The branch was robbed several times which caused a staffing issue
Pros
banking perks and great hours
Cons
Robberies and challenging sales goals
Not the best place to work
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 21, 2015
Company unfortunately didn't work with work life balance, High expectations and not the best incentive programs. Branch Managers were not motivating and experienced to help other employees progress within the company. Very dated for the process and procedures of waiting on customers
Pros
Training outside the branch very informative
Cons
no work/life balance, high expectations with little pay
Learned a lot about financial products and how they could benefit clients
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 16, 2015
Enjoyed working with clients face to face. Also really liked being to help couples and families with financial answers. Great management and benefits.
Pros
Working hands on with people and great training
Cons
needed more locations
Teller Review
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 30, 2015
I was a senior teller for the now Citizens Bank (formerly Charter One) for 8 years. A typical day was handling customer transactions, answering questions, taking phone calls and sales. I learned quite a bit about bank policies and procedure and why they always need to be reviewed, updated and monitored. I had a lot of responsibilities and as a result I learned a lot more than was necessary for the "typical" teller. Management was okay. My immediate manager was very helpful and encouraging. She would ask each of us to help her perform task so that if we decided to seek a promotion we would be able to say that we had experience with other aspects of the business not just customer service. My co-workers were good people to work with. They were always willing to lend a helping hand if the need arose. The hardest part of the job was obtaining new sales from inside the branch. The most enjoyable part were the variety of customers we saw each day. There was never a day that was "typical". Helping to solve issues no matter how big or small and making the customer happy is always a great thing.
Great Job
Accounting Loan Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 29, 2015
The management team was awesome. A great group of people to learn from, if you ever had any question they door was always open. The companys offered a great on site training
Horrible Place to work for employees and Customer
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  ChicagoJuly 13, 2015
No works, Just no works. Horrible place to work, everything is about fee's, they dont care about you as an employee. It does not matter your number they will just push you for more and more.
Pros
No pros!...
Cons
you name it!.
Good place to start and learn about finance.
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Harper Woods, MIJuly 10, 2015
TCF at that time had good interest rates so my job was to offer walk in customers our current Certificate of Deposit being able to up sale with another offer at the same time. I learned that you need to know exactly what's in your account to the penny. Management will help you if you want to learn. My co-workers were very professional and friendly. The hardest part of the job is when you first start you must continue to keep up with rules and regulations which change often alone with current offers of products and changing interest rates. You had and hour lunch, and it wasn't a stressfull job.
Pros
Learning about finance.
Cons
Low wages and no health care.
I enjoyed a very close working relationship with all of my teammates. We were very productive and always enjoyed the time we spent.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Ludlow, MAJune 29, 2015
One of the best banks to work for during its day. I really enjoyed the time I spent there before merging and going through the arduous process of learning new systems, programs and pricing.

Want to know more about Charter One Bank, N.A.?

Ask a question
Laid off due to the Citizens Bank Merger
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 26, 2015
Good place to work, loved the job and the management. Unfortunately there were duplicate efforts in PA and management thought it best to cut the Ohio staff.
Cons
Productive and fun environment to work in
Senior Processor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 24, 2015
A typical work day consists of ordering and reviewing title work, appraisals, entering customer information into the system. Communicating with lenders in order to get payoffs from companies in order to close and fund consumer lending loans. I learned what I needed to know in order to get the job done in a timely manner. I knew the process from beginning to end so I sent the loans to the right department to get the closing or funding process completed. Management was good. Co-workers were dedicated and passionate about their jobs. The hardest part about this job was learning people and their different personalities. The most enjoyable part of this job was assisting with the decision making process.
Pros
Great Commission at the end of the month
Cons
Heaithcare benefits
worked there many years ago
BRANCH MANAGER / REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 8, 2015
worked there many years ago

remember working lots of hours, bery goal orientated as far as selling DDA's

moved from branch to branch
Great Place to work.
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2015
Well organized place to work. Easy going people. Learn new things from my co-worker. Great Experience.
Performed Mobile Testing.
n/a
Senior Teller (Current Employee) –  Lathrup Village, MIMay 30, 2015
enjoy working with my coworkers but the many changes going on with the company has impacted many employers negatively rather then positively.Many have left the company due to poor salary and being overworked and underpaid. Some including myself feel unappreciated in all the work we have done.
Fun
Retail Sales Associate/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chardon, OHMay 19, 2015
Fun place to work with an opportunity to work with the public and help customers. There were many opportunities to learn and work with other departments.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hours
The job was good the saling was horrible
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 13, 2015
The hardest part of the job was when we was required to sale bank products and that was also a part of your review. You can't make a person get and maintain bank products. Even if the customer opened a account then closed it or fees was assessed they would not give the teller credit for the account in which I think was horrible because the bank did get money off that account (Fees).
Pros
the hours
Cons
pay rate
Teller & sales experience- good place to start
Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2015
Just another teller job.
Do customer transactions, learn how to run a teller window. They teach you sales and lots of role-playing goes on to help you meet your goals and become more confident when speaking with customers.
Pros
If branch meets sales goals, potential bonus.
Cons
Branches hardly met goals.
Senior Escrow Specialist/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 24, 2015
Enjoyed management, employees and customers. Pleasure to work for this company, flexible and professional. Great group to work with, like family.
Poor outlook and assistance
Banker (Former Employee) –  Grosse PointeApril 17, 2015
Training is insufficient. Benefits are pretty good. Management is questionable. Limited support by management. Hard to work with out fulling being trained.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Charter One Bank, N.A.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval