Charter One Bank, N.A.

Charter One Bank, N.A. Employer Reviews

Great co-workers and great employee benefits
Ops Associate II (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 6, 2013
Co-workers made the job enjoyable. The company had a great vacation and benefits package for employees.
PERSONAL BANKER
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 17, 2013
Pros: 401k, health&dental, paid vaction, fmla
Cons: n/a
I WOULD OPENING UP THE BRANCH RUN DUTIES LIKE FILL AND BALANCE THE ATM,I LEARNED HOW TO SUPERVISOR DUTIES,MY BOSS QAS A GREAT BOSS AND MY CO WORKERS WERE AWESOME,THE HARDES PART OF MY JOB WAS CLOSING LOANS,AND I ENJOYED HELPING CUSTOMER WITH THERE ACCOUTS
charter one bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Homewood, ILSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good training
Cons: not much room for growth
although my stay was brief, I enjoyed this job being that it was my first job in banking and gave me my roots. they had great training.
This was a productive and fun place to work. I truly enjoyed the committees I was on and the projects I was involved in. .
Mortgage Closing Manager (Former Employee), New Vienna, OHSeptember 6, 2013
This was a good company with good benefits and management structure. It was an extremely busy place to work and I learned a great deal about management and customer service. The hardest part of the job was the lack of support from senior leaders to their management staff.
Team managment
Personal Banker II (Former Employee), Hinsdale, ILSeptember 2, 2013
Enjoyed team building. Everyday was a different day with different customer issues. Exceeded sales goals for myself and branch.
Individualistic workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Westlake, OHAugust 26, 2013
Cons: every man for themselves, no team work
Charter One is a bank that is constantly trying to catch up to the other banks out there. In doing that their focus tends to be on sales sales sales. Now you might think that's like any bank, but having worked at other banks let me just say NO, its not. Managers are all about the numbers, and treat you as such. It's a shame.
Charter One Bank was a great company to work for.
Head Teller (Former Employee), Euclid, OHAugust 2, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: safety/fear
I loved working at the bank. I love counting money, I loved getting to know my customers, and I enjoyed my co-workers and my boss was wonderful. I only left because of the pay. A typical day at work involved working with customers and opening accounts. I ordered money for the vault, I did teller drawer audits, I prepped the ATM, I handled accounts receivables/payable – more... for returned items, I loved it. The hardest part of the job was the fear of being safe. Bank robberies were becoming increasingly rampant and I was just fearful daily. I enjoyed everything about my job there other than that. – less
Very task filled.
Teller/Banker (Former Employee), westland, miJuly 29, 2013
A workday at charterone mostly includes morning updates about what needs to be focused on as a team in the branch, then there is individual responsibilities. You can learn the value of team work and partnership because it is a very important key to your success. Management is okay, which can also be the hardest part about the job. Most enjoyable things – more... are the events held from time to time outside the office. – less
Good Job with a lot of advancement opportunities.
Branch Manager II (Current Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 26, 2013
Day to day good job with alot of things to balance. I have learned alot about what it takes to be a good manager and what it takes to be successful. The current management is good, and has gotten better over time. Can not complain about working with the team I have they are great. Hardest part of the job is keeping good people around, when other places – more... are paying more money. The best part of my job is watching my staff grow, and taking care of the customers. – less
Perfect beginners job
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 21, 2013
Pros: meet a lot of people
Cons: work long hours standing
From the beginning of your work shift to the end of your work day you're basically making deposit, withdrawals, and assisting customers with their everyday banking needs.
Very productive place to work. A company that truly cared about their employees and lived by their mission statement.
Consumer Lending Officer (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 14, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good working enviroment and excellent advancement opportunities
Met with clients (English & Spanish) assisting them with the application process and placing them with a loan program that would best fit their needs. Processed Home Equity, Vacant Land and Unsecured Loan Programs. Ordered appraisals, title commitments, flood certifications, analyzed credit history, prepared loan packages for the underwriting department. – more... Conducted loan closing, tracking of progress reports and originated new business via telephone and mail.

Starting with Charter as the Consumer Loan Processor, I learned the entire processing side of loans and the various computer programs used to complete the task.

The Management, both upper and departmental were the best I had ever worked with. They believed in promoting from within. Mentored and coached employees so that they could advance. Hence my ability to advance to Consumer Lending Officer.

My co-workers were an exceptional group of people. There is no "I" in team and Charter Bank was definitely a team.

I think the hardest part of my job was letting a customer know that I couldn't help them. I would try to put them in touch with another lender that hopefully could satisfy their needs.

I truly enjoyed my position with Charter and would not have left had I not been leaving the area. – less
A very good bank with very competitive products to sell.
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee), Yspilanti, MIJuly 11, 2013
I learned a lot about the professional world while working for this company.
Very challenging place to work
Teller Manager for local Charter One branch (Former Employee), Euclid, OHJune 27, 2013
maintaining the branch's money
federal laws and guidelines I never knew Bank's had
willing to help
took me in with open arms and was very happy when I was promoted
was coming back from maternity leave
working with the public erveryday
Work
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Canal Winchester, OHJune 16, 2013
Great place to work the Colleagues are great. Small Town bank feel.
Good work place
Advance Teller (Current Employee), Blue Island, ILJune 13, 2013
Processes transaction accurately and efficiently with great customer service. Being a team player helping out when I see its needed.
Busy, workplace with uneasy coworkers
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee), Bedford, ohJune 11, 2013
Pros: knowing all my customers, knowing all ins and outs
Cons: working with lazy people, feeling like the company does not appreciate me
A typical day at work is going in at 8:30 am, preparing to open. The company expects for one teller to stay on the line unless four or more customers are present inside the bank while still trying to get referrals, do transactions, and take training test. Somehow i am always elected to be the primary teller. Ive learned that Charter One Bank has changed – more... a lot.They want you to do more work to get referrals, just to get a pay out. They don't want to give promotions or raises. My management takes advantage of her authority. She leaves early or sometimes leaves the branch for hours, not doing banker work either. My coworkers likes to do the same take advantage doing the same things which makes work harder for me. I have deal with customer complaints about the other tellers attitudes and I'm not the Teller Manager. The Hardest part of my job is having to take care of customers behind bad customer service, correcting what someone else messed up. Dealing with an unhappy customer is not easy. The most enjoyable part of my job is my customers. Seeing smiling faces or knowing what they are coming in to do and not having to question anything for them just makes my day. – less
Prestigous job with a friendly atmosphere and lots of overtime
Records Retention Clerk (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 5, 2013
Pros: $200.00 bonus every christmas
Cons: no good healthcare
Charter One was one of the best jobs I have ever held. I had no previous experience as a mortgage clerk, I was trained on the job and learned the many facets of the job. The hardest part of the job was pulling and returning hundreds of files a day to and from the vault. I had great co workers which made the job fun to be at.
Great , fun workplace
Customer Service Representative - Sagamore Hills (Former Employee), Willoughby, OhioMay 30, 2013
Was a great place to work. Management was a challenging but fun
Good learning workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Elgin ILMay 27, 2013
Pros: got rewarded every month for achievements.
Cons: worked 364 only chirstmas was closed and late hours.
I did like working here but the hours were crazy, and they were always open making it hard to balance personal life.
Great place to work and opportunity for advancement
Manager for Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Detroit, MIMay 16, 2013
I enjoyed this phase of my life working at Charter One. It was a fast paced environment which allowed me to continually build skills in the area of problem solving, conflict resolution, providing excellent service to our customers. The hardest part of the job was managing everything in the time frame provided but I was able to meet the expectations.

About Charter One Bank, N.A.

Paper, plastic, or coin? No matter -- RBS Citizens Financial Group can handle it all. The company, formerly known as Citizens – Read more