Charter Schools USA Employee Reviews in United States

Stay away if you know what is good for you.
DEAN OF DISCIPLINE (Former Employee) –  Duval Charter at WestsideFebruary 5, 2016
I would not work for this company again if they offered me double the salary. They don't care about the students. They care about sucking money out of school districts to fill their pockets. This will give you an idea. The owners photo shopped themselves into our faculty photo. This company is a true joke. Especially Duval Charter School at Westside. The Principal is about as two faced as you can get and the AP is extremely confrontational with students and parents. The principal continually covers for the AP as well and expects everyone to follow suit. The place is a joke. Do not work here if you are a teacher. Truth be told, the majority of people that work there are permanent subs. They can't get good teachers to work there. STAY AWAY..
Pros
the kids are great
Cons
You are asked to do way to much
Teacher
elementary teacher (Current Employee) –  Senoia, GANovember 29, 2015
No help if you are new to the profession along with low pay and every expensive medical/dental coverage. Good way to get your foot in the door to somewhere else. Heavy turn over rate through out the school year due to low pay and unrealistic workload.
Not a great environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Palm beach countySeptember 10, 2015
Hired without a drug test. Thought it was odd. Left my good paying job for false promises of help and support, was given a classroom of discipline problems and violent behavior. Then when problems arose was told I was "not a good fit" . Don't believe their intention was to keep me from day one just needed a body to open on the first day of school.
Pros
Nicely maintained campus
Cons
Very few opportunities for planning, lunches interrupted, long hours no overtime.
Employee treatment
Classroom Teacher Grade (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 22, 2016
They don't treat their employees really well. They don't communicate what they need to and then get onto them when they don't do what they're expected to do.
review
Art teacher (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 14, 2016
Calcasieu is one of the best operated parishes in the educational system on Louisiana. They are very progressive minded in technology and curriculum.
Good position with good experience
Educatior (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 9, 2015
Worked with kids
Worked with parents
Work with the community
Ensure the safety of students
Fun place to work with supportive management
Pros
Good Health Care
Cons
No breaks
Good if you need to have a life outside of work!
Food Service Manager (Current Employee) –  West Palm Bch, FLFebruary 6, 2016
The pay is low. not all employees treated equally. There needs to be more input for organization. High turnover rate. Good if you need to have a life outside of work!
Technology In Education
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 17, 2014
Working at Charter Schools USA was sometimes a real challenge. The daily work was very enjoyable and I was never micro-managed. However, the work load during peak times of the year like Spring break, Winter break and Summer meant times to re-fresh the entire system and components therein. Hours of work would include up to 80 a week on salary with no extra compensation or appreciation for the hard work. Even with the extra hours, during the school year, the appreciation I got from all the staff members and administration at each of the schools was phenomenal. I got to learn newer technologies with Web Filtering in accordance to each schools policy, Cisco AP's through a WLAN controller, and most of all, appreciation for technology in education which included virtual classrooms. My co-worker was a great guy and our work ethic and open communication made our days enjoyable and we became great friends outside of work.
Worst Job Ever
payroll (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 21, 2016
I have never worked in such an unprofessional place with no standard operating procedures or no clue what best practices are for accounting and finance
Growing Educational Company
Regional Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Davenport, FLDecember 29, 2015
Growing Educational Corporation. Restructured to enhance advances in Educational Technology. Support to Regional Techs could be more effective.
Horrible work environment
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 15, 2015
I have been working since 1981, and this was one of the worst jobs I've ever had.
Bad behavior from children towards a substitute teacher isn't surprising. Elementary level students will test your patience. It's very tiring keeping control of noisy, uncooperative students. The surprising things were the lack of training and respect from the administration. Seemed poorly run. Pay was low, especially considering the responsibility of watching dozens of children.
Substitutes were supposed to be called the night before an assignment. Several times I was summoned 30 to 45 minutes before class start time. Little appreciation for arriving on short notice.
Pros
Entry level experience in teaching
Cons
Hectic, low pay. No opportunity to advance
a typical day and what I learned
Facilities Supervisor III (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 10, 2015
I managed day-to-day activities of building custodial services for the High School. I supervise a staff of employees covering 3 shifts.I learned how to manage time effectively, manage the day-to-day activities of building custodial staff for the High School.I also had to work with a budget; meet with vendors, etc.
Inconclusive at this time
Substitute Teacher K-8 (Current Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Just starting out. I cannot review this position yet, other than initial impressions. As my experience develops, I will update this section.
Dedicated to the betterment of our kids education
Assistant Manager of IT Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort LauderdaleOctober 24, 2015
This was a very rewarding job and there is an ability to advance rapidly. The most rewarding part is knowing you are making a difference in our kids future.
Productive and fun working atmosphere
Technology Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCAugust 1, 2015
• Provide first-level technical support for two K-12 schools.
• Troubleshoot hardware, software and connectivity on a daily basis.
• Work with Panasonic smart board technology.
• Working knowledge of Telco phone server and VOIP.
• Set-up and reset phones.
• Working knowledge of FOG servers.
• Yearly imaging of schools computers using FOG cloning software.
• Set-up new user accounts.
• Lenovo certified repair technician.
• Installing and updating servers.
• Quarterly inventory of all school computers and other classroom support equipment.
• House and deploy schools computers.
• Daily use of SYS Aid helpdesk ticking
Environment Where you are Overworked and Under-appreciated.
Third Grade Teacher (Former Employee) –  LAJuly 9, 2015
CSUSA is a organization that cares only about the bottom line. They will do anything to keep students in seats and teachers feeling as if they have no support. The students are much below level and you are expected and pressured to bring them up several grade levels in many cases. The head academic officer does not care about her teachers and God forbid you are an uncertified teacher. You will be treated as though you are beneath and ultimately dismissed no matter the results you were able to achieve with your students.
Cons
Healthcare is horrible, hours are long, expectations and observations are unending from corporate office. Support in school is non-existant
slave salaries and unorganized
employee (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLMay 26, 2015
too many schools too little employees. company is transitioning/changing roles to make it look as if they are growing administratively as well as financially. Really only moving ppl around with different title and more work low pay. CEO and his wife I am sure have no issues with paying bills. They don't even care that they employee ppl who don't make enough money to live normal stable lives with families. Lots of teachers and staff are homeless Kissimmee FL. Bet they don't care since all they decided to do was eliminate positions and open new schools. so now you have more money in your pockets and your employees in the streets,
Pros
nolthing
Cons
everything
Productive, understanding, business orientated and constantly evolving
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLJuly 13, 2015
A day at work consisted of mostly positve interactions with students, parents and team members. There was always something new to learn and the administration was supportive. My co-workers were wonderful and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job was the last day of school, saying good bye to the children. The most enjoyable was of course the first day of school. It was exciting to see how much the children have grown over the summer.
Enjoyed working with students.
Math Teacher - Coral Springs Charter School (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJuly 2, 2012
Taught daily lessons through the use of technology.

The most difficult part of my job was ensuring that parents and students understood the importance of daily homework assignments.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a student's face light up when he or she understood a concept.
Pros
worked with caring teachers. used technology in the classroom.
Cons
lack of state retirement benefits.
Good job
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 7, 2015
I really like working in the education environment. It would be nice if they had tuition or certification reimbursement.

2.9