Charter

Charter Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Business Technician (Former Employee), Yakima, WAJuly 9, 2015
Pros: good people to work with
Cons: long hr.
I good place to work and love working with people and meeting new people every day. Something new every day. I fixed and installed charter TV, Internet,phone
challenging and fun to work
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Irwindale, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: family oriented
Cons: always in a rush to meet quota
on a daily basis quality control, troubleshoot and install cable tv, internet, and telephone. performed on call jobs assigned by the supervisor. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is the danger and nature of it but pretty much enjoyable and challenging.
good place
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Durham, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: making the money
Cons: no benifits
it was a fun place to work, i worked there and helped build the company, i trainned drivers as well.helped organized bus scheldules and planned field trips
good but stressful work place
video repair rep (Former Employee), Rochester, MNApril 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch and snacks on holidays and special events
Cons: Short breaks and lunch
I enjoyed working at charter, they pay was good and they have great benefits, but the do treat their customers better then employees, employees get verbally abused on a daily but is simply told to suck it and to continue to keep your same happy greeting throughout the day. charter is not understandable when it comes to having sick kids they expect you to be there every day and missing work for any reason is unacceptable. Again working for charter was great and i would always work there again they need to make some improvement on how they treat their employees!
I actually worked for a sub contactor
Cable Technician (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 30, 2015
I was away from the family a lot. and I didn't think the pay was worth it. the training was sub-par and they kind of just threw me to wolves.
Good company
Headend Technician (Former Employee), IndianaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good pay, value employees
Cons: systems were not upgraded, limited services to offer customers
Charter was a good company to work for. Benefits were outstanding. Rate of pay was improving. Systems worked in were not upgraded with fiber so there were limited offerings for customers.
Not a good work environment, should never have jumped for the money
DIRECTOR, VIDEO OPERATIONS (Former Employee), DenverFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: i'll get back to you
Cons: micro managed completely
Over 300 emails a day, multiple people wanting you in meetings everyday. Hostile environment of mostly people that are fight to make the big impression to new management, (truly dog eat dog).
I learned that being in a high level position has it's risk. Most of my co-workers were great, the people that worked for me were awesome but I had to work very hard to protect them from senior management, they would have liked me to fire them all if they didn't want to move to Denver. In fact, I felt it was frowned upon when I didn't take an opportunity to fire one of them whom I felt was worth saving even though they made a mistake.
Good Place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TnJanuary 19, 2015
Since I am a people person, this was an ideal job for me. I enjoyed what I was doing, meeting new people every day and recognizing the ones that came in on a regular basis. My co-workers and I got along well and the supervisory staff was good. I was an assistant manager with the company. The hardest part was probably being on my feet for long hours, but other than that, it was a fun job.
great job and benifits
broadband technician (Current Employee), greeenville scDecember 1, 2014
great job great work and life balance. many ways to move up in company
Competitive pay structure with poor management
District Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2014
While commission and bonus structure is great at Charter, the management and overall morale is poor
Productive workplace with good people
INVENTORY CLERK (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches when goals exceeded, good people to work with
Cons: not really an ac environment - although the building has ac
At Charter in the warehouse, although a lot is expected, there are many advantages to working in such an environment. You are surrounded by many like-minded individuals, the work-day seems to fly by, and if goals are exceeded, the employees are rewarded.
Fun and entertaing job with awesome supervisors
Technician (Former Employee), SpartanburgAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good hours, great benefits, fun
Cons: bad weather conditions
Login in to your tablet to start the day review what you have to do then leave the shop and get started with your day.
I got paid to talk!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJuly 5, 2014
This local interest TV show is a vital piece of Owatonna's culture. I absolutely loved hosting the show.
Destructive work place
Social Services (Former Employee), Colton CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: salaray
Cons: work hours, expectations, no ability to advance.
Worked here for over six years. Good compensation. But work required was way over the top of normal. It was expected to see patients and then chart until midnight or 2 am without overtime. This was the ONLY way you could not fall behind. If you were not related to someone or of Filipino descent, you were destined to stay exactly where you were. If you spoke up about things that were unethical, you would get written up, or told it wasn't your business. Often asked to forge documents and backdate things. They pay well, but it is NOT worth it. All areas of your life will suffer. And they will string you along and mesmerize you making you believe you are like "family" and they are there for you and will protect you. But if you play with snakes, you should expect to be bitten.
it has been fun to work at charter
warehouse tech (Current Employee), Holly Ridge, NCApril 27, 2014
Pros: discounted cable service
Charter is a very good company to work for
Time went very fast in a typical day with putting equipment in system and supplying materials to various areas
People at charter for the most part very friendly
LVN Nursing
Cambridge Hospice/LVN (Current Employee), Upland CAApril 7, 2014
Great place for new grads to learn vast skills, work independently, great co workers, team work
Great Place
Direct Sale Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, TNMarch 14, 2014
Charter is the best place I have ever worked. The technology and the benefits are second to none.
interesting
BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 11, 2014
I liked working at charter communications most of the people were nice but I like to be active and moving around, I liked being on the computer and talking to people and answereing calls but I like moving around to. its fine every once and a while like 3 outta 5 days a week but I like being involved in the progress of the company and feeling needed and being a part of the success the company gets.
Video game in lunch room
Broadband Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: provided lunch on special days
Cons: poor life/work balance
I enjoyed the people who worked there. Everyone was polite and concerned with your well being. Co-workers willing to help or answer questions when management was unavailable. Typical work day was answering calls and trying to resolve customer issues.
Average company
Cable technician (Former Employee), lake mary FloridaDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great environment, nice people
Cons: stuck in 1 position
In a nutshell I was led to believe that I would have a great opportunity and I would be able to move around in the company just to find out that once I was in 1 job it was very hard to get out.

Charter Salaries