Charter

Charter Employer Reviews

Good Place to work
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Nashville, TnJanuary 19, 2015
Since I am a people person, this was an ideal job for me. I enjoyed what I was doing, meeting new people every day and recognizing the ones that came in on a regular basis. My co-workers and I got along well and the supervisory staff was good. I was an assistant manager with the company. The hardest part was probably being on my feet for long hours, but other than that, it was a fun job.
great job and benifits
broadband technician (Current Employee), greeenville scDecember 1, 2014
great job great work and life balance. many ways to move up in company
Competitive pay structure with poor management
District Sales Representative (Current Employee), Greenville, SCSeptember 22, 2014
While commission and bonus structure is great at Charter, the management and overall morale is poor
Productive workplace with good people
INVENTORY CLERK (Current Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 24, 2014
Pros: free lunches when goals exceeded, good people to work with
Cons: not really an ac environment - although the building has ac
At Charter in the warehouse, although a lot is expected, there are many advantages to working in such an environment. You are surrounded by many like-minded individuals, the work-day seems to fly by, and if goals are exceeded, the employees are rewarded.
Fun and entertaing job with awesome supervisors
Technician (Former Employee), SpartanburgAugust 20, 2014
Pros: good hours, great benefits, fun
Cons: bad weather conditions
Login in to your tablet to start the day review what you have to do then leave the shop and get started with your day.
I got paid to talk!
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Owatonna, MNJuly 5, 2014
This local interest TV show is a vital piece of Owatonna's culture. I absolutely loved hosting the show.
Destructive work place
Social Services (Former Employee), Colton CAApril 27, 2014
Pros: salaray
Cons: work hours, expectations, no ability to advance.
Worked here for over six years. Good compensation. But work required was way over the top of normal. It was expected to see patients and then chart until midnight or 2 am without overtime. This was the ONLY way you could not fall behind. If you were not related to someone or of Filipino descent, you were destined to stay exactly where you were. If you spoke up about things that were unethical, you would get written up, or told it wasn't your business. Often asked to forge documents and backdate things. They pay well, but it is NOT worth it. All areas of your life will suffer. And they will string you along and mesmerize you making you believe you are like "family" and they are there for you and will protect you. But if you play with snakes, you should expect to be bitten.
it has been fun to work at charter
warehouse tech (Current Employee), Holly Ridge, NCApril 27, 2014
Pros: discounted cable service
Charter is a very good company to work for
Time went very fast in a typical day with putting equipment in system and supplying materials to various areas
People at charter for the most part very friendly
LVN Nursing
Cambridge Hospice/LVN (Current Employee), Upland CAApril 7, 2014
Great place for new grads to learn vast skills, work independently, great co workers, team work
Great Place
Direct Sale Representative (Former Employee), Columbia, TNMarch 14, 2014
Charter is the best place I have ever worked. The technology and the benefits are second to none.
interesting
BILLING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 11, 2014
I liked working at charter communications most of the people were nice but I like to be active and moving around, I liked being on the computer and talking to people and answereing calls but I like moving around to. its fine every once and a while like 3 outta 5 days a week but I like being involved in the progress of the company and feeling needed and being a part of the success the company gets.
Video game in lunch room
Broadband Technical Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: provided lunch on special days
Cons: poor life/work balance
I enjoyed the people who worked there. Everyone was polite and concerned with your well being. Co-workers willing to help or answer questions when management was unavailable. Typical work day was answering calls and trying to resolve customer issues.
Average company
Cable technician (Former Employee), lake mary FloridaDecember 30, 2013
Pros: great environment, nice people
Cons: stuck in 1 position
In a nutshell I was led to believe that I would have a great opportunity and I would be able to move around in the company just to find out that once I was in 1 job it was very hard to get out.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
SALES ADVISOR (Current Employee), FOND DU LAC WINovember 4, 2013
Good benefits, like working with the people. I like talking to customers and working with the public.
Ok Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Simpsonville, SCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: they just dont care
I use to love the company until it change to a new managment, Charter use to be a place where you enjoyed coming to work. Now the managment look at you as a number, he even made the comment they do bu they dont care about the employees. Not saying everyone should be best friends but how can you expect your employees to do for you when you dont care about them. I had an employee who's husband had a stroke and they wanted her to come to work the next day.
Secure, grow, and manage a profitable book of business.
Account Manager (Current Employee), Irwindale, CaAugust 2, 2013
Pros: solution selling with opening new business every week.
Cons: the territory went from 4 states to 1 state.
Establish and maintain close business realtionships with clients to obtain a clear understanding of each client's business, strategic goals and trading methods.
Charter is a highly competitive company with room to grow if your willing to work there forever.
Construction Tech (Current Employee), Covington, GAJuly 15, 2013
Pros: company credit card, gas card, discounted cable services, good benefits
Cons: travel, on call for storms
on a daily bases job duties include QC of contractors work, upgrading and maintaining the cable system, customer support, driving.
stay away
Installation Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, SCApril 6, 2013
It great if you like being treated like a kid. If you like climbing 30 ft poles and being yelled at by customers this the job for you
Fun workplace
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Vails Gate, NYMarch 31, 2013
Pros: off duty from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm
Cons: no break during 3 am & pm school runs from 6:25 to 9:30 am & 2:00 to 5:00 pm
the typical day starts at 6:00 am inspect the bus for safety reasons and start picking up students for school.
No employee Unity, most vehicles are old and unreliable, the most enjoyable part of the job is not being there all day.
Fun workplace
Retention Advisor (Former Employee), Walker, MIMarch 25, 2013
Charter Communications is a great place to work. Always a fun environment, the job never gets boring.