CharterCare Health Partners Employee Reviews

Look somewhere else!
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandAugust 14, 2017
Management is horrible and they'll take advantage of you until you had enough and quit. Job security is horrible, unless you brown nose you won't get ahead. You get promised a lot of things but nothing ever changes. Seriously apply somewhere else, I'm sure there are good people working for this company but from my experience everyone is cut throat & it's more about money than patient care.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, unprofessionalism
Youd be better off aplying for unemployed
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 15, 2017
The work place is pretty hostile. The director will hire anybody. The scheduling seems like it has been done by a person that has a IQ of a raisin. You’ll be by yourself at times because of the schedule. Some supervisors would go out of there way to fire you and get you in trouble. You’d probably get paid more working at McDonald’s.
Pros
You’ll probably get the job
Cons
No job security. Also they will throw you under bus first chance
Clicky and unreasonable, and Bullies
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJune 30, 2017
Bullies are favored here, if you are in with management you can get away with threats and slacking off. The hypocrisy and favoritism is unbelievable..
Human Resources will make your complaints your fault, and they will fall on deaf ears.
Pros
Almost good pay
Cons
Bullying, slackers, high turn over rates
Poor management
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJune 17, 2017
Poorly managed and understaffed always. Favoritism. No team work at all. New DON yearly. Unorganized scheduling.
Patient to staff ratio on long term floors is way understaffed.
Pros
pay was decent
Cons
favoritism by management, understaffed
Don't waste your time
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2017
Management is awful here, no professionalism. There is no routine and plan on getting sent home when the census is low. Not a single person here is helpful or seeking the best interest of the employee or patient. Rude, unhelpful, over worked and underpaid.
Save yourself the time
N/A (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 17, 2017
Save yourself the time. There is little job security there, they will lay you off with zero notice. The work environment is toxic and all of managment is utterly incompetent and will bully and threaten you with empty threats to get their way. Health insurance is a joke and as for taking time off, good luck with that. Go click on a different company if you need a job.
Pros
They will hire anyone
Cons
Horrible managment, layoffs, health insurance is a joke
Safe yourself the time you will waste
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 7, 2017
Former employee in the dental clinic. Please do not bother, this place is unorganized, dirty and the pay sucks. Your co-workers are nice however they are all being taken advantage of, which was a disappointment to watch and be a part of. There is really nothing much that could have convinced me to stay here another minute, worst thing I ever did in my dental career was apply here, best thing I did was leave.
Pros
Job security, because they're desperate
Cons
Pay. Disorganization. Dirty. Unappreciative.
Pretty close to the worst
Health care professional (Former Employee) –  Fatima HsopitalMarch 26, 2017
Since this hospital became part of a for profit network it is one of the worst places to work.
The only thing you will like is your co-workers. I started working for this hospital years before it was purchased by the for profit. I got out when I realized they were destroying everything that had been good there.
The "suits" in the C-suite are only concerned with profits and are slowly but surely forgetting that they are in the business of patient care.

Benefits are just ok; they think nothing of mandating that you use your ETO when census is down.

While they are laying off someone from the housekeeping staff, they are busy promoting more incompetent chiefs
The staff are always waiting for the next lay-off to occur.
Pros
on site parking; most of worker bes are great people
Cons
everything else
Don't Do It
RN (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 14, 2017
A typical day is awful.....Lack of help, no one cares or listens, phones ring off the wall...No one to answer them. Equipment is ancient...They just keep trying to fix the unfixable. Patient care is lacking for want of help, long hours no lunches and have to fill out forms for no lunch just to get paid. No overtime unless you work over 80 hours in two weeks...... I could go on and on. Oh but wait they gave us free ice cream as a treat and a very low raise. But we were told at least you got one.....Worst is being sent home if census is low until there is no earned time left...No one cares....All about the bottom line in a for profit company.
Management hands are tied and they are ancient too.
Work place culture is everyone is miserable but too old to leave for something better and always fight against a Union. Too bad they could really use one.
There are no enjoyable aspects of CharterCare, really they need to close, seriously though.
a joke to work for.
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 21, 2017
I was a respiratory therapist for years at St. Joseph Health Services. The co-workers were the best thing there and that is it. The pay scale was the lowest in the state and the building was about to cave in as it was in severe disrepair. This is true for both Fatima and St. Joseph hospital. The management one year gave us a 3% raise then subsequently took it back. The Human Resources Department was totally inept to say the least.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
every thing else.
Great Company
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 12, 2016
I have just started at CCHP, and so far I really like it. I've been there about a month. The start rate was great along with the benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CharterCare Health Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

1.3