Chartis Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and best company
Legal Collection Assistant Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
Dynamic and diverse environment. Loved the experienced. Smart people, they value their employees. Fantastic place to start and build your career, great place to work, great benefits and most of all great atmosophere.
Pros
Free lunches, Free tickets, long breaks, good healthcares, good peoples, good atmosphere.
Leader in Healthcare Consulting
Associate Principal (Current Employee) –  Macomb, MINovember 17, 2015
The Chartis Group is the industry leader in healthcare consulting. I have felt an inclusion in the culture and organizational teams. Tremendous growth opportunities with the company and ability to contribute to firm offerings. I have been traveling for 6 years straight and only wish to leave due to the travel commitment.
Pros
Outstanding organization, great growth opportunities and personal contributions to the firm.
Cons
Travel
Professional and highly efficient work environment.
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 13, 2015
Professional work environment. Ability to learn and grow in position.
generous salary and compensation package. fortune 500 insurance company providing insurance coverage to fortune 500 companies.
Nice Place to Work & Nice Group of co-workers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  175 Water StreetAugust 16, 2015
Fun Working Place with supportive management & nice co-workers. Everyone worked as Team Members. Great Location, Great Benefits & Salary.
Pros
Great Location
Cons
Not enough work
Great place to gain knowledge and understand of the legal field.
Legal Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2015
I was able to gain great knowledge and skills with this company. A typical work day was extremely busy as I assisted 4 worker compensation attorneys. I had terrific co-workers and an awesome management team. The hardest part of the job was the workload that I had to maintain (very busy). The most enjoyable part of the job was all the knowledge I was able to gain.
Pros
Developed great skills and experience
Cons
No cons
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domai
Technical lead (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 15, 2016
Excellent company to get good knowledge at manufacturing domain. Latest technologies use to upgrade the systems. Cognos and Tableau latest technologies are using with new business
Challenging, lack of management expertise, good team work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Good learning experience, however no job efficiency and lack of expertise in the management process. There isn't any work process as the management is trying to understand and streamline our work so basically management is using us a the guinea pigs to test things out. The hardest part of the job is to juggle work and personal life. Long hours and management is never satisfied with our work. People are quitting and we are giving more responsiblities. My co workers are great. We have great team work and always available to offer help. I started as Accountant1 five years ago and still I am an Accountant1 even though I am required to do more work with more job responsibilities. There isn't any job security. The enjoyable part of the job is to learn and my coworkers are enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that we have our duties but more duties are given to us and we are expected to learn it quickly. Since management is trying to streamline processes, they are basically confused on how to start and finish. I am efficient and a hard working person, however if the job doesn't entail a flow of work or job efficiency, then it gets a bit difficult to follow.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
no room for growth, lack of management
I love to work there
Data modeler / Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2014
I work project to create conceptual to physical schemas OLTP DMM plan, blueprint for an data design and work on OLAP ERM. Generate graphical diagrams to drill into to view detailed metadata. Using ERwind to crystal reports.Export reports to HTML and CSV and customize report.Improve lookup transformation performance of data. Work efficiently with Session Management, Mart Administration, Security, AD via LDAP, and Model Locking. Set app roles, Data Movement sources, Naming Standards,Partitions Functions, Relationships, Validation rules, create Trigger , Workload Groups and data type standards are integrated with models and support for SQL Azure. Select objects and properties for easy editing. Set Target SQL DBMS ( Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 for LUW, MySQL, Sybase, ODBC/Generic and Default SQL Server Data type). Set key Option NOT NULL or NULL.
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
many times work flowed into the weekend.
Growth Enviroment that will allow skills, talents, and traits to shine.
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJNovember 25, 2014
I really enjoy working with the public and i hope to excel in my customer service experience. Working now with a church ministry has really put my life in new perspective with working with the people, specifically people who are truly in need of every day items. It has made me humble to know that i have been blessed even when unemployed, because i am still able to lean on my degree and allow my education and ability to adapt and learn new skills willingly to guide and protect my career path. Therefore I hope to spread that positive attitude in my new work environment and allow it to be my podium that i lean on when looking for a career path and so far it has such a success, because along the way i have encounter such wonderful people who with career mind and strong focus on long term goals they are still grounded with humility and strength to give back to their community.
Pros
i enjoyed working with people
Cons
the long lines and short tempers at times
Chaotic environment full of clicks and rumors, totally unprofessional.
First Notice of Loss Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2012
Working for this company is for one who believes in looking out for themselves, and staying to themselves. Getting close to people only gets you turned on. Everyone's business gets thrown around, and it's run by a micromanagement team of "yes men", and rules are created by those who obviously have never done the job. People are underpaid coming in the door, and your success is not based on your ability and work ethic. It's based on who you befriend, and even then once you get the position, it's only if they see in you that they can use you as a personal spawn to accomplish their dirty work.
Pros
free parking, cheap beverages.
Cons
lazy people get important positions, which means the most important and vital positions have someone either with an attitude, or a phone they won't answer.
Fast pace enviroment, very exciting and great exposure. There was never a dull moment.
SENIOR UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2012
There was never a typical day and I guess that was what you could say was the norm. The company is known for being an innovator in the market place so we were pivoting on a daily basis to server our customer. I learned that I never want to work for someone who lacks ambition and is waiting to retire and I also learned that with the right focus and continuous communication you can evolve out of any crisis (AIG financial crisis). Company is management seems top heavy, too many EVPs, VPs and SVPs. The challenging part of the job was trying to sell a product which just suffered major brand damage. Most enjoyable part of the job was the exposure to various companies and markets.
Pros
company is innovative in its approach to accepting risk.
Cons
the company is seen by competitors as being too innovative in the industry.
Not A Good Work Environment
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 9, 2012
This company talks about teamwork but doesn't facilitate that philosphy in its individual units. Many unhappy and dissatisfied employees. Employee counterparts are unprofessional, rude and unwilling to assist. Management is more like the good old boys club. Management turns a blind eye when people who are good at their jobs but not with other people. They put people in charge who don't want to be and those people who are suppose to train don't want to share information. Most of the employees have a bad opinion of the company and express bias. They don't appreciate employees and more interested in profits than making happy employees. A happy employee creates a profitable environment for everyone concerned. Management isn't respectful to subordinates and are lazy and look to blame assistants for their mistakes, so document, document and document.
productive
Cognos BI Developer and DWH Designer (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJMay 29, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management
challenging job
good perks
helping to co-workers
the most enjoyable part of the job
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
Productive and comfortable atmosphere inside the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Daily answered inquires from claimants, medical providers, employers, lawyers, and brokers regarding a workers compensation claim.

Call Center was comfortable and not stressful because Team Leads were available when needed and was very helpful. Got to learn a lot regarding Worker's Comp insurance. Most hardest part was having to hear unfortunate situations most claimants were placed in due to not receiving their Worker's Comp benefit checks on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. We truly worked as a team.
Pros
weekly incentitives
Cons
having to monitor rest room breaks.
A talented, educated and versatile professional applying my experiences in multiple environments while allowing for professional growth.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  New YOrk, NYJune 5, 2012
I began my career with Chartis in 1992 as an Underwriter Assistant in the field Energy group, which handled underwriting of policies for gas, chemical, petrochemical and oil companies. Shortly after, I was promoted to an Associate Business Analyst. After additional promotions, I became a Business Analyst within the corporate Operations Group. Due to company downsizing, I was recently laid off.
Pros
christmas free lunch, dress down on last friday of each month in summer
Cons
no flex time
Good place to work.
Project Lead (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 13, 2012
Overall it is a good place to work.
Though the procedures and change management is archaic.

Good job gurantee and relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
job growth difficult
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New JerseyOctober 9, 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
comfortable work environment
Cons
no room for advancement