Chartis Employee Reviews

Nice location with helpful workers
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Typical accounting work, closings and posting of journal entries. Many people that worked there were set in their ways and we adverse to change.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Old systems leading to lots of overtime
Great working experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, New JerseyJanuary 15, 2014
Primary Underwriter for all New Business and Renewal accounts for the Accident & Health Dept. / Small Business Philadelphia and Atlanta regions respectively.
Face of AIG Small Business to the Regions
Development of business proposals for Small Business
Rated and quoted policies
Responsible for Business Travel Accident and Specialty Market accounts
Audited Underwriting Analyst
Forecasted budget
Travel with Sales Representatives on Broker calls / Sales / Customer Service
Underwriter for more complex and difficult accounts
Issuing Policies as well as rating and processing endorsements
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Job security was not a problem with this company.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
My typical day at work would include making sure that my clients' disability checks were properly distributed. This was very important because these checks would be their only source of income. This position has taught me how to manage and follow up on specific tasks. The hardest part of this job was to leave your assignments/feelings at the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear the smile on my clients' faces when you would have their check issued immediately to them.
Pros
Employee recognition and job stability
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm from coworkers
Great
Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 9, 2013
Great place to work while i was a student . Great staff and enviornment.
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New JerseyOctober 9, 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
No room for growth, lack of management
Productive a great way to learn about commercial insurance
Premium Audit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2013
Took inbound phone calls from insured's who had Worker's Comp. policies for their employees. They called to either dispute their audit if something was calculated incorrectly, or to get information on how they could schedule their payroll audit with one of our auditors. We also rec'd requests via email, and fax. We would open the dispute if necessary and forward the information onto our audit techs for completion of the requests. We would also do call backs from the voice mail messages left, the hardest part could be the multitasking, but when you get a rhythm going, it's ok. I enjoyed talking to a lot of the insured's that would call in because you can build a client-customer service with them.
Pros
the company took care of their employees, we would have out of the office lunch meetings, company picnic time.
Cons
unfortunately would have to face angry people who knew about the AIG bailout amongs other things.
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
No hands on training, Incompetent management
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
ADMIN ISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRApril 1, 2013
I did whatever they asked me to do, even if it was working in the file room. Learned a little on how to interact with clients.
Great place to work a one time, customer and employee driven
Premium Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2012
Learned alot about comerical auto and general liability, quiet and peacful atmostphere.
Pros
employee programs, team building activities.
Cons
economy, and association with aig limited jobs
process worker comp audits
Premium Audit Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2012
typical work day you meet your goal to process 8-12 audits, my coworkers were great.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
overwhelming at times
Productive and comfortable atmosphere inside the Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 19, 2012
Daily answered inquires from claimants, medical providers, employers, lawyers, and brokers regarding a workers compensation claim.

Call Center was comfortable and not stressful because Team Leads were available when needed and was very helpful. Got to learn a lot regarding Worker's Comp insurance. Most hardest part was having to hear unfortunate situations most claimants were placed in due to not receiving their Worker's Comp benefit checks on time.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with my co-workers. We truly worked as a team.
Pros
weekly incentitives
Cons
having to monitor rest room breaks.
Productive work place
Claims Segmentation Specialist, Grade18 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2012
My typical day is starting from emails and new documents review. Because we are paperless, every morning I check "worklist" for new documents related to my claims. Every work day I get 5-10 new claims assigned by manager. While monitoring my pending I love negotiation process and always try to do my best to decrease the company net losses. I am working in friendly environment, dealing with great co-workers and high professional management team.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor Management.
Underwriting Technician - Construction (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJOctober 15, 2012
A tyical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The majority of my co-workers are a pleasure to work with.
shoddy management, no career advancement
claim examiner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 12, 2012
they hire through personal connection than job performance; almost entirely female office full of bickering, resentmen and unusual enmity when a younger one comes in, and way too much of gossip. incompetent management
Cons
short breaks
Very good
Senior Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2012
-Busy, multi-tasking was applied
-State / Industry Standard
-Goal Oriented
-Get along good
-Month end
-Learning a lot of new avenues
Pros
good company
Cons
production base less of quality
Close to Home but My Manager & Supervisor Stunk
Business Analyst & Deployment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 5, 2012
As I expected, the environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. My trainer was excellent, but the manager & supervisor were both cut-throats & jerks. Real back-stabbers. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best.
Ok company to work for
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2012
Work was busy at times. Line of communication was not always clear from management down.
Challenging development experiences
Application software manager (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJSeptember 4, 2012
1) Managing assignments for SAP MDM
2) Automating systems that only provide manual interfaces improves performance, functionality and error reduction
3) Explanation of tasks to subordinates to improve effiency
4) I want to work with smart people who add and question ideas instead of just following orders
5) Continuing to grow
6) Successful completion of an assignment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartis. Our community is ready to answer.