Chartis Employee Reviews

Growth Enviroment that will allow skills, talents, and traits to shine.
Senior Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJNovember 25, 2014
I really enjoy working with the public and i hope to excel in my customer service experience. Working now with a church ministry has really put my life in new perspective with working with the people, specifically people who are truly in need of every day items. It has made me humble to know that i have been blessed even when unemployed, because i am still able to lean on my degree and allow my education and ability to adapt and learn new skills willingly to guide and protect my career path. Therefore I hope to spread that positive attitude in my new work environment and allow it to be my podium that i lean on when looking for a career path and so far it has such a success, because along the way i have encounter such wonderful people who with career mind and strong focus on long term goals they are still grounded with humility and strength to give back to their community.
Pros
I enjoyed working with people
Cons
The long lines and short tempers at times
Diverse company with good training opportunities
Premium Audit Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Chartis Insurance is a growing company that offers plenty of opportunities for training and knowledge for a number of insurance fields.
Great internship
Underwriter's Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2014
Great experience working for a company under such a large name as AIG.
Pros
Great reputation and work/life balance
Cons
Very corporate
Worked with top professionals in the field
Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2014
Gained a lot of experience through mentors, eventually I became a mentor to others newly hired and the mentees eventually moved on to promotions, Productive and professional environment to work in
Pros
Excellent inhouse continuing education and licensing coordination, Great benefits and reasonable salary
Cons
Many times work flowed into the weekend.
stable company
Administrative Assistant and Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAMay 20, 2014
A very profitable and stable company but not employee friendly.
Pros
locations all over the world
Cons
do not care about there employees
productive work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaMay 13, 2014
Loved this job! This job was very rewarding! I enjoyed providing customer service to clients! The job kept me busy!
Pros
employee moral
Cons
travel time
Challenging, lack of management expertise, good team work
Accountant 1 (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
Good learning experience, however no job efficiency and lack of expertise in the management process. There isn't any work process as the management is trying to understand and streamline our work so basically management is using us a the guinea pigs to test things out. The hardest part of the job is to juggle work and personal life. Long hours and management is never satisfied with our work. People are quitting and we are giving more responsiblities. My co workers are great. We have great team work and always available to offer help. I started as Accountant1 five years ago and still I am an Accountant1 even though I am required to do more work with more job responsibilities. There isn't any job security. The enjoyable part of the job is to learn and my coworkers are enjoyable. The hardest part of the job is that we have our duties but more duties are given to us and we are expected to learn it quickly. Since management is trying to streamline processes, they are basically confused on how to start and finish. I am efficient and a hard working person, however if the job doesn't entail a flow of work or job efficiency, then it gets a bit difficult to follow.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
management
ok place to work
Investment Accountant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2014
Management is cutting corners everywhere. Red tape everywhere. There is a lot of work and not enough time to finish the work.
Nice location with helpful workers
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Typical accounting work, closings and posting of journal entries. Many people that worked there were set in their ways and we adverse to change.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Old systems leading to lots of overtime
Great working experience
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Berkeley Heights, New JerseyJanuary 15, 2014
Primary Underwriter for all New Business and Renewal accounts for the Accident & Health Dept. / Small Business Philadelphia and Atlanta regions respectively.
Face of AIG Small Business to the Regions
Development of business proposals for Small Business
Rated and quoted policies
Responsible for Business Travel Accident and Specialty Market accounts
Audited Underwriting Analyst
Forecasted budget
Travel with Sales Representatives on Broker calls / Sales / Customer Service
Underwriter for more complex and difficult accounts
Issuing Policies as well as rating and processing endorsements
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Job security was not a problem with this company.
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
My typical day at work would include making sure that my clients' disability checks were properly distributed. This was very important because these checks would be their only source of income. This position has taught me how to manage and follow up on specific tasks. The hardest part of this job was to leave your assignments/feelings at the job. The most enjoyable part of my job was to hear the smile on my clients' faces when you would have their check issued immediately to them.
Pros
Employee recognition and job stability
Cons
Lack of enthusiasm from coworkers
Great
Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 9, 2013
Great place to work while i was a student . Great staff and enviornment.
Call Center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  2 Acquarium Drive, Camden, New JerseyOctober 9, 2013
Customer Service Calls on
Medical benefits and
Medical Claims
Pros
Comfortable work environment
Cons
No room for advancement
Productive and Family Oriented Company
Workers Comp Claims Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 24, 2013
Over the 20 years I have learned and valued the importance of customers services, being a typical day of work solving & completed daily task assignment. I have played the roll daily as a teammate helping co-worker when needed, being a valuable role player. Hardest part of the job is leaving daily when you know there is so much more you want to do . The most enjoyable and rewarding is to know that I have achieved the best customers services and I have given 250% of my day.
Pros
Benefits, work hours, and the morale
Cons
No room for growth, lack of management
Productive a great way to learn about commercial insurance
Premium Audit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 8, 2013
Took inbound phone calls from insured's who had Worker's Comp. policies for their employees. They called to either dispute their audit if something was calculated incorrectly, or to get information on how they could schedule their payroll audit with one of our auditors. We also rec'd requests via email, and fax. We would open the dispute if necessary and forward the information onto our audit techs for completion of the requests. We would also do call backs from the voice mail messages left, the hardest part could be the multitasking, but when you get a rhythm going, it's ok. I enjoyed talking to a lot of the insured's that would call in because you can build a client-customer service with them.
Pros
the company took care of their employees, we would have out of the office lunch meetings, company picnic time.
Cons
unfortunately would have to face angry people who knew about the AIG bailout amongs other things.
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking.
Executive Liability Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2013
A typical day at work requires a lot of multi-tasking. I learned about the underwriting side of the business. The environment was fast-paced, but I found the expectations to be unrealistic. The work was new & difficult for me, but I gave it my best. Incompetent management if a manager was in that position locally and limited on-line training provided.
Cons
No hands on training, Incompetent management
confortable chats with supervisors
Oracle Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 31, 2013
A typical day at work is full of fun, for the most part, oracle database administration has alot of repetitive task but i bet you it is alot of fun doing. In my career as a DBA i have learned so much from backup and recovery best practices to SQL tuning and optimization just to name a few. so far i must say i have been very lucky working with co-workers who are fun loving, entertaining and ultimately great team players. As strange as it may sound one of my most difficult moments in the job was upgrading from 10g to 11g. The fun of taking client tickets and solving their problems and then seeing the joy they have makes me fill so fulfilled.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short dance
ADMIN ISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Hato Rey, PRApril 1, 2013
I did whatever they asked me to do, even if it was working in the file room. Learned a little on how to interact with clients.
Great place to work a one time, customer and employee driven
Premium Audit Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2012
Learned alot about comerical auto and general liability, quiet and peacful atmostphere.
Pros
employee programs, team building activities.
Cons
economy, and association with aig limited jobs
process worker comp audits
Premium Audit Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2012
typical work day you meet your goal to process 8-12 audits, my coworkers were great.
Pros
room to grow
Cons
overwhelming at times