Chartwells Dining Services Employee Reviews

when new management took over i felt very unappreciated. they wanted work from me that i was paid to do just because i was there the longest.
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  washburn university in topeka kansasMarch 22, 2017
I loved working there with the clients. New Management took over and changed everything. They hired new people at an hourly rate more than mine after i was working there for 2 years.
Pros
free food; friendly people
Cons
new management did not appreciate loyal employees.
Fun and Flexible
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NEDecember 26, 2016
I started working there when I started college. And I have enjoyed almost every day of it. At any age, there are people there that are close enough to your age you can always find a friend, and no one is left out. Also, there are opportunities for advancement. In only one year, I got two promotions. I have other friends who started at the same time as me, in the same position as me, and became supervisors. I recommend this place very strongly.
Pros
Free meals for any shift you work. Works with your schedule. Advancement opportunities.
Cons
Hard to find full time work in the middle of the year.
Well organized company and a great team environment
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 24, 2016
A typical day of work consisted of over 150 cash registers reporting to my desktop computer and weekly reveiws of all reports received.

This was a a great team environment where employees did not have the mentality of "my job." The hardest part of my job was training all new employees on a semi-annual basis.

The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling to new locations to assist in opening and training new accounting employees.
Background
Controller/Regional Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 30, 2015
I have over 15 years of controller and audit experience that would provide a great addition to your accounting team. I am well versed in all areas of accounting that will be a great asset to your team...
Fun place to work
Dessert Section supervisor at Campus Dining (Current Employee) –  Charlotte,NCFebruary 10, 2015
The environment is very encouraging, the team work is good.The work place has a jovial and conducive atmosphere, the managers are friendly and accomodating
Pros
Free Lunches, breaks
Cons
have ot inform in advance to get a leave
Make the best of it
Director of Dining (Former Employee) –  Union City, NJSeptember 20, 2014
Great experience working with children and adults of multiple backgrounds
Interesting field of work but inconsistent hours.
Concessions Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLAugust 11, 2014
Friendly coworkers entertaining events and duties. Hours were very inconsistent as it was event based.
Productive and Fun
Field Maintenance Associate/ Concessions Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy,ILApril 28, 2014
Great working environment where opportunity is provided and given. You meet new people everyday and get to interact with them.
Pros
working environment, benefits
Cons
under staffed somedays
productive and everyday is new learning experience
FOOD SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  purchase, new yorkJanuary 6, 2014
Its a great enviroment to work in. I Have learned how engage with the customers and employees more and served the customers need.
Cashier and stocking
Part-time (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJuly 9, 2013
Work as a cashier and did stocking sometimes
Made coffee at the Starbucks bar in the corner store.
Pros
free lunch
Pleasant
Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Towers Circle, SEMO Cafeteria, Cape Girardeau, MOOctober 2, 2012
I worked at Chartwells throughout my college time. The experience had been very nice. working around people you know is always fun.
Above all learning experience, leadership and role of a supervisor has been my best one.
When you work with your colleagues and your friends and at the same time you are supposed to tell them what to do, things can get a bit uncomfortable. I have learnt how to deal with such situations and put work first above your ties.
fun environment to work in
Cashier & Team Member (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PASeptember 17, 2012
have to make sure you stay focused on customers and food sanitation regulations, but the job is fun!! Good people, good quality service, and good food.
Great teamwork, excellent benefits, wonderful place to work
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDJune 12, 2012
A Typical day at Work
- Controlled and managed thirteen dining operations in all aspects of accounting, with net revenues of $5 million per year
- Managed six A/R & A/P clerks; as well as trained and managed semester based interns to assist in process of accounting
- Prepared monthly, quarterly, semi-annualy, and annualFinancial statements for upper management and CFO of Towson University
- Annually developed budgets with a 5% to 10% inflation and provided timely, monthly explanations of variances between actual results and future forecasts
- Worked with internal and external auditors during reviews to ensure full compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley regulations
- Developed training manual for cashiers and annualy trained employees
- Recovered $1.8 million dollars in accounts receivable in the first six months of employment

What I Learned
- Excellent teamwork
- Management skills

- Managed six A/R & A/P clerks; as well as trained and managed semester based interns to assist in the accountin process

My Co-Workers
- Excellent teamwork
- Learned all aspects of everyone's job in order to assist them when need with coorespondence, and helped with cash register work

My Hardest Part of The Job
- Nothing

The Most Enjoyable Part of my Job
- Everything
Pros
free lunches, $5000 credit card, salary, off from christmas eve until the day after new years, twoo weeks off in the summer, two weeks paid vacation, pto, and sick time
Small office environment versitile job role
Advertisement Intern (Former Employee) –  North Manchester, INMay 29, 2012
Typical day included updating various social media sites and maintaining the brands presence online. I learned how to best manage company social media accounts and websites. Co-workers for the most part stuck to their job duties but team work was essential for major events. Hardest part of the job was getting students to buy-in to new social media websites. The most enjoyable part of the job was exploring new social media sites and participating in events put on through Chartwells.
Pros
freedom to expand social media accounts, versitile job role
Cons
group think, some personality clashing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwells Dining Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Chartwells Dining Services Reviews by Location