CHARTWELLS FOOD SERVICE Employee Reviews

Chartwells review
Head Lunch Chef and head baker (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 14, 2017
It is a fast paced job that requires quick wit and quick on your feet. Decisions may need to be made when supervisors are not around. Use your best judgment .
Pros
Free lunch, Summers off
Cons
Some employees where difficult to work with
Lots of culinary skills to be learned
Dinning hall attendent (Current Employee) –  Georgian Court UniversitySeptember 12, 2017
Getting the dinning hall ready for lunch. Make sure coffee made all machines are clean and full set up cash register . After lunch clean everything to get ready for dinner. Everybody works as a team to accomplish this.
Pros
Talking to the staff and students
Cons
Not enough employees to make the service run smooth
A lot of work for little pay
Training and Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOSeptember 9, 2017
Generally, I had to be at work at 5:30am. I would make sure all of the kitchen was ready for breakfast at the school. Then I would manage the prep for lunch, and do the deposit after. I kept track of sales trends and was in charge of creatively marketing to get kids to want to eat school lunches more. The work environment was not fun, given the type of people that work there. $13/ hour is low in my eyes to manage 15+ people, fill in for other managers, and do other endless duties.
Pros
free lunches, lots of independence
Cons
low pay, no fun
relaxed enviroment
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Manitowoc, WISeptember 3, 2017
Wonderful staff members that are fast learners and willing to help when needed. Fast paced enviroment. No day is the same we always have new items on the menu.
Pros
breaks
Cons
no insurance
fun workers and really good food and free lunches
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAAugust 28, 2017
Fun workers and really good to eat and plus I got free lunches and dinners and I learned how to clean dishes and restock plates and cups and bowls and learned how to dup trays and my enjoyable part of job is the was really nice people that help me along the way at my job.
Pros
it was a really good place to work it
due to being contract company out for doing more with less has its problems.
Manager Food Service (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 5, 2017
daily food production, temperature logs for food/equipment follow company recipes.
try to learn something new every day
training needs improvement
I enjoy customer service part of job
Pros
hours
Cons
last minute needs/ lack of planing/no vacation days off
fun work place
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 25, 2017
I liked working at chatrwells, the only thing there was a lot of favoritism. Management sometimes could not get things under control. I did not like that I did not get benefits. and that I was out of a job until like the middle of August.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
A Place to Excel if you Know What You Are Doing.
Manager (Current Employee) –  WyomingJuly 24, 2017
The most enjoyable: Working with such a varied background of clients; Getting to tap into critical thinking and creativity; Exchanging ideas and skills with incredible project teams of talented individuals; Having access to other individuals nationwide to celebrate and exchange successes and challenges and grow together; Seeing the growth of teams by tapping into the talents of our local group who's eagerness to expand their knowledge and skills just needed recognition and support to shine.

This is a fantastic company for go-getters who are proven in their field of running a professional culinary workplace. The company has grown exponentially and thus comes with amazing benefits for those whom are self motivated believers and doers, not so for those who are too prideful to understand the support system.

You must be strong and have your head in the right place, instinctual and professional, you must know what you are doing and know how to find the right connections for what you need. The right people in this company recognize talent and skills and are eager to find those people and get them into place for the broader picture.

The hardest part of working here depends on your particular region not the positions themselves: Training of your positions expectations, responsibilities and goals is not a given but extremely important with this growing company. Keeping excellent records on assisgnments and who's roles for those assignments is a must with such a fast growth company and those that may not be succeeding in handling themselves with integrity.

If you are smart,
  more... professional in your actions towards others and dedicated to your own growth, career, company goals and knowledge, this will be an amazing fit. Chartwells is an amazing company looking for the right professionals.  less
Pros
Great benefits, Room to grow nationally, Room to move nationally, Multiple areas of work in different fields.
Cons
Growth faster than knowledge of those filling positions of qualification, Difficulties relating to the same.
My coworkers have been great.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJune 19, 2017
I chop veggie and fruits, make house salads, make ranch dressings. I have run the grill with cooking hamburgers and hot-dogs. When i wash dishes i fill up the dishwasher and then start it up spray off the plates and pans then send then through.
fun work place
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, SCJune 13, 2017
Fun workplace, a typical day at work is that you are busy from the time you walk in until the end of the day, I have learned that team work is essential.
Pros
free lunch, summer breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLJune 12, 2017
Great hours and paid holidays and sick days are a plus. And being able to have weekends off is Great :) And a great work crew makes it even better. :)
Productive and fast paced.
Cashier/ food service (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 11, 2017
Chartwell is a great company to work for, but
the corporate office does not abide by what is written in the company handbook.It is very fast
paced and challenging.
Pros
free meal with your meal card.
Cons
30 minute breaks and certain benefits.
n/a
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Gresham, ORJune 7, 2017
i loved working there
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting free lunch.
the hardest part of the job was the cleaning
a typical day at work was stock selfs
it was a good working environment
cook (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJune 6, 2017
i enjoyed the job but im looking try new things. i am a hard worker and i am never late to work. i always have a positive attitude. i get along well with employees and never give up
Environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Loch Sheldrake, NYJune 1, 2017
The food is pretty good and it is very diverse. I love working for the kids, they keep me entertained. It feels good that I am providing kids a meal while away at college.
Great work enviroment, friendly employees
Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 30, 2017
Great Job for anyone. Loyal customers and friendly environment. The place is very neat and well kept. The job is pretty easy and understandable. I love the breaks they offer us.
Great College Job
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 22, 2017
Typical day was stock product and checkout customers. My supervisors were amazing! I couldn't have asked for better understanding management. It was on a campus so it was a bunch of college students and faculty.
Pros
Free lunches, 30min lunch breaks, flexible hours
Cons
New set of management
Line cook
Line food prep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 4, 2017
Line cook and good preparation. Family life balance with will love. Benefits are costly with high deductible. Work nine months out the year and schedule is based around school system.
Benefits
Cons
Benefits are expensive
Not a bad place to work if u like having time off
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXApril 30, 2017
Flexible hours ok pay and they work around your schooling. U get unemployment during yhr times u are off plus they over benefits. Ran by decent people
I cooked a variety of food.
Night Lead I (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARApril 21, 2017
At chartwells I made pizza, oriental food, and greek food. Learning to make all those different kinds of food was enjoyable. The opportunity for advancement was nice.
Pros
Free food
Cons
My manager