Chartwells Higher Ed Employee Reviews

Great Company
Executive Chef (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 20, 2017
I've worked for Chartwells Higher Ed for 2 years and it has been a great company to work for. They place a high value on communication and inclusion.
Appreciated, good tem, fun and excellent
Pizza Cook (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 8, 2017
Routinely set up work station, made sure ovens are on, heating food warmIng wells to a certain temp. Prepare all toppings as I determine how much fresh pizza dough is used for the day, to follow up on making three 50 lbs. batches of dough and Marinara Sauce accordingly to Chef's requisitions. All task were met at a timely manner in order to ensure food items of the prep list are done on time.
The most enjoyable part is having a privilege to be creative on the pizza of the day, like rustic pizzas, contemporary Italian pizzas, Greek stye (Sun dried tomatoes with artichokes, feta and olives.), etc.
Pros
Ability to adapt to different work stations, saute, gill, dlei, and entrée stations.
Cons
Undsrpaid, I was over qualified. As I was promoted, cafeteria manager was continuously delinquent on my pay wage as my tasks increased drastically.
Great atmosphere working on a college campus
Manager of a unit (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 3, 2017
Chartwells is a sector company under the corporation Compass USA. Chartwells believe in having a fun but productive day, feeding the students and providing the comfort of being away from home. An employee has the potential to grow in the company. They provide great training.
Pros
Growth
Fast paced, ever growing experiences.
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Shippensburg, PAMarch 3, 2017
Energetic workplace that strives on dependability and comfort. Each and every day offers new experiences that help an employee grow as an individual.
Good overall
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZFebruary 24, 2017
Worked with them for years and met great people. The work was fairly easy to get used to. I had a wonderful time working with catering events with the schools student life.
Pros
Great relationships with customers
Cons
Some issues with management
its a fun environment to work in.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAFebruary 11, 2017
well Chartwells has just taken over an account over Sodexo at kings College and so far the change has been a lil tough but as the days go on things are getting in order. it is a fun place due to all of my co-workers and staff. they are all great and lots of team work.
Good community of employees
Caterer (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 19, 2017
When I first began working for Chartwell's, it was like no workplace I had experienced before. Very friendly work environment. They were great with working with my schedule considering I was a student when I was working for them.
Place for learning many facets of the job
Sr. Director of Dining Services (Current Employee) –  River Forest, ILMarch 26, 2015
Chartwells Higher Education a division of Compass Group NA teaches you many facets of the job. Due to wearing many hats you learn everything from benefits, Human Resources, Marketing, Cleint Retention. Typical Day at work is usually 10-12 hours a day depending on the needs of the business. I love my coworkers as they work together as a team to ensure that we are represented. The hardest part of the job is not having quality of life. What I enjoy most is training and ensuring that our customers, clients and students are satisfied each and everyday
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Very diverse, high energy, exciting, challenging work place.
Managing Chef (Former Employee) –  University of Arkansas, Fayettevile, AR 72701April 8, 2014
Managed high volume dining facility on campus; developed four week menu cycles for multiple stations; ordered all product; maintained web based menu program utilizing Webtrition; instituted cost control programs; supervised all basic daily operational functions; managed proper safety practices; daily supervision and monitoring of entire dining hall staff and schedule; maintained customer service and associate rewards programs.