Chartwells

Chartwells Employee Reviews

feel as though nothing is gauranteed
Cashier/Server/Cook (Former Employee), Seneca Falls, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch meal
Cons: short breaks unpaid
A typical day for chartwells is slighlty stressful not much help available very limited workers that are actually willing to go the extra step to help others. Promised alot of things that never get recieved hence my reason for leaving the most enjoyable part of my job was helping with extra events such as sport/ school events hosted on the weekends. The hardest part of the job would have to be not having much help on the buisy days very few people to work with you to assure that food is being served at a timely matter .
Reliable job
casjier/general kitchen help (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2015
Chartwells fit my needs at the time that i worked there. It afforeded me a decent schedule so htat i could be home when my child was home. I had fun, liked working with my fellow coworkers and was able to get to to know the students that i served every day.
Generally enjoyable work environment but...
Food Service Associate (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work environment
Cons: Benefits, wages
Management and Corporate should communicate better with general staff and understand realistic demands for sales. Better benefits could be provided. Since wages are determined by number of sales, corporate should allow for more diversity in breakfast/ lunch menus for students.
productive
Cook (Current Employee), Coral Gables, FLJune 30, 2015
chartwells is a great company, with a lot of job opportunities to grow. From the high end to the low end there is always someone to welcome you with open arms.
Poor Benefits
Cook/prep (Current Employee), Boiling SpringsJune 22, 2015
Pros: Anyone who has kids its great for school hours.
Cons: Not 40 hours unless Mangment.
Chartwells has poor benefits for those who over 30 hours a week. Pay is also poor. Hours are ok if you have school children or if your retired. They do not provide and health care.
As a student, I loved it.
Cashier (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLJune 21, 2015
As a full time college student, working on campus made it easier to get school work done and be able to work as a team. Also if you lived on campus, you would not have to travel very far to get to work.
teaching new emploees
Student Manager (Former Employee), Winona, MNJune 20, 2015
clock in and get told everything that needs to be done that night.
I learned how to be patient with others.
management was good but a little strict.
becoming a manager makes your responsible for things that happen even when they are someone else mistake.
making new friends was the best part of the job.
It had bad management but great co-workers.
Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJune 13, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Short breaks
A typical day at work was just cleaning, setting up, and tearing down food stations. I learned how to set up food stations in a proficient manner. The management was not very helpful and most of the time were not there. My co-workers were helpful most of the time and taught me more than the management did. The hardest part of the job was not knowing what my tasks were for the day because they would constantly change. The best part of the job was meeting my co-workers and developing new friendships with them.
Stay away from Chartwells
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Former Employee), Highland Heights, KYJune 10, 2015
One of the worst job experiences I have had. I left as soon as I could. Poor culture and management. Very behind the times in many ways.
fun place to work and learn
Cook (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FlJune 1, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, Meet New Students
Cons: Healthcare
A typical day at Chatwells was very easy going and simple. I learned how to work as a breakfast and dinner line cook. I also learned how to work in a pizza station and at the grill. My Co-Workers were very welcoming. The Hardest part of the job for me was staying busy, I am a very fast past worker.
A good learning experience
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Scranton, PAMay 29, 2015
• Performed food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers and portioning salads.
• Stored food in a designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage and increase shelf life.
• Maintained cordial and professional relationships with coworkers, managers and customers.
• Prepared coffee and other drinks in consistent adherence to company recipes.
• Informed customers about specialty drink and food ingredients as required.
• Operated cash register and credit card machine accurately and efficiently in processing customer payments.
• Maintained and updated product inventory lists on a regular basis.
• Upheld company customer service standards at all times.
Good
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Concord, NHMay 27, 2015
Pros: Free food with the Short break
Cons: Nothing
I really like working there.
I had fun and learn stuff when there. They never once put me down and were able to work around my times.
Very nice place to work.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Springfield, MOMay 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Free food, Fun Workplace
Cons: None
Very nice place to work and I could eat as much as i wanted. While working there i had some of the best experiences of my life.There was a positive work environment and on a typical day at work I found myself rather relaxed in my work area. My co-workers were full of energy and kept me motivated. We worked all our duties as a team and no one looked down upon anyone for any reason .I had to leave due to unrelated work issues.
Productive and fast paced work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Davie,flMay 18, 2015
Productive and fast paced work place deal with customer service, hiring employees, and cash handling. Work with all different types of consumers, hiring and firing employees, and store ordering.
A new experience.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Newark, NJMay 13, 2015
It was busy. I learned to be polite and always smile.
My manager was really great and so were my co-workers. We all worked very well together. The hardest part of the job was washing the dishes. My most enjoyable part of the job was that I felt that I was part of a team.
Fun Workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee), Johnstown, NYMay 12, 2015
I've learned to work quickly and efficiently while being able to have fun and enjoy coming to work everyday. The manager is completely professional but brings a fun environment to the workplace.
A nice place to meet different cultures and doctors, nurses and other parts of the medical field.
Customer Service/Food Prep (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMay 11, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Summer break of 3 months off due to it being affiliated with a University
A typical day at work could be somewhat easy going to a fast paced and busy. But overall it is easy work, as long as you come to work and not to play around.
Great place for students to work
Concessions (Former Employee), San Marcos, TXMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free food, Great managers and co-workers
Cons: Dealing with some very rude customers at times
Chartwells is a really fun place to work. Of all places I have been employed, they are by far the best I have worked for. You don't run into any rude or cruel people in the workplace. You are allowed to take a 30 minute break during your shift (unlike other food service companies). The scheduling is extremely flexible!

One of the best benefits is that you get to eat the food for no extra charge.
Working Too Hard for Too Little Money
Food Services Worker (Former Employee), Cedar City, UTMay 4, 2015
An average day at Outtakes is full of ups and downs. Some days were slow as molasses and other days, a mad rush. If you weren't the supervisors favorite you would be lectured for every little thing you didn't do perfectly. The coworkers were friendly for the most part, but it ever really went past work friendship. The best part about the job was honestly the customers, they were the only ones who seemed to care and understood that you were only human.
Adventurous and Prouductive
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), San marcos, TxMay 1, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks, income, and college kids
Led a small staff of 6 employees, served over 1,500 meals a day working at TX St worked multiple places such as starbucks, blimpie,

1 2 3 4 5

About Chartwells

Keeping employees fed and clothed is one mark of this company. ARAMARK is the world's #3 contract foodservice provider (behind – Read more

Chartwells Salaries