Chartwells Employee Reviews

Great service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 19, 2017
The environment is really welcoming, the workers treat you like their family. They always make sure that you have what you want, they give you a feeling like no other, a home away from home.
Pros
Great food
Cons
short breaks
disorginazed shady company with nothing to offer.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZApril 18, 2017
this company caused me a lot of stress, I would put my all in helping solving store problems (as a dishwasher) and in the end I get laid off to do budget cuts (so they say).
Pros
free lunches
Cons
to much to list.
great place
Assistant Cook (Current Employee) –  Bronson, MIApril 12, 2017
prepare food for the students in the morning and at lunch
We would also clean and sanitize the kitchen before and after meals
would also meal prep for the next day
Van Driver and Sandwich Central Person
Sandwich Central Server/Van Driver (Former Employee) –  China, MIApril 8, 2017
As a van driver I would deliver food to the different schools for breakfast and lunches. I would then pick up the leftovers and bring back to the main office.

As a sandwich center server I made sandwiches subway style for the middle school and high school student's lunch. I prepared the lunch line and tore down the lunch line each day. I loved working with the students. They loved me.
Pros
Hours were perfect while my kids were in school, I could still go to doctors appointments and other appointments during the day
Cons
Pay was not great and no benefits
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 7, 2017
I was a Cashier and I did dishes occasionally. I enjoyed meeting the students, staff and faculty of the skill. I learned a lot about active listening and making important decisions on my own.
A good place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 3, 2017
Seven to eight hour shift with a 30 minute lunch. Prep up in the AM and cook some basic breakfast sandwichs and other offerings.
Lunch is busier and fast paced but is an enjoyable area to work. Good atmosphere and people.
Pros
Free Meal with 5 hour shift
Cons
Health cae expensive and seasonal work as it is on University of West Florida campus.
Great mangers/ CEO
Customer service, Taking orders, Inventory (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 2, 2017
great work environment fast paced but also steady great employees. chill work place get to catch up on homework and other things best job ive ever had!
Everyday Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Poplar Bluff, MO.March 29, 2017
A typical day at work is one that can change daily. You think you have a routine that you can stick to and most days you can, but then there is the days where it can all change because you never know how the students will feel when it comes time for lunch. I have learned that you can do anything you want.
Good
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 27, 2017
Worked serving food to college students. Also worked in the dish room. Learned customer service and how to operate the cash register. Management is professional.
Good management team and friendly work environment.
Sever/Host (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 24, 2017
Chartwells has a good management team, they take care of the needs and concerns that employees have. This server job had improved my customer service skills significantly.
Cashier and Cook (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 21, 2017
A typical day at work customer pleasing and a great environment. Coworkers are very involved with one another as far as getting work done which is beneficial as well as helpful. I have learned a lot at Chartwells far as improving my customer service skills and being a great coworker. The culture is excellent and very diverse. the part of my day that i enjoy is having fun discussions with coworkers and taking pictures with the specials.
Decent job, lousy RDM
Director of Dining (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 20, 2017
Worked at a nice college in Boston,was successful in my role. However, RDM was famous for Sat. AM texts meant to ruin your weekend, pitted directors against each other, lied on the reg about client, upper management & hourly staff. Expected round the clock dedication but failed to give it in return. As a result there was high management turnover.
Pros
Meals, staff, benefits
Cons
mega manaical RDM
Good job for college student
Food Preparation Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2017
This would be a great job for a college student looking for employment.. it's easy preparation for the job. The people and the customers are wonderful.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Management n pay
fun work place
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Rathdrum, IDMarch 14, 2017
great attitude from employers and employees in the work place.
treated as a real person not just a number. great hours and days. cooking is made fun in the work place
it not bad
Cook Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIMarch 1, 2017
i do stock milk, stock plates, silverware, and do dishes.
i learn to do things.
the management good
there is nice working at the schools
the hardest part of the job is rotate the milks
Pros
free lunches or drinks
Unique environment where you can learn many things.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 28, 2017
During my shifts I would be able to work multiple positions. My managers would ask me to assist wherever help was needed. I enjoyed being able to help everyone to make sure we can all finish on time and the next shift runs smoothly.
Pros
30 minute lunch and two 15 minute breaks
productive and very busy work place
FRONT END FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CT 06708February 23, 2017
A typical day at work is very busy work but the most enjoyable part was meeting and greeting the students. I often talked with them about their foreign cultures. They made my each and everyday worthwhile!!
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Barista
Barista (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZ 85302February 22, 2017
The management changes every few years and in result employees instructions change. The environment is great and is easy to bond with customers and coworkers. The pay is minimum wage and minimum hours.
Seasonal Job
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COFebruary 22, 2017
Typical day was making drinks and servicing the coffee machines, making sure food items were dated and rotated.
It was a nice experience to get to be in the College library and meet new people.
Management was somewhat lacking as they did not communicate well with one another and their employees.
Pros
Coffee, work with a broad range of people.
Cons
No one ever relieved me for restroom breaks and I felt bad if I had to leave my station
Fun
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Everyone is willing to help each other to make the company run smooth. I've never had any issue there before. A typical day at work is everyone doing there specific while getting out food before the desired time.
Pros
Free lunches, Flexible, work time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chartwells. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval