Chartwells Employee Reviews

love my job
Cashier/Salad Bar/ Deli (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 20, 2018
I really like working there but I'm moving so I have to leave.
if you get good management your go far. only thing is lack of hours.
benefits are great
Cons
lack of hours
Fun place to work.
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 20, 2018
A typical day at work and was very rewarding.The management culture was professional. the work place culture was also rewarding.
The most enjoyable part of the job was to ensure on time deliveries.
Poor management
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 18, 2018
Long hours, low, pay ,and no appreciation. The issues between associates made it similar to working in a daycare. Way to much drama and no leadership. It was a very abusive environment.
Pros
Working with the students.
Cons
Too much drama between associates.
Bookkeeping and data entry (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2018
Everyone is treated equally and many opportunities for advancement ,The friendly co workers and management will look into the best interest for the employee,
my experience at Chartwells
On call dinning server (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTFebruary 13, 2018
I love working at Chartwells because I love working in the food industry period I've always had a job in this field I like that it is fast paced you are always busy learn new skills always new training availible
Fun place to work
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIFebruary 11, 2018
I really enjoy working with all of the people at Chartwells Cadillac High School cafeteria.

We work as a team with everyone willing to help if there is a need.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Cons
Sesonal.
Good place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 10, 2018
It was my first job, and i miss it sometimes good place ............... working with college kids is fun plus thery were very respectful!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Free Food!!!
fast-paced
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Harrison, MIFebruary 8, 2018
fast-paced environment working around school aged children. Time management is a must. The job gets easier once you figure out a routine that works for you.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 8, 2018
I would continue working here if I could, but nursing is 100% my passion and I want to pursue my dreams. Management was great. I had a lot of issues and I wasn’t penalized for missing unexpected days. They’re very understanding and everyone is just one big team.
Pros
Great for family life. Excellent breaks
Cons
No work in the summer, pay wasn’t all that great.
Chartwell is conducted by unprofessional leaders.
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 7, 2018
Working for Chartwell It has been an unfortunate case for me. This company is far most the worse employeer I’v encountered because of the minimum wage pay and
slackfullness when it’s time to pay their employees hourly/biweekly wages. . I don’t encourage a hard worker who knows their worth to become an employee with Chartwell.
Pros
You can enjoy a free lunch with other staff members.
Cons
No affordabe benefits.
High turnover
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2018
7:30 Ran register for breakfast at high school. Count money take to manager office. Then prep food for lunch. I usually did condiment table. And put milk and drinks out. Then I had lunch. They let us eat the food served at work. But it was certain items. Which was fine since it was free. Then after we ate then it was time to get back on the register and it was 3 lunch periods and we had to restock in between each group of kids. After the last set of kids clean up area put up any left overs. Then count money and balanced it on register to see if it was even. Take money to office and left for the day. Management did the best they could. But there was a lot of profanity and gossip by the co-workers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
low pay
Fun Workplace
Catering Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 3, 2018
Chartwells was very fun to work for. I was an on call employee so I did not get the full experience but, I did enjoy my experience there. Everyone was very friendly.
Workplace was amazing
Cashier/Night Grill Prep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 3, 2018
I use to do a host of positions and switch whenever needed. From cashiering to serving precooked meals, deli, grill prep and participating in all stations that needed help in any way.
hard wokring place
Lunch Lady (Current Employee) –  Griffith, INFebruary 1, 2018
I have learned a lot at this job. I learned how to be professional, how to communicate. How to cook! How to do your time in a time limit! I love working here! My coworkers are great and a great team! I learned how a team is really suppose to work together! We all get along so well.
my experience working for chartwells
Server (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 1, 2018
I will be there 2 years on the 10th of February and I have served my line the whole time and when I came back from Christmas break they took it from me and put me in the dish room and then cut me down to just two days a week the boss won't talk to me. That is what u call a manager someone they yells at the employee's
Pros
working with the students
Cons
mangers
Stressfull
Prep Cook. Duties (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJanuary 31, 2018
No one is Happy anymore, they take advantage of you in the most upsetting ways, and they are not consistent in wages, People who have been there for 5+ years are making les then new hire's, they are unfair that way. They will push you till you break and leave. Just a bunch of back stabber's.
New employees needed
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coral Gables, FLJanuary 30, 2018
Good company just poor management nice safe environment they just have lazy workers.. the people who work there most are friendly hard working people
productive
FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 30, 2018
Very good job if you are a fulltime student. They worked around the classes you had and understood you had to go to certian events for classes. Classes were a priority.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
A very nice company, get to know a lot kids
Server (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 30, 2018
Working with Chartwells showed a lot and I also learned a lot about dealing with hundreds of kids and their attitudes. When I started back in 2016 everything was knew i had to learn the basics but I caught on fast. It’s a very easy and simple job.
Food service worker/cashier
Food Service Worker/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Neenah, WIJanuary 28, 2018
If you are looking for simply a ‘filler job’ that allows you to work while your children are at school and do not need to make much money this job would possibly be what you are looking for. However, the pay is poor, the lack of concern for employees is very apparent, management is lacking and the ability to move forward is impossible.