Chase Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,411 reviews matching the search
Exciting Company to work for!
MB Research Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXMarch 15, 2017
Chase is a great company to work for. They have taught me so much information that I would have never imagined learning. They continue to provide the best training that you can receive. Management is always helpful and willing to help you meet your goals that have been set in place. The hardest part of my job is location. I currently live in Fort Worth so traveling to Lewisville everyday is starting to be inconvenient. In addition to that the company has decided to move further out to Plano which will add at least twenty more minutes to my commute. I hate to leave the company but I have to find something closer to home.
Pros
Culture, Employees, Company, Training
Review
Teller (Current Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIMarch 12, 2017
A typical day at work is completing all my tasks assigned,helping customers to the best of my ability.
Any job i've had i always learned new thing. At my current job i've learned about financing and banking.
I've never been in the management field but i hope to grow within a company that will enhance my skills and knowledge.
I like a good workplace culture where everyone gets along and everyones working in a team.
I don't really think of jobs being hard, well actually the harder the task the more you learn.
You have to make the best of any job you encounter so i always enjoy my time at work
The benefits were good
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  SE Michigan, Mid MIMarch 15, 2017
This company was such a mixed bag. Bank One was awesome, NBD was great, Chase, not as much. Each branch I worked at was different. Some were run by excellent managers, some by managers who didn't respect their employees. Overall, it was a good place most of the time. The hardest part of my job was being salaried and being expected to work every hour the bank was open, which was around 59 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the people. I had some wonderful co-workers and the clients were as varied and interesting as you could find. I loved them.
Pros
Benefits package, customers
Cons
home/life balance
Productive team environment atmosphere
Business Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
Build relationships with bank and bank associates.
Learn to sell and close
Management offers opportunity to grow
Culture is fun!
The hardest part of this Job is understanding the industry and setting up accounts. Changes are always taking place at Chase
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with awesome colleagues.
Pros
Bank holidays off/ great vacation time offered
Cons
Cafeteria is expensive so bring your lunch
Great benefits- mircomanaged- not a a job for everyone
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 10, 2017
this job is not for the faint of heart. a lot of times you're dealing with unhappy customers over the phone. you're micromanaged. you have to account for every millisecond of your day, including bathroom breaks. there is always talk of "room for advancement", however there is no clear path to do so. benefits are outstanding. 3 weeks pto up front. full benefit package; health, dental, vision, 401K. You are required to work weekends and most holidays.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
micromanaged- required to work weekends and holidays
No work life balance, technology driven
Assistant Branch Manager (ABM) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
You would come in at 8:00 in the morning to prepare for your day with management, conference calls and staff. You would not leave the branch until 7:30pm. Standing on feet all day and educating customers on the technology. Company downsizing due to technology. I have learned to keep yourself marketable. The hardest part of the job was standing and long hours
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No work life balance
Great possibility for growth
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11245March 19, 2017
I started in Telecommunications/Operation s and was able to transfer to LAN group working to solve problems at all three groups, Operation, Telecommunications and Local Area Networks. All employees were worked hard and compensated for their efforts.
Pros
Great collaberation between team members and management.
Cons
Outdated equipment and reluctance to spend on new servers and trsy equipment.
Amazing place to work at
Teller (Former Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Each and every day I would take in deposits and payments. Take care of withdraws and keep a balanced money drawer.
Working at Chase Bank it taught me a lot about managing money.
I loved being able to work in the lobby with people one on one when they would come up to the teller window, but also loved the fast pace of the drive thru.
I am thankful for the manager I had there because she taught me so much and also tried to help me grow in the company.
I think the hardest part of the job was telling people that you couldn't take care of their transaction because they didn't have the proper funds or ID's that they needed.
It was definitely a great work environment though and I enjoyed going to work each and every day.
Pros
Great managment, continually learning
Cons
not enough hours or pay
great benefits and paid time off
Consumer Banker/ Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Show Low, AZJanuary 8, 2017
the manager I worked under was a snake. he was a liar and would cause work place drama and never own up to anything he loved to throw people under the bus. I would go in and do my job I always had great reviews but never a chance to advance in the company. I left the company because they did away with 40 hr tellers so Me only working 30 hrs I needed full time.
Pros
benefits and time off
Cons
higher ups get all the credit but you do the job.
Very professional
Business Teller (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 7, 2017
Very professional and lively place to work in. All the employers are kind and helpful. Manager was exceptional. They try very hard to make you feel welcome and to help you excel in your field. Hard work is appreciated there. Location is very convenient. I do want to mention that I hope that they are more conscientious of a person's education before placing them in a certain position.
Great Experience with advancement opportunities
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTDecember 29, 2016
As a teller I would perform simple transactions such as check/cash deposits, withdrawals, credit card payments and more. The people I worked with were superb and I feel like I grew as an employee and a person because of the kindness and friendship of my co-workers, including management.
The hardest part of the job was when customers would become irate because of policies they didn't agree with.
I loved how close I was able to get with the regular customers. Leaving the job was hard because I had made so many friends with the amazing people I helped.
Pros
Earned company paid lunches
Cons
short staffing
Chase
Licensed PB, Manager and Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 12, 2017
Best job ever. Highly stressful, either you hang in their and catch on to the system in place at 6 months or your out the door crying. Its intense, fun and room for growth. The best 7 years of my career. I won several trips, received several awards and gained a ton of experience. The bonus and incentive money are well worth the time and energy it takes to be successful.
Great workplace but little advancement opportunities.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Millcreek, UTJanuary 8, 2017
Good company to work for and they provide really good benefits even to part-time employees. Management could have been better, years in the company outweighed management experience in that case which didn't turn out very good. Overall not too bad of a job, but it can become a little stressful if your coworkers are lazy.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little advancement opportunity
Challenging Work Environment
Teller (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Working here will teach you a lot, and the company offers many helpful training resources. There are constant changes to policies, which challenges you. The work life balance is great because there is paid vacation time and managers are pretty good with giving you requested time off. You meet some great co workers here, though the customers can be stressful. Overall, great place to work
Great Company with job opportunities for everyone!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 23, 2016
It may take some time to get in, but once you do you are set! I really appreciate how the company invests a huge amount of time and money into training and preparing each employee to succeed at their job. No employee is left without tools needed to succeed!
Pros
Great employee benefits and culture
Cons
can be a bit political when looking for advancement as with any large corporate entity
pay was horrible
Escalation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 19, 2017
Pay was beyond horrible and trying to take time off was even worse. The ability to choose from numerous schedules was helpful as I attend school and have kids that require a lot of time and attention. Management was always rude and there was a lot of favoritism. Having a kids backup daycare was helpful and the benefits were by far the best I've ever had.
Learn a lot from Supervisor feedback & training. Calls are timely & closely watched. No assigned work table. We just say hi & bye.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jericho, NYJanuary 7, 2017
Handled over 100 telephone inquiries. Call volumes are high, no time to talk with co-workers or Supervisors. High employee turn over. Everybody is on the different shifts. Incentives are based on performance rating. Solve problem in cordially manner.
Mortgage Loan Officer
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILJanuary 29, 2017
A typical day at work for me is going through pre- qualification with the customers, checking to see if they qualify to move to application,working with the customers to agree to the terms and rates of their loans so we could proceed to application, and furthermore collecting first sets of documents in order to submit their loans to the underwriter for review. If the loan ever becomes suspended it is my obligation to contact the customer and go over the conditions in order to reconstruct their loan so we can move forward and collect the rest of the necessary documents. Throughout this process it is my job to answer any questions the customer might have to insure that their overall experience with Chase Bank meets and/or exceeds all expectation, therefore guaranteeing customer satisfaction.
Pros
Be able to achieve customer goals.
Cons
Stress
Wonderful company with great staff and employee accommondations
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 15, 2016
A typical day for me would be taking inbound and outbound calls from 8:00am till 4:30pm. I would help customer with there overdraft or closed accounts. I learn a lot about the banking industry and how things work. The managers are very helpful and concerned about the growth of every employee. All of my co-workers are very helpful as well if there are any questions they are quick to give advise. The hardest part of my job would be sitting down for 8 hours straight , staring at a computer screen but besides that it is relatively easy.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 7, 2017
For the first year at Chase I worked as a personal banker on a banking floors, learned about the organization, products, services, culture and operations. Started developing relationships with coworker in other lines of business. Exceeded my sales goals and was able to get promoted.
Pros
Great Place to learn about banking.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chase Bank. Our community is ready to answer.