Chase Card Services Employee Reviews

Perfect job if you're a people person
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 19, 2016
I really, really loved this job & was very disappointed when I was fired. I'd really intended on retiring from this company. The pay & benefits are AWESOME! I met many great people working here. My only complaints are 1) there seemed to be a lack of communication between managers as I would be told the same thing multiple times from at least 2 different managers, & 2) when my numbers weren't meeting quota requirements for up selling to customers, my manager offered additional training to improve my percentage, which I gladly accepted. In spite of asking multiple times when I might receive extra training it never happened & as a result I was fired.
Pros
Great pay & benefits, comfortable work environment, friendly co-workers willing to help
Cons
Issues communication between management, not following through on promises to service reps
Fun place to work
Sr. Specialist II - Chargeback Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 7, 2016
Advancement opportunities, big work load, not enough employees, great employees, management is okay, poor compensation, good benefits and vacation time.
Great company - great leaders
Community & Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2016
Excellent leadership and opportunity for advancement and mobility.
Professional mentorship available and great relationship building. Organized training and resources available. Great work / life balance and employee assistance programs.
Great Job/Strict Policy and Procedure Guidelines
Fraud Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILAugust 16, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Chase was enjoyable and I was sad to go. The attendance policies in the first ninety days of employment are not very realistic. Life happens, and there may be emergency situations when you are required to miss work. Chase's policies and procedures made it necessary to terminate employees that experienced this.
Pros
Several benefits, room to grow
Cons
Policy and Procedures are complex and too strict
productive and great place to work
Customer advocacy specialist (Former Employee) –  elgin, ILJuly 26, 2015
great place to work
everyone gets well along with each other
managers are there to help you achieve your goals with the company
many and different departments that will increase your experiences
great benefits
Pros
bonus upto $600 per month, VIP lunches for top performers
Cons
N/A
Working with Peers was very beneficial
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 20, 2013
Managing a team of 15 in the high balance credit card area. In the department I'm in, there's a total of 75 reps managed by 5. Working cohesively together to keep delinquencies from going further past due. Probably the hardest part in all of it was adapting to the constant change of how the department should be run. Basically the organization of the "how to" get to where the department needs to be. The enjoyable part would be working with peers that want to help each other when and where they can. That has been a pleasure to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
organizational structure
Good Place to work overall
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2013
I had a love hate relationship with Chase. Overall it was great. The pay was fantastic and the benefits were great. I didn't mind helping customers. The hardest part was the occasional difficult customer and stats. They would always change what their emphasis was on stats that month/week. Most of the time it was handletime or how long your average call was but sometimes it was offer rate (how often you suggested products/services) or survey scores. I did ok overall.
Pros
Good wage, great benefits ie short term disability
Cons
Pressure to have good stats, pressure to sell
productive and fun work place great co-workers
Customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 16, 2012
A team player outgoing fun quick learner . Learned that work is work at the end of the day you were there to do a job don't take things to personal. SMILE very important they can hear it in your voice the low point not being able to assist everyone and the high point is when a customer tells you that they are happy with your work!
Pros
foodays, parties, benefits and co-workers at times it felt like a family
Cons
not having the proper tools to assist the cardholders at times
Highly stressful and oppressisve environment
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 6, 2013
High stress level. Some managers are not supportive and have no problem throwing team members under the bus. Three different managers in under a year. High turnover. Constantly hiring and firing employees and there is a new training class every month. Good benefits but people are constantly taking leaves due to the high level of stress.
Pros
decent incentives vacation and benefits
Cons
extremely micro managed environment and high turnover
A great company to work for.
Customer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 26, 2013
• Provides the highest level of customer service while assisting customers who experience financial difficulty.
• Played a major role in protecting the bank assets and preventing credit losses.
• Build relationships with customers to evaluate their individual situation to help them find the right solution for their account.
• Work with customer to negotiate a payment suitable for both the customer and Chase by evaluating the customer’s financial situation.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
n/a
co-workers were a pleasure to work with and there was always a lot to learn
Correspondence Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 10, 2016
Reviewed student's written correspondence and responded back to them in a professional and timely manner. Reviewed regulations on what can and cannot be said on a response to the customer.
Pros
learning all of the time
Cons
not being able to help all customers with their issues
Fast paced environment
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Elgin, ILSeptember 4, 2012
Beginning my day every morning, I update my voice mail with today's date, the time I will be in the office and how they can further contact me. I bring up my Excel sheet that has all of my clients to call. Go through e-mails. And update any information that is needed. As I am beginning I like to go through my spreadsheet to see who I have to call back for that day and what time. Usually it is also in my Outlook Calendar. I've learned quite a bit from working at Chase, how to further interact with people. More about my own job. Different intakes on how to further improve myself. I love working with the people around me, they're all up beat and friendly, who I am always willing to help out. I'd say the hardest part of my job, is fully explaining how things are handled, processed, and perceived. Especially when something is out of my reach of access. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to work with my customers on a daily basis. I can build that one off relationship with them to really understand their situation, and how I can fully help them. It makes me appreciate my job that much more when I know I've done everything I can to help them out.
Pros
day shift, benefits
Cons
working every weekend, vacation time is not available for days needed.
Change is the name of the game at Chase
Customer Services Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMarch 5, 2014
Chase is an excellent company to work for. Within five of the six lines of business, there are opportunities to explore your potential. The company policies are designed to support their employees.
Pros
Great benefits and on site nurse and counsellor
Cons
Cardservices Call Center is high stress and difficult to transfer out of.
Cms
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 19, 2012
Telecommunications
Credit card information is learned
Management is usually good, but managers are not consistant
Co-workers are great
Pros
benefits/pay ; free stuff as "thank yous"
Cons
not enough time off the phones
Advancement opportunities
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2015
Chase offers a wide variety of advancement opportunities, and much of management is from within. Great company to work for, I truly enjoyed it.
Pros
People, advancement
Great learning experience
Specialty Operations Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 29, 2015
good working atmosphere, company promotes team building and supports work life balance. Can be challenging to be promoted, networking a must.
A very large organization that is the product of multiple mergers. It has little concept of brand awareness or global presence.
Site Operations Manager (Vice-President) (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 5, 2012
As site operations VP, each day consisted of a review of the planning for the obligated work for the day, week, and month. Management was in Columbus, Ohio and generally disinterested in the day to day work at the site. No HR or Training support was provided for over seven years. The hardest part of the job was the isolation and the lack of orientation into the Chase organization. the most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to train and lead an organization relatively free of large organization red tape.
Pros
reasonably autonomous
Cons
complete isolation from the rest of the executive team
Working at Chase Card Services
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 19, 2015
1. Daily morning meetings with team to review any issues or concerns with the work we were doing.
2. Dealing with constant change within each department and understanding the best way to adjust.
3. Use mentors within company to help job progression and to understand some of the changes within the departments.
4. Ability to uderstand that each person works differently and as a manager you need to adjust the way you interact with them in order to gain their trust and help them become a better employee.
5. Enjoyed meeting new team members and using my skills to help them write procedures so that anyone off the street could understand how to do their specific task.
Pros
Ability to utilize many different training tools to deal with constant change, how to juggle personal and profesional life.
Cons
Changes made and then changed before teams could learn the new process.
I feel that Chase was a very pleasant experience in my work life
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLDecember 21, 2014
Chase was a very pleasant place to work the the supervisors were very helpful and good to work for, A typical day at work was to go in sign into your computer and right away start taking calls to assist card members. I felt that i learned a lot at Chase and the co-workers were very pleasant to work with. I would say the hardest part of the the job was when you would get that one card member that no matter what you did to try and assist them you could not make then happy that was usually few and far between. The most enjoyable part of my jobe was dealing with the card member as I enjoy customer service
Pros
we would have different contest which we would get different prizes such free lunch
Cons
I don't feel that there were on cons
fun coworkers. lots of laughs.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJuly 12, 2015
Fun place to work. Great co workers. The hardest part of the job was taking 200 calls per day to meet handle time . I learned patience from this job. My manager was terrific. Very understanding of the demands placed on us and would try to make it enjoyable by giving rewards for a good job done.
Pros
rewards for getting good handle time
Cons
to many phone calls in one day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chase Card Services. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2