CHASE MANHATTAN BANK Employee Reviews

Researching disputes in order to correct errors allowed me to provide our customers with the credits or information they needed was what I enjoyed mo
Dispute Resolution Analyst (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 31, 2014
Customer credit card disputes would be queued up and my functions was to do whatever necessary in order to resolve the customers main issue which was anything from requesting transaction receipts to prove a charge, making sure a customer wasn't double billed or charged for services they didn't receive down to verifying the charge even belonged on the correct customers card. The research we performed was mainly information and guidelines set by VISA and MasterCard so frequent contact with those companies and various 3rd party merchants was required on a regular basis. Co-workers and Management were great and everyone was trained in their functions with follow up training on a regular basis. Although it was a fairly large department with many employees, everyone was very friendly and eager to help at anytime. Reviewing all of the guidelines set in place by VISA and MC then matching which one the dispute fell under could be a challenge depending on the situation.
Pros
great atmosphere, excellent benefits, comparable pay rates were definitey a plus, being able to work overtime at my leisure
Cons
choosing what guidelines certain disputes fell under had to be exact or may have been rejected.
Excellent Company and Excellent Growth for any individual with the desire to learn and work hard
Bankruptcy Expeditor/ Bankruptcy Investigator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYOctober 18, 2012
I worked at Chase for nearly 15 years and in those years I grow from a Data Entry position to a Ligitation Specialist position. As a Bankruptcy Investigator/Expeditor I learn the Bankruptcy laws and special collection. This position and this group able me to learn another aspect of Law.

Co-Worker know there Core Values and Practice them everday.

In this position the hardest part of my job was repossesing a cusotmer vehicle. This position was in the Auto Finance division of Chase.

The most enjoyable was being able to help that customer that was going through a hard time and wanted to keep there vehicles. I believe at that time the company logo was "Chase were the right relationship is everything".
Balanced Work and Play
Legal Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 13, 2012
I sat at a desk in a cube working on accounts. There was not much walking around except to the printer/copier machine or a quick walk around the mall in the basement of the building during lunch. We could eat at our desks if we wanted though.

Our department would throw birthday parties for each other and sometimes we had a day where the whole department would go out and socialize. The job required professional dress during normal business days but Fridays were casual days. I would take my job seriously but then I learned from my boss that socialization was important too. I learned to balance.

The hardest part of the job was sitting at the desk analyzing data for so many hours. Sometimes I wished I could walk around some more. But at the same time sometimes I enjoyed the quiet time focusing on work.
One of the greatest banks in the US
Front End Collector to Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2014
Training employees; Interviewing perspective employees; assisting customers with credit repair to cross site training. I learned the sky is the limit regarding career development when a company has to correct people leading their teams. Excellent management! Colleagues were like family, we looked out for each other and always had each other and the company best interest at heart. We gave each other the tough messages and they were received in love. The hardest part of this job was leaving due to company downsize after a challenging merger in 2004; yet the most enjoyable part of the job was showing up every day.
Pros
going to work every day
Cons
company downsize
Strong focus on fact-based decision-making, best practices, process improvement, customer satifaction.
VP - Information Services Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 9, 2012
My time at Chase was right after Chemical merger and just before JPM.
I worked in Small Business Financial Services (SBFS), where the culture was one of innovation, excellence and improving time-to-market. Strong focus on fact-based decision-making, best practices, process improvement, customer satisfaction.and collaboration across organizational disciplines.
Pros
company commitment to training and development; competitive and comprehensive compensation package
Cons
inconsistent application of "chase values"
Productive hard working with great employee rewards
Close by Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 27, 2015
Fast paced, busy, in your face hard work. It taught me to be proactive in my thinking, detailed, analytical in my thinking and efficient with my time. Many opportunities to learn new skills. work in different departments and employee learning and training.

The most enjoyable part of my day was our team and the reward of doing a good job. My co-workers worked together to meet deadlines and get the work out. Helping when ever needed. A great group on this team. Truly good people.
Hardest parts stressful when rates drop.
Pros
Great people, company compensation
Cons
Professional organization which has changed with the times.
Treasurer Chase Manhattan Bank USA (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 10, 2015
The organization has changed dramatically from when I first joined due to acquisitions and a changed regulatory environment. Banking and business in general has gone through a number of consolidations which has placed greater work loads on individuals still employed. Technology enables employees to do more with less people and has tethered the employees to their jobs to a greater extent. I believe the environment which I enjoyed with the company no longer exists either with this organization or others in the industry.
Great medical benefits; supporter of community efforts
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 19, 2015
Typical day included scheduling meetings, preparing travel arrangements for staff, completing travel reports, interacting with staff locally and internationally, general clerical duties.

It was interesting to learn that banking was not just depositing and withdrawing funds. There were rules and regulations put in place by the FDIC that my department was responsible for auditing. Auditing was done to ensure compliance with the FDIC regulations.
Pros
Great medical and dental benefits; lots of perks for employee and family
I love Chase Manhattan Bank, The bank was downsizing and I was one first batches
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NYSeptember 19, 2012
to be laid off. I remember they had big cafeteria with maybe 1000 to 2000 employees. I worked with computers as a data entry clerk.For the first two years while I was working at Chase Manhattan Bank, I was learning a lot and then I was promoted to Accounting department as a clerk. Some of things I do were the reconciliations of bank statements and Accounts Receivables. I worked with some of the most beautiful people.
Pros
they were beds whenever you were not feeling well in human resources.
Cons
i cannot think of any from the top my head.
I was forced to leave within a year because department was relocated in Dallas, Texas
Mutual Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2012
I loved working there. I had a manageable work load. I've learnt a lot about the financial industry. I liked the opportunity to interact directly with company's clients. Managment was practically fair. Co-workers were supportive and pleasant. The hardest part was founding out within two months of employment that the department would be relocated in Dallas, Texas the following year. OI was devastated by that news.
Pros
car service
Cons
mutual fund department had relocated in texas

Want to know more about CHASE MANHATTAN BANK?

Ask a question
Very structured work environment.
Account Reconciliation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 6, 2015
A typical day for me consisted of my handling between 200 - 400 reconcilement packages per month, and performing duties such as receiving input, purging and putting reconcilement packages together for reconcilement. I learned the importance of detail, and research. The management team was both team and customer focused. There were no hard parts of the job for me. It was exciting, and fun. My coworkers were a please to work with, always providing assistance and helping one another.
Custody Specialist
Custody Specialist (Former Employee) –  254 Munoz Rivera Ave.March 4, 2015
Processing customers instruction of investments on time frame required.
All the systems required to process customers transactions, reports balancing and end of day process.
Excellent teachers, team work orientated
Co-workers excellent group willing to learn in cross training and to work as a unit.
Data entry large amount of instructions on all the systems required to process each instruction on the FEDS time frame.
Balancing the transactions at the end of day
Pros
launge and cafetiria
WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR
CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Watertown, CTFebruary 22, 2014
This is the kind of company when you get in you don't leave because the benefits are so great. Had I not lost my job to being sold, I would still be there myself. I only had to work Mon, Thurs, and Fri and yet still received full-time benefits, stock options, full time medical/dental, 4 weeks vacation, 4 weeks sick leave, and the list just keeps going. All of this was granted in my first year, think of what I would have made had the years gone on.
Pros
everything
Cons
it's a bank you get sold at the drop of a hat
Working for one goal
Data Entry/Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2015
A typical day would be to perform audits of account receivables/payables. Processed debit/credit to client accounts, review account errors on banks micro-films then send to Adjustment department for correction. I learned to work as a team for a single goal. I enjoyed working with the both the staff and management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working to decrease the banks rejected checks and accomplishing that goal.
Pros
On the job training
Cons
Face pace processing position. Downtown location
Operations Coordinator/Head Processor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYSeptember 12, 2012
I help process home equity line of credit loans. This range from $10000 to $10 million. This is a face pace and attention to detail needs to be very accurate.

I learned the value of homes and how to read credit. I learned how to appraise property and items.

Hardest part is the data entry and acknoledgment of state laws.
Pros
great team environment. good team work
Cons
laid off, division was relocated to another state
Professional-Education Driven-Good Team Spirit
Inbound Calls/Correspondent Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 15, 2012
I was employed with Chase Manhatten Bank for 20 years total. I was employed with Chase Manhatten Bank 1987-1997. The merge with JP Morgan took place 1997, therefore I was employed with Chase until 2008. My customer service experience involved a wide range of skills. Chase Manhattan Bank provided an excellent training package and good benefits.
Pros
tuition reinbursement-team work
Cons
lay offs
Very Fast Paced Work Place
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYMarch 31, 2013
Office Is Busy Upon Arriving And Leaving. The Position Is Very Stressful & Requires Patience And Concentration. The Fun Part Of The Job Is Working With The Other Employees, In Such A Busy Environment. The Plus Was The Pay Was Excellent The Benefits Were Great, And The Commissions Were Fantastic. The Management Was Very Uncaring And Cold.
Pros
great salary and benefits
Cons
very stressful work environment
Great group of people, fun family like atsompshere
DATA ENTRY/LOCKBOX DIVISION (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYOctober 6, 2013
interesting to know that all taxes from Rochester to Albany school & county were process here along with SU season tickets and city of Syracuse water bills. Once, everything was process the runners(drivers) would take the monies to the different counties that were process.
Pros
croup of staff that made it easy
Cons
had to stay until everything that came in that day was processed.
This was a very productive place to work
Customer Account Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2012
Throughout the day I would work closely with the supervisor due to the nature of my job functions. Upper management would have to be consulted also. I do not have any clear recollection of the hardest part of the job. The best part was that I was able resolve problems quickly. I learned good commuication skills.
Pros
good communication with management.
Cons
the reviews were not frequent
Great place to work, location and all
Lead Teller and Assistant Manager Trainee (Former Employee) –  Manhasset, NYJuly 9, 2014
Great location in Manhasset. All the customers were great we were all like one big family. Started as a Teller and was able to work my way up to Assistant Manager. Great benefits. Paid for my college classes. Loved that job and all who worked at the branch and the customers.
Pros
friendly atmosphere, great location, promotions
Cons
no security windows however, we did not need it.

4.2