This position’s essential duties and responsibilities
- Maintain compliance with the Company’s policies, procedures and methodologies for product quality and solution validation.
- Perform quality analysis to ensure product integrity and quality customer deliverables. Work with developers to validate testing requirements and identify, prioritize and resolve software defects. Work with customers to ensure user acceptance of software deliverables.
- Interface and interact with project managers and software engineers, and other quality assurance teams globally, ensures the successful execution and completion of testing for products, systems, processes and/or files.
- Develops and executes formal test plans to ensure the delivery of quality software applications. Participates in test planning, writing test cases/scripts, test case automation and test execution. Testing may include application, network, system, regression and user acceptance testing.
- Responsible for both manual and automated solution validation as required by the assigned project or task. Develop tools in Java/C# or scripts to assist testing as required.
- Effectively apply critical thinking and troubleshooting skills to efficiently identify the cause and effect of software and/or hardware related issues.
- Performs additional job duties as required.
This position will report to the Software Development Manager.
2+ years of experience in software test engineering/product validation. Complete understanding of the SDLC and STLC
Experience with test automation, knowledge with testing tools - LoadRunner, Rational Quality manager etc
Familiarity with network packet analysis tools, such as Wireshark, familiarity with XML and XML schemas as a data transport and storage mechanism
Knowledge of software defect tracking tools, such as Bugzilla, Jira, or ClearQuest. Knowledge of software source code control tools, such as CVS, SVN, BITBUCKET, or GITHUB.
Able to actively participate in process optimization activities and test tools establishment. Identifies processes to become subject of automation and optimization and proposes approach of their implementation with test tools
Ability to program in Java/C# or scripts in Perl/HTML
Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills. Excellent writing and documentation skills.
Bachelors degree or equivalent with 2+ years IT testing or technical experience.
Background in hospitality industry, computer software development and experience working with POS/PMS systems preferred.
Experience in payment industry a plus