Chassix Employee Reviews

Typical job if you just need a job
Level 2 Inspector/Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 15, 2016
Not the best place to work because of the work environment. The working conditions are horrible, not enough air in the summer to help keep you cool in a building that gets up to 110 degrees and no heat in the winter We had to fight over fans and used hot iron to keep warm in the winter months. They removed the heaters after the area caught fire on their negligence, they didn't care to return heaters to make sure that their employees were warm.
Laid back enviroment and easy to learn functions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Chassix except that I had a hard time getting paid. My checks would be short or they would not be there at all sometimes. The work environment was pretty laid back and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There was short notice mandatory over time, which made it to where I could not make plans.
Best job I've ever had
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Montague, MINovember 5, 2016
I work 3rd shift in the Machining center. Third is always tough but I really enjoy my job as a machine operator. The work is fairly straightforward, yet I feel a sense of importance at work. I matter. Without me doing my job everyone would be affected. I have learned a lot and plan on expanding my knowledge and training even further. Management are very supportive and want to help you and will work with you. My favorite part of the job is the sense of pride and importance I get from the work. The biggest challenge so far has been leaving my comfort zone, as i have no prior factory experience, and of course getting used to third shift. Overall, it's the best job I've ever had and dont plan on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Great company culture, safe work environment, plenty of break time, free coffee
Cons
Can be frustrating depending on how the machines are running
Good pay with bad hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 27, 2016
After losing the Ford contract, Chassix has gone downhill. A lot of people have lost their jobs....and continue to do so. The way that this business is ran, the doors will be closing soon. It's going to be a sad day for all that still work there.
Pros
Insurance benefits are great
Cons
Ten hour shifts, employees still getting laid off
Horrible job to be employed
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 2, 2016
Upper management is horrible to work for they are racist don't know how to run a company. You gt treated like a slave in this place there raises are horrible. You get on break in a 8 hrs period you can't leave the premises to even go get you something to eat just horrible all around
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Everything horrible job
Good job no advanced placement available
Assistant line leader/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MI 48060November 2, 2016
With my work ethic along with skill set and open opportunity job advancement should have been a next step but this company chooses people they are closer to and seniority has no effects ether.
Pros
Fast pace jobs
Cons
No advancement
Closed down
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 28, 2016
This place was so bad that they closed their doors because they never took care of the employees that tried at that place. The shipping office was so bad that over half the truck drivers refused to come back during the day shift hours.
Pros
you could make good money
Cons
You never get a day off and no life ever.
Nice people for the most part and room for advancement
Line/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 20, 2016
Worked there for years and worked my way up the ladder to lead man/supervisor. Good learning experience all around. Good benefits, decent pay.
Pros
Good affordable benefits
Cons
Higher managment focused to much on what would save a dollar
Okay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIOctober 29, 2016
Behind-the-times casting facility just getting into the swing of lean manufacturing, 5S principals, and safety. This facility is definitely in it's infancy regarding to these principals. Not a very good benefits package, 401K is a joke.
Pros
gym
benefits
A blatantly inhumane company. If you're thinking of working here, punch yourself in the face.
Aluminum Caster (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIJune 28, 2016
Look past this one. You'll be so glad you did.

This company will work you like a slave, squeeze every drop of energy out of you that you come home totally and utterly exhausted and fatigued that you can't do anything but eat/ sleep while paying you as little as possible and treating you like a dog.
Cons
Working fast as machines all day/ like slave labor, breaks in production for weeks when you're not getting paid for weeks, extremely hot in summer/ snow & icy indoors in winter, very short time-watch timed breaks, hardly ever overtime, no respect for employees or senority from management, HR never follows through esp. with insurance, ugly place to work
poor management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2016
no training, no accountability, Management and HR sleeping together, short breaks under watchful eye. if you are related to someone higher up you get a good sallery position, and are untouchable. the pay is the only decent aspect of the job. management needs some seriouse house keeping.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
poor management
productive and good place to work at.
Foundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MIOctober 6, 2016
The job is productive and everyone gets along with each other. I learned to be more responsible and set better examples for myself and others.
Pros
the company give you production bonuses and employee dinners
Cons
short breaks
Good in the winter months
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my short time at Chassix. Sadly I had to leave due to transportation issues, I lived over an hour away from the job. If only they where able to compensate for the commute I probably could have stayed.
Fun and friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Chassix had it's ups and downs. I learned how to work at a fast constant pace ,and to keep a hourly count on good and bad parts. The management could've been better. The co-workers became family. The hardest part about the job was not having a day off to relax. The most enjoyable part about the job was the money.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and gift cards
Cons
no days off
Good pay, lots of hours, but bad work enviroment
Caster (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2016
A typical day at chassix included running machines such as: core cracker, twist master, trim press, robot saws, etc. Also we used various power tools such as: dremel/grinder, drill, air powered chisel and son on. I learned a lot about factory work at chassix, but we always had to keep a really fast pace going because GM really needed parts from us all the time. We ran our operation 24/7. 7 days a week. At one point I worked 51 days of 8 hours shifts with no day off. The pay at Chassix was good but the bosses always demanded a lot out of us and never really gave us a day off.
The Bristol plant was struggling when I started there
MP & L Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INOctober 17, 2016
Although we were able to turn around the production issues that were causing customer issues, the customers have pulled a lot of business out of the plant resulting in major lay offs.
Safe work place with good people
Die Cast Operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIAugust 10, 2016
I'm use to 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week, in a warm environment. I take safety very serious in the work place. I like to stay active and make the time go by at work. I get alone with all my co workers, I am and very easy to get alone with. I like helping others and working as a team.
My job was fun I really enjoy being a machine operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 12, 2016
I love being a machine operator I love to work with my hands. I'm looking to seek and entry level position that I can learn from. That will help me learn additional skills. I'm a good worker but a better listener
Enjoyed working here very much.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIDecember 19, 2016
Management was good, friendly people to work with, paid 30 minute lunch, work was hard but tolerable, lots of overtime and double tie on sundays. Overall great place to work!
training is good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INOctober 13, 2016
the leaders don't want anything brought back to them so they make sure you know your job I was training cnc and calibrating the machines
Pros
unlimited hours when job is good
Cons
after i quit they stopped overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chassix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9