Chassix Employee Reviews in United States

Fun and friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Chassix had it's ups and downs. I learned how to work at a fast constant pace ,and to keep a hourly count on good and bad parts. The management could've been better. The co-workers became family. The hardest part about the job was not having a day off to relax. The most enjoyable part about the job was the money.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and gift cards
Cons
no days off
A blatantly inhumane company. If you're thinking of working here, punch yourself in the face.
Aluminum Caster (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIJune 28, 2016
Look past this one. You'll be so glad you did.

This company will work you like a slave, squeeze every drop of energy out of you that you come home totally and utterly exhausted and fatigued that you can't do anything but eat/ sleep while paying you as little as possible and treating you like a dog.
Cons
Working fast as machines all day/ like slave labor, breaks in production for weeks when you're not getting paid for weeks, extremely hot in summer/ snow & icy indoors in winter, very short time-watch timed breaks, hardly ever overtime, no respect for employees or senority from management, HR never follows through esp. with insurance, ugly place to work
Good pay, lots of hours, but bad work enviroment
Caster (Former Employee) –  MichiganJune 16, 2016
A typical day at chassix included running machines such as: core cracker, twist master, trim press, robot saws, etc. Also we used various power tools such as: dremel/grinder, drill, air powered chisel and son on. I learned a lot about factory work at chassix, but we always had to keep a really fast pace going because GM really needed parts from us all the time. We ran our operation 24/7. 7 days a week. At one point I worked 51 days of 8 hours shifts with no day off. The pay at Chassix was good but the bosses always demanded a lot out of us and never really gave us a day off.
Productive workplace
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIJune 7, 2016
Working at Chassix was productive. I got to use the skills that I acquired over the years. I helped to maintain production machines.
Horrible Job
Grinder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 5, 2016
horrible working conditions. Extreme heat, dust, and metal in the air. Easily can acquire respiratory infections or get something in your eyes. Environment may even irritate your skin.
Pros
Non
Cons
Short Breaks, harsh working conditions
My review of chassix
Lead Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 2, 2016
Chassix is a good place to work. excellent benefits. Long Hours.

I can say I learned a lot from this company.
Typical day ensuring quality was to customer satisfaction.
Management was good to work with.
My coworkers were good hard working employees.
The hardest part was ensuring everything ran accordingly
The most enjoyable was the different employees I had a chance to meet.
This job was very confusing and hectic.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at Chassix was confusing and repetitive and overall I learned nothing. The co-workers are not team players. The most enjoyable part of this job was working for production. Working on weekend by yourself try to do a job it take three man to do'
Pros
no team work
Cons
Poor Management
Lack of support for employees
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 23, 2016
Management tries to micro-manage from their air conditioned/heated office while the employees are work in this extremely hot/cold warehouse.
They refuse to improve the work environment for the employees but expect the employees to maintain maximum production.
Cons
Short breaks, inhumane working conditions based on the different season
Mold Pm (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 22, 2016
Great place to work and have learned many skills in the years I worked there. There is room to advance if you want to. The insurance is good but has started to get more expensive as time goes on just like any other company.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Great compensation, but job security is day to day.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INMay 16, 2016
Dangerous work that is well compensated, but equipment is dated and job security is lacking. The loss of major contracts has caused them to make serious staffing cuts.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Lack of job security, micro-management
A good place to learn new skills
X-ray Tech (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 13, 2016
A good place to learn NEW SKILLS and elevate your goals and achieve them. great people to work with and the being there teaches you the importance of being professional and accurate with the work you are doing
Pros
benifits are good
Cons
inside is very hot
Horrible place to work, just read the bankruptcy filings
Senior Materials Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMay 11, 2016
Bankruptcy, downsizing, middle of no where employer. Long hours, machines breaking, 3rd party customers in house to baby sit. 12 hour days, 7 days a week. OMG....run.
Pros
Cons
Longest hours, and unfriendly people
Busy Productive atmosphere
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 20, 2016
Very Productive and busy atmosphere. Job requires a great deal of motivation. Must be able to work well individually and in a team environment with good communication skills both written and oral.
busy work enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 19, 2016
A lot of busy work, over all clean, fast paced with a lot of machines to learn, good place to work at with some room for advancement. Hot summers and mild cooler seasons.
Productive professional workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron MIApril 12, 2016
Great environment, Very big on safety, great people, training for my job was excellent, if you needed help it wasnt hard to get it, everybody worked with one another
Pros
quality lunch room great environment
Cons
short breaks
chassix, Inc
Corporate Director of Quality and CI (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2016
The industry's largest single integrated Tier1 resource for high-Quality precision Aluminum and ductile iron casting and machining solutions, with manufacturing capabilities in every key region of the world
Physically demanding job and schedule
Machine Operator/Production (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2016
On a typical day I was required to obtain daily paperwork to document hours, production, and overall condition of work station before and after shift change. Co-workers were very helpful and accommodating. The Line Leader was easy to locate on most days and helped maintain consistent operating order of CNC machine. Machine lines "broke down" regularly and had to be repaired continually. If there was no work available, I would either be assigned to a different job/machine or do some deep cleaning until my machine was operating again. Hilo support was adequate when available. I learned how to keep my machine running consistently without assistance/supervision. I learned how to document hours/production, and how to run all machines/processes excluding robotics machine. HR Department needs some improvement. In order to improve accountability; we were asked to initial all work and provide documentation of all non-conformance issues.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Lots of overtime available. Everyone was very friendly.
Cons
Can not leave premises including lunch time. Job requires continuous heavy lifting.
They took care of the people that worked fro them
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2016
This was a cool company to work for.The work was not hard, their is a lot of standing.The break are 10 minutes with a 30 minutes lunch break.
Pros
training was easy and fun
Cons
they didn't give any slack on bring late
good pay
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 26, 2016
eight to four
I learned how to run different cnc machines and presses.
I also learned quality on certain parts and tools.
Productive workplace
Xray operator. Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMarch 22, 2016
working at chassix is a challenge at first for the simple fact we make safety critical car parts so there was no room for mistakes but once you get the hang of things then your good. working at chassix has taught me a lot of things such as time management getting this done in a timely manner because its a faced paced job. ive always been a people person so working with my co workers was never a issue.