Chassix Employee Reviews

Best job I've ever had
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Montague, MINovember 5, 2016
I work 3rd shift in the Machining center. Third is always tough but I really enjoy my job as a machine operator. The work is fairly straightforward, yet I feel a sense of importance at work. I matter. Without me doing my job everyone would be affected. I have learned a lot and plan on expanding my knowledge and training even further. Management are very supportive and want to help you and will work with you. My favorite part of the job is the sense of pride and importance I get from the work. The biggest challenge so far has been leaving my comfort zone, as i have no prior factory experience, and of course getting used to third shift. Overall, it's the best job I've ever had and dont plan on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Great company culture, safe work environment, plenty of break time, free coffee
Cons
Can be frustrating depending on how the machines are running
Horrible job to be employed
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 2, 2016
Upper management is horrible to work for they are racist don't know how to run a company. You gt treated like a slave in this place there raises are horrible. You get on break in a 8 hrs period you can't leave the premises to even go get you something to eat just horrible all around
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Everything horrible job
My review of chassix
Lead Quality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 2, 2016
Chassix is a good place to work. excellent benefits. Long Hours.

I can say I learned a lot from this company.
Typical day ensuring quality was to customer satisfaction.
Management was good to work with.
My coworkers were good hard working employees.
The hardest part was ensuring everything ran accordingly
The most enjoyable was the different employees I had a chance to meet.
Great compensation, but job security is day to day.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INMay 16, 2016
Dangerous work that is well compensated, but equipment is dated and job security is lacking. The loss of major contracts has caused them to make serious staffing cuts.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Lack of job security, micro-management
Great learning experiance
X-Ray Mechanic / Shipping And Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMarch 15, 2016
Chassix was a great learning experience and taught me many things from procesing shipments to repairing welds to a high voltage x-rays. The environment was harsh and not up to code but if you work hard they paid you generously to forget that. everyone worked like machines nonstop while supervisors walked around or sat in the air cooled offices,this was discouraging but its just a job so i tried not to pay much attention to them. The most challenging part of the job was diagnosing a problem with an x-ray since there is literally thousands of things that could go wrong, and the most enjoyable part is fixing one and knowing you did that with your knowledge.
Pros
Decent Wages, Vast Knowledge
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Treatment of workers
production
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 12, 2016
The work environment is ok but more work hours are needed to substance my life style and family needs also job security. My co worker are helpful and friendly
benefits
Cons
Dirty enviroment
A blatantly inhumane company. If you're thinking of working here, punch yourself in the face.
Aluminum Caster (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIJune 28, 2016
Look past this one. You'll be so glad you did.

This company will work you like a slave, squeeze every drop of energy out of you that you come home totally and utterly exhausted and fatigued that you can't do anything but eat/ sleep while paying you as little as possible and treating you like a dog.
Cons
Working fast as machines all day/ like slave labor, breaks in production for weeks when you're not getting paid for weeks, extremely hot in summer/ snow & icy indoors in winter, very short time-watch timed breaks, hardly ever overtime, no respect for employees or senority from management, HR never follows through esp. with insurance, ugly place to work
Good pay with bad hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 27, 2016
After losing the Ford contract, Chassix has gone downhill. A lot of people have lost their jobs....and continue to do so. The way that this business is ran, the doors will be closing soon. It's going to be a sad day for all that still work there.
Pros
Insurance benefits are great
Cons
Ten hour shifts, employees still getting laid off
Good job no advanced placement available
Assistant line leader/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MI 48060November 2, 2016
With my work ethic along with skill set and open opportunity job advancement should have been a next step but this company chooses people they are closer to and seniority has no effects ether.
Pros
Fast pace jobs
Cons
No advancement
Nice people for the most part and room for advancement
Line/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 20, 2016
Worked there for years and worked my way up the ladder to lead man/supervisor. Good learning experience all around. Good benefits, decent pay.
Pros
Good affordable benefits
Cons
Higher managment focused to much on what would save a dollar
Okay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIOctober 29, 2016
Behind-the-times casting facility just getting into the swing of lean manufacturing, 5S principals, and safety. This facility is definitely in it's infancy regarding to these principals. Not a very good benefits package, 401K is a joke.
Pros
gym
benefits
poor management
Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 10, 2016
no training, no accountability, Management and HR sleeping together, short breaks under watchful eye. if you are related to someone higher up you get a good sallery position, and are untouchable. the pay is the only decent aspect of the job. management needs some seriouse house keeping.
Pros
pay is good
Cons
poor management
Fun and friendly work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Chassix had it's ups and downs. I learned how to work at a fast constant pace ,and to keep a hourly count on good and bad parts. The management could've been better. The co-workers became family. The hardest part about the job was not having a day off to relax. The most enjoyable part about the job was the money.
Pros
Free lunch sometimes and gift cards
Cons
no days off
Poor work enviroment
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 15, 2016
Your pay is screwd up weekly the management sucks they tell you nothing and what they do tell is lies and they dont report accidents to osha and try to keep you from seeking medical treatment from anywhere but their quacks
Plesant place to work
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIAugust 14, 2016
Overall great place to work, however, I experienced several issues regarding my benefits and favoritism from line leaders. Was laid off due to line being shut down.
This job was very confusing and hectic.
Industrial Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 25, 2016
A typical day at Chassix was confusing and repetitive and overall I learned nothing. The co-workers are not team players. The most enjoyable part of this job was working for production. Working on weekend by yourself try to do a job it take three man to do'
Pros
no team work
Cons
Poor Management
Lack of support for employees
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 23, 2016
Management tries to micro-manage from their air conditioned/heated office while the employees are work in this extremely hot/cold warehouse.
They refuse to improve the work environment for the employees but expect the employees to maintain maximum production.
Cons
Short breaks, inhumane working conditions based on the different season
Clean and safe
Grinder and Inspector (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INJuly 7, 2016
The days are typical for any manufacturing company. Different things to learn and do each day.

Co-workers are pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the day is extended work hours.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Laid back enviroment and easy to learn functions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Chassix except that I had a hard time getting paid. My checks would be short or they would not be there at all sometimes. The work environment was pretty laid back and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There was short notice mandatory over time, which made it to where I could not make plans.
My job was fun I really enjoy being a machine operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 12, 2016
I love being a machine operator I love to work with my hands. I'm looking to seek and entry level position that I can learn from. That will help me learn additional skills. I'm a good worker but a better listener

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chassix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9