CHASSIX Employee Reviews in United States

Busy Productive atmosphere
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 20, 2016
Very Productive and busy atmosphere. Job requires a great deal of motivation. Must be able to work well individually and in a team environment with good communication skills both written and oral.
busy work enviroment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIApril 19, 2016
A lot of busy work, over all clean, fast paced with a lot of machines to learn, good place to work at with some room for advancement. Hot summers and mild cooler seasons.
Productive professional workplace
Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron MIApril 12, 2016
Great environment, Very big on safety, great people, training for my job was excellent, if you needed help it wasnt hard to get it, everybody worked with one another
Pros
quality lunch room great environment
Cons
short breaks
chassix, Inc
Corporate Director of Quality and CI (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2016
The industry's largest single integrated Tier1 resource for high-Quality precision Aluminum and ductile iron casting and machining solutions, with manufacturing capabilities in every key region of the world
Physically demanding job and schedule
Machine Operator/Production (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIApril 7, 2016
On a typical day I was required to obtain daily paperwork to document hours, production, and overall condition of work station before and after shift change. Co-workers were very helpful and accommodating. The Line Leader was easy to locate on most days and helped maintain consistent operating order of CNC machine. Machine lines "broke down" regularly and had to be repaired continually. If there was no work available, I would either be assigned to a different job/machine or do some deep cleaning until my machine was operating again. Hilo support was adequate when available. I learned how to keep my machine running consistently without assistance/supervision. I learned how to document hours/production, and how to run all machines/processes excluding robotics machine. HR Department needs some improvement. In order to improve accountability; we were asked to initial all work and provide documentation of all non-conformance issues.
Pros
1 hour lunch. Lots of overtime available. Everyone was very friendly.
Cons
Can not leave premises including lunch time. Job requires continuous heavy lifting.
They took care of the people that worked fro them
Parts Inspector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 28, 2016
This was a cool company to work for.The work was not hard, their is a lot of standing.The break are 10 minutes with a 30 minutes lunch break.
Pros
training was easy and fun
Cons
they didn't give any slack on bring late
good pay
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 26, 2016
eight to four
I learned how to run different cnc machines and presses.
I also learned quality on certain parts and tools.
Productive workplace
Xray operator. Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMarch 22, 2016
working at chassix is a challenge at first for the simple fact we make safety critical car parts so there was no room for mistakes but once you get the hang of things then your good. working at chassix has taught me a lot of things such as time management getting this done in a timely manner because its a faced paced job. ive always been a people person so working with my co workers was never a issue.
Great learning experiance
X-Ray Mechanic / Shipping And Receiving (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INMarch 15, 2016
Chassix was a great learning experience and taught me many things from procesing shipments to repairing welds to a high voltage x-rays. The environment was harsh and not up to code but if you work hard they paid you generously to forget that. everyone worked like machines nonstop while supervisors walked around or sat in the air cooled offices,this was discouraging but its just a job so i tried not to pay much attention to them. The most challenging part of the job was diagnosing a problem with an x-ray since there is literally thousands of things that could go wrong, and the most enjoyable part is fixing one and knowing you did that with your knowledge.
Pros
Decent Wages, Vast Knowledge
Cons
Poor Management, Poor Treatment of workers
able to build a foundation to your life
Hilo Driver (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIMarch 10, 2016
just a good place to work and place where one can build stability and good decent quality of life and living within your means
Pros
good employment
Cons
like family
No life outside of work
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INFebruary 11, 2016
Its all about working 7 days a week and as much as they can make you work. I could not have a life due to working all the time, 12 to 14 hours 7 days a week. I was burned out in less than 1 year.
Pros
good money
Cons
no time for anything outside of work
Good manufacturing industries
Machine Operator/Floater for various machines (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIJanuary 29, 2016
Good work environment with great opportunities to advance my rank and pay, and clean environment. Great co-workers with respectable manners and friendly faces.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Good insurance
Nice place to work, and some nice people too
Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MIJanuary 7, 2016
its a nice place to work but its all about putting out good quality parts in good standard time too, I was a furnace loader so I pretty much had to keep the furnace hot and full at all times.
I learned a lot of good knowledge
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INJanuary 4, 2016
A typical day at work is coming in at 4 am and counting every part produced at the company. The management team needs more work on how to deal with co-workers.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
associate production associate
associate (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 28, 2015
nice job showed up everyday, always on time. always did my job the best, always worked overtime, job paid me well. there was no room for a temporary employee such as myself. I dont like temp jobs at all.
Its decent money.
Machine Operator/ FPI line loader (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIDecember 24, 2015
Chassix is unorganized. You work 7 days a week with the occasional day of if your lucky. They are pretty strict on safety and cleanliness.
production really hard work.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INDecember 14, 2015
This was a very challenging job because we had to work 7days a week and almost every holiday. I did not like the overall leadership in this job. the leader was not professionals.
Bankruptcy is just the beginning
N/A (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INDecember 14, 2015
There is no accountability from the operators on the line to the GM of the place. If there was accountability this place may thrive, but until management begins to hold people accountable, and people doing their own jobs instead of having the mentality if this person can't do it, hire another person to assist to do it, and so on.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everyday work relations
jod is exciting to learn
line leader (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIDecember 2, 2015
i love the job very exciting out of the 10yrs i work there i train different employers for different job enjoy my co-worker happy to see them the hardest was people coming in with no experience in management but at the end of the day we meet our goal and new tomorrow we start over that what i love about this job
Pros
people and benifits
Cons
management does not screen quaility people in management
ok place
Foundry operator (Former Employee) –  Stevensville, MINovember 25, 2015
was a ok job I would recommend it to anybody needing work just doesn't offer any high movement in the company you will work a lot of hours an the work can be very hard at times