CHASSIX

CHASSIX Employee Reviews

hot and busy work place
Foundry Worker (Former Employee), Bristol, INJuly 21, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: short breaks
working at chassix was kinda easy, its just it be way to hot in there. some of the shift leardes are funny acting and they try there hardest to get you fired if they dont like you.
Great pay and benefits from the company, overall leadership and company is lacking direction.
Maintenance Tech/Data Entry (Former Employee), Bristol, INJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Pays higher than average for the area
Cons: Uncomfortable work environment, Constantly need to be on guard for theft and hostility
Chassix is great place to work for if you don't mind long hours with decent pay. The company is in the process of getting everything back up to snuff when it comes to safety and security. There were multiple incidents involving fights, harassment, and theft during my employment time there.
fast paced and fun enviornment
X-Ray Technician (Former Employee), montague mi.July 16, 2015
Pros: 30 min lunch, great people to work with
Cons: 7 day work weeks
i started here working on a line by myself, learning 6 machines. as the cell got more people i would train them on the machines and parts. later i was left in charge of the cell by my floor lead and was in charge of delegation of work duties among my peers and other day to day operations of the cell.
Not a great place to work and have a life
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee), Montague MichiganJune 13, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours
Cons: No life
Lots of hours and no life this place worked like you a slave for 13.00 an hour what a waste. I cant believe I actually gave them any time of my youth.
Good
Operator (Former Employee), Montague, MichiganJune 11, 2015
It was a good work environment.There is variety in the training and the machines that one is set to work on. It is hard and laborious work.
work.
CNC Lathe Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, INMay 1, 2015
the work was easy to learn. the training for set-up and lead positions needed to be better. other than that I liked working here.
CNC Machine Operator/ Set-Up Lead/BMW LINE
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, INApril 28, 2015
Pros: Pay, Hrs, Healthcare
Cons: I honestly had none
A typical day would be clocking in and then heading to our department and waiting for the lead to give us our instructions. Afterwards depending on what your doing you'll be starting out on a specific set of machines. I learned that paying attention to detail visually and following directions is a big thing there only because of the dangers that comes from doing the opposite. I loved my supervisor and made the environment very comfortable, and my co-workers were just the same. Everyone had a job to do and it was done. No problems or anything of the sort. I'd say the hardest part of the job is getting your team use to you and your way of direction. After that, it wasn't so hard anymore and everyone had a clear level of understanding once communication was established. The most enjoyable part for me was the responsibility. The since of making a difference and being able to become someone important from the bottom, but really the best part was being able to work 7 days a week 12 hr shifts and still get double time every Sunday!!!
Typical day at work
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Bristol, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Great benefits/pay
Cons: short breaks
Great place to work. The people that you work with are great, the pay was excellent, the benefits were amazing, the only thing that I didn't like about it was the short breaks that you get. Overall I was an excellent place to work and the pay was great
Production Member (Former Employee), Montague, MIApril 13, 2015
everyday was a good day at chassix i love the job but i always came home from work dirty. But thats apart of bein a good hard worker
Extremely long work week! No days off.
CNC Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, INApril 6, 2015
Operate machines properly. Follow safety &quality regulations.Worked at a fast pace, but still maintain a quality part. Clean area and machines. Help others as needed .
Productive working seven days a week.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Great Pay
Cons: Seven days a week
Chassix is a good place to work. I enjoyed the job I performed while I was there. I learned a great deal about the machine that I operated and in a very short time I was able to trouble shoot my machine and didn't require maintenance as I had had to when I started. I really liked all the people I worked with as well as my supervisors. The hardest part of my job was having to be there seven days a week without ever having a day off. The money was great but I NEVER seen my kids. The most enjoyable part of my job was learning to run all the different machines.
I enjoyed this place
Data Entry (Temp) (Former Employee), Bristol, INMarch 18, 2015
Pros: they people and learning experience
Cons: the management not knowing what they wanted
I worked at this company twice, both temp positions.
I loved the data entry position, I walked about 4-5 miles a day collecting data off the floor and I would return to my computer once an hour to enter the data. Then my position switched to less walking and more pushing of a broom. That position wasn't too bad either and I still entered data just not as much.
I learned data entry skills, I learned a lot about how an aluminum car part factory is ran and I also learned about all different car parts for different makes and models.
The management was confusing, things were always changing from day to day on how they wanted our data to be entered.
My co-workers were great, mostly men and they worked many hours but they were all very nice and they enjoyed seeing the data entry people everyday. They had a genuine care for us and enjoyed our company even if it was only for a couple minutes every hour.
The hardest part of my job would've been the walking amount after I got pregnant. It was so much walking I ended up becoming dehydrated and had to be put in the hospital for a few hours.
The most enjoyable part of my job was working with such great people. I really enjoyed learning as much as I did about the car parts and all the different companies they made parts for.
would be very happy to work there again
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Goshen, INMarch 13, 2015
Pros: great break room
Cons: long breaks
I loved this job ,I love getting up at 5 am every morning, my co workers love working with me I make everyone smile and make their day.
Was a good company when it was SMW
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIMarch 11, 2015
Pros: insurance
Cons: management
Running machine and inspecting parts. No chance of moving up. To far for me to travel in winter months. Did not appreciate the hard workers they had.
Nice Employment
Production/Foundary (Former Employee), Bristol, INMarch 2, 2015
I truly enjoyed my time working for them! I worked in the foundary with a team of very good guys who enjoyed there work! Management was kind of rude but by the book!
Failing Company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Bristol, INFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: mediocre benefits, low wages, long hours, low morale, running by the skin of it's teeth.
This company is about the bottom line only. No regard for employees salary or hourly. Poor upper management driven by faulty corporate and investor strategies. This company is being driven into the ground rapidly. Morale is low, wages are low, employees required to work 7 days a week. They need a strong union to step in. Mediocre benefits.
not a good place to be employed
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Port Huron, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: not bad work hours (8-4)
Cons: to many to explain
Not a place you would work if you wanted a stable work environment.
The hours are not that bad, but the management is atrocious at best.
Human Resources Generalist for whole pant
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Benton Harbor, MIFebruary 8, 2015
• Originates and lead the Human Resources practices and objectives that provided an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards.
• Processing weekly payroll using ADP as well as main sources for providing benefits for employees.
• Worked with the Quality Manager to implement services and policies for a new training procedure for the foundry to process and use.
• Managed all the recruiting and staffing logistics for the plant to ensure proper staffing through employee orientation, development and training.
• Focal point for employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
fair
Mold Setup Technician (Former Employee), Stevensville, MIJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: good insurance, as much overtime available
Cons: very demanding didn't get many lunches or recognition
very demanding physically and mentally.how to r and r molds in and out of large casting machines how to repair and maintain the molds and machines.great in some areas worse in others.great to work with the ones that worked. not getting what was promised to me as an employee. working under the greatest toolroom supervisor i could ever know.
good work worth the pay you recieve
Chassix - Foundry Operator (Former Employee), Bristol, INJanuary 17, 2015
Chassix provided a good place to make money. It was 7 days a week so I would have reliable transportation. Drive took an hour there and an hour back.

CHASSIX Salaries