Chassix Employee Reviews

old style typical factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 10, 2017
old style typical factory, makes large frame pieces for autos. loud but fairly clean. your body will be sore the first 2 weeks
Enjoyed working here very much.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIDecember 19, 2016
Management was good, friendly people to work with, paid 30 minute lunch, work was hard but tolerable, lots of overtime and double tie on sundays. Overall great place to work!
Typical job if you just need a job
Level 2 Inspector/Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 15, 2016
Not the best place to work because of the work environment. The working conditions are horrible, not enough air in the summer to help keep you cool in a building that gets up to 110 degrees and no heat in the winter We had to fight over fans and used hot iron to keep warm in the winter months. They removed the heaters after the area caught fire on their negligence, they didn't care to return heaters to make sure that their employees were warm.
Laid back enviroment and easy to learn functions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Chassix except that I had a hard time getting paid. My checks would be short or they would not be there at all sometimes. The work environment was pretty laid back and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There was short notice mandatory over time, which made it to where I could not make plans.
Good pay with bad hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 27, 2016
After losing the Ford contract, Chassix has gone downhill. A lot of people have lost their jobs....and continue to do so. The way that this business is ran, the doors will be closing soon. It's going to be a sad day for all that still work there.
Pros
Insurance benefits are great
Cons
Ten hour shifts, employees still getting laid off
A typical day at work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 14, 2016
Making quality alert, telling supervisor, line leader and operators what to do and where to look. Working on the root cause.
terrible
Mold Coat Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 14, 2016
Worst place ever to work
lots of favoritism and discrimination
overtime too much
pay too low
bomb threats at work
Drama created by many workers on certain production lines
Good in the winter months
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my short time at Chassix. Sadly I had to leave due to transportation issues, I lived over an hour away from the job. If only they where able to compensate for the commute I probably could have stayed.
Best job I've ever had
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Montague, MINovember 5, 2016
I work 3rd shift in the Machining center. Third is always tough but I really enjoy my job as a machine operator. The work is fairly straightforward, yet I feel a sense of importance at work. I matter. Without me doing my job everyone would be affected. I have learned a lot and plan on expanding my knowledge and training even further. Management are very supportive and want to help you and will work with you. My favorite part of the job is the sense of pride and importance I get from the work. The biggest challenge so far has been leaving my comfort zone, as i have no prior factory experience, and of course getting used to third shift. Overall, it's the best job I've ever had and dont plan on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Great company culture, safe work environment, plenty of break time, free coffee
Cons
Can be frustrating depending on how the machines are running
Good job no advanced placement available
Assistant line leader/ Assembler (Current Employee) –  Port Huron, MI 48060November 2, 2016
With my work ethic along with skill set and open opportunity job advancement should have been a next step but this company chooses people they are closer to and seniority has no effects ether.
Pros
Fast pace jobs
Cons
No advancement
Worked to change a production, quality culture
Foundry Plant Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INOctober 31, 2016
Good people with weak leadership, caused quality and productivity problems. Great area to live, good for family, and easy access to needs.
Okay
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montague, MIOctober 29, 2016
Behind-the-times casting facility just getting into the swing of lean manufacturing, 5S principals, and safety. This facility is definitely in it's infancy regarding to these principals. Not a very good benefits package, 401K is a joke.
Pros
gym
benefits
The Bristol plant was struggling when I started there
MP & L Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INOctober 17, 2016
Although we were able to turn around the production issues that were causing customer issues, the customers have pulled a lot of business out of the plant resulting in major lay offs.
training is good
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INOctober 13, 2016
the leaders don't want anything brought back to them so they make sure you know your job I was training cnc and calibrating the machines
Pros
unlimited hours when job is good
Cons
after i quit they stopped overtime
productive and good place to work at.
Foundry Worker (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MIOctober 6, 2016
The job is productive and everyone gets along with each other. I learned to be more responsible and set better examples for myself and others.
Pros
the company give you production bonuses and employee dinners
Cons
short breaks
Closed down
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 28, 2016
This place was so bad that they closed their doors because they never took care of the employees that tried at that place. The shipping office was so bad that over half the truck drivers refused to come back during the day shift hours.
Pros
you could make good money
Cons
You never get a day off and no life ever.
Nice people for the most part and room for advancement
Line/Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 20, 2016
Worked there for years and worked my way up the ladder to lead man/supervisor. Good learning experience all around. Good benefits, decent pay.
Pros
Good affordable benefits
Cons
Higher managment focused to much on what would save a dollar
Poor work enviroment
Leadman (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INSeptember 15, 2016
Your pay is screwd up weekly the management sucks they tell you nothing and what they do tell is lies and they dont report accidents to osha and try to keep you from seeking medical treatment from anywhere but their quacks
My job was fun I really enjoy being a machine operator
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 12, 2016
I love being a machine operator I love to work with my hands. I'm looking to seek and entry level position that I can learn from. That will help me learn additional skills. I'm a good worker but a better listener
Horrible job to be employed
CNC Operator/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 2, 2016
Upper management is horrible to work for they are racist don't know how to run a company. You gt treated like a slave in this place there raises are horrible. You get on break in a 8 hrs period you can't leave the premises to even go get you something to eat just horrible all around
Pros
You get paid weekly
Cons
Everything horrible job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chassix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9