Chassix Employee Reviews

Xray Team Leader
CMM/Quality Inspector,Xray Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INFebruary 24, 2017
I worked there for 8 years..got laid off twice but longer this time,still want to go back work with them once they pick up job again.
company is a great place to work for, exellent benefits
Controls Technician (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INFebruary 24, 2017
a had a great experience working for chassix in the Bristol facility, great coworkers and the benefits that they offer to their employees are top of the line
A lot of internal drama
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INFebruary 16, 2017
The workers were very unprofessional and lazy. Alot of pressure fell on those of us who actually put in work. We worked 7 days a week. Alot of things that shouldn't have been happening were happening.
Pros
The pay was good.
Cons
There were barely days off
It's a good place to work
Quality Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stevensville, MIFebruary 8, 2017
I was there for 11yrs had to take so time off because I got hurt now I can return back they told me I no longer have a position at Chassix
Chassix
x ray tech/ x operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INFebruary 8, 2017
Loved the job. Great opportunities but the company sold to Mexico and layed off three quarters of their employees. If u don't mind working with a very highly violent surrounding. Because the last time I worked there, they constantly had bomb scares and fights in the building. Drug deals outside. It was not the company's fault however. It's the people they chose to give a chance to.
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Jobs aren't there no more
Lack in training
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIFebruary 7, 2017
They lack in the training department in the machining side. In certain departments the training is very well but some people do not take the needed time to train each employee like they should.
Pros
fast paced work
Cons
mandatory weekends all year
was agreat place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 1, 2017
unload trucks, make sure machines had the proper boxes and right cores for the lines that was running, it was a hot and cold place to work sometimes very dusty
Pros
great people
Cons
early shifts
productive and fun
Machine Operator/inspector/shipping/binder (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 30, 2017
is great place to work. I've learn a lot working there. the pay is also great. They also have great team leader. they train you in different departments make sure you master the task before you move on to the next job. they took care of me when i got sick. kept there word and put back on day shift when i return to work from medical leave. they are a great company. when i needed to pick up hour to pay bill. they put on the list.. Just a great company..
Pros
learning so much
Cons
7 days 12hours
Very busy in my field never bored
Purchasing Agent/Buyer/AccountsPayable (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INJanuary 27, 2017
I am fortunate to have a busy and rewarding position with Chassix. People very friendly and positive, and rewarding. Sometimes
challenging with three job titles.
Pros
Fiendly
Cons
n/a
Decent place to work
Salaried (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJanuary 26, 2017
Most of the Shelbyville plant manufacturing is automated with robotics, so most of the direct labor is relatively unskilled. Operator training is minimal, their advancement is based on attendance and attitude, not necessarily skill.
A lot is asked of the salaried people, and the management is pretty quick to toss their team under the bus. Most of the corporate people do not speak English as a first language, communication is sometimes difficult, and their expectations are not always clear.

Do your research on the history of Chassix before relocating.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, a few of the supervisors are great people.
Cons
Seven day work weeks, repeat customer rejections, high hourly turnover rate
Good experience
X-Ray Technician (Current Employee) –  Benton Harbor, MIJanuary 19, 2017
While working at chassix I've learned alot about robot technology, program engineering and even experience becoming a lead. This job helped me learned a little bit more about robot operations and improving basic and advanced computer software through VJ technologies.
The hardest part of the job involves adjusting the robot pin points because they have to be dead on, and also designing a view angle on the in-sight camera program that's inside the x-ray.
The best part of the job was when they sent the 2 head engineers, the lead on 1st shift and myself to New York City for advanced x-ray training.
Pros
Being able to get deeper into robotics and programming
Cons
Working with people that doesn't want to learn and advance
old style typical factory
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MIJanuary 10, 2017
old style typical factory, makes large frame pieces for autos. loud but fairly clean. your body will be sore the first 2 weeks
Enjoyed working here very much.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Montague, MIDecember 19, 2016
Management was good, friendly people to work with, paid 30 minute lunch, work was hard but tolerable, lots of overtime and double tie on sundays. Overall great place to work!
Typical job if you just need a job
Level 2 Inspector/Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GADecember 15, 2016
Not the best place to work because of the work environment. The working conditions are horrible, not enough air in the summer to help keep you cool in a building that gets up to 110 degrees and no heat in the winter We had to fight over fans and used hot iron to keep warm in the winter months. They removed the heaters after the area caught fire on their negligence, they didn't care to return heaters to make sure that their employees were warm.
Laid back enviroment and easy to learn functions
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNDecember 7, 2016
I enjoyed working for Chassix except that I had a hard time getting paid. My checks would be short or they would not be there at all sometimes. The work environment was pretty laid back and my co-workers were easy to get along with. There was short notice mandatory over time, which made it to where I could not make plans.
Good pay with bad hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 27, 2016
After losing the Ford contract, Chassix has gone downhill. A lot of people have lost their jobs....and continue to do so. The way that this business is ran, the doors will be closing soon. It's going to be a sad day for all that still work there.
Pros
Insurance benefits are great
Cons
Ten hour shifts, employees still getting laid off
A typical day at work
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Warren, MINovember 14, 2016
Making quality alert, telling supervisor, line leader and operators what to do and where to look. Working on the root cause.
terrible
Mold Coat Prep Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 14, 2016
Worst place ever to work
lots of favoritism and discrimination
overtime too much
pay too low
bomb threats at work
Drama created by many workers on certain production lines
Good in the winter months
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bristol, INNovember 8, 2016
I enjoyed my short time at Chassix. Sadly I had to leave due to transportation issues, I lived over an hour away from the job. If only they where able to compensate for the commute I probably could have stayed.
Best job I've ever had
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Montague, MINovember 5, 2016
I work 3rd shift in the Machining center. Third is always tough but I really enjoy my job as a machine operator. The work is fairly straightforward, yet I feel a sense of importance at work. I matter. Without me doing my job everyone would be affected. I have learned a lot and plan on expanding my knowledge and training even further. Management are very supportive and want to help you and will work with you. My favorite part of the job is the sense of pride and importance I get from the work. The biggest challenge so far has been leaving my comfort zone, as i have no prior factory experience, and of course getting used to third shift. Overall, it's the best job I've ever had and dont plan on leaving any time soon.
Pros
Great company culture, safe work environment, plenty of break time, free coffee
Cons
Can be frustrating depending on how the machines are running

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chassix. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8