CHASSIX

CHASSIX Employer Reviews

It was a loud place to work at but it was ok
Robot Technician (Former Employee), Howell, MINovember 6, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: i did not no how to speak spanish
I got along with everybody even thought some of the people that work there did not speak english.
Very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Montague, MIOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good pay rate
Cons: exessive work hours. no dessgresion for employees health or as an individual human being
Pulled parts from the racks, Input heat treat numbers including Juline date and time. Finished products that were produced. Inserted new molds into the machine for finishing. Checked the parts for handling damage or misloads in machine. Debur, shaped, trimmed, and blew off any extra chips or dust from every finished parts. Telis the parts adding to – more... each layer on Dunum. Added coolant and cleaned out vents on the machine. Changed hopper when full and replaced with a new empty chip hopper. Gauged, measured, dotted and checked before sending them off. Ran 96 quality parts on one of my machine (OKK 13) in an 8 hour day, and 80-90 quality parts on the other (Mankino 19). – less
Abusive Culture
Management (Former Employee), Benton Harbor, MIOctober 27, 2014
Pros: interesting work, growing industry
Cons: culture, work/life balance
It's great to see manufacturing return to southwest Michigan and Chassix is growing rapidly and are always hiring. I was hopeful for the first month here until I realized this is pretty much an employee mill. They chew through people with a combination of demanding work hours and a harsh, psychotically implemented disciplinary system.
Best job I have ever had
CNC operator (Current Employee), Bristol INOctober 17, 2014
Pros: easy work, good pay, benefits
Cons: heat, young lazy people
I have worked at Chassix for about 8 months. I started through a temp service, and got hired in 3 months later. I started as a machine operator then got cross trained for gauging parts, loading lines, and other tasks which I like because I can fill in for people who call off. This is a great place to work. They have great benefits, the work is very – more... easy, the pay is good. They just gave me a review, and a $1.75 raise! The only hard part about working there is it gets pretty hot in the summer, and there are a lot of young people who do nothing, but complain about how hard the work is when they stand, or sit more than they work. The management could be better, but it is improving. The people who review this place as bad are obviously lazy, and might as well get SSI so they can sit down, and get fat. – less
Productive CNC Machine Shop
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Edon, OHOctober 14, 2014
I really enjoyed Chassix. The people were some of the best I have ever worked with, the management was great and the overall environment of the facility was excellent. Everyone from top to bottom knew what needed done and worked toward the completion of the tasks at hand.
Horrible management and pay for amount of work!
X-Ray Technician (Former Employee), Bristol, INOctober 2, 2014
Pros: quick money
Cons: management, hours, environment
This place was a JOKE, it had more of a job turnover than McDonalds! It was 7 days a week and definitely not enough money per hour for the slave work they make you do. Plus the management was HORRIBLE, they all have their heads up their a****. They're rude and inconsiderate of their employees.
Sucks if your an operator
Tool Room Machinist (Former Employee), Montague, MISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: co workers were fun
Cons: bad management
I like it as a toolroom machinist
boss never really came around to much unless he had a hot job
worked by myself 95 % of the time
low on pay :(
could be really good company if you have the skills to do anything but the operator positions
Started out good
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Montague, MIJuly 29, 2014
Cons: the whole company
Was a cool job in beginning , but after 3 owners and constant changes it is he// on earth.working 7 days a week for years body physically worn out finally pointed out after 14 years. like my coworkers and several supervisors but I am glad to be free.time to move on.
All that matters is bottom line - not people
Administration/Management (Current Employee), Bristol, INJuly 29, 2014
Pros: 2x pay for sunday shifts
Cons: overworked and under appreciated
Management changed attitude towards employees to "What have you done for me lately?"
Culture of 12 hour days/7 days a week to make #'s.
fast paced and challenging
Forklift Diver/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee), Stevensville, MIJune 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, paid time off
Cons: no days off, long hours
arrive load a trucks inventory parts. enter data in computer.
I have learned more efficiency and how to better think on my feet.
fair management very knowledgeable.
the co-workers are fast learners smart people.
the hardest part is keeping the inventory in check.
the most enjoyable is loading the trucks.
very interesting place to work if you love mechanic's
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbus, GAApril 25, 2014
Pros: interesting place to work.
Cons: very few complaint's
alway's liked working in this field, never stop learning. very few people can adjust to life of a mechanic in a foundry, very hot, dirty, some long day's, have to drop your sandwich in the middle lunch, to tend a break down(no guaranties),it's not for everybody,but interesting.
Worst place I have ever worked
Non destructive testing (Current Employee), Montague, MIApril 1, 2014
Cons: everything
You work 12 hour days, 7 days a week; in a VERY hostile work environment. If you are a woman, DO NOT WORK THERE. The sexual harassment is never ending, and the company refuses to do anything about it! And if you say something, you are retaliated against. Plus, they never pay you for the correct hours!
Worked there for nearly 37 years
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Batavia, NYNovember 12, 2013
Started in production and over the years moved up to Group Leader, Journeyman Tool Maker, Maintenance Line Leader and finally to Production Supervisor.
Typical day at work would be to oversee production and assist maintenance
Great company
CNC Operator (Current Employee), Warren, MIOctober 23, 2013
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: canot leave premises for lunch
Load your part hit start for 8 hours
good management friendly and fair
productive workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee), Howell, MIOctober 19, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: schedule
Running the machine and having to gauge parts and make adjustments according to specification and requirements set for parts. Management is there at a moment's notice if needed. Work more in a lone environment, so don't deal with that many co-workers. the hardest part of the job is the odd schedule. the most enjoyable part of the job is the job security – more... and not having to worry about hours. – less