Chatsworth Products, Inc. (CPI), a 100% employee owned corporation, is a global manufacturer providing voice, data and security products and service solutions that optimize, store and secure technology equipment. CPI products offer innovation, configurability, quality and value with a breadth of integrated system components, covering virtually all physical layer needs.
We have an immediate opening for an Online Copywriter who writes clear and compelling online content that is optimized for the Web, including articles, product descriptions, promotional copy, e-newsletters, social media and blogs. Edits and repurposes existing print copy for the Web and plan and crafts email marketing campaigns. Requires strong writing and editing skills, as well as experience with search engine optimization.
1. Creates, edits, and maintains copy for all electronic media, including website, blog, social media, videos, newsletter, forums and banner ads. Content must adhere to industry and company style as well as convey CPI’s overall brand messaging and positioning.
2. Creates, edits, and maintains copy in a wide range of promotional and sales writing styles to support products and solutions, ensuring online content is optimized for search engine technology.
3. Gains intimate understanding of products and solutions in order to determine the main selling features, helping to create and communicate a competitive edge.
4. Supports the development of creative online campaigns designed to reach targeted customers, prospects, channel partners, and contractors, helping to strengthen our brand and support business development efforts.
5. Repurpose technical documents such as white papers, technical articles and case studies so that they can be used in a variety of online marketing tools.
6. Collaborates with marketing to create web pages that compels/directs site traffic.
7. Builds and monitors content distributed over social media networks.
8. Develops relationships with key industry bloggers in order to leverage CPI solutions in social media.
9. Interviews internal and external audiences for the purpose of creating targeted content.
10. Assists in the development and implementation of the online ad plan.
11. Develops and supports a company online Advisory Council.
12. Supports the development of an ecommerce platform by providing appropriate product descriptions.
- Works on computer majority of the day.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. to move file boxes, etc. as needed.
- Some travel may be required both by automobile and airplane.
Qualification: BA/BS degree in Journalism, English Technical Communications and three (3) years of experience or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience.