Chattahoochee Valley Community College Employee Reviews

My time as a work study student
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMarch 13, 2017
During the past year at CVCC I have run important documents between different departments on campus and worked on the offices printer of ( faxing,printing,copying,etc.). I have also worked in Microsoft Office as well as Excel for various reasons. My main job is communicating with students in person as well as over the phone while maintaining professional environment at all times.
Pros
Ability to work on homework and loving coworkers.
Cons
Not enough hours for the amount paid.
A Community College with its finger on the pulse of the educational and workplace needs of their community of learners.
Ready-to-Work Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 25, 2016
CVCC offers educational experiences which are relevant to the workplace opportunities found in the campus’s sphere of influence. In a constantly changing economic environment, many adults suddenly find themselves displaced from jobs they have worked for years. Thrust back into the pool of workers looking for employment, many lack cutting-edge skills needed to acquire gainful employment. Providing a Ready-to-Work program with a positive and nurturing environment can prove to be the “hand-up” needed to make them competitive in the current job market.

Additionally, other adults find themselves lacking basic skills employers are looking for in their employees. The Ready-to-Work program and the other programs available through the Adult Education Department give just such individuals the opportunity to enhance their skills. Equipping adult learners through a multi-faceted program integrating classroom instruction, computer experience, tutorial opportunities, and career counseling increases their chance of success in the workplace.

Having been a part of the Ready-to-Work program in the past, I can say first-hand that it works! There is nothing more gratifying than to walk into a place of business and see one of your Ready-to-Work participants experiencing success in the workplace. Investing in lives with real-world work solutions is the heart-beat of the community college’s adult education programs.
Pros
Versatility, day and night hours, diverse clientel
Cons
Part-time but adequate
Great experience
IT Help Desk Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALDecember 26, 2015
As volunteer with the Pirate Information Technology (PIT) Crew I was able to share my life experiences as well recently learned skills with other students. These experiences helped to not only round out my skills, both others as well.
Pros
Real wold experience, Works well with personal schedules
Nice fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 18, 2015
It was a very nice place to work. My manager was super sweet, and understanding. They were considerate, and open it was like one of the best work atmospheres I've ever experienced. My managers were older than I, so it felt very inviting/family oriented. It was work-study, so I don't know about the system programs and whatnot, but the things we did do, weren't that bad. I got to interact with the students. It was usually COLD inside the buildings.
Pros
great atmosphere, campus job, work study
Cons
cold buildings
Work Study Student/ Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALApril 5, 2015
I loved working for CVCC it is a very enjoyable place to work. The staff is very friendly and always room for advancement and to learn new skill sets.
Good Work Environment
Adult Education GED Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 11, 2014
Resources were always supplied to the instructor. Hours were flexible and the support from the administration was great.
Pros
Good Support System
Cons
Hard to get on full time
good learning experience
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJanuary 22, 2014
this was my first job and it was good learning experience as to what the change is between school life and working life.
Educational workplace. Managers are mentors. Plenty of room to grow and improve yourself.
IT Work Study (Current Employee) –  Phenix City, ALOctober 1, 2013
I work at CVCC and I attend classes at CVCC and I can tell you that there is no better place to be. Our instructors have a habit of going out of their way to help us through any and every aspect of life and make sure that we are successful job candidates.
Productive and fun place to work
College Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALOctober 16, 2012
I learned how to work large copy machines, answer the phone in a professional way. I got to work in the mailroom which was just making multiple copies and placing mail in the mailboxes. I also learned how file things that was for the teachers students that was not to showed to anyone. Worked with the computers by typing up letters, envelopes, tests. I did many more jobs.
Pros
people where friendly, learned new things
Cons
short breaks
Great Place To Work!
Faculty Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALJuly 31, 2012
This was the best job I ever had, I wish I would have never left but my contract was up and there were no openings. If I could I would go back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Chattahoochee Valley Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5