Chattanooga Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews in United States

All this company cares about is upper management making money
sales associate 2 (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 20, 2015
I liked my Co workers although some will stab you in the back first chance they get but all in all they don't care about any of their employees all upper management cares about is making money they need to fire all them and hire caring people bet they live in million dollar homes don't donate to this place they mark everything up so much the average person can't afford to shop there anymore.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Long hours very low. Pay no raises have to beg for 1 then always a freeze on them
Awful.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2015
The only thing this company cares about is its bottom line. Virtually none of the missions programs they used to pride themselves on exist anymore, but they continue to run the commercials on local television that boast about those programs. It's a lot of smoke and mirrors with this company and the people who run it. If you work here you will be set up to fail.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low morale, high turnover, managers who don't care or manage their people
Nice, positive workplace
GoodGirls Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaMay 12, 2015
The atmosphere was fun and positive. Everybody worked well together.There was so much to learn and it kept me busy. I was allowed to experience both in office and in the field work. I set meetings with juvenile courts, and I also was able to mentor the youth, I compiled data and made reports.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Unexpected budget cut
Need new CEO and Board members
Employee (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaJuly 14, 2015
Because of apparent indiscretions and misuse of monies, many are skeptical of providing donations to the Chattanooga agency.
Pros
Good rehab training facility for those needing job training
Cons
Nonprofit agency...benefits package is dismal
low wages and high profit for the comoany
sales associate (Current Employee) –  tenneseeNovember 14, 2014
love the idea that they help less fortunate but they do not even though we get donations they mark it up and send the really good items to shop Good will but I love the people I work with
Pros
love my co workers and custoners
Cons
upper management does not speak but they want us to say hi toevey cust lo wages, new rules and drama every day, use oeople to train their repkacements and than fire them
management has no clue
warehouse (Former Employee) –  chattanoogaMarch 12, 2015
management has no clue
too political environment for new hires to begin a career
good people--just set in their ways and do what where and when they want.--not a good atmosphere to bring new people into!
Cons
where do we start?
Knowing your work was helping others
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNNovember 12, 2013
I loved the atmosphere, super laid back and we all got along really well (not including management). The best part of my job was knowing that Goodwill helps those in need every day.

2.8