Chattanooga Goodwill Industries Employee Reviews

Stressful environment to work in, few programs to benefit community
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 31, 2017
Goodwill policies are not enforced correctly.
No proper evaluations. The company has issued a pay freeze so don't expect to be paid even a penny more per hour. Upper management will throw you under the bus whenever they get a chance. This company does not care about it's employees. Upper management bickers back and forth and says disrespectful things very often. I would not recommend!
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Everything else
James Brown was a busy yet fun place to work.
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at Brown was to come in around 7:30 Check emails in order to plan or change the needs of the customer or company.
Check the yard and shop to make sure everything was in order.
Deal with all aspect of the Terminal as the day progressed.

I learned that you have to take care of your customers along with making profit for the company. That you have to watch your driver and employees to make sure they are performing their duties. I had to make sure all our Trailers, Trucks and facility were in working order. Be proactive instead of reactive.

Management with Brown had its opportunities. The drivers wanted to pick and choose their runs. If it fit our needs that was not a problem but If not, I treated each one with respect but with authority.
It is a fine line keeping everyone happy.

It was a small office in Ooltewah so there was only myself an assistant and the drivers. Most of the other co-workers were in Lithonia Ga. It was a good group of people to work with. James Brown told me when hired that if you make me money and keep me out of trouble you will not hear much from me. In 5 years he came to my terminal 3 times. I spoke daily with the staff in Lithonia.

24/7 and only me to take care of the issues. Breakdowns, missed appointments, personal issues...

Building a re pore with the customers and drivers. Seeing there needs met in accordance with the company needs.
Pros
Freedom and paid insurance
Cons
long hours and pay
All this company cares about is upper management making money
sales associate 2 (Former Employee) –  TennesseeNovember 20, 2015
I liked my Co workers although some will stab you in the back first chance they get but all in all they don't care about any of their employees all upper management cares about is making money they need to fire all them and hire caring people bet they live in million dollar homes don't donate to this place they mark everything up so much the average person can't afford to shop there anymore.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Long hours very low. Pay no raises have to beg for 1 then always a freeze on them
Need new CEO and Board members
Employee (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaJuly 14, 2015
Because of apparent indiscretions and misuse of monies, many are skeptical of providing donations to the Chattanooga agency.
Pros
Good rehab training facility for those needing job training
Cons
Nonprofit agency...benefits package is dismal
Awful.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 6, 2015
The only thing this company cares about is its bottom line. Virtually none of the missions programs they used to pride themselves on exist anymore, but they continue to run the commercials on local television that boast about those programs. It's a lot of smoke and mirrors with this company and the people who run it. If you work here you will be set up to fail.
Pros
None.
Cons
Low morale, high turnover, managers who don't care or manage their people
Nice, positive workplace
GoodGirls Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChattanoogaMay 12, 2015
The atmosphere was fun and positive. Everybody worked well together.There was so much to learn and it kept me busy. I was allowed to experience both in office and in the field work. I set meetings with juvenile courts, and I also was able to mentor the youth, I compiled data and made reports.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
Unexpected budget cut
management has no clue
warehouse (Former Employee) –  chattanoogaMarch 12, 2015
management has no clue
too political environment for new hires to begin a career
good people--just set in their ways and do what where and when they want.--not a good atmosphere to bring new people into!
Pros
Cons
where do we start?
fun coworkers and direct management
ADC attendant (Former Employee) –  HarrisonDecember 29, 2014
My direct management was so helpful and easy going enough that it was a good learning environment. However u per management was AWFUL especially since I was just barely over min wage and working crazy hours.
Pros
independent work mostly, coworkers and direct management was great
Cons
awful for upper management, underpaid overworked
low wages and high profit for the comoany
sales associate (Current Employee) –  tenneseeNovember 14, 2014
love the idea that they help less fortunate but they do not even though we get donations they mark it up and send the really good items to shop Good will but I love the people I work with
Pros
love my co workers and custoners
Cons
upper management does not speak but they want us to say hi toevey cust lo wages, new rules and drama every day, use oeople to train their repkacements and than fire them
Knowing your work was helping others
Processor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNNovember 12, 2013
I loved the atmosphere, super laid back and we all got along really well (not including management). The best part of my job was knowing that Goodwill helps those in need every day.