Chattanooga Times Free Press Employee Reviews

Call Substitute
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 9, 2017
Talk with substitute and make sure that the papers are there and on time and that everything is going smoothly. Check in with him daily and on every delivery that there are no major changes that will delay that job and its everyday details so that it gets done on time.
Pros
easy hours
The products is too easier than what I thought
Inserter (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 5, 2017
I really like the Chattanooga times Free press but it really the manager they really do to much with the employees there at the Chattanooga times frees press to but I did like the job but it was the manager mess with the employees there to
Not bad
Newspaper production worker (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 20, 2017
enjoyed havin this job gave me hope and built my character as stronger still today blessed to be myself but interested lookin for better other job that fit.
Review Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 23, 2017
You just have to do your job mind your business and stay to yourself. You are not there to make friends but to get the job done correct in a timely manner.
Easily Advance
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 25, 2017
Started out as an independent contractor in 2005 and gradually worked my way up to a District Sales Manager. Upper management is not very organized
Pros
Possible to Advance
Cons
Unorganized Management
independant contractor
Delivery and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 28, 2016
This job was not very hour friendly. It is not easy to make extra money, it is a lot of ware and tare on your vehicle. The management isn't very friendly.
Productive and excellent work environment
Internship Experience (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 9, 2016
I was just an intern but the staff is just absolutely welcoming and helpful. Everyone is willing to help you out. The work force is alot but its really a learning experience and a lot of potential to grow within the business and advance further than when you start working there.
The largest turn over rate
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 28, 2016
It starts off a wonderful place to work with great benefits and freebies but soon turns into the managers believing that they own you and have actual say with your life outside the clock. Soon , you are doing work that isn't in your job description and you are not being compensated for the work you are producing. Also, if you are looking for advancement, do not look here. The managers will decide if you can have the job or if they think you need to stay right where you are despite you wanting to move into a different position.
Pros
Free Riverbend bracelets
Cons
Everything else except for some of the people
Fun staff
Phone Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJune 10, 2016
This employer was fun to work for.
Employer was professional and leniant. If I could have lived off the pay I would have stayed.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Compensation
Nice, laid back place to work.
Deposit Clerk (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 4, 2016
I like the job just no room to advance and no pay increase in sight. Like interacting with carriers. Health insurance to expensive. I get along with everyone. Co workers have worked there several, several years. I really like that management doesn't stand right over you. They really let you work on your own.
Pros
Exercise incentives.
Cons
Low pay
Not a great fit
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 2, 2015
Expectations were not clear. Managers were not very helpful. Territory was spread out. Hours were good. Some teambuilding exercises were fun. Overall, not the best fit for me.
Pros
hours
See previous Chattanooga Times Free Press Review
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 27, 2015
Attended conference meetings, obtained detailed information on news and local sports, and helped with ideas on formatting stories.
Attended a Dodgers AA Minor League baseball game and helped take notes and highlights on the game, discussed topics for radio show, and helped with post-interviews of the Lookouts’ baseball players.
like the job a lot
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 24, 2015
The management was kind of faulty, but other than that it was a wonderful job.
I would work for them again, if given the opportunity.
Great place to work for with wonderful, welcoming staff
Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 15, 2015
During this internship I learned a lot about sales; how to make a sell without making it overly complicated, sales is often a team effort, there's a lot more to it than just selling, you have to find prospects and show them that your service or product is a right fit for them. The management there is absolutely amazing. There wasn't a time where I felt like I couldn't ask for help if I needed it. The hardest part of this job was just that I had to learn it all so quickly and picking out the right prospects. The most enjoyable part of this job was that I got the opportunity to go to little towns I would've never planned to otherwise, and I got to meet so many lovely people, in the office and in the field.
Progressive compny to work for continually evolving offering career growth in the areas of print, digital and event advertising and marketing
Digital Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 30, 2015
Large community focused employer, 500+ employees, fostering community involvement and opportunity to collaborate and cross train within toward career goals.
They are not willing to listen to concerns
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 19, 2015
I really disliked working here. I worked 7 days per week, and was only trained for two days before they gave me the route to myself. I had a family emergency come up and could not get my supervisor on the phone. The only thing I enjoyed was the peace and quite of working alone.
Cons
No time off and no benefits.
a great job to have
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 4, 2014
If u need to know anything about customer service become a telemarketer
Great place to work!
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 17, 2014
I enjoyed my time at the Times Free Press, and found it a highly educational place to work.
Pros
Great staff, learned a lot
Cons
Unpaid internship
Metro daily newspaper
Staff writer at metro daily newspaper (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 23, 2014
The Chattanooga Times Free Press was voted as one of the top 10 papers that are "doing it right" by Editor and Publisher magazine. It's a professional organization.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Tough times for all print media
I was a contractor here
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga tnJanuary 6, 2014
I was a contractor here working with there employees to train them on there equipment.