CHD Meridian Healthcare Employee Reviews

Encourages advanced and education
RN (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJJanuary 4, 2016
This company encourages advanced in your professional career. Promotes team playing. Cares about it's employees. Does peridocial salary reviews based on the nation's average.
Pros
educational reimbursement
Staff Nurse-Float Pool (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJNovember 5, 2015
I have worked in meridian for a long time
great place to work
great employees to work with '
great management to work for
management always looks out for their team
great employees and management in the float pool
Pros
great company
Cons
at times understaffed
Great Place to work
I advocate (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJNovember 2, 2015
It has a very pleasant atmosphere. The patients and staff are very friendly. There are many opportunities for those who work here. If one is interested in working in healthcare, I recommend this employer.
Merger was cruel to many people.
MARKETING AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Holmdel, NJOctober 31, 2015
Leadership could be more considerate to employees.
Holmdel NJ is a nice location. Care at the hospital is good. More nurses per patient would be desirable.
Pros
Nice community environment
Cons
Leadership didn't practice what they preached.
Micromanaging your every move
Corporate (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJOctober 2, 2015
Meridian has high expectations from there employees without the pay. You will be doing the job of 2 people and are expected to do it perfectly in a short amount of time. The management micromanages your every move, you can not make a decision or a move without being checked first. Employees are negatively talked about by managers to other employees while in ear range. I can't find anything good to say about management in the corporate offices.
Cons
Work load for 2 people, low pay, micro managing
ok
Access Services (Current Employee) –  Neptune, NJSeptember 22, 2015
Meridian would be an amazing place to work if they had better management. The hours are great and the job is interesting.
Fun place to work, great team members
Team Member Labor & Relations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJSeptember 11, 2015
The organization is diverse and team members care about what they that is to deliver the best healthcare experience.

Meridian strives to include team members in the strategic mission of the organization. To reward team members they have a great total rewards package offered to newly hired benefit eligible team members.
It's a great place to work and learn
QUALITY ASSURANCE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 24, 2015
It was Scrum environment, Scrum is always fun, in Meridian Health it was different then my previous experiences. Worked closely with Software Developers, Business Analyst and Subject Matter Experts (SME) to design appropriate Test Case for GUI/Front-end and Back-end/RDBM Systems.
Generated Weekly Status Reports on the progress of testing and provided to QA Lead & management during Sprints.

And Sprint Retrospective Meeting was the best part. Had real fun while we did constructive criticism of our co-workers.
Fun and
Medication Technician/Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Manvel, TXAugust 16, 2015
While working here I became a medicaiton aid, this was my starting point with caregiving and medication aid, while working here I learned alot of productive things, to help me with becoming a medication aide
Pros
Promotion
Cons
Change in management
Excellent company who cares for employees and clients
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJuly 31, 2015
I work in high volume emergency department/trauma center on the overnight shift. We see patients of all degrees of stress and mental condition. I have learned not to take things personally, that the clients (patients, families and friends) are under stress so whatever they may say in fear or anger should not be taken personally. I have learned to acknowledge their feelings and, as far as it depends on me, provide them with the best healthcare experience. Working overnight, there is never a manager or supervisor on duty. They trust us to function in the department to accomplish our goals and they provide feedback on our productivity. They are available if we need them. My co-workers are great to work with. We work overnight, in a trauma center, on the shore, without a supervisor or manager on duty. We work very well together in completing tasks and resolving issues should any arise, without having to call and wake a supervisor in the middle of the night. The hardest part of the job would be on extremely high volume nights where we are only working with two team members throughout the entire department. Aside from collecting demographic information and verifying insurance, we are also responsible for collecting payments. This is difficult in itself as most people don't think about making payments when coming to the emergency room, it is more difficult when the volume is high and we aren't working with a full staff. As I stated, though, working with the team I have certainly makes it easier. The most enjoyable part is working with the patients, hearing their appreciation for not  more... making them feel like no one cares about their health on receiving payment. Also, when they are angry and yelling and to see that your calmness, or smile, or offering them some measure of comfort changes their demeanor.  less
How this company wins awards for "overall best place to work is beyond me"
Medical Receptionist and Secretary (Former Employee) –  Neptune, NJJuly 20, 2015
A typical day at work is each employee doing the job of 2 employees. Meridian hires very few people and expects A LOT out of each and every one of those people.

The pay is terrible and once a year you can expect a 1% increase. The managers have not been trained to be managers so the offices are not run well.

I have not worked in any office in Meridian that is organized and well run.
Pros
You leave at your designated time at the end of the day; they do not pay overtime
Cons
There are no breaks; you will work the job of 2 people
Love working with the children
Behavioral Clinician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2015
Great environment and opportunity to service children with high risk needs. The management team is very supportive and the team members are very helpful.
Great place to work, great benefits, schedule and independence.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wall, New JerseyMarch 31, 2015
Transcribing hospital OR reports. Very interesting especially when doing the trauma center. As long as you did your job, and worked your scheduled hours no one bothered you.
Pros
Working from home and great benefits.
Cons
Getting laid off because department was outsourced.
Management belittles employees!!!
Employee (Current Employee) –  RedbankMarch 18, 2015
Employees are mistreated with sarcasm. Well qualified employees are not promoted because they lack experience which can only be gained when being given the opportunity!!
Annual raises are only 1-1.5% which is way below their annual profit margins.
Pros
Decent coworkers
Cons
Lousy management, Low pay, No promotion
Beautiful location
Operating Room Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Red Bank, NJFebruary 1, 2015
Meridian is a company that strives for excellence. It provides many ways for its employees to advance and improve their skill sets.
Why am I doing this?
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  wall, njDecember 15, 2014
Enjoyable work environment.
nice co workers
up and down workload
learned a lot of innovative excel
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of mobility
Productive, fun workplace
CMA (Former Employee) –  Oakhurst, NJDecember 5, 2014
I loved working for Ocean Park OB/GYN. My manager, the doctors and I got along very well. I also felt like I fit in and that was the place for me about a month after I started working there. I loved working for a big company rather than a private practice. It was my first time working in an OB/GYN office and now I know I really love that field.
Pros
free lunches, doctors respected you
Cons
Love working with the patients and seeing their recovery
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Manalapan, NJNovember 29, 2014
Love the focus being on people's well being. My manager is hugely supportive when personal problems come up and she works with us to take time for things to get resolved.
Meridian
Patient Account Associate (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJAugust 14, 2014
Great Company to work for in every aspect.Great Leadership and management. An room for growth in the company. Learned everything from AR to Denial Management and contract Management, and all Different Data Systems.
fun place to be
CNA (Current Employee) –  Wall, NJAugust 6, 2014
I worked 7am to 3pm
most days I worked as a restorative aide I then was required to to have 2 Pt's AM care done for early rehab schedule
I would also had the breakfast club where some of the early rehab pt's would come for breakfast before rehab started as well as my breakfast club group that consisted mostly of my long term Pt's
we would listen to music while doing light exercise and some ROM before meals
I have some great co worker everybody here is a team player it makes it a much better work place when we all come together as a unit
I feel one of the hardest parts of my job is watching someone's life slip away
and the most enjoyable part of my job is helping people it's a great feeling
Pros
very positive work enviroment
Cons
some days we would work short staffed