Check 'n Go Employee Reviews in United States

not a good company to work for !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 24, 2016
This company has you working by yourself a lot of the time, they have unrealistic goals , training is not good, pay is low. Upper management is only out for themselves, they don't care about there customer service representatives at all, the turn over of employees is very high .
Pros
Cons
not enough time to take breaks, to much they want you to do, not enough hours to pay bills
Do Not Waste Your Time
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 23, 2016
You are expected to meet unrealistic new customer goals, but you cannot control if a person is approved or denied for a loan. Co-workers and upper management were terrible. They pick favorites and if you were not part of the "cool club", life was extremely hard for you and your store. The pay is decent, but not enough for all you are expected to get done. You are held responsible for customers that do not pay, when half of these customers should have never been approved in the first place. You are told to ACH customer checking accounts for the past due amount, unless they have opted out of the ACH option. Some customers get REALLY upset when you ACH their accounts because their money is taken as soon as it hits their accounts. You will be in the store alone more that 80% of the time, which is not safe when you are handling cash. You are expected to run a successful store, complete all required paperwork, help customers, answer the phones on the 1st or 2nd ring, perform loans, make 3 rounds of collection calls, make courtesy calls, and go out daily to market the business. Upper management is an absolute joke. In case of an emergency, it is almost impossible to find someone to cover your store and the district manager would tell you it is your responsibility to find someone, DURING AN EMERGENCY! The only PRO is that you will get to meet various people and build relationships with your regular customers. No matter how hard you work to make your store successful, you will not get the recognition you deserve unless you are one of the chosen few. If you are someone who goes to work  more... to focus on doing a great job and does not like to gossip and chit-chat all day with other store managers, then you will not fit into the chosen group. You will have to deal with your district manager talking down to you on the conference calls and constantly being sarcastic when you are asking legitimate questions. You are not paid overtime due to being salaried, but you are expected to work up to 6 days a week if you do not have a csr. If you get sick and have to miss time, you are treated terribly.  less
Pros
Getting to know your regular customers.
Cons
Working alone 80%, Unprofessional upper management
Not an enjoyable experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 22, 2016
Unfortunately although I had met a couple of decent managers, this branch in this part is not governed very well. it is also short staffed and they definitely show favoritism. The pay is not worth the stress or side tasks like holding a sign on the street. Hours were good though, if you do not mind never getting a break.
Cons
Poor management, large workload
Would be happier making less elsewhere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 22, 2016
I was always working alone. Makes it very challenging in getting daily tasks completed on top of servicing customers who come in or call. District Managers were not approachable. You can call and ask them a question/guidance but were always quick to brush you off and direct you to another store instead. Doing this over and over will eventually hurt the relationship between the district manager and its employees (you). Im unsure they realize this? The turnover rate is the highest ive ever seen in my 10+ years in working. this obviously says something about the company. some new training people will even quite during training. its not for everyone. its only for a very selected few. very stressful job. would rather much get paid less and be happier working elsewhere. I did learn a lot of skills. mainly how to multitask. sundays off were nice, some of the customers were a pleasure to work with, some of the associates were great too. if your not used to stress from previous jobs or in general, this might not be for you. if you know how to handle stress, you may be okay. benefits/insurance offerings weren't that great either. 401 k is not matched. im still thankful for working here since I got what I needed out of the job to move elsewhere and am making more money for a fraction of the stuff I dealt with. I give anyone major props for being with the company long term. if your 3 or 4 months in the job and feel its not a fit, start looking elsewhere. do not wait!
Pros
sundays off, learn great skills, get off early on saturday, some of the people were a joy to work with, if full time you will get a few mondays off with pay due to holidays.
Cons
management not supportive or approachable, a lot of favoritism, if you have a soul you may feel bad for seeing these people pay so much in interest, benefits are the worse ive ever had, you will work alone with the expectation of completing almost everything.
Hard to work for.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 18, 2016
This job was very demanding of marketing. I had to push out about 500 flyers a week. Meaning I had to close the store drive around to parking lots and stick flyers on peoples cars. If you did not meet your numbers for the month you were at risk for termination. So basically if you don't get new customers in at least 3 a day they think you didn't do your flyers. The management was very hard to work for. By management I mean the District managers. They were always very mean and I would see my store manager crying after a conference call. They basically made you constantly aware that you could be fired.
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
Check n Go is a fun but stressful place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 14, 2016
My manager and coworkers were great to work with, but the top of the company does not understand what happens in the stores and branches and they tend to make changes to policies that in end hurt the business. They then expect the employees to maintain growth when the policies are enforced, and the customers and employees just do not like how things are run.
Not a good work place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 13, 2016
Worst employer I have ever had, the managment has to much favoritism. The company just cares about making sales and nothing more.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
pay is not good for the work that is being done
Awesome
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 11, 2016
This company was awesome to work for. All the people who reported to me were a great pleasure to work with. I would reccomend this company to anyone.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
worked every holiday and weekends
Healthy Workplace, Good Employees
Part Time Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAJuly 9, 2016
The management was amazing and I had a fun time interacting with my fellow employees and promoting the company was something I took pride in.
check n go
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 8, 2016
Company should care more about their workers, employees are made to work in horrible work conditions and are expected to suffer
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Wonderful company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 8, 2016
I love my job here at Check N Go, I've been here for almost 10 years and see myself here for many years to come. It's a great company to work for, I started as a part time CSR and advanced to manager, company takes good care of their employees.
Pros
Bonuses, heath care benefits, interaction with customers
Cons
Productive and fast paced job
Assist Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  El cajon, San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Amazing management, good relations with customers, learned to handle big amounts of money in cash. The most enjoyable aspect is getting to understand how loans work, the process of payments, and the benefits.
Pros
understanding managers
Cons
high pressure from costumers
Very Competitive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Deming, NMJune 16, 2016
Check 'N Go is a great company itself but it will randomly cut your hours and it's very easy to get written up.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
phone shops
Run away from this company
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
You have to work mainly by your self unless your someones favorite. Very unsafe for associates and worse part is they don't even care if you are safe are not. I you are getting treated wrong and speakes up for your self they will cut your hours until you quit. Csr are not a value at all just worried about the number and nothing else. Run as fast as you can !!
Pros
THE CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT AND TIGHT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.
Cons
THEY REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THERE WORKERS.
Professional environment
CSR (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 4, 2016
Productive and professional work place. Great team and opportunity to acquire useful skills. Management Skills Acquired with an opportunity to grow within the company.
Great entry level management job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJune 1, 2016
My typical day is spent on the phone taking applications, making collection calls, auditing files or processing loans/payments with customers in the store.

I learned time-management and how to train others to do the same. I learned about recruiting and what to look for in a great candidate. Recruiting is an everyday process and we are always looking for the best talent which means constantly searching. I have a great team at the moment. One has the capability to be promoted to a store manager in the next 6 months.

The hardest part of my job is the pressure of constant number crunching and being told we have to produce results or else. There is no feeling of comfort in your position. There is little recognition for customer service representatives and managers even though we are the building blocks of what makes this company profitable.

My favorite part of this job is my customers. Of course, I have my favorites, but I just love being able to help someone who desperately needs it. I treat my customers as family and that's what keeps them coming back.
Pros
Bonuses, sundays guarenteed off and paid holidays
Cons
Very high stress job, and a constant reminder that you are expendable if you don't produce the results that they want
Productive and fast paced
Bookkeeper/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 1, 2016
Learning the job was fairly easy but the management was not great at all. We were over worked because we were short staffed and they did not want to pay for traveling to other location. But other than that I loved my team.
Pros
the team and compensation
Cons
management
It is hard work for little pay and micro-managed constantly.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 26, 2016
You open the store and perform the opening checklists and prepare for the day. Reports and numbers are crucial every morning and must be sent to corresponding individual to put together the report for the district manager. You are constantly on the phone and it is monitored by the company. When working by yourself, it is hard to manage the work load such as phone calls, helping customers, cleaning the store and keeping up with the numbers to submit to specific individuals. What I have learned is that working for this company is heavily micro-managed. There is very little breathing room to helping the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out for lunch. Co-workers are okay. However, you must be careful on how you do your work because word travels fast to the district manager.
Pros
You might get one weekend off a month.
Cons
Health benefits are too expensive, not properly staffed, need more hands on training instead of computer training modules
Nice work enviroment
Customer service for loans (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, TNMay 26, 2016
I helped customers to get approved for loans in the hard times of their life. I handled lots of money at one time. There was not really anything I didnt like about this position.
good starter job
CSR/LOAN processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
Start daily routines set up computers, go through loan accts, make daily collection calls, do bank runs. This job is basic customer service it don't have much to teach outside of loan processing which is easy once you go through training. Management is over worked and really don't help other employees in advancing. most stores are only limited to 2 workers a part time and fulltime (manager). Hardest part of the job would be customers the don't always take denials good. Most enjoyable part is it is easy and a good starter job and you will be off on Sundays and home by 6:30 during the week and Saturdays by 2:30.
Pros
easy
Cons
pay is not good, no room for advancment

2.8