Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

Horrible Place to Work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, NMJuly 18, 2017
This place expects you to work only part time at your home store but be willing to drive all over the city to cover for other people on a daily basis.
Great workplace for college students.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 17, 2017
The company isn't bad to work for if you're a college student or just need a job. Some of the Management care more about making money than they do about their employees. At the end of the day, they just want you to upsale & collect. They want you out of the store by a certain time & could care less if they overwork you during that time.
Pros
Meeting people when they visit the store.
Cons
Being overworked & not being appreciated.
customer service representative
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJuly 12, 2017
Would cash checks, approve loans and verify the information, we had a bill pay, and a western union. Some days were longer than others. I got along with the manager at the time.
I had a great manager which made it worth my time working here.
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2017
It has been awhile since I have worked for this employer, however the company does offer benefits (high deductible plans and decent 401k match. However work balance and quality of life was a huge issue for anyone in a leadership position starting with the store manager level and up. This is one of the reasons I left the company.
Good people, bad atmosphere
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IndianaJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Check'nGo, but I felt it was predatory to push loans like we did. Benefits were good, but staffing is slim based on demand. Great co-workers though.
Pros
Mileage, Co-Workers, Sundays off.
Cons
Predatory leanding culture
Customer service and sales
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MI 48329July 7, 2017
This job is a customer service/Sales job. You need to be good talking to customer and able to be calm in a busy situation. You need to be comfortable with talking to customers and getting payments that are overdue.
Average job, operates as expected
Customer Svc. Rep./Temp (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 7, 2017
Easy overall Processing loans and marketing. Some days are extremely busy, but the majority is calm. Definitely customer service based. Requires an ability to be stern when needed and when doing collections
Start Here, Move On
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 6, 2017
It is a nice place to work but has a High Turn Over Rate. Depending on experience, the pay is desent and also you bonus at times. As far as Management, can YOU Say HIGH SCHOOL!!!! Very immature, unprofessional people who speak to their staff like little kids and who feels threaten when one challenges them. You also work long hours with no break or lunch but the manager always is gone for a smoke break every 5 or 10 minutes and leaves whenever they feel like it. I wouldn't recommend anybody to work for this company because they will just be wasting their time..
Pros
Great benefits, flexible hours, paid time off
Cons
No breaks, High Turn Over Rate, Short Staff
na
Customer Service Representative/Collector (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 6, 2017
Rate this company*required
Overall rating*
Job Culture,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
High stress, hostile customers
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Hudson, WIJuly 5, 2017
Employee-manager relations good. Very supportive when help was requested/needed. Got along very well with my manager. Customers ranged from nice to downright nasty and argumentative. In a job where money is the forefront I expected to have some issues however it seems to me that more and more customers are coming in angry and take on a hostile attitude towards the CSR's and manager. I believe it takes a special kind of person to work this type of job - one with a very thick skin.
Pros
Cons
Extremely hostile work environment
Worst place to work
CSR (Former Employee) –  Jonesville, MIJuly 5, 2017
I worked there for over a year and hated it most of the time. The store manager to regional manager where horrible, unsupportive and didn't care about the employees.
Pros
Nome
Cons
Long hours, short staffed, horrible management.
chesapeake va
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 5, 2017
it was one of the worst companies i have ever worked for. they had the worst benifit package, and they only cared about making money. they showed no apprecation for their managers or employees. it was just horrible
Pros
terrible place to work
Check N Go is an ok short term job mot career
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 29, 2017
Check N Go is unorganized and very deceitful. I've worked here for three years once you advance to store manager there's really no where else to go. It's basically slave labor unless you stand up and ask for more pay. The hours are great but you're pretty much required to work all day everyday with one day off during the week for store managers. They don't care about the employees at all.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No breaks or lunches, over worked and under paid
Horrible place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, TXJune 28, 2017
Supervisor requires you to break C.F.P. B rules, insufficient training, company has open door policy that doesn't resolve any issue, instead you are harassed by supervisor.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Being instructed to take advantage of unsuspecting customers, threatened to be demoted or lose position.
Na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 21, 2017
Not a good place to work when I was there 2 many grown messy people lack professionalism and big liars in appreciative of all the work I did with being alone in store.
Highly productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2017
It is one of those cash advance places which does help people in a pinch. It also has the capacity to turn you into a collections agent as well. It's always best to educate the customers as to how to get out from under constantly paying the high interest rates.
Pros
Fun place to work and helpful
Cons
Collections
Productive busy environment
Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 21, 2017
There was a high turn over. The location I worked at after being trained didn't have a manager or assistant manager. I worked alone. It was tough at times while working alone while it would get busy. Since there was no management I did all the necessary paperwork. I was doing all this work yet wasn't even promoted for doing all that work.
Pros
Quit and safe
Cons
No breaks, no other employees
assistant manager customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2017
data entry for loans perform held check audits western union services. provide great customer service by accommodating customers needs. other services include prepaid cards tax services and buying gold.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed some of my time with this company. Management was not always flexible with time off due to project completion concerns. No room for advancement.
Not bad job for decent pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 11, 2017
Easy job the pay is good for what you do. You at least get a couple days off during the week. Its kind of a shady business payday advance and it gets repetitive.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Never changes repetitive