Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INMarch 12, 2017
I started as a part time employee,CSR. I was able to learn the company and found that the two men who started it began in their living room. That drive they had was put onto their employees and the encouragement from them to help you succeed and grow with the company. I quickly moved up and ended up a Manager with the number one store in the district. The pay and the benefits were great and the bonuses amazing.
Pros
Great place with caring owners and Management
Cons
They didn't have a store in TX were I moved to transfer.
Stressful work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 23, 2017
Not enough employees per the amount of customers, always felt rushed and customers would get upset due to lack of help and long waits. Expectations were always way to high, goals were never good enough.
Cons
pay rate, benefits, short staffed
It is hard work for little pay and micro-managed constantly.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 26, 2016
You open the store and perform the opening checklists and prepare for the day. Reports and numbers are crucial every morning and must be sent to corresponding individual to put together the report for the district manager. You are constantly on the phone and it is monitored by the company. When working by yourself, it is hard to manage the work load such as phone calls, helping customers, cleaning the store and keeping up with the numbers to submit to specific individuals. What I have learned is that working for this company is heavily micro-managed. There is very little breathing room to helping the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out for lunch. Co-workers are okay. However, you must be careful on how you do your work because word travels fast to the district manager.
Pros
You might get one weekend off a month.
Cons
Health benefits are too expensive, not properly staffed, need more hands on training instead of computer training modules
Good Company
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 16, 2017
Long hours, little to no coverage. Vacations are borderline impossible to take due to thin crew.

Upper Management wants to see you do well. Company tries to adapt and advance to meet changing customer demand.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Job Security
Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day included ;customer service,bank deposits, and accounting.Manage staff to provide customer service .I enjoyed customers ,bank accounting,other associates.
Pros
Benefits, Customers
Cons
Bad Checks from customers
Predatory Lending Trap
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
Horrible experience. Once I was tricked into taking the job from management who misrepresented the job details, they threw me into a store all alone and not properly trained and left me working alone 6 days a week from open to close. Was told I need to "suck it up" when I informed my district supervisor that I needed to go to the emergency room. As soon as I was able to find an out, I escaped their trap.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unable to use vacation time, predatory sales practices
Not a job for the faint of heart.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2016
Great coworkers, great benefits, but more things to keep track of than the average CEO. If you survive and stay for 6 months, you may just get a handle on things. In a year, you could easily be looking at promotion to management, but don't hold your breath.
If you want a job that is going to pay the bills and not destroy your sanity, look elsewhere. This is high stress, lots of competition, and you may just love the incredible potential for excellence you find inside yourself out of necessity. Or, you will hate it, precisely for the same reasons.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits for hard work
Cons
So. Much. Necessary. Knowledge. Also, you rip off the poor.
STOP !!! Beware of poor training and pay
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chino, CADecember 23, 2016
Horrible experience for starters manager even complains about how cheap this company could be. I was not giving proper training at the interview they claim to help you be successful and how theirs place for advancement dnt be fooled ! Management can be rude even trainer seems like everyone lies in order to cover their selfs up . I had several bad experiences I'll give you two bad experiences while working their a coworker tried to cover themselves by blaming me for their error the second I had to be RETRAINED ! Because I supposedly wasn't doing things right when I wasn't even given the right information by the manager and I guess the trainer itself since I wasn't even properly trained then they put me into retraining really just beacause you decide to retrain me I have to take the blame to be slow and I was doing things the wrong way! They rush you into learning their products no patience and it's not even worth it ! This is a low paying job you have to do millions of things while underpay. No overtime allow they dnt like it or you substitute it with a longer lunch. Think twice if you decide to take this job theirs a reason why their are always hiring
Cons
Thought was a great opportunity but worst mistake ever
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 9, 2017
Management is horrible and has no idea how to train anyone and micro manages without taking responsibility and just lets people go instantly for no reasoning because there horrible management and training. They throw you in there not telling you about breaks who to call, and I feel corporate needs to know there district manager is the reason why there's still turn over and people leaving because of poor management and training. Good people were let go or left due to her and poor skills as a district manager.
Pros
Only thing hours were good
Cons
Many cons poor management and training
Productive and fast paced job
Assist Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  El cajon, San Diego, CAJune 23, 2016
Amazing management, good relations with customers, learned to handle big amounts of money in cash. The most enjoyable aspect is getting to understand how loans work, the process of payments, and the benefits.
Pros
understanding managers
Cons
high pressure from costumers
Wonderful company to work for
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJuly 8, 2016
I love my job here at Check N Go, I've been here for almost 10 years and see myself here for many years to come. It's a great company to work for, I started as a part time CSR and advanced to manager, company takes good care of their employees.
Pros
Bonuses, heath care benefits, interaction with customers
Productive and Friendly Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 29, 2016
Long and fast pace
Learned state laws
Love working with my manager and co- workers
Getting every complete on time
Helping out people in need
Pros
Company discounts
Benefits
Productive and fast paced
Bookkeeper/ Office Manager (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 1, 2016
Learning the job was fairly easy but the management was not great at all. We were over worked because we were short staffed and they did not want to pay for traveling to other location. But other than that I loved my team.
Pros
the team and compensation
Cons
management
work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJuly 28, 2016
It was an experience within this company at the various locations that they have throughout all the Detroit metropolitan area
Pros
work
benefits
Horrible employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2016
There is some good lower level management, however this company does not care about their employees. I worked for this company for over a year, in this year I worked consecutively over 32 hours a week, the employer would not give me full time benefits. This employer does not care to treat their employees right. This job requires a large amount of travel if you wish to make more than 19 hours as a Customer service rep.. Employees also may not leave the store for your lunch break, if you wish to take a lunch off the clock, you must lock the front door, clock out and eat, but if a customer comes to the door you are instructed to clock back in and help the customer, after they leave you can resume your lunch.
Not hard work but can be morally difficult for soft-hearted people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 28, 2016
Typical day includes running to the bank and preparing the store for open, as well as preparing the store for close. Days can be long (it was not uncommon to work from 8AM to close at 6PM multiple days a week). Collections is probably the hardest work that needs to be done while here, for multiple reasons. 1) It's very difficult to get a hold of people who know they owe you money and don't/can't pay it, and 2) sometimes getting the money you are owed (usually directly from the bank before the customer has a chance to withdraw all the money in their account) can make you feel slimy and despicable. Bad experiences are few and far between, but they can stick with you for a long time.
Pros
Most days tend to be pretty quiet, company pays very well for travel
Cons
No scheduled breaks, work can be morally draining
Busy
STORE MANAGER & STATE TRAINING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 14, 2017
No dull moment, strong support from senior management, advancement opportunities for most, need to be able to mold to lots of different types of people, not the "lazy mans" job
A Starting Point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 8, 2016
The good:
- A good place to build Customer Service Skills
- Business hours coincide with bank hours, so no late nights, and they are closed for the five major holidays

The bad:
- Locations are run with bare minimum labor coverage, CSR's are often left covering the store by themselves
- Promotions are rare, managers are often outside hires
- "Sales" goals are often unrealistic and "prizes" for meeting goals are typically $5 or $10 gift cards, definitely not worth the effort
- Employee's are often held responsible (fired) for the shortcomings of the company, especially managers

Summary:
Not a place you want to plan on working at for a long time, not a career environment. The company is more concerned with protecting the higher level staff that don't work at store level. Expect to be overworked and underpaid, perform demeaning marketing exercises including shaking a sign for oncoming traffic.
Hard to work for.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 18, 2016
This job was very demanding of marketing. I had to push out about 500 flyers a week. Meaning I had to close the store drive around to parking lots and stick flyers on peoples cars. If you did not meet your numbers for the month you were at risk for termination. So basically if you don't get new customers in at least 3 a day they think you didn't do your flyers. The management was very hard to work for. By management I mean the District managers. They were always very mean and I would see my store manager crying after a conference call. They basically made you constantly aware that you could be fired.
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
Would be happier making less elsewhere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 22, 2016
I was always working alone. Makes it very challenging in getting daily tasks completed on top of servicing customers who come in or call. District Managers were not approachable. You can call and ask them a question/guidance but were always quick to brush you off and direct you to another store instead. Doing this over and over will eventually hurt the relationship between the district manager and its employees (you). Im unsure they realize this? The turnover rate is the highest ive ever seen in my 10+ years in working. this obviously says something about the company. some new training people will even quite during training. its not for everyone. its only for a very selected few. very stressful job. would rather much get paid less and be happier working elsewhere. I did learn a lot of skills. mainly how to multitask. sundays off were nice, some of the customers were a pleasure to work with, some of the associates were great too. if your not used to stress from previous jobs or in general, this might not be for you. if you know how to handle stress, you may be okay. benefits/insurance offerings weren't that great either. 401 k is not matched. im still thankful for working here since I got what I needed out of the job to move elsewhere and am making more money for a fraction of the stuff I dealt with. I give anyone major props for being with the company long term. if your 3 or 4 months in the job and feel its not a fit, start looking elsewhere. do not wait!
Pros
sundays off, learn great skills, get off early on saturday, some of the people were a joy to work with, if full time you will get a few mondays off with pay due to holidays.
Cons
management not supportive or approachable, a lot of favoritism, if you have a soul you may feel bad for seeing these people pay so much in interest, benefits are the worse ive ever had, you will work alone with the expectation of completing almost everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check 'n Go. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8