Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

good, but a little stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Saint Clair Shores, MIAugust 31, 2015
Pros: great customers
Cons: no breaks, not safe
A good place to work could be a little stressful at times when it would get busy and there was no one but you there. There was a lot of safety issues, working alone, which in my opinion there should have always been two people there. The good thing is we had great customers, that made the job worth it.
Good Learning Experience
Customer Service Representative/Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2015
• Called leads, inactive and active customers to insure money collection to decrease debt retention for the company
• Summarized and balanced safe and cash register daily
• Rapidly and efficiently prepared customer cash and change orders
• Managed and Collected member loan payments
Great Starting point if out of college or beginning employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Midfield, ALAugust 27, 2015
Pros: great company
Cons: no space for immediate advancement/ high turn over
This company has a plethora of great beginning employment experience it would make a great stepping stone for further employment and or a second job! The management is ok and the benefits that I can remember were modest!
Hate working here
SERVICE REP (Former Employee), inland empire CaliforniaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: co workers, Sundays off, some customers
Cons: horrible pay, bad upper management, unsafe environment, no CSR appeatation, large workload, unrealistic goals, consistent policy changes, understaffed, working alone, some customers
CSRs are treated like dirt. You're expected to do 100 things at once. Pay is minimum wage. Don't expect upper management to have your back. No bullet proof glass even though someone was killed. High turn over. It's your fault if your customers don't pay. Everything done wrong is a big deal but things done right and are above and beyond go unnoticed. Trainers make less then the people theyre training. Upper management Lies and promises you a promotion then simply changes their mind and brings in someone outside the company. You get bs from costumers for things out of your control. There's regular customer appreation days but no employee appreation days. Bonuses are ridiculous. This is a shady company to both their customers and employees. If you are offered a job here don't take it. You'll regret it.
Hire and then turn over company
District Director of Operations (Former Employee), CaliforniaAugust 22, 2015
Does not trust leadership. Like to micromanage the field associates. Have shareholder responsibilities that make it difficult to make changes. Focused more on the oversees ventures that the U.S.
An okay place to work but bad benefits
CSR (Former Employee), Liberal, KSAugust 21, 2015
Pros: you get off at 2 on saturdays
Cons: unsafe work place, you have to work alone ALL the time except on fridays
I had a good time working for check n go but it got bad when the manager always took forever on lunchs and I did not get one. She made me work all the time when she got to go home and make fun of me to her husband, when I got pregnant she still made me lift heavy things even when I had a doctors note saying I could not, I was high risk and she still made me work long hours and never gave me lunch breaks, the benefits are terrible there, you get nothing.
FIRST JOB I WAS HAPPY TO QUIT!
CSR (Former Employee), akron, ohioAugust 21, 2015
Pros: The job itself is enjoyable
Cons: Bad wages, disorganized company, extremely high turnover rate, untrustworthy upper management
I have read all the bad reviews for this company and there all TRUE! 100% REAL TALK. No matter what state store chain allied or checkngo this company is horrible. Ive been here over 18 months and has seen 9 managers come and go. I have been working by myself off and on for almost six months. Were only allowed two people per store which is open six days a week so getting off or vacation is hard to get since they expect others to give up there off days or work alone to help out others. There is no room for growth they expect csr to have no write ups for six months to a year in order to get promoted but you get wrote up for ANY AND EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. The job interferes with your personal life because they must forgot you have or want one but expect you to drop everything and always be available because they have a terrible staffing problem.They spend so much time scrutinizing the CSR'S and Manager's when its the upper management that needs the most evaluation and they dont care about ANYTHING and lie all the time; the work dosent compensate the pay. Its a $12 hour job yet they only pay $9, $10 if you have an associates. Ive been covering stores by myself and trained my former manager who just recently quit after being there six months as so did the District Manager;so im back to working by myself. They wont promote me due to their backwards policy or give me a decent pay raise, So this is my last week here!
Long hours not worth the pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Pay sucks
Manager got duties done, but was forever on the phone taking personal calls. Too much down time on a regular day you would only help maybe four people. Which made the day drag on even more. Never a set lunch or anyone to cover for you. The system used was outdated. Overall I would not recommend working for this company. The pay isn't worth it especially working six days week for a horrible check.
Maybe better with good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rock Hill, SCAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Relaxed setting
Cons: No set lunch, no gas reimbursement
Very relaxed place. Not a bad job itself. The manager is a snob and very rude. She treats the customers like peasants. She has no people skills by any means and she talks about them. There is only two people who work at a location and only one person works a day. The two work together on Fridays. Management are friends who came from one location and they have looked out for each other so be prepared that no issues will be resolved. There is no safety glass at this location. They also want you to drive many miles away to "market" their facility. Marketing means to put stickers on people's cars. Also, customers get upset when they come to make a payment and no one is there. Also, YOU ARE NOT REIMBURSED FOR YOUR GAS.
Too much responsibility not enough pay
Store Associate (Former Employee), South Bend, INAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Helping customers
Cons: No lunches, no hours, daily stressful situations, not feeling valued as a person.
This was the most demanding job for the least amount of pay. The store manager is very thorough and wants things done the way she wants it done. Didn't receive full training before I was just put into operating the whole store alone some days. They make sure not to give you full-time because they don't won't to dish out benefits. Very stressful position for 19 hours a week don't even waste your time. Wish I'd had a chance to read the reviews first!
very demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee), grand prairie texasMay 24, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: the hours
long hours, grouchyu customers, outdated systems. but the pay was great and the managers are fun to work for. blah blah blahblahbalhdfkshdfkjsdhfkj
Issuing Money
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Helping out qualified customers
Cons: worked long hours without any breaks, No one in the office with me on a regular basis for over three months
A typical day for me was answering multiple phone lines, issuing loans to qualified customers, scheduled appointments for loan repayments, recording applications for loan amount, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers that gave approval to qualified customers. Calculated, reviewed, and corrected errors on interest, principal and closing balance, using computers.
I worked long hours without any breaks, handled all loan functions, clerical duties and making sure the daily end balance always equaled out for the next day bank drops, I also handled a lot of cash and Credit Card payments on a daily basis by operating a cash register and a electronic safe.
Worst job Iv had
CSR (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: everything
This company is so unorganized it is ridiculious. I was a CSR and would be left alone in a store with no money, customers were always upset bc they didnt want a check that no one would cash. Management was useless and could never be reached if needed. I would not reccomend this job to my worst enemy.
Relaxed atmosphere with flexibility in scheduling and the ability to interact and build relationships with the customers served.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Giddings, TXFebruary 18, 2015
For the most part I really enjoy my position with Check 'n Go. I enjoy getting to know my regular customers, and have made quite a few friends along the way. I have an amazing supervisor and get along well with my co-workers.
Awesome crew
Office Manager (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: i hired my own staff so we were a perfect fit
Cons: corpoate changed policys over 4 times a year.
A normal day at CNG would be coming in doing all the banking relations balancing tills and handling the clients. Lots of collection and reminder calls. The hardest part of the job was letting people go.
Terrible place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), NevadaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: customers are great
Cons: everything else.
I started as a CSR and loved my job for the first month or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed my customer. Things were fine until my manager was caught stealing and creating fraudulent folders for customers. Then, they hired someone else for the manager position. Loved working with the manager and the other 2 CSR's they hired. The system screwed up and said the store manager was short $500. Two other stores that same day had the same issue but the system corrected itself. Not at this store. That store manager was later fired for something she couldn't control. I was then offered the store managers position which I accepted. Huge mistake. The pay sucks, the DDO expects you to reach unrealistic goals, and makes you worry for your job every day. They bumped up the CSR I wanted to full time. Two months later the DDO is cutting her hours back down to 19. No adult with a family can survive off of 19 hours a week at 9 something an hour. This job is not what they make it seem. The only good thing is most of the customers. They're great. But upper management could care less about their employees.
Autocratic nightmare
CSR (Former Employee), Carson city nevadaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: checks don't bounce
Cons: employees are just a means to making more money
The corporation does not value anything/anyone other then money.
They beleive everyone lies, and no one will be trusted.
Nice place to work with the public.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be handling cash and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job there is meeting new people and helping them with their needs.
very high turnover
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 30, 2014
Meeting and servicing the needs of our clients was the most enjoyable part of the work.
Payday advance
customer service representative (Former Employee), South Boston, VADecember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at this company. I got to meet a lot of people who I still have relationships with today. It was unfortunate that this company closed.