Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

Na
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 21, 2017
Not a good place to work when I was there 2 many grown messy people lack professionalism and big liars in appreciative of all the work I did with being alone in store.
Highly productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 21, 2017
It is one of those cash advance places which does help people in a pinch. It also has the capacity to turn you into a collections agent as well. It's always best to educate the customers as to how to get out from under constantly paying the high interest rates.
Pros
Fun place to work and helpful
Cons
Collections
Productive busy environment
Loan Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJune 21, 2017
There was a high turn over. The location I worked at after being trained didn't have a manager or assistant manager. I worked alone. It was tough at times while working alone while it would get busy. Since there was no management I did all the necessary paperwork. I was doing all this work yet wasn't even promoted for doing all that work.
Pros
Quit and safe
Cons
No breaks, no other employees
assistant manager customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2017
data entry for loans perform held check audits western union services. provide great customer service by accommodating customers needs. other services include prepaid cards tax services and buying gold.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 16, 2017
I enjoyed some of my time with this company. Management was not always flexible with time off due to project completion concerns. No room for advancement.
Not bad job for decent pay
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 11, 2017
Easy job the pay is good for what you do. You at least get a couple days off during the week. Its kind of a shady business payday advance and it gets repetitive.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Never changes repetitive
no management accountability
STORE MANAGER/ CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 9, 2017
When things would start to get rough the management would have no suggestions on how to improve your store numbers or how to bring in new clients. Yet, when review time came around they were sure to doc you on those points instead of helping again.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no mgmt accountability
Micro-Management
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 3, 2017
The job was not hard; however, management changed several times which caused micro-managing and manipulation. Didn't like having job being held over my head if I didn't meet certain parameters especially when we surpassed goals.

Previous District Manager rated store as an A and when new manager came, rating dropped to a D because it was her previous store.
Pros
Cool environment
Cons
Saturday work
Don't waste your time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 31, 2017
Company expects a lot from employee with no incentives and very little pay. Best part of day was going to lunch! Only the store Managers get incentives and not the customers service reps even though they are part of the team!
Alright
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WIMay 30, 2017
Good company to work for. Be willing to work with only one other person in this position. Lots of paperwork. But great one on one work with your coworer

Want to know more about Check 'n Go?

Ask a question
Unprofessional, Unfriendly Work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenwood, ILMay 27, 2017
A typical workday at Check N Go was very tedious and looooong. The upper management enjoyed watching their lower level employees via security cameras.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Low pay
Very fast paced
Loans Clerk (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 26, 2017
This job was over whelming by the employees and management. I would start my day by opening the business and counting the money to dispense a drawer and then wait for customers to require a loan. It was fast paced company and would have to be busy the whole time.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAMay 25, 2017
At first working there I was excited, got a job wow!! cool. Well working there was very difficult although the employees were nice and cool to talk with, the Management was not so nice, but not only that the roles on how to do running the office changed all the time it seemed like every week the rules changed. You know I don't mind change I think change is great, but man when it came to this job it was overwhelming to everyone that worked their or has worked their. The turn over their with the employee's was just to much.
Fun workplace
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 23, 2017
As the Store Manager it was cool to go and do collections. Collecting plays a big part of this job. You also was able to hire your own staff and train them.
Good pay, high turn over
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXMay 22, 2017
Pay is good but the turnover for District Managers is unreal... 4 District Managers in less than 3 years!!! Forget requesting time off if your a full time employee cause it won't happen unless you have been there over a year and have vacation time built up. Be prepared to be wrote up or fired if your a Store Manager if you do not meet payment and collection quotas. 3 write ups in a year and your toast!
a lot of marketing
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXMay 18, 2017
Always busy making phone calls n receiving calls. customer service was great. never could plan a vacation. was called even on my day off.a lot of marketing
Pros
you get plenty of vacation time
Cons
in management you can"t plan a vacation date
was difficult to feel comfortable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, CAMay 18, 2017
at the time that I worked here I had a difficult time, the manager had health issue, there was not adequate coverage for me. I was over worked and pregnant at the time.
Pros
n/a
Great Job.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bonham, TXMay 11, 2017
I enjoyed working here. The only problem is staff is always short handed. If one person calls in then you are in a tough position. This was a pretty easy job. Very quiet and and management was always supportive. This is a great starter job or a job for supplemental income.
All about check n go
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 2, 2017
When you 1st start its alot to take in if you are not use to working in store. Learned how to open and close a store . Training mamager was great! Work was ver chill and great if you dont have little kids in school. Housr cant comeplain.
Pros
Repetitive
Cons
Too much for little pay
fast paced
CSR (Former Employee) –  lawton okMay 1, 2017
On slow days it was relaxing but on busy days it was very fast paced and of course competitive. Dealt with lots of traffic in and out of the store all day. It was non stop.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check 'n Go. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6