Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

standard payday advance company
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Ionia, MIJanuary 8, 2017
Standard payday advance company that uses customer personal checks as leverage for cash advance. A typical day is calling to other stores in your region and checking for multiple accounts for customers. Running background checks on customers. Calling banks to check for funds if customers do not come in to pay their balances. Deals with large amounts of cash and a lot of banking with banks in the area.
Pros
fun work, good hours
Predatory Lending Trap
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2016
Horrible experience. Once I was tricked into taking the job from management who misrepresented the job details, they threw me into a store all alone and not properly trained and left me working alone 6 days a week from open to close. Was told I need to "suck it up" when I informed my district supervisor that I needed to go to the emergency room. As soon as I was able to find an out, I escaped their trap.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No work/life balance, unable to use vacation time, predatory sales practices
fun and great learning work place.
Administrative Assistant/Head Loan Teller (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2016
a typical day at work at Check N Go was very productive as for making collection calls, bank runs, and daily loan operations.. I learned a lot of great things at check n go as far as loan processing is done. very low supervision as far as management goes. the hardest part about check n go was obtaining normal full time hours. I enjoyed meeting new people and getting my job done.
N/a
Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 28, 2016
I am always looking for advanc
Decent hours and days, builds customer relationships, flexible schedule, clerical experience, manager worked around school and internship schedule, slow at times.

, very high turnover rate, minimum hours per store, dress code, demanding goals, required to do human directional which includes holding a sign on the corner by your store for x amount of minutes, GREED
Ok place to work...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INOctober 7, 2016
Working here was difficult but not as rewarding as the difficulty mandates. For the amount of hours a manager has to put in, the pay is less than substantial. Couple that with having to track down customers, deal with daily threats and rudeness, and few hours for other employees and it can be a hassle. That being said the management is helpful and want you to succeed. Overall an ok experience.
Pros
Great way to develop yourself
Cons
Quite a few but they are manageable
Not hard work but can be morally difficult for soft-hearted people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 28, 2016
Typical day includes running to the bank and preparing the store for open, as well as preparing the store for close. Days can be long (it was not uncommon to work from 8AM to close at 6PM multiple days a week). Collections is probably the hardest work that needs to be done while here, for multiple reasons. 1) It's very difficult to get a hold of people who know they owe you money and don't/can't pay it, and 2) sometimes getting the money you are owed (usually directly from the bank before the customer has a chance to withdraw all the money in their account) can make you feel slimy and despicable. Bad experiences are few and far between, but they can stick with you for a long time.
Pros
Most days tend to be pretty quiet, company pays very well for travel
Cons
No scheduled breaks, work can be morally draining
Check n Go friendly fun work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 21, 2016
Since working with Check N Go, I've learned and experienced from many situations. I've learned how to communicate with co-workers and customers, speak up I would say. The Check N Go employees are more like friends then co-workers they make it a friendly and productive work place.
Good part time job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 13, 2016
Store fronts are small and manageable. Interpersonal skills are a must with good cash handling and customer service skills. Just do your job and don't expect to move up.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Hard to advance, no security in place to protect employees.
A Starting Point
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cathedral City, CASeptember 8, 2016
The good:
- A good place to build Customer Service Skills
- Business hours coincide with bank hours, so no late nights, and they are closed for the five major holidays

The bad:
- Locations are run with bare minimum labor coverage, CSR's are often left covering the store by themselves
- Promotions are rare, managers are often outside hires
- "Sales" goals are often unrealistic and "prizes" for meeting goals are typically $5 or $10 gift cards, definitely not worth the effort
- Employee's are often held responsible (fired) for the shortcomings of the company, especially managers

Summary:
Not a place you want to plan on working at for a long time, not a career environment. The company is more concerned with protecting the higher level staff that don't work at store level. Expect to be overworked and underpaid, perform demeaning marketing exercises including shaking a sign for oncoming traffic.
Hard to work for.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJuly 18, 2016
This job was very demanding of marketing. I had to push out about 500 flyers a week. Meaning I had to close the store drive around to parking lots and stick flyers on peoples cars. If you did not meet your numbers for the month you were at risk for termination. So basically if you don't get new customers in at least 3 a day they think you didn't do your flyers. The management was very hard to work for. By management I mean the District managers. They were always very mean and I would see my store manager crying after a conference call. They basically made you constantly aware that you could be fired.
Cons
Everything about this job is a con
not a good company to work for !
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 24, 2016
This company has you working by yourself a lot of the time, they have unrealistic goals , training is not good, pay is low. Upper management is only out for themselves, they don't care about there customer service representatives at all, the turn over of employees is very high .
Pros
Cons
not enough time to take breaks, to much they want you to do, not enough hours to pay bills
Not an enjoyable experience.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 22, 2016
Unfortunately although I had met a couple of decent managers, this branch in this part is not governed very well. it is also short staffed and they definitely show favoritism. The pay is not worth the stress or side tasks like holding a sign on the street. Hours were good though, if you do not mind never getting a break.
Cons
Poor management, large workload
Check n Go is a fun but stressful place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 14, 2016
My manager and coworkers were great to work with, but the top of the company does not understand what happens in the stores and branches and they tend to make changes to policies that in end hurt the business. They then expect the employees to maintain growth when the policies are enforced, and the customers and employees just do not like how things are run.
Good learning experience
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VADecember 1, 2016
Meeting new people from all walks of life assisting them with their short term financial needs. Inputting information in our system, answering calls about our service.
Pros
Cons
The company did not survive a year.
Not a good job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MichiganJanuary 1, 2017
In general not the best place to work. Very high stress with brutal sales goals. Almost no chance for advancement with a high turnover rate at all levels.
Pros
Good hours of operation
Cons
No breaks, difficult to cover for time off.
Good company where one can be self managed.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2017
A place where someone who likes to work on an individual customer service basis, where one can self manager their workload as well as workday. Schedule is easily manageable as well.
Do not reccomend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Deming, NMOctober 26, 2016
This job is not easy and it's rewards are few. The management and other employee(s) actively looked for a way to fire me because I don't speak Spanish.
Pros
receipt reimbursement for travel expenses
Cons
racism
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIDecember 15, 2016
People coming and going.People come here for help. Helping the customer . Knowing you are able to help. the person i worked with was great .they thought me alot. great place to work for
Run away from this company
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2016
You have to work mainly by your self unless your someones favorite. Very unsafe for associates and worse part is they don't even care if you are safe are not. I you are getting treated wrong and speakes up for your self they will cut your hours until you quit. Csr are not a value at all just worried about the number and nothing else. Run as fast as you can !!
Pros
THE CO-WORKERS ARE GREAT AND TIGHT BECAUSE THEY HAVE TO TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER.
Cons
THEY REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT THERE WORKERS.
Sense of helping customers in financial need
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hawaiian Gardens, CADecember 8, 2016
Typical work day answering phones, data entry, processing loans, check cashing, western union services, collection and courtesy calls.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
safety, security

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Check 'n Go. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8