Check 'n Go Employee Reviews in United States

Not a job for the faint of heart.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 31, 2016
Great coworkers, great benefits, but more things to keep track of than the average CEO. If you survive and stay for 6 months, you may just get a handle on things. In a year, you could easily be looking at promotion to management, but don't hold your breath.
If you want a job that is going to pay the bills and not destroy your sanity, look elsewhere. This is high stress, lots of competition, and you may just love the incredible potential for excellence you find inside yourself out of necessity. Or, you will hate it, precisely for the same reasons.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits for hard work
Cons
So. Much. Necessary. Knowledge. Also, you rip off the poor.
Horrible employer
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 11, 2016
There is some good lower level management, however this company does not care about their employees. I worked for this company for over a year, in this year I worked consecutively over 32 hours a week, the employer would not give me full time benefits. This employer does not care to treat their employees right. This job requires a large amount of travel if you wish to make more than 19 hours as a Customer service rep.. Employees also may not leave the store for your lunch break, if you wish to take a lunch off the clock, you must lock the front door, clock out and eat, but if a customer comes to the door you are instructed to clock back in and help the customer, after they leave you can resume your lunch.
Stressful and a lot of expectations
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 28, 2016
Management position - corporate and district director want you to meet goals and do a lot of things; however, does not want you to work overtime to get it done. If you work overtime to get everything completed, you are questioned why you work overtime. Too much micro-managing in my district. Would not allow me to hire another person (part-time) to help in order to get store to run more efficiently. Pay is low for experience and education.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long hours, sometimes no lunch
its just a job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 29, 2015
ive noticed that there is no real room for advancement. they do not promote csr to manager they hire outside managers, ive watched this happen multiple times, and even see people quit over it. the upper management ( at least in my district) kind of treat you like you are inconveniencing them if you ask a question, they seem to care more that you can pass an axcess financial quiz than have a decent work environment. they also have no real bonus or incentives, the plan is in existence but doesn't work in a way where a store that is doing well can make bonus . i definitely will not work here forever, but for the time being it will do .
No security
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTMarch 8, 2016
The District Manager I was under was constantly threatening our Store Manager. He would approve a request then later reprimend her for it even if others witnessed it. Management was ridiculous. No manager was ever around or would answer their phones. Everything was MICROmanaged so it was necessary to have a manager around. The pay was ridiculous. No benefits,no appreciation basically
Cons
Fun place to work, nice coworkers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 19, 2016
Easy job, nice coworkers, I don't like working by myself and the pay is not enough for the responsibility. Typically I issue loans and take in payments, we cash checks, issue money orders and send western unions. It's a lot of paper work. The hardest part is being by myself most of the time. My mangers above me are very welcoming there is just no room for advancement.
Benefits
Cons
Not enough pay.
Im looking for a secure job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMMarch 7, 2016
l enjoy what I do rather Check n Go has no job security. And will like to have an opportunity to change my career to Medical.
Pros
Nothinng
Cons
No Management
A learning experience
CSR/Manager (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJanuary 19, 2016
A typical day at work was to come in open store, prepare cash drawers, call banks and then go to bank. Come back do collection calls waiting on customers, answering phones. Balancing cash drawers throughout the day, and at closing. I learned how to work in this type of business here, and the customers made it enjoyable. I had great co-workers and we worked very well together ,was promoted to manager in a different store. We had a good management team up to the top. And again the hardest part of the job was turning away people that needed our help.
Pros
people
Cons
pay, late hours at times
Great Starting point if out of college or beginning employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALAugust 27, 2015
This company has a plethora of great beginning employment experience it would make a great stepping stone for further employment and or a second job! The management is ok and the benefits that I can remember were modest!
Pros
great company
Cons
no space for immediate advancement/ high turn over
Hectic place with no real sense of unity
CSR (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Although I was trained well, policies seemed to differ from store to store and levels of management. Higher ups really don't seem to care about store level employees who have to deal with irate customers. Everyone always knew they were replaceable if anything were to go wrong. Hardest part of the job would be no clear path of communication, and having to deal with gossip circles among managers. Enjoyed building relationships with customers.
Pros
direct sunlight with many windows
Cons
poor upper management

Want to know more about Check 'n Go?

Ask a question
not that great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 6, 2016
the g.m. and managers were always off at meetings and were rarely at the locations. hours were not as promised, training is great but the managers make it clear they do not want to be there. do not care about customer service, just get more money constantly. systems freeze up and lock out almost weekly and no updates are provided other than "deal with it"
Pros
if u like part time its nice
Cons
management, locations
Hate working here
SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  inland empire CaliforniaAugust 26, 2015
CSRs are treated like dirt. You're expected to do 100 things at once. Pay is minimum wage. Don't expect upper management to have your back. No bullet proof glass even though someone was killed. High turn over. It's your fault if your customers don't pay. Everything done wrong is a big deal but things done right and are above and beyond go unnoticed. Trainers make less then the people theyre training. Upper management Lies and promises you a promotion then simply changes their mind and brings in someone outside the company. You get bs from costumers for things out of your control. There's regular customer appreation days but no employee appreation days. Bonuses are ridiculous. This is a shady company to both their customers and employees. If you are offered a job here don't take it. You'll regret it.
Pros
co workers, Sundays off, some customers
Cons
horrible pay, bad upper management, unsafe environment, no CSR appeatation, large workload, unrealistic goals, consistent policy changes, understaffed, working alone, some customers
fun work place, face paced
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKNovember 13, 2015
i did love working there, but was not happy with management, i applied to be the store manager, and was well qualified, however, they skype interviewed a woman that i had to train for the management position and a week after i quit they fired her.
good starter job
CSR/LOAN processor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 13, 2016
Start daily routines set up computers, go through loan accts, make daily collection calls, do bank runs. This job is basic customer service it don't have much to teach outside of loan processing which is easy once you go through training. Management is over worked and really don't help other employees in advancing. most stores are only limited to 2 workers a part time and fulltime (manager). Hardest part of the job would be customers the don't always take denials good. Most enjoyable part is it is easy and a good starter job and you will be off on Sundays and home by 6:30 during the week and Saturdays by 2:30.
Pros
easy
Cons
pay is not good, no room for advancment
It is hard work for little pay and micro-managed constantly.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 26, 2016
You open the store and perform the opening checklists and prepare for the day. Reports and numbers are crucial every morning and must be sent to corresponding individual to put together the report for the district manager. You are constantly on the phone and it is monitored by the company. When working by yourself, it is hard to manage the work load such as phone calls, helping customers, cleaning the store and keeping up with the numbers to submit to specific individuals. What I have learned is that working for this company is heavily micro-managed. There is very little breathing room to helping the customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I clock out for lunch. Co-workers are okay. However, you must be careful on how you do your work because word travels fast to the district manager.
Pros
You might get one weekend off a month.
Cons
Health benefits are too expensive, not properly staffed, need more hands on training instead of computer training modules
An okay place to work but bad benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSAugust 21, 2015
I had a good time working for check n go but it got bad when the manager always took forever on lunchs and I did not get one. She made me work all the time when she got to go home and make fun of me to her husband, when I got pregnant she still made me lift heavy things even when I had a doctors note saying I could not, I was high risk and she still made me work long hours and never gave me lunch breaks, the benefits are terrible there, you get nothing.
Pros
you get off at 2 on saturdays
Cons
unsafe work place, you have to work alone ALL the time except on fridays
day to day
Store Manager and District Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 8, 2016
My typical day starts with a plan. I plan for the day the week and I set goals and targets. In my current business I am a numbers producer and I drive results. I am looked to, to keep the bottom performers floating with my numbers. I love doing that because I am a team player. I always reach out, offer help so others can reach their goals also. But it all starts with that plan. I have several key co workers that we team up and plan together to "take over the world". The hardest part of my job is not reaching the goals, its continually trying to out due my current achievements. I love working with my customers. They ask for me when I'm not there, they bring us gifts, so I know that I am doing something right. My goal is to never let anyone down. I am your driver. You give me a goal and I will drive results for you.
Check
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIFebruary 29, 2016
Arrived at 9:30 to prepare for opening. Count cash from previous day, double check paperwork and file as needed . Greeting and handling customers and whatever customer issues may have rise. I've learned how to delegated responsibilities, motivate, train and convey instruction positively and directly. The hardest part if my job was dealing with the customer issue of not having the funds to pay back. The most enjoyable part of my job was the customer interaction and learning about all of them and their families.
Pros
Work hours were good, interaction with people and available for my family and school.
Cons
Not much positive feedback, no lunches or breaks unrealistic expectations from a company removed from the situation.
fast paced
Interim Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 21, 2016
check n go was a nice place to work. there were goals that needed to be met. The goals were not hard to meet. Stability is no there.
Pros
compensation
Cons
stabiity
Overworked, Understaffed but Advancement Galore
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAOctober 29, 2015
High turnover rate in this company meant that frequently was asked to cover in other stores in the region, work excessive overtime hours, and work in a single-staffed store by myself all day. Moved up quickly into management because I actually worked when asked and didn't hesitate to put in the extra hours but it gets exhausting quickly. Job requires a lot of customer service skills, patience and resolution and conflict management skills. Handling money is a real plus seeing as you do it a LOT. Overall, good company but not enough people work there.