Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Mayfield, OHFebruary 3, 2016
Worked with Customers on a one on one level. Processed Pay Day loans for customers facing an emergency or just needing some extra cash until their payday.
Stressful and a lot of expectations
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJanuary 28, 2016
Management position - corporate and district director want you to meet goals and do a lot of things; however, does not want you to work overtime to get it done. If you work overtime to get everything completed, you are questioned why you work overtime. Too much micro-managing in my district. Would not allow me to hire another person (part-time) to help in order to get store to run more efficiently. Pay is low for experience and education.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, long hours, sometimes no lunch
Hectic place with no real sense of unity
CSR (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJanuary 24, 2016
Although I was trained well, policies seemed to differ from store to store and levels of management. Higher ups really don't seem to care about store level employees who have to deal with irate customers. Everyone always knew they were replaceable if anything were to go wrong. Hardest part of the job would be no clear path of communication, and having to deal with gossip circles among managers. Enjoyed building relationships with customers.
Pros
direct sunlight with many windows
Cons
poor upper management
Laid back atmosphere with minimal management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 30, 2015
Mostly a two people office selling netspend bank cards and loans. Busy days were mostly arounf the 1st, 15th, and every Friday.
is good overall
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Reedley, CADecember 11, 2015
management was super great! hours were pretty good as well but the only bad thing was that they dont move you up to full time very quickly and the pay isnt all that great for the amount of responsibility.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHNovember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is that there is never a dull moment. There is always something new to learn.
I enjoy my customers they are always there to put a smile on my face and make me laugh.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2015
Worked for this company for 10 1/2yrs, was dismissed from job for lack of execution. This was a lame excuse, I feel this was unjust and more of a cost cutting measure because I was the longest tenured manager in my district. I wasn't given a previous oral or written warning about this. I learned that Upper Management doesn't Value your Years of Hard Work with this company.
Pros
40 hour work week
Cons
No actual lunchtime breaks and 80% of time you're working by yourself
NO PROFESSIONALISM
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE CHECK N GO (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 28, 2015
Managers bend the rules so much you might as well break them!
Manager shows alot of favoritism.
Manager is always late.
Have their kids in the store, which is unacceptable.
Leave the store 2 to 3 hours and don't see the manager until it is time to close.
Pros
experience
Cons
Manager
good, but a little stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Clair Shores, MIAugust 31, 2015
A good place to work could be a little stressful at times when it would get busy and there was no one but you there. There was a lot of safety issues, working alone, which in my opinion there should have always been two people there. The good thing is we had great customers, that made the job worth it.
Pros
great customers
Cons
no breaks, not safe
Great Starting point if out of college or beginning employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midfield, ALAugust 27, 2015
This company has a plethora of great beginning employment experience it would make a great stepping stone for further employment and or a second job! The management is ok and the benefits that I can remember were modest!
Pros
great company
Cons
no space for immediate advancement/ high turn over
Hate working here
SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  inland empire CaliforniaAugust 26, 2015
CSRs are treated like dirt. You're expected to do 100 things at once. Pay is minimum wage. Don't expect upper management to have your back. No bullet proof glass even though someone was killed. High turn over. It's your fault if your customers don't pay. Everything done wrong is a big deal but things done right and are above and beyond go unnoticed. Trainers make less then the people theyre training. Upper management Lies and promises you a promotion then simply changes their mind and brings in someone outside the company. You get bs from costumers for things out of your control. There's regular customer appreation days but no employee appreation days. Bonuses are ridiculous. This is a shady company to both their customers and employees. If you are offered a job here don't take it. You'll regret it.
Pros
co workers, Sundays off, some customers
Cons
horrible pay, bad upper management, unsafe environment, no CSR appeatation, large workload, unrealistic goals, consistent policy changes, understaffed, working alone, some customers
Hire and then turn over company
District Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 22, 2015
Does not trust leadership. Like to micromanage the field associates. Have shareholder responsibilities that make it difficult to make changes. Focused more on the oversees ventures that the U.S.
An okay place to work but bad benefits
CSR (Former Employee) –  Liberal, KSAugust 21, 2015
I had a good time working for check n go but it got bad when the manager always took forever on lunchs and I did not get one. She made me work all the time when she got to go home and make fun of me to her husband, when I got pregnant she still made me lift heavy things even when I had a doctors note saying I could not, I was high risk and she still made me work long hours and never gave me lunch breaks, the benefits are terrible there, you get nothing.
Pros
you get off at 2 on saturdays
Cons
unsafe work place, you have to work alone ALL the time except on fridays
FIRST JOB I WAS HAPPY TO QUIT!
CSR (Former Employee) –  akron, ohioAugust 21, 2015
I have read all the bad reviews for this company and there all TRUE! 100% REAL TALK. No matter what state store chain allied or checkngo this company is horrible. Ive been here over 18 months and has seen 9 managers come and go. I have been working by myself off and on for almost six months. Were only allowed two people per store which is open six days a week so getting off or vacation is hard to get since they expect others to give up there off days or work alone to help out others. There is no room for growth they expect csr to have no write ups for six months to a year in order to get promoted but you get wrote up for ANY AND EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME. The job interferes with your personal life because they must forgot you have or want one but expect you to drop everything and always be available because they have a terrible staffing problem.They spend so much time scrutinizing the CSR'S and Manager's when its the upper management that needs the most evaluation and they dont care about ANYTHING and lie all the time; the work dosent compensate the pay. Its a $12 hour job yet they only pay $9, $10 if you have an associates. Ive been covering stores by myself and trained my former manager who just recently quit after being there six months as so did the District Manager;so im back to working by myself. They wont promote me due to their backwards policy or give me a decent pay raise, So this is my last week here!
Pros
The job itself is enjoyable
Cons
Bad wages, disorganized company, extremely high turnover rate, untrustworthy upper management
Long hours not worth the pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2015
Manager got duties done, but was forever on the phone taking personal calls. Too much down time on a regular day you would only help maybe four people. Which made the day drag on even more. Never a set lunch or anyone to cover for you. The system used was outdated. Overall I would not recommend working for this company. The pay isn't worth it especially working six days week for a horrible check.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Pay sucks
Maybe better with good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 15, 2015
Very relaxed place. Not a bad job itself. The manager is a snob and very rude. She treats the customers like peasants. She has no people skills by any means and she talks about them. There is only two people who work at a location and only one person works a day. The two work together on Fridays. Management are friends who came from one location and they have looked out for each other so be prepared that no issues will be resolved. There is no safety glass at this location. They also want you to drive many miles away to "market" their facility. Marketing means to put stickers on people's cars. Also, customers get upset when they come to make a payment and no one is there. Also, YOU ARE NOT REIMBURSED FOR YOUR GAS.
Pros
Relaxed setting
Cons
No set lunch, no gas reimbursement
Too much responsibility not enough pay
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INAugust 13, 2015
This was the most demanding job for the least amount of pay. The store manager is very thorough and wants things done the way she wants it done. Didn't receive full training before I was just put into operating the whole store alone some days. They make sure not to give you full-time because they don't won't to dish out benefits. Very stressful position for 19 hours a week don't even waste your time. Wish I'd had a chance to read the reviews first!
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
No lunches, no hours, daily stressful situations, not feeling valued as a person.
very demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  grand prairie texasMay 24, 2015
long hours, grouchyu customers, outdated systems. but the pay was great and the managers are fun to work for. blah blah blahblahbalhdfkshdfkjsdhfkj
Pros
the money
Cons
the hours
Issuing Money
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2015
A typical day for me was answering multiple phone lines, issuing loans to qualified customers, scheduled appointments for loan repayments, recording applications for loan amount, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers that gave approval to qualified customers. Calculated, reviewed, and corrected errors on interest, principal and closing balance, using computers.
I worked long hours without any breaks, handled all loan functions, clerical duties and making sure the daily end balance always equaled out for the next day bank drops, I also handled a lot of cash and Credit Card payments on a daily basis by operating a cash register and a electronic safe.
Pros
Helping out qualified customers
Cons
worked long hours without any breaks, No one in the office with me on a regular basis for over three months
Worst job Iv had
CSR (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 11, 2015
This company is so unorganized it is ridiculious. I was a CSR and would be left alone in a store with no money, customers were always upset bc they didnt want a check that no one would cash. Management was useless and could never be reached if needed. I would not reccomend this job to my worst enemy.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
everything

2.7