Check 'n Go

Check 'n Go Employee Reviews

very demanding
Store Manager (Former Employee), grand prairie texasMay 24, 2015
Pros: the money
Cons: the hours
long hours, grouchyu customers, outdated systems. but the pay was great and the managers are fun to work for. blah blah blahblahbalhdfkshdfkjsdhfkj
Issuing Money
Customer Service Representative/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 24, 2015
Pros: Helping out qualified customers
Cons: worked long hours without any breaks, No one in the office with me on a regular basis for over three months
A typical day for me was answering multiple phone lines, issuing loans to qualified customers, scheduled appointments for loan repayments, recording applications for loan amount, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers that gave approval to qualified customers. Calculated, reviewed, and corrected errors on interest, principal and closing balance, using computers.
I worked long hours without any breaks, handled all loan functions, clerical duties and making sure the daily end balance always equaled out for the next day bank drops, I also handled a lot of cash and Credit Card payments on a daily basis by operating a cash register and a electronic safe.
Worst job Iv had
CSR (Former Employee), MichiganMarch 11, 2015
Pros: nice customers
Cons: everything
This company is so unorganized it is ridiculious. I was a CSR and would be left alone in a store with no money, customers were always upset bc they didnt want a check that no one would cash. Management was useless and could never be reached if needed. I would not reccomend this job to my worst enemy.
Relaxed atmosphere with flexibility in scheduling and the ability to interact and build relationships with the customers served.
Store Manager (Current Employee), Giddings, TXFebruary 18, 2015
For the most part I really enjoy my position with Check 'n Go. I enjoy getting to know my regular customers, and have made quite a few friends along the way. I have an amazing supervisor and get along well with my co-workers.
Awesome crew
Office Manager (Former Employee), San Leandro, CAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: i hired my own staff so we were a perfect fit
Cons: corpoate changed policys over 4 times a year.
A normal day at CNG would be coming in doing all the banking relations balancing tills and handling the clients. Lots of collection and reminder calls. The hardest part of the job was letting people go.
Terrible place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee), NevadaJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: customers are great
Cons: everything else.
I started as a CSR and loved my job for the first month or so. I enjoyed the people I worked with and enjoyed my customer. Things were fine until my manager was caught stealing and creating fraudulent folders for customers. Then, they hired someone else for the manager position. Loved working with the manager and the other 2 CSR's they hired. The system screwed up and said the store manager was short $500. Two other stores that same day had the same issue but the system corrected itself. Not at this store. That store manager was later fired for something she couldn't control. I was then offered the store managers position which I accepted. Huge mistake. The pay sucks, the DDO expects you to reach unrealistic goals, and makes you worry for your job every day. They bumped up the CSR I wanted to full time. Two months later the DDO is cutting her hours back down to 19. No adult with a family can survive off of 19 hours a week at 9 something an hour. This job is not what they make it seem. The only good thing is most of the customers. They're great. But upper management could care less about their employees.
Autocratic nightmare
CSR (Former Employee), Carson city nevadaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: checks don't bounce
Cons: employees are just a means to making more money
The corporation does not value anything/anyone other then money.
They beleive everyone lies, and no one will be trusted.
Nice place to work with the public.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Three Rivers, MIJanuary 2, 2015
A typical day at work would be handling cash and customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job there is meeting new people and helping them with their needs.
very high turnover
District Training Store Manager (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXDecember 30, 2014
Meeting and servicing the needs of our clients was the most enjoyable part of the work.
Payday advance
customer service representative (Former Employee), South Boston, VADecember 18, 2014
I enjoyed my time working at this company. I got to meet a lot of people who I still have relationships with today. It was unfortunate that this company closed.
RUNNNN!
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Miami Gardens, FLNovember 28, 2014
Pros: sunday off
Cons: long hours every friday and saturday & bank runs
Unprofessional work environment! the work that they require you to do doesn't match the compensation! Risking your life for them because they don't want to hire a bricks truck to deliver and pick up not to mention your mileage on your car! the district is short employee and somebody is always calling out
Horrible Place
Store Manager (Former Employee), KansasOctober 15, 2014
Pros: pay checks did not bounce, sundays off.
Cons: everything.
Honestly, knowing now what I do, had I known it back then, I would NOT have taken the job. They expect more than is capable, they want a small town Check N Go to compete with a major city one. High expectations for new customers in a town of 20k where they want on average 200 new customers per year from a 10 year old store. It's not realistic and it's not going to happen.

Then, on top of it, you have a District Manager that makes all the female employees nervous because he has a 'Staring' problem and when he's turned into Human Resources, nothing happens. It's swept under the rug.

No, this company has a lot of issues, and none of them will be resolved when their senior management gets to work from home and not have to be accountable for their own inactions. yeah, if you are desperate for a job apply to them, keep looking and leave them as soon as possible.
Steady work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), graham, txOctober 2, 2014
I was a different sector but I did enjoy it nonetheless. It is not a place I would go work for again just because I am not fond of that particular service.
Downright the worst place I have ever worked for!
Store Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth, INSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: dealing with customers
Cons: everything else this dump has to "offer"
This place expects a lot out of you for not enough pay. You are responsible for bringing in new customers and if you don't, you don't have a job. The goals are set so high that they basically set you up to fail. In order to attract new customers you are supposed to go stick post it note flyers to peoples cars in parking lots around the city (which is illegal), they expect 1000 flyers distributed PER WEEK & you also have to stand outside with a huge orange sign that says "loans up to $---". Remind you, you have to do this during business hrs and usually there is only one person working. So that means you have to LOCK the store up to go outside and do the flyering and sign waving, all the while your customers are walking up to your door wondering why you're not there or NEW customers come up and see that you are closed and go to the other 2 places in town! They do no sort of marketing on their own as a company... no tv ads, radio ads, billboards...NOTHING! It's all up to YOU to market their worthless company! Upper management is a complete joke. They have you working ALONE, open to close BY YOURSELF! 9 times outta 10 your store will be single staffed because they are so cheap that they only have 2 people per store generally and their turnover is ridiculous. They make us force products down our customers throats, we pretty much have to guilt them into taking the product or we lose our job. There's so much more to say just not enough time. I would just highly recommend NOT working here, it will save a lot of stress and headache.
CSR
CSR (Former Employee), Portage, MISeptember 17, 2014
Cons: can only wear black, management says racist remarks, management rude to customers, short staffed
Very unprofessional, dangerous job due to lack of hiring employees.
banking, loans, customer service, financial reports, cash handling, bill payments, check cashing, file maintenance, collections, sales, and marketing.
Manager (Former Employee), Macomb, MISeptember 15, 2014
Went to bank to replenish funds or collections on debt on a daily basis. Manager for co-worker (CSR). Responsible for all aspects of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.
n/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2014
I like my job its just very time consuming and interferes with my personal life and also I feel like I don't benefit enough for the work that I do
Challenging
Manager (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 23, 2014
Pros: start job
Cons: type of industry
This job was a great starter job. Helped me gain customer service experience.
Former Store Manager
Former Store Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaAugust 1, 2014
Pros: none they are the worse
Cons: none they are the worse
I have never worked for such a cold hearted unprofessional place of business in my life. Allied (check n go) will promise you the moon and the stars and you will not see any of it. The district manager is a lying, master manipulator, and just cold hearted. They have you working in offices alone from open to close sometimes six days a week. They exspect you to do fifteen different things by yourself. You get no lunch break. They force you to cover other stores because they are short staff. They only pay Csr's 9.00 at part time hours but end up working them full time hours with out the pay or benifits. The district director barks orders that she herself can not perform. You can't call in if your sick or have a emergency even with your sick time because the district manager will manipulate you, use things you say about your personal life against you. The turn over rate is crazy because of the way they treat you. They butter it up really good in the interview and then it turns out nothing like they stated. I would not recommend this company to anyone not for employment or business. They care soly on their self and their money not about you as a person, employee or customer.
It was a good place to work, learn how to work with a lot of different situation.
Supervisor (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2014
A typical day at work started with my making collection calls to customer banks. Putting up signage and getting the store ready for my customer coming into the store. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping customer getting their loan process and complete so they can receive the loan they need.

About Check 'n Go

About Check 'n Go For more than 15 years, Check 'n Go has been a leading provider of convenient consumer financial products. Headquartered – Read more