Check Into Cash Employee Reviews in United States

No Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 19, 2016
Worked for Check Into Cash for a short time. No real complaints and no real outstanding mentions. It was a good job for the time I was there.
Management Made Job Worth It
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2016
I can't speak for other stores but for the Delhi Store in OH: This was the best job ever! I had the best managers anyone could ever ask for. The policies of the corporation in regards to harassment and work place bullying are awesome and every job should incorporate them. Most corporations and government agencies don't address work place bullies but this company does and I thought that was truly innovative considering so much productivity and money is lost because of work place bullying.

My managers were 100% about self improvement and actually giving you the tools to do your job and do it well. Their attitude was training is never over because you can learn something new every day. I have a more in depth understanding of finances and laws regarding finances thanks to this job that I actually use in my personal life now. Coaching was never degrading or used as a scare tactic, it was actually used the way it was meant to be used with this company, as a teaching tool to better the employee, to better the company. There wasn't the typical arrogance or degradation that pervades office culture these days.

My only regret is that it did not turn into a career. If either of my two managers called me and said they had a position for me I would be there so quick it wouldn't even be funny.
Pros
Management/Team
Cons
My Center Closed/Pay
Stressfull job with low pay and never ending changes with very little praise.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJuly 13, 2016
You basically live at this job 9 hours a day 6 days a week at min wage with no rewards but a $5 gift card. Constant changes that are impossible to keep up with and last of training for employees causing custoners to be frustrated and take their anger out of employees.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks, no lunch pay etc.
Don't work here
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJuly 12, 2016
This company treats the employees like dogs. They send emails cursing you our for not hitting your numbers. Thinks twice about working here
Love my customers and Mgr
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 4, 2016
I really never had a job that I actually love until I started here last year in July my only down fall is the threats to keep closing our office I been sent home once because business was slow and got called back three weeks later in which I was absolutely excited but now they are talking about the possibility of closing again so I'm really sad and praying that they don't close.
Pros
My customers
Cons
Slow days when can't get not one pawn
i lve what i do and helping people ,but the organization,consistency and management is ridiculous
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Griffin, GAJuly 4, 2016
This company is modern day slavery. They are inconsistent. Change things when it is convenient. don't care to sticks for their employees.
Sees everyone as a number..TOO MUCH TO NAME!
Pros
customer service, love the customers, and when help is provided everyother weekend off
Cons
management, upper management, inconsistency, favortism, to much made up unnecessary paperwork
Stay away!!!
NA (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 1, 2016
High high turn over rate! Over worked, under paid! Pray you don't get sick while at work, not allowed to leave without finding coverage yourself. Basically told to take medicine and deal with it. You're health/lively hood is the least of their concerns. They Expect too much from you..things you can't control as far as customers coming to pay. Older employees thinking they're superior or acting as boss because they've been there longer. It will seem like the best job ever at first but you will eventually see everyone's try colors. This company will literally work you to death! If you have family at home this is not the job for you. No one with kids will survive off of the hourly pay that's offered, raises are not promised. You could be employeed there for years without a raise. Corporate only cares about the numbers and what/how you can make them more money. Employees aren't appreciated, treated as a simple replacement no matter how hard or punchiable you are. The worst most stressful job ever..stay away
Pros
Customers
Cons
Short breaks, pay, gossip
Stepping stone to another job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  London, KYJune 30, 2016
Upper management does not have a clue. You are nothing to them and expendable. Constant emails of reported thefts by managers/assistant managers and how they are prosecuted. Very low pay so you are forced to keep looking for another job. Bonuses are low but can be steady if you can manage your center fairly well. I learned that it is just a matter of time before a repeat paying consumer will go rogue and skip out on paying as they are trapped into the loan.
Pros
Easy job in center, scary job having to go to consumer's homes/trailers
Cons
very low pay for managers, csr's are usually former customers, benefits offered are terrible and upper management doesn't care- you are expendable
Great starter job for finance interested job seekers
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 24, 2016
Management doesn't help when help is needed.
I learned how to calculate incomes and possible loan amounts based off of incomes.
typical day is pulling folders, making courtesy calls, collection calls, and setting up new loans and also collecting on old loans.
The politics of the company are horrible
The best part was helping customers understand their contracts and helping them with the little hiccups in life.
Pros
Decent pay, long breaks, indoors office setting
Cons
higher management only considers you a number. Not enough training
good job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJune 24, 2016
this is a good job well used to be but they closed all of the a and n down and i was sad but when i was with this company i really did enjoy my time and training with this company
Pros
eveything
Cons
nothing
Don't let them fool you
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 19, 2016
I was brought into this company based on lies. The DM that hired me lied to me about the pay, the benefits, and everything else. I left a job that paid a dollar more per hour and on my first day, she told me she wasn't giving me what she told me I would get at our interview. The insurance was expensive and horrible. The management are HORRIBLE at training and pretty much leave you to figure out everything on your own. They tell you "early evening" nights, saying they're open from 10AM to 6PM. They do not tell you, however, that you have to be there at 8:30AM to start collection calls and sometimes you're there until after 8PM doing collection calls. If you have one minute of overtime, you are in a lot of trouble. If you have one minute UNDER the 40 hours, you're in just as much trouble. The company is ruthless and preys on desperate people.

I'm assuming they hire management out of high school because that's how they all act. From store managers to District and Regional managers. They pick favorites and let some people get away with EVERYTHING and then if they don't like you, they'll write you up for something as small as saying "we can't do that" to a customer (even if we really CAN'T do something).

There was never any employee appreciation. I'm not asking for gifts or anything, but a small "thank you" for running around all over Wisconsin and filling in at different locations on a minutes notice would have been nice. They'll take advantage of you and if you say "no", you are put on the bad list.

And DO NOT fall for the "bonus" line. You CAN earn a bonus. Only if
  more... every customer makes their payments on time and they expect you to do collection calls all day long, and if there's a customer that changes their number and never makes a payment, it's YOUR fault. Bonus gone. And the bonuses are bull anyway because they take all of the stores bills out of your bonus pay. Ink for the printers, paper, even TOILET PAPER. It ALL gets taken out of your bonus every month. I'm pretty sure those are all costs of running a company, but hey, what do I know.

This is seriously a horrible company to work for. The job itself isn't hard or horrible, it's the COMPANY. If you're interested in getting into the loan business, try Check N Go or a bank. They might treat you a little more like a human being.
Pros
Lunch break (if you're not a manager), air conditioned
Cons
horrible management, treated very poorly as an employee, everything else
Busy work place
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 5, 2016
This company lacks on training when it comes to there managers. this a demanding job.It is a job that you learn from each day cause there is always something new each day that normally wouldn't happen it is hard to train on somethings cause of each customer's needs ar different. The customers that come in on regular basis you begin to build a relationship with them and it makes the job that much interesting.
Pros
the customers
Cons
I drive 45 mins.to an hour one way looking for something a little closer to home
Work conditions
Clerical Assistant (Current Employee) –  TNMay 25, 2016
Check into Cash does not care anything about the employees in the stores as the quotas are impossible to achieve. The DM do not care about the store managers unless the numbers are good at the end of the month. The DM's threaten to terminate the store managers if they do not receive there numbers for the day and even threaten to fire the wrong person for the other managers mistakes. The owner only gives a Christmas card to all employees showing how he and his family have a great life in a huge house while his employees makes minimum wage or less
Pros
nothing to add
Cons
Pay is horrible and DM's are clueless on store operations.
Overworked and Underpaid
Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaMay 16, 2016
Overworked and Underpaid is an under statement, constantly threaten and has the highest turnover rate ever, micro managed and upper level dont have a clue
Pros
Flex hours
Horrible company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jersey Village, TXMay 11, 2016
I had been employed for check into cash for about 6 months. This is the worst company to work for. The way everything is set up is so unorganized. Little to no pay. STAY AWAY!
Horrible.
CSR (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2016
I do not recommend working here... this company has a high turn over rate and for a good reason.. they treat their employees nad. If your a csr. Count yourself as expendable and replaceable. You will have to fight for your rasieses and there is a chance your boss will walk out. Because of how they are treated. This is not a job for someone with a life or a kid. I enjoyed my job at frist. But I value myself.
Pros
Experince in the corparate world, customers are great people
Cons
Pay, amount of respect, benefits as far as fuel reimbursement. Fight for rasies
Horrible!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCMay 6, 2016
Manager Has The Worst Attitude Ever!...Proberly Wouldn't Quit If I'd Had A Different Manager.Acts Like She's Power Strong Like That's Her Company.Just Plain Horrible I've never been on a Job Where I'd Have Headaches Every Day When Leaving.Just Horrible!
Pros
Learning About loans and Title Loans
Cons
Horrible office Manager!!
Not the best place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, VAMay 2, 2016
DBVI services include vocational rehabilitation, education, independent living skills, orientation and mobility, deafblind services and a comprehensive...
Convenient place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  La Place, LAMay 2, 2016
Data entry, clerical, customer service, cash handling, processing loans and making collection calls to customers who are in default of their loans
Upper Management doesnt care about the employees on the store level
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaApril 22, 2016
I have been with Check into Cash for awhile and I have only had 2 DMs who actually acted like they care about us on the store level. All the others don't have or even try to understand what we go through. The pay is horrible for all the work we have to do. I love the majority of my customers and have a peaceful environment with my co workers. If your desperate work to pay your bills but dont make it a life career

2.8