Check Point Software Technologies Employee Reviews

New Technology and challengess
Manufacturing Manager (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJuly 17, 2017
Shift started early 7am, check personal come in and start on time., work distribution, meeting with staff supervisors, review production status, review quality trends. Learned very much in terms of time management and and human relations.Work place culture, total quality control and schedule adherence.Hardest part of the job was material shortage due to distant from mother plant in Denver Co.
and Recovery Plans. Most enjoyable, to work with people and see technology change year after year.
Pros
Salary and 401 k
Cons
Many hours away from family
Great product, poor management/culture
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2017
Best security provider in the industry, but needs more focus on internal tools and employee development.

Great experience overall

First job out of college
Summary
Territory Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, CTMay 24, 2017
The team is great and helps you out a lot with everything. They are very knowledgable and product experts. They have a proven sales method and it works.
Company Going Through Big Change
Sales (Former Employee) –  HQMarch 28, 2017
Cyber security is a hot industry and this company trying to keep up in this new era. Large company that still operates like a 24 year old company. Below industry standard in salary.
Pros
Hot Industry
Cons
Poor work balance due to moving deadlines
Check Point Software
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJanuary 18, 2017
Good company to work for, Management was great. Never micromanaged. Commission was difficult to receive after achieving goal.
A Dream Come True
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 21, 2016
Working with Check Point was literally a dream come true for me. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that my position offered no room to grow. All of the positions above me were held by individuals who will be there for a very very long time. The company not only empowers it's employees to succeed but constantly shows how much they truly value each and every member of the team.
Pros
Free Lunch, Great Benifits, Industry Leading Organization
Cons
None at all
Facilities Coordinator, Real Estate/Facilities (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CASeptember 15, 2016
-Follow up with team from different regions to verify if there is any facility needs
-Vendor Management
-Ticket Administration
-Purchasing
-Customer Service and Support
-Office and Project Management
-the hardest part is the language barrier when working in different countries
-I enjoy the travel and meeting new coworkers at all the office locations
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Always oncall due to covering multiple regions
Great place to gain experience
Support (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 13, 2016
Management is terrible and so are the random changes that are made that only last for a couple of days and then randomly change back. Maybe should cut the liquor on the job.
Great place to get experience in security and co-workers are really supportive.
Pros
food, certs, experience, co-workers
Ok work place
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAAugust 15, 2016
It was ok place to work with. The HR team is great, but not much room for mobility to anywhere, especially if you are looking trying to get convert from temp to regular employee.
If you're currently employed, not recommended to move here
current employee (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAApril 23, 2016
The people are wonderful to work with in San Carlos office and other locations. This helps people put up with a lot of what's lacking.
As an employee you can be proud of the history of this company.
The product development is ahead of the competition.
Sadly they can be penny wise and pound foolish. (Sales can't spend over $150 without a PO). Their unwillingness to adapt to how the US conducts business drives key talent away and is the root of a big morale issue.

Departments are understaffed but employees are still held to KPIs as if they were adequately staffed. (My personal belief is so they can avoid paying out full bonuses and repress annual raises to minimums.)
There is a large turn over at this company for those that are not stuck or in the twilight of their career.

The company is run like the military. Lack of communication, chaotic direction from the President or CEO. Attitude seems to be ok to burn people out, you're just a replaceable "troop".
It feels very disconnected/disorganized.
Don't even dream of being a change agent for real improvement because everything has to be approved by the CEO, and all business comes to a halt that needs his approval if he's on vacation or unavailable. It's professionally embarrassing at times.

Benefits are mediocre compared to Silicon Valley standards.
Pros
Great people, free lunches, HR puts on a lot of little events
Cons
Micromanged by CEO in Israel shows lack of trust in US HQ
They had alot of family outtings
Intern ATC Coordinator Education Services (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 17, 2015
Check Point Software Technologies was a office job, I was an Intern and mostly all my work was done on my computer. Most of my work history is in production so I found it a little hard to slow down. I loved learning new things and my supervisor and co-workers were always ready to teach me new things.
I was living in Texas then, my father pasted and had move back. I would still be there if could.
Pros
The company paid for our food everyday and on Thursdays departments took turn bringing food.
Cons
I didn't have time to find any cons
Check Point is a great place to work and learn about network security business.
Partner Alliance Manager/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJuly 15, 2013
Check Point is a great place to work and learn about the network security business. I have had the pleasure to move within the organization to learn different aspects about the business and using this knowledge for career growth.
Pros
ability to work with cross functional teams, the business relationships with field sales and partner community, free lunch
Cons
Cultural differences